6-max Cash Games

deadlydaveLDN

It's time for me to start another (possibly soon to be abandoned) challenge. After some good recent tournament results, my Full Tilt bankroll is hovering just over the $5k mark. As much as I enjoy tournament success, to grind tournament's long term takes ridiculous dedication, and can take over your life a little. Heads-up cash is another option, but I get fed up with getting sat out on after 6 hands just because I'm not a complete fish. Therefore, I'm going back to the 6-max cash games to see if I can make a success out of this. On my previous challenge (which obviously, like all my others, didn't last long) I set a target of hitting a $250k bankroll. That will remain the long-term goal. But, as Nade has done in his fascinating thread, I will be targetting much shorter term goals also. Hopefully this will keep me a lot more focused. Challenge 1 : Play 15,000 hands of $1/$2 NLHE 6-max (4-tabling) by the end of April I'm not going to be setting a profit target, but I will try to remember to update my progress after every 1000 hands, and hopefully I won't be losing money :lol

Re: 6-max Cash Games

what happened with the HU though was hopeful you'd really make a go at the 250k.
Started badly/lost interest. I think with HU more than any other form of poker, that if you are not in the right frame of mind things are going to go badly wrong. That was the case at the start of that challenge, and I've not really got the interest/motivation to play that right now. From the little 6-max I've played recently, I've found it very interesting, there seem to be more than enough fish around to make it profitable (more than I expected at these stakes), and by starting at meaningful stakes I'm pretty motivated to play a lot right now.