Tennis: 26th April - 2 May

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis: 26th April - 2 May E.Gulbis v F.Lopez - 3pts F.Lopez @ 2/1 365 Well after watching Gulbis yesterday I'm going to oppose him today due to the amount of unforced errors he made, it really was shocking. If Lopez can play his best I feel he'll take advantage, some value in the price.

Re: Tennis: 26th April - 2 May

The 17.5 games line is looking pretty low in hindsight. Just never know with Wawrinka.
Agree, I was teased on over 17.5 games at 1.9 for a long time, before I told myself to look at Wawrinka's inconsistency...

Re: Tennis: 26th April - 2 May Unlucky on Wawrinka burf, played a good set but faltered when it mattered. Pity Soderling didn't get through yesterday, I would have liked to see him play Rafa again. As for Gulbis, my worry would be whether Lopez can force the error's which Volandri did. Volandri played his best match in a long time on the tour, fighting and keeping it in play...I wonder if Lopez can do this. Benefit Lopez has over Volandri is a big serve(when it's 'on') but his back-hand is weaker than Gulbis'. If he can serve well and frustrate him with the slice he might have a chance. My gut says Gulbis to win but no bet for me after his display yesterday. Good luck to all backing Lopez though, hopefully he does it.:hope

Yep agreed on Gulbis mate. I'm interested to see the odds for Verdasco vs Ferrer tomorrow...last week Ferrer was favourite as everyone thought Verdasco was gonna tire out but he didn't. Guy is a machine. But surely the amount of matches he has played recently will catch up with him at some point.........Ferrer is the last player you want to face if you are not 100%. The match is still firmly on Verdasco's racquet but he might be worth opposing. I'm guessing Ferrer might be priced at around 2.1-2.2 which could be worth a go. Value if any bigger than this IMO.
At Paddy Power Ferrer is 4/6 and Verdasco is 11/10.......:eek Bookies are smart.

Sport Tennis
Event Kyu Tae Im - Go Soeda
Selection 2
Strength 10/10
Date 30/04/2010
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.44 (Back)
Reasoning Challenger Manta - It's semi-final time, and I think that Go Soeda (189th, 244 points) will have enough to overcome Kyu Tae Im (269th, 166 points). Soeda holds a 2-1 head-2-head advantage, all three victories coming on hardcourt surfaces. Go Soeda's on the better form and for me, will win here. I hope Go Soeda will win. Good luck!

Sport Tennis
Event Sam Stosur v Anna Lapushchenkova
Selection Sam Stosur -5.5 games
Strength 10/10
Date 01/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 1.90 (Back)
Reasoning Stosur has carried on her great form from Charleston and is looking strong here. Had 1 dodgy set earlier in the week but apart from that has looked good. Her game is huge and I think it will be tough for Lapush to cope. I saw Lapush for the first time yesterday, she's very decent and looks better than her ranking. But after qualifying, big wins for her against Azarenaka and Safarova, premier event semi and coming from evening session to afternoon, I think this is a tough spot for her. Expect a bit of a fight in the first set but Stosur should run away with this and cover the handicap.
Sport Tennis
Event Justine Henin v Shahar Peer
Selection Shahar Peer +5.5 games
Strength 10/10
Date 01/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.83 (Back)
Reasoning Like the look of this handicap. Henin is playing well, but still having some wobbles and I think this will be pretty close. Looking in terms of games, she's beaten Goerges by 6, Wickmayer by 5 and Jankovic by 1. Peer is more than capable of getting within 6 here and I'd have this handicap at +4.5. Peer seems to be playing well, at the start of the week I wasn't sure about her against decent players on clay, but she beat Radwanska then Safina which is pretty good. Probably won't win, but can keep it close enough to cover +5.5.

Re: Tennis: 26th April - 2 May Nadal vs Gulbis UNDER 18.5 games @ 4/6 (Paddy Power : 5/10) Just cannot see Gulbis winning more than 6 games here....6-3 6-3 is a pretty respectable result I'd say. Nadal is not playing quite as well in Rome as he did in Monte Carlo but still too strong for the field. Hanescu put in a great effort but couldn't do anything, and likewise Wawrinka who was excellent first set but couldn't maintain that level. Gulbis has beaten Baghdatis, Federer, Volandri and Lopez....excellent week for him without playing great stuff. On fast surface he could trouble Nadal but on clay he just doesn';t have the patience from the baseline to hurt him...not stable enough.Rafa should take this in 2. Peer to win OVER 7.5 games versus Henin @ 4/5 (Paddy Power : 5/10) I think Henin is still finding her best level on clay...when on she's the best on this surface but not there yet IMO.She lost to Kanepi at the weekend in the Fed Cup on clay.....beat Georges and Wickmayer in straights here with some troubles...and then Jankovic in 3 yesterday. Didn't think she was serving great and there were quite a few errors from her. Peer is similar to Jankovic in that she can get alot of balls back so I think she can hang with Henin for part of this match.She's having a great week beating Hercog, Radwanska and Safina....excellent results for her. Think she can cover the line today. GL!

Sport Tennis
Event David Ferrer v Fernando Verdasco
Selection David Ferrer
Strength 10/10
Date 01/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 1.82 (Back)
Reasoning Surely it's time for verdasco to take a loss. He's looked tired all week and going 3 and a half hours against Djokovic is surely going to hurt. He beat Ferrer last week when Ferrer fell apart, but I think a reverse is very likely here. Ferrer to me has looked excellent this week. Particularly against Murray and Tsonga, he's moving incredibly and hitting his forehand like a dream. Verdasco might be able to keep this close for a while, but I really like Ferrer to come through.

Sport Tennis
Event David Ferrer v Fernando Verdasco
Selection David Ferrer
Strength 10/10
Date 01/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 1.82 (Back)
Reasoning Surely it's time for verdasco to take a loss. He's looked tired all week and going 3 and a half hours against Djokovic is surely going to hurt. He beat Ferrer last week when Ferrer fell apart, but I think a reverse is very likely here. Ferrer to me has looked excellent this week. Particularly against Murray and Tsonga, he's moving incredibly and hitting his forehand like a dream. Verdasco might be able to keep this close for a while, but I really like Ferrer to come through.

Sport Tennis
Event Justine Henin - Shahar Peer
Selection Justine Henin (-1.5 sets)
Strength 10/10
Date 01/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 1.50 (Back)
Reasoning WTA Stuttgart - Justine Henin (24th, 2100 points) survived a minor scare against Jelena Jankovic yesterday as she dropped the first set to the Serb, and will be looking to up here game in the semi-finals against Shahar Peer (20th, 2380 points) who crushed Dinara Safina in the last round. Peer has been playing very well in the tournament, but Henin is just so dominant on clay and she hasn't even hit her top gear yet. I think Justine Henin will get a tough game out of Shahar Peer today. I hope Justine Henin wins in straight sets. Good luck!

Sport Tennis
Event Igor Sijsling - Rainer Schuettler
Selection Rainer Schuettler
Strength 10/10
Date 01/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.40 (Back)
Reasoning Challenger Rhodes - Rainer Schuettler (85th, 611 points) has demolished his last two opponents to reach the semi-finals, where he faces Igor Sijsling (162nd, 298 points) who defeated Nicolas Mahut in a thrilling three-set match in the quarter-finals. Both have been playing great tennis recently, with Schuettler reaching the final of Challenger Athens, and Sijsling reaching the semi-finals of Challenger Jersey. I think Schuettler has the edge here. I hope Rainer Schuettler will win. Good luck!

Sport Tennis
Event Federico Gil - Daniel Brands
Selection Daniel Brands
Strength 10/10
Date 01/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.67 (Back)
Reasoning Challenger Tunis - Daniel Brands (89th, 592 points) holds a 1-0 head-2-head lead over Federico Gil (127th, 402 points) with the win coming in straight sets on red clay in Poland last year. Both players endured tough three set mathces in the last round, but I think Brands has the slight edge in quality here. I hope Daniel Brands will win. Good luck!

Sport Tennis
Event Iveta Benesova - Simona Halep
Selection Iveta Benesova (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 01/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betdaq @ 2.76 (Lay)
Reasoning WTA Fes - Simona Halep (144th, 426 points) has looked very impressive in her return to action with good showings on clay in Marbella to show that she still has something left in the tank. She plays against Iveta Benesova (67th, 965 points) who defeated Alize Cornet to reach the finals in three sets. I think Halep has the edge in class, and has faced the easier matches over the course of the week. I hope Iveta Benesova will not win. Good luck!

Sport Tennis
Event Ernests Gulbis - Rafael Nadal
Selection Rafael Nadal (-1.5 Sets)
Strength 10/10
Date 01/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 1.15 (Back)
Reasoning ATP Rome - Rafael Nadal (3rd, 6480 points) has proven everybody that he's still the king of clay with impressive tournament runs in Monte Carlo and here in Rome, where he's looked untouchable at times. He faces Roger Federer's conquerer, Ernests Gulbis (40th, 1009 points) who has been very inconsitent in this tournament, producing some exceptional tennis against Feliciano Lopez in the second set, and some dreadful tennis against Filippo Volandri throughout the match. He will not be allowed to do those kind of mistakes against Rafa, who'll punish every error here. I hope Rafael Nadal wins in straight sets. Good luck!

Re: Tennis: 26th April - 2 May Gulbis was amazing for large part of the game i think he gave lessons to all players how can somebody may beat nadal or any other; with agressive game agressive game is the answer to this surface, as it is ofcource on any other pathetic defensive game is over imo, nadal was pathetic, but he survived coz of his experience, and coz of his lionheart on this surface Gulbis pushed him till hell, would win for sure

Sport Tennis
Event Rafael Nadal v David Ferrer
Selection Under 19.5 games
Strength 10/10
Date 02/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 1.83 (Back)
Reasoning Trying the Nadal under again. He was quite poor yesterday, but Gulbis was excellent and I underestimated the level will produce. Now in the final, against a more familiar opponent, expect Nadal to be back in crush mode. Ferrer is playing great, but doesn't quite have the size of game to really hurt Nadal. Last meeting in Monte Carlo was 6-3 6-2 and I can't really see it being closer. Ferrer said yesterday he was nervous early on against Verdasco, and if he plays like he did early on in that match he'll struggle to get anything.

Re: Tennis: 26th April - 2 May Henin - Stosur Henin is the number one favorite for Roland Garros. On clay court no wta player can beat henin at the moment. In this match i don't think stosur has any chance. Stosur needs good 2 nd serves also she must come to net more often especially against henin . If she doesn't come to net , henin will make a good defence against Stosur's forehand and stosur will make a lot of unforced errors. This a clear 2-0 match for henin. But odds of under is more valuable. under 20.5 games @2.02 ( 188 bet ) Strenght : 10 /10