** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Sandown Friday 23rd April

1.10 Invincible soul won a newmarket maiden last season which was well franked by Fair trades win last week. This race looks an open affair with no real favourite to look at. Off a 1st hacp of 84 and with Ryan in the saddle, Invincible Soul can continue Hannons recent good form.

Re: Sandown Friday 23rd April No Hubris 2.55 Sandown My thoughts from last years flat season on this horse:

Impressive at York on debut, well backed, forged clear. 6th in Coventry behind impressive Canford Cliffs, tried to go pace with winner and faded. Entered in 2010 Derby, can win before then.
I was with Kevshat during the Dante meeting and this horse looked fantastic in the parade ring. The major annoyance about York is the distance from parade ring to betting ring. It was 6-1 when we left the parade ring and 7-2/3-1 when we got to the betting ring. I really fancied this horse but didn't back it due to the price. It was really impressive on the day and absolutely dotted up, just pulling clear of the field. It will definitely come on for this run as it has been off track for 311 days and might be one to follow throughout the season, looks like it might go off favourite tomorrow and the price will influence if I back it now or leave it and back it in a better race at a better price somewhere down the line. The York race was a class 3 maiden but I immediately said Listed/Group winner in the future. Entered for the Derby but sire has a stamina index of 6.6 so the 1m trip today may be better suited.

Re: Sandown Friday 23rd April 3.55 Verdant could turn into a decent horse for the stoute stable in time to come. I wrote down to follow Stoute 3yo's in handicaps and this will be the 1st. Conduit was 3rd in this race 2 years ago. Could be thrown in off a mark of 80.

Re: Sandown Friday 23rd April 15:55 Sandown I backed Jutland seven days ago when he was very unlucky at Thirsk over a mile. Was only beaten a head by the gambled on favourite whilst the rest of the field was 6 lengths away. Gets in off the same mark today so must hold very strong claims as I believe he is well ahead of his current mark. My only concern is that there are a lot of less exposed types in the field. Step up in trip again is sure to suit. Ran well on Good ground last week and has won in GF ground so the ground conditions will also suit. Really expect him to run a solid race. 1pt E/W Jutland @ SP Will Porbably take a price in the morning.

Re: Sandown Friday 23rd April 13.30 Sandown Raines Cross is 1 of only 3 to have won over todays trip and for me has the pick of the form, after winning a maiden he went off the boil before finishing the season with a win and a 2nd behind a French G3 winning horse from the Godolphin yard. Has to saddle top weight but at the 11's available at bet 365 looks e/w value. 0.5pts E/W @ 11/1 bet365 (bog)

Re: Sandown Friday 23rd April 14:55 - Sowaylm LAY @ 3.35 Betfair Godolphin could take a while to get going again so I am willing to take Frankie's mount on, looks pretty much a four runner race with Johnston's likely to take them along. Sowaylm won well on debut even if it wasn't straight forward, he doesn't hold as strong as form as the others but hard to judge on one run, I quite like No Hubris for Jamie Spencer who finsihed around 8 lengths behind Canford Cliffs LTO. As the favourite, Sowaylm is a lay for me.

Re: Sandown Friday 23rd April 15:55 Sandown Speculative bet here today, but I do think that Meglio Ancora is a huge price for the Portman yard. Bought very cheaply but won FTO over 6f, showing great spirit in beating the now 90 rated Alrasm. Connections then put this one in the Chesham and that was obviously a step too far. LTO was hampered and seemed to lose his action soon after, so perhaps we can ignore those two runs. Does have stamina to prove, but related to lots of jumps winners and dam's sister was winner at 2m. Up against it but I still is a value selection. Dane O'Neill will give him a good ride. 0.25pt EW @ 50/1 Bet365 BOG

Re: Sandown Friday 23rd April 3.55 Sandown STREET ENTERTAINER - potentially well handicapped having been raised just 1 lb for maiden win at Lingfield last time out. In terms of breeding and based upon his Lingfield effort over an inadequate mile, I think he could make up to be a bit more useful than that. Big price with the yard bang in form - 4-11 in the last fortnight. 14/1 VC Bet, 0.75 pt EW.

Re: Sandown Friday 23rd April 1.10 - Huygens - 7/2bog (Bet365) Form and fitness look to be the key to this race here, with just 3 of the 8 runners having had a recent run. Huygens is one of those, and holds another of them, Duellist, on his lto win at Kempton over this distance. That was a very taking performance to my eye, showing a very smart turn of foot to put the race to bed inside the distance. Up in the weights and in grade today, but fitness os proven, as I say, and natural progression would see him improve further this afternoon. It will take one of the seasonal debutants to be pretty smart to lower his colours. 1.45 - Bikini Babe - ew 8/1bog (Bet365) Like the previous race, my eye is taken by a horse who has already raced this season. In this instance, Bikini Babe is the only one of the field to have done so. Twice raced in Dubai she signed off with a nice 2nd place finish in the UAE Oaks, showing the 10f trip is no problem to her. The Arab owned horses at the head of the market ensure the price for the selection is a little longer than I think it should be. 3.25 - Ship's Biscuit - ew 9/2bog (Bet365) The market indicates a big performance is expected fto this season from Fatanah, and whilst that may well be the case I expect a similar performance from Moore's chosen horse Ship's Biscuit. Highly encouraging debut performance when just behind Fantastic Ceux at Kempton, this Oaks entry didn't get the hang of things until late on there, and finished with some considerable promise. I fancy her to confirm that promise today, and go very close at what has become a good price thanks to the move on the favourite 3.55 - Jutland - ew 6/1bog (VCBet) Put up a career best on seasonal debut lto when comfortably beating all bar the well touted favourite Dolphin Rock. Due to go up 6lbs from tomorrow on the back of that performance, connections will be hoping that he gets a jump on the handicapper with a win in a race with many potential dangers today.

Re: Sandown Friday 23rd April

15:55 Sandown I backed Jutland seven days ago when he was very unlucky at Thirsk over a mile. Was only beaten a head by the gambled on favourite whilst the rest of the field was 6 lengths away. Gets in off the same mark today so must hold very strong claims as I believe he is well ahead of his current mark. My only concern is that there are a lot of less exposed types in the field. Step up in trip again is sure to suit. Ran well on Good ground last week and has won in GF ground so the ground conditions will also suit. Really expect him to run a solid race. 1pt E/W Jutland @ SP Will Porbably take a price in the morning.
Taken 6/1 @ VC Bet (BOG) for Jutland :ok

Re: Sandown Friday 23rd April Not very keen on this early start with the feature race at 1.45......... That's dinnertime ! 1.45 Azmeer - win This one looked a bit special on it's first couple of runs before flopping when favourite for one of those trillion pound sales races in ireland. They say you should never make excuses for beaten horses but maybe it was the travel, maybe it was the big field, maybe it was the Irish ground, who knows ! Give him a chance to make amends today, he's a course winner and the ground is fine Chabal might be better with cut in the ground and has joined Godolphin. Last year that would have been the kiss of death in early season, but they seem to be making a better start this year Waseet - can't find much wrong with him, except that (despite Elusive Pimpernel last week ) I still think Dunlop's horses usually need a run Circumvent has the group 3 form in the book, but carries a penalty as a result. Might also be better on softer ground Bikini Babe - could make a case for this one with the fillies allowance and potentially making all in a small field, but I don't think she's good enough Azmeer looks the safest bet !

No Hubris 2.55 Sandown My thoughts from last years flat season on this horse: I was with Kevshat during the Dante meeting and this horse looked fantastic in the parade ring. The major annoyance about York is the distance from parade ring to betting ring. It was 6-1 when we left the parade ring and 7-2/3-1 when we got to the betting ring. I really fancied this horse but didn't back it due to the price. It was really impressive on the day and absolutely dotted up, just pulling clear of the field. It will definitely come on for this run as it has been off track for 311 days and might be one to follow throughout the season, looks like it might go off favourite tomorrow and the price will influence if I back it now or leave it and back it in a better race at a better price somewhere down the line. The York race was a class 3 maiden but I immediately said Listed/Group winner in the future. Entered for the Derby but sire has a stamina index of 6.6 so the 1m trip today may be better suited.
The long term paddock-watching session pays off. Got first run on the favourite and held on well. Good call..!

No Hubris 2.55 Sandown My thoughts from last years flat season on this horse: I was with Kevshat during the Dante meeting and this horse looked fantastic in the parade ring. The major annoyance about York is the distance from parade ring to betting ring. It was 6-1 when we left the parade ring and 7-2/3-1 when we got to the betting ring. I really fancied this horse but didn't back it due to the price. It was really impressive on the day and absolutely dotted up, just pulling clear of the field. It will definitely come on for this run as it has been off track for 311 days and might be one to follow throughout the season, looks like it might go off favourite tomorrow and the price will influence if I back it now or leave it and back it in a better race at a better price somewhere down the line. The York race was a class 3 maiden but I immediately said Listed/Group winner in the future. Entered for the Derby but sire has a stamina index of 6.6 so the 1m trip today may be better suited.
The long term paddock-watching session pays off. Got first run on the favourite and held on well. Good call..!
Nice winner mowgli :clap
Cheers. I don't have RUK any more so called in my local Tote to back it and watch the race because "live" coverage via Bet365 has been awful for me lately, really slow and jumpy. I stuck a bet on it via Bet365 too but I couldn't resist having some cash on after going to Epsom. I got in the bookies at 2.45pm, stuck £30 on it at 10/3, watched it win and left the bookies at 3pm with £130. I can't believe how quiet it was and how depressing these places are, full of numpties. There were 6 people in there, one is retarded and does not bet, seriously, his sister drops him off there at 10am and picks him up after the last race, he is Bradfords own Forrest Gump. One was a woman that stunk of booze and was betting 50p ew on the wrong horse, she saw 7-1 on her horse but backed horse 7 by accident, that's her excuse anyway and she's sticking to it. :$ 2 were sat down reading the post and 2 were on the electronic roulette machines. There was live racing on one screen, live snooker on a screen and Sky Sports News on in the corner. I like to see my accounts balances increased online but nothing better than getting the cash in your hand and made sure I did not stick around to pilfer away all my winnings on races I had no opinion of. Learnt that mistake from experience. I thought Frankie was coming back at my horse at the end but Mr Spencer held on to do me proud. I was the only one cheering Spencer on, the muppets were on Dettori. One bloke said he thought No Hubris would have been better as a sprinter, clearly hasn't seen the Derby Entry. Just because it debuted over 6f does not mean it will always race over that distance. :wall Not sure it will get a 1m4f trip either but picked up well enough on good ground and was later off the bridle than most of its rivals today, well done Jamie Spencer, got his timing right for once. :) Keep an eye on this No Hubris but also on the Godolphin horse it beat, both could be pretty decent, the Godolphin one might need some cut. :ok

Re: Sandown Friday 23rd April well done Phil, nice winner I chucked one in also, which was a great price :ok verdant 9/2

3.55 Verdant could turn into a decent horse for the stoute stable in time to come. I wrote down to follow Stoute 3yo's in handicaps and this will be the 1st. Conduit was 3rd in this race 2 years ago. Could be thrown in off a mark of 80.

well done Phil, nice winner I chucked one in also, which was a great price :ok verdant 9/2
Just on RP results page now funnily enough - Stoute/Moore wasn't it. Nice price with that one. :ok Just reading also that it has a Dante entry so I might get to see it next month. Did it look like a possible Dante winner?

14:55 - Sowaylm LAY @ 3.35 Betfair Godolphin could take a while to get going again so I am willing to take Frankie's mount on, looks pretty much a four runner race with Johnston's likely to take them along. Sowaylm won well on debut even if it wasn't straight forward, he doesn't hold as strong as form as the others but hard to judge on one run, I quite like No Hubris for Jamie Spencer who finsihed around 8 lengths behind Canford Cliffs LTO. As the favourite, Sowaylm is a lay for me.
Missed this too - well done on the lay bet and quite rightly No Hubris won the race. :ok

Just on RP results page now funnily enough - Stoute/Moore wasn't it. Nice price with that one. :ok Just reading also that it has a Dante entry so I might get to see it next month. Did it look like a possible Dante winner?
havent seen it phil, just following some of stoute's this year, his others got beat so this one went out in the betting from an early 7/2 to 9/2! Only won 1/2L