Cricket: ICC World Twenty20 2010

Re: Cricket: ICC World Twenty20 2010

Sport Cricket
Event England v New Zeland
Selection England
Strength 10/10
Date 10/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Boylesports @ 1.83 (Back)
Reasoning Same again please. England were exceptional against South Africa and have looked good all tournament. KP has gone home but Bopara should come in for this game and he looked decent in the warm ups. The rest of the batting looks strong and capable of getting enough. The bowling unit too looked great against South Africa and we have good spin and pace options. All round we look a good unit and better than New Zeland. New Zeland batting looks patchy and not a lot of guys in good nick. The bowling is decent, maybe 1 short of a good attack, but England look the much better side.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: ICC World Twenty20 2010 England v New Zealand To St Lucia, after the happy hunting ground for England of Bridgetown. Pitch here more suiting dibbly dobbly than the quicks. Expect Oram to be back for Kiwis, who are smart operators in these sort of conditions although no-one has fired for them with the bat so far. There's rain about. Could be a scrambled win for either side. 1pt SELL England/New Zealand runs in first 6 overs @ 0 5pts more than 1.5 run outs in match @ 10/11 -2 pts so far :eyes

Re: Cricket: ICC World Twenty20 2010 Was away yesterday but back with 1 in this 1st match today. Back in St Lucia now where the slow wickets come back with a vengeance. 3pts Pakistan to beat South Africa 8/5 Sportingbet Both these sides have to win this match to have any chance of being in the semi finals. Any Pakistan win coupled with an England win will see them through to the knockout stages while any South Africa win will see them through should England win later or New Zealand win by a small margin. Realistically though, this is as good as a quarter final. Back in St Lucia now and I expect Pakistan to come alive again. To be fair they were slightly unlucky against New Zealand. Some good cricket coupled with some poor cricket left them one run short but they can turn that around here. Pakistan's spin quartet of Hafeez, Afridi, Rehman and Ajmal will be key on this wicket against a side notoriously bad at playing spin. Aamir and Razzaq will need to start well with the ball. Pakistan's problems lie with the bat but this is the ground their opening pair put on 150 at in their opening game so hopefully renewed surroundings bring out their best games. South Africa not only need to win but probably need to do it by a large margin as well. As I've mentioned a lot in recent times when betting on South Africa matches, their batting is way too light - as England showed on Saturday. When Albie Morkel is walking out at 5 you're in trouble. Sure he can whack it but he isn't what I'd call a technically solid batsman who will rebuild you an innings. van der Merve may come back in on this spin friendly wicket. England killed South Africa with spin on probably the least suited to spin surface of the 3 we use in this tournament. On a real spin friendly wicket South Africa could easily get bogged down by quality spin that Pakistan have. That leaves it in the hands of the Pakistan batsmen and at 8/5 I'm happy to chance that they get it right today.

Re: Cricket: ICC World Twenty20 2010 10pts In Running Pakistan to beat SA 11/10 SA had Pakistan held by the crown jewels early, but typical of SA (of late) to not have the killer blow and now allowed Pakistan to reach 130/5 (off 16overs) im hoping Pakistan can push the tally to 165-170 mark i feel SA are fairly weak in the batting order and few early wickets will hit them hugely with the pressure being applied by Pakistan i maybe wrong on this but i also believe SA need to win by good total, so they may need to chase down Pakistan's total in less than 19overs (dont know exact figures)

10pts In Running Pakistan to beat SA 11/10 SA had Pakistan held by the crown jewels early, but typical of SA (of late) to not have the killer blow and now allowed Pakistan to reach 130/5 (off 16overs) im hoping Pakistan can push the tally to 165-170 mark i feel SA are fairly weak in the batting order and few early wickets will hit them hugely with the pressure being applied by Pakistan i maybe wrong on this but i also believe SA need to win by good total, so they may need to chase down Pakistan's total in less than 19overs (dont know exact figures)
afridi out as i type this, but still feel this is solid bet

Was away yesterday but back with 1 in this 1st match today. Back in St Lucia now where the slow wickets come back with a vengeance. 3pts Pakistan to beat South Africa 8/5 Sportingbet Both these sides have to win this match to have any chance of being in the semi finals. Any Pakistan win coupled with an England win will see them through to the knockout stages while any South Africa win will see them through should England win later or New Zealand win by a small margin. Realistically though, this is as good as a quarter final. Back in St Lucia now and I expect Pakistan to come alive again. To be fair they were slightly unlucky against New Zealand. Some good cricket coupled with some poor cricket left them one run short but they can turn that around here. Pakistan's spin quartet of Hafeez, Afridi, Rehman and Ajmal will be key on this wicket against a side notoriously bad at playing spin. Aamir and Razzaq will need to start well with the ball. Pakistan's problems lie with the bat but this is the ground their opening pair put on 150 at in their opening game so hopefully renewed surroundings bring out their best games. South Africa not only need to win but probably need to do it by a large margin as well. As I've mentioned a lot in recent times when betting on South Africa matches, their batting is way too light - as England showed on Saturday. When Albie Morkel is walking out at 5 you're in trouble. Sure he can whack it but he isn't what I'd call a technically solid batsman who will rebuild you an innings. van der Merve may come back in on this spin friendly wicket. England killed South Africa with spin on probably the least suited to spin surface of the 3 we use in this tournament. On a real spin friendly wicket South Africa could easily get bogged down by quality spin that Pakistan have. That leaves it in the hands of the Pakistan batsmen and at 8/5 I'm happy to chance that they get it right today.
10pts In Running Pakistan to beat SA 11/10 SA had Pakistan held by the crown jewels early, but typical of SA (of late) to not have the killer blow and now allowed Pakistan to reach 130/5 (off 16overs) im hoping Pakistan can push the tally to 165-170 mark i feel SA are fairly weak in the batting order and few early wickets will hit them hugely with the pressure being applied by Pakistan i maybe wrong on this but i also believe SA need to win by good total, so they may need to chase down Pakistan's total in less than 19overs (dont know exact figures)
Nice start to the day :clap:clap. Going to chance one in the 2nd match. It's not normally a market I'll dabble in but I think the time could be right to hit it. 3pts England vs New Zealand - No batsman to score 50 9/4 William Hill I think this looks a fairly big price. Particularly when we take into account that this is a hard scoring ground and 4's and 6's aren't easily to come by. So anyone who is to hit a 50 may have to use up a fair amount of deliveries and of course the mindset of this game is that you can't do that. You have to tee off once you're in is the mindset of this game and that may not be the way to play on this wicket. Interestingly, no New Zealand batsman has hit a 50 in the tournament to date and that's despite 2 batting efforts in Barbados. As a batting unit I think NZ are weak and their order lacks a real out and out class batsman to help Taylor out. Even Taylor is struggling in this tournament. England have only hit 3 50's in the tournament so far and the owner of 2 of those is sitting in a hospital in London at the minute. Ravi Bopara's a decent enough replacement for Pietersen but I'm still not sure he should stop me backing this. Realistically it's going to need someone in the top 5 to hit a 50 and I don't think there's a huge amount of nailed on worries in that department in either side. Both sides have pretty good bowling attacks so I expect a fairly low scoring match here and at 9/4 I think there's enough ingredients to take nobody to score 50 in the match.

Re: Cricket: ICC World Twenty20 2010 Hello guys... been a silent follower of PL, but have hardly posted anything. I'll give it a shot tonight. NZ have won the toss and chose to bat. Two for me for the ENG-NZ match. 5/10 points on ENG to beat SOUTH AFRICA @ 1.88 on betfair. England have been playing more or less fearless cricket in the last couple of games. They seem to be the only team apart from the Aussies making good use of the power plays. Feel that NZ will not know whats a good score here and may end up making much lower then they set out to do. Also England will bat without pressure and a positive team more or less wins in T20. Add to that Englands form and it looks very difficult for NZ to pull this one off. 2/10 points on ENG top scorer EOIN MORGAN @ 9/2 with William Hill Like Eoin Morgans form in the tournament. And with KP gone home, he looks to be the only guy who will come at 3 or 4 and hold the anchor role while chasing. 9/2 looks big with no other real contender. This is a slightly risky bet but have a good feeling about this one. Good luck all.

Was away yesterday but back with 1 in this 1st match today. Back in St Lucia now where the slow wickets come back with a vengeance. 3pts Pakistan to beat South Africa 8/5 Sportingbet Both these sides have to win this match to have any chance of being in the semi finals. Any Pakistan win coupled with an England win will see them through to the knockout stages while any South Africa win will see them through should England win later or New Zealand win by a small margin. Realistically though, this is as good as a quarter final. Back in St Lucia now and I expect Pakistan to come alive again. To be fair they were slightly unlucky against New Zealand. Some good cricket coupled with some poor cricket left them one run short but they can turn that around here. Pakistan's spin quartet of Hafeez, Afridi, Rehman and Ajmal will be key on this wicket against a side notoriously bad at playing spin. Aamir and Razzaq will need to start well with the ball. Pakistan's problems lie with the bat but this is the ground their opening pair put on 150 at in their opening game so hopefully renewed surroundings bring out their best games. South Africa not only need to win but probably need to do it by a large margin as well. As I've mentioned a lot in recent times when betting on South Africa matches, their batting is way too light - as England showed on Saturday. When Albie Morkel is walking out at 5 you're in trouble. Sure he can whack it but he isn't what I'd call a technically solid batsman who will rebuild you an innings. van der Merve may come back in on this spin friendly wicket. England killed South Africa with spin on probably the least suited to spin surface of the 3 we use in this tournament. On a real spin friendly wicket South Africa could easily get bogged down by quality spin that Pakistan have. That leaves it in the hands of the Pakistan batsmen and at 8/5 I'm happy to chance that they get it right today.
Nice start to the day :clap:clap. Going to chance one in the 2nd match. It's not normally a market I'll dabble in but I think the time could be right to hit it. 3pts England vs New Zealand - No batsman to score 50 9/4 William Hill I think this looks a fairly big price. Particularly when we take into account that this is a hard scoring ground and 4's and 6's aren't easily to come by. So anyone who is to hit a 50 may have to use up a fair amount of deliveries and of course the mindset of this game is that you can't do that. You have to tee off once you're in is the mindset of this game and that may not be the way to play on this wicket. Interestingly, no New Zealand batsman has hit a 50 in the tournament to date and that's despite 2 batting efforts in Barbados. As a batting unit I think NZ are weak and their order lacks a real out and out class batsman to help Taylor out. Even Taylor is struggling in this tournament. England have only hit 3 50's in the tournament so far and the owner of 2 of those is sitting in a hospital in London at the minute. Ravi Bopara's a decent enough replacement for Pietersen but I'm still not sure he should stop me backing this. Realistically it's going to need someone in the top 5 to hit a 50 and I don't think there's a huge amount of nailed on worries in that department in either side. Both sides have pretty good bowling attacks so I expect a fairly low scoring match here and at 9/4 I think there's enough ingredients to take nobody to score 50 in the match.
This is getting a bit repetitive now:lol (but never boring;)).....excellent stuff mate. Cracking prices, the 2nd bet was especially well researched:ok
Hello guys... been a silent follower of PL, but have hardly posted anything. I'll give it a shot tonight. NZ have won the toss and chose to bat. Two for me for the ENG-NZ match. 5/10 points on ENG to beat SOUTH AFRICA @ 1.88 on betfair. England have been playing more or less fearless cricket in the last couple of games. They seem to be the only team apart from the Aussies making good use of the power plays. Feel that NZ will not know whats a good score here and may end up making much lower then they set out to do. Also England will bat without pressure and a positive team more or less wins in T20. Add to that Englands form and it looks very difficult for NZ to pull this one off. 2/10 points on ENG top scorer EOIN MORGAN @ 9/2 with William Hill Like Eoin Morgans form in the tournament. And with KP gone home, he looks to be the only guy who will come at 3 or 4 and hold the anchor role while chasing. 9/2 looks big with no other real contender. This is a slightly risky bet but have a good feeling about this one. Good luck all.
Super stuff mate. Don't be silent anymore, especially with picks like that:clap

Great pick mate ;)

SportCricket
EventEngland v New Zeland
SelectionEngland
Strength10/10
Date10/05/2010
Bookmaker/PriceBoylesports @ 1.83 (Back)
ReasoningSame again please. England were exceptional against South Africa and have looked good all tournament. KP has gone home but Bopara should come in for this game and he looked decent in the warm ups. The rest of the batting looks strong and capable of getting enough. The bowling unit too looked great against South Africa and we have good spin and pace options. All round we look a good unit and better than New Zeland. New Zeland batting looks patchy and not a lot of guys in good nick. The bowling is decent' date= maybe 1 short of a good attack, but England look the much better side.
Nice, Nice , Nice, :clap:beer Was channel flicking saw Ross Taylor's wicket on the replay looks like it would have got him to 50 with a 6 if big Bres wasn't positioned there?

Going for a bit of a silly bet here.... To Top Score For They're Team... 1 BB McCullum @ 4.00 2 KC Sangakkara @ 4.00 3 CH Gayle @ 3.25 4 JH Kallis @ 4.00 5 DA Warner @ 3.50 6 KP Pietersen @ 4.00 Multiple Bets 63 x 0.10 Lucky 63 Stake: 6.30 Potential Winnings: 1,188.91 Mainly going for the openers, aside from Pieterson and Sangakkara. Just need 3 out of the 6 to win to see profit here.
Both McCullum and Kallis winners so far :D

Hello guys... been a silent follower of PL, but have hardly posted anything. I'll give it a shot tonight. NZ have won the toss and chose to bat. Two for me for the ENG-NZ match. 5/10 points on ENG to beat SOUTH AFRICA @ 1.88 on betfair. England have been playing more or less fearless cricket in the last couple of games. They seem to be the only team apart from the Aussies making good use of the power plays. Feel that NZ will not know whats a good score here and may end up making much lower then they set out to do. Also England will bat without pressure and a positive team more or less wins in T20. Add to that Englands form and it looks very difficult for NZ to pull this one off. 2/10 points on ENG top scorer EOIN MORGAN @ 9/2 with William Hill Like Eoin Morgans form in the tournament. And with KP gone home, he looks to be the only guy who will come at 3 or 4 and hold the anchor role while chasing. 9/2 looks big with no other real contender. This is a slightly risky bet but have a good feeling about this one. Good luck all.
missed this one, top work mate.:clap

Re: Cricket: ICC World Twenty20 2010 Crikey, this thread is on fire tonight :dude:dude:dude.

Sport Cricket
Event England v New Zeland
Selection England
Strength 10/10
Date 10/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Boylesports @ 1.83 (Back)
Reasoning Same again please. England were exceptional against South Africa and have looked good all tournament. KP has gone home but Bopara should come in for this game and he looked decent in the warm ups. The rest of the batting looks strong and capable of getting enough. The bowling unit too looked great against South Africa and we have good spin and pace options. All round we look a good unit and better than New Zeland. New Zeland batting looks patchy and not a lot of guys in good nick. The bowling is decent' date=' maybe 1 short of a good attack, but England look the much better side.
All fantastic shouts with winners at all sorts of prices. Well done all :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy. Chuck this one in which is a confirmed winner now too and 2 of ani's 6 with at least one more as good as nailed on as well and it's been a thoroughly superb day all round :nana:nana.

Crikey, this thread is on fire tonight :dude:dude:dude. All fantastic shouts with winners at all sorts of prices. Well done all :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy .
You can say that again :clap

Re: Cricket: ICC World Twenty20 2010 Is it true, KP will return for the final if we make it? If so...Ani you could be in for a decent wedge with that Lucky 63... If KP plays another game he could pip Morgan.... Warner is almost neck and neck with Watson... and as Kev says, Gayle is almost nailed on... Fortunately/unfortunately.... yours and Sangakarra's lose could well be alot of our gains, with Jayawardene looking good for top bat or a place at least.... Anyways, to repeat... top work to all today... I missed a few names earlier!!

Is it true, KP will return for the final if we make it? If so...Ani you could be in for a decent wedge with that Lucky 63... If KP plays another game he could pip Morgan.... Warner is almost neck and neck with Watson... and as Kev says, Gayle is almost nailed on... Fortunately/unfortunately.... yours and Sangakarra's lose could well be alot of our gains, with Jayawardene looking good for top bat or a place at least.... Anyways, to repeat... top work to all today... I missed a few names earlier!!
I have my fingers crossed that KP will be back for the final (if we get to it). Lucky for me i followed Kevs tip in Jayawardene to top score so i have that covere but im hoping i can get at least 4 out of the 6 and maybe just maybe 5 out of 6.

Is it true, KP will return for the final if we make it? If so...Ani you could be in for a decent wedge with that Lucky 63... If KP plays another game he could pip Morgan.... Warner is almost neck and neck with Watson... and as Kev says, Gayle is almost nailed on... Fortunately/unfortunately.... yours and Sangakarra's lose could well be alot of our gains, with Jayawardene looking good for top bat or a place at least.... Anyways, to repeat... top work to all today... I missed a few names earlier!!
KP will be back for Thursday mate. I think we're as good as weighed in with the Jayawardene bet. 30-40 tomorrow would mean Butt will have to make up 130-140 in a maximum of 2 innings but given Pakistan will be playing Australia you've got to say that's likely to be one innings. Not going to tempt fate but :hope:hope:hope.

Re: Cricket: ICC World Twenty20 2010 Taking an early one for tomorrow's matches. Remember there's no early one tomorrow. 6pm and 10pm starts. One for the 2nd match. Will come back tomorrow with the early game bets. Going to sleep on a couple. 3pts Australia Most 6's vs West Indies Evs Skybet I'm quite surprised we're getting this price on Australia here. I dare say one reason for it is Chris Gayle's masterclass against this opposition at The Oval in this competition last year. That hasn't escaped my mind either but I'm still happy to take this bet albeit at a slightly lower stake than I was going to go with. West Indies have conceded 24 6's in what is pretty much 3 innings given Ireland never showed up with the bat. Australia have conceded 20 6's in 4 matches so if we go by averages West Indies concede 8 per innings on average and Australia 5. It's hitting 6's where Australia are way ahead. In what is effectively 3.5 innings as their game against England turned into a 7 over affair, West Indies have hit 18 6's - roughly 5.5 a match. 7 of them came off Chris Gayle's bat in one innings. Australia on the other hand, in their 4 matches have hit 39 6's - 9.75 per innings. So Australia have a clear advantage in hitting 6's and conceding them. That's no surprise given that Australia will open the innings with Nannes and Tait when they are in the field. In their 4 matches so far, Australia have had their opponents 3 down on scores of 34, 13, 17 and 26 and it's a long way back from there and sides need to rebuild rather than big hit. Assuming Nannes and Tait show up in good nick then I think Australia will run out winners of the 6's match.

Re: Cricket: ICC World Twenty20 2010 Hi all, quick question......whats the situation on qualifing tonight for semis Aussie's top the group regardless dont they? sri lanka win are they through? just for if sri lanka win does this mean the later game is a dead rubber contest? if so no bet from me for the day

Re: Cricket: ICC World Twenty20 2010 India vs Sri Lanka India have been so bad in this comp, its untrue, there maybe some hope against SL today after their collapse against Australia. If they can pick up a win, there is an outside chance of qualifying still, its simple someone has to fire with the bat, with the talent they possess, think they can beat SL today. India Win @ 17/20 Bluesq.

Hi all, quick question......whats the situation on qualifing tonight for semis Aussie's top the group regardless dont they? sri lanka win are they through? just for if sri lanka win does this mean the later game is a dead rubber contest? if so no bet from me for the day
It's tricky to explain but I'll give it a go. If West Indies and Sri Lanka both win it will come down to net run rate to decide who goes through. West Indies would have to win by a stupid amount to cane Australia's run rate so we'll give them top spot. I'm no expert in maths but I think I've worked it out that West Indies would need to win by 20 runs more than SL beat India by to overtake them on NRR. It is still possible for India to get through as well. They will need to win and win very well and hope West Indies lose. Highly unlikely but not impossible. Either way, whatever happens in the 1st match, the 2nd one won't be a complete dead rubber :ok.

Re: Cricket: ICC World Twenty20 2010 Cricinfo.com have a good summary of all the various permutations: http://www.cricinfo.com/world-twenty20-2010/content/story/459187.html I also fancy India to perform better today but think the result is too tight to call so I'm having a speculative punt on: Top Indian batsman: G. Ghambir @ 4.5 (Ladbrokes) He has had a disappointing tournament so far and is well down on his T20 average - 9.3 currently, career average =27. If he can survive the Sri Lankan pace attack, he plays spin very well.

Re: Cricket: ICC World Twenty20 2010 Two games tonight. But am gonna leave IND-SL alone. Both teams have won and lost convincingly and its very difficult to call. SL beat Windies convincingly and lost to aussies by 80 odd runs after having them 30/4. India on the other hand beat ZAF convincingly, only to lose the next 2 games badly. So 2 markets and 3 bets for the Windies-Aussie game. 10/10 Australia to beat West Indies 1.47 Betfair No team has even come close to beating the Australians. And I dont see the Windies doing it. Specially with Gayle being their main player and the aussie opening bowling on fire. They have taken the opening opposition wickets in the following way: Sri Lanka 26-4 Pakistan 34-3 B'desh 15-4 India 23-4 (50-7) It will need a special effort from Pollard or Bravo to get a decent total on the board. Or chase. Which leads to my second market. 2/10 Bravo Top West Indies Bat @ 13/2 William Hill 2/10 Pollard Top West Indies Bat @ 8/1 William Hill The reason for this bet i have already given above. Hope Aussies keep taking early wickets. Then this bet has a strong chance of coming in. But, as always, its a lil risky bet. Please bear with the font and style of writing, am still getting a hang of it. Takes me less time to narrow down on bets, more to write. Oh well, as long as they come in ;) Good Luck all.

Two games tonight. But am gonna leave IND-SL alone. Both teams have won and lost convincingly and its very difficult to call. SL beat Windies convincingly and lost to aussies by 80 odd runs after having them 30/4. India on the other hand beat ZAF convincingly, only to lose the next 2 games badly. So 2 markets and 3 bets for the Windies-Aussie game. 10/10 Australia to beat West Indies 1.47 Betfair No team has even come close to beating the Australians. And I dont see the Windies doing it. Specially with Gayle being their main player and the aussie opening bowling on fire. They have taken the opening opposition wickets in the following way: Sri Lanka 26-4 Pakistan 34-3 B'desh 15-4 India 23-4 (50-7) It will need a special effort from Pollard or Bravo to get a decent total on the board. Or chase. Which leads to my second market. 2/10 Bravo Top West Indies Bat @ 13/2 William Hill 2/10 Pollard Top West Indies Bat @ 8/1 William Hill The reason for this bet i have already given above. Hope Aussies keep taking early wickets. Then this bet has a strong chance of coming in. But, as always, its a lil risky bet. Please bear with the font and style of writing, am still getting a hang of it. Takes me less time to narrow down on bets, more to write. Oh well, as long as they come in ;) Good Luck all.
Don't worry about fonts mate. We'll let you post in hyroglyphics if you keep firing the winners in ;).

Re: Cricket: ICC World Twenty20 2010 One for me in this early match. Considered a couple of others but don't really want to take the risk with them. 3pts Sri Lanka to beat India 11/10 Blue Square Was hanging on as the price looked like it might rise but hasn't so I'll take the 11/10. I think Sri Lanka have been ok in this tournament. Only Australia have really tore their bowling to shreds and to be fair to Sri Lanka they are doing that to everyone. The fact Sri Lanka had Australia 70/5 speaks volumes of what their bowling attack is doing and although Australia got away from them we know they are bowling well. In Jayawardene they have the top scorer in the tournament. Most of their batsmen have faced these Indian bowlers a lot recently in the IPL so there should be no real big surprises. India have had a poor tournament bar one game against South Africa and even that form line doesn't look much cop now given South Africa's struggles since. Their opening partnership keeps failing and putting pressure on their lower order and their bowling in the super 8's has gone halfway round the Pacific Ocean. A change in surroundings could sort that out but you'd have to think India are as good as out here and the fact they need a landslide win plays into SL's hands. If Sri Lanka can get a couple of batsmen supporting Jayawardene then I think they will win this quite cosily at a staggering price.

Two games tonight. But am gonna leave IND-SL alone. Both teams have won and lost convincingly and its very difficult to call. SL beat Windies convincingly and lost to aussies by 80 odd runs after having them 30/4. India on the other hand beat ZAF convincingly, only to lose the next 2 games badly. So 2 markets and 3 bets for the Windies-Aussie game. 10/10 Australia to beat West Indies 1.47 Betfair No team has even come close to beating the Australians. And I dont see the Windies doing it. Specially with Gayle being their main player and the aussie opening bowling on fire. They have taken the opening opposition wickets in the following way: Sri Lanka 26-4 Pakistan 34-3 B'desh 15-4 India 23-4 (50-7) It will need a special effort from Pollard or Bravo to get a decent total on the board. Or chase. Which leads to my second market. 2/10 Bravo Top West Indies Bat @ 13/2 William Hill 2/10 Pollard Top West Indies Bat @ 8/1 William Hill The reason for this bet i have already given above. Hope Aussies keep taking early wickets. Then this bet has a strong chance of coming in. But, as always, its a lil risky bet. Please bear with the font and style of writing, am still getting a hang of it. Takes me less time to narrow down on bets, more to write. Oh well, as long as they come in ;) Good Luck all.
Good post although I'm not going to follow you on either of these simply because i think both players are out of form particularly Bravo. It would be a major shock if Windies beat Oz but i think 1.47 pretty much reflects that. I'm going for a small punt on Darren Sammy to be top scorer at a way out 17.0. Sammy looked in decent nick last innings and incidentally in one game v Ireland he has already ended up top scorer. Windies are basically Gayle or nothing, if Gayle doesn't fire then Sammy's got as good as chance as anyone of top scoring even though he is likely to come in down the order. Sammy was actually promoted up the order against India (probably as a pinch hitter as they had already fired) but a small chance he may come in there again which if that's the case this could turn out to be very decent value. It's a long shot but worth a small stake i think.

Re: Cricket: ICC World Twenty20 2010 Small one for todays first game...... 4pts India to hit more 6's than Sri Lanka at Evens with BlueSquare This may have been staked higher if the forecast was a bit better for St. Lucia this evening. India have not performed as everyone expected this tournament and as a result only have an outside chance of reaching the semi finals. Despite that they have hit 30 6's so far, 8 more than the Sri Lankans, and with players like Yuvraj, Dhoni, Sharma and Raina i fancy them to hit a few tonight. They have already played 2 matches at this venue and have hit a combined total of 16 maximums whilst overall here there has been 68 hit in 6 matches. Sri Lanka have the tournaments top batsman in their line-up but although they do have some potential big hitters, i feel more of their batsmen are prepared to nudge and time their shots for 4 whilst the Indians have more men whose first instinct is to put the ball out the ground. With India's line-up looking more explosive and them going out there to try and prove a point, im happy to take this.