Return of the beaten favourites

Re: Return of the beaten favourites Right. If you can get a decent early price matched, go for it. If you want to take the sp then use the multiples facility to do this. Minimum bet on the multiples market is £2 (minimum 2 selections) and you don't pay commission if it wins. Drawn Gold had apprentice jockeys in his previous 3 outings. This time switched to the professional, Probert :clap

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 77 - 30/6/10 Catterick 4:00 Avitus +1 Chepstow 9:10 Carter +1 Kempton 6:20 La Fortunata 7:50 Helaku +1 8:50 Highland Legacy +2 Perth 3:50 Harry Flashman Worcester 4:10 Now This Is It +4 Stopped listing the high performer trainers for now. The improving ground may favour our selections if they ran recently :ok

Re: Return of the beaten favourites

Day 76 - 29/6/10 Brighton 4:00 Mini Max 4:30 Dualagi Hamilton 3:35 Gritstone 1st @ 2.0 Stratford 7:40 Pilgrims Lane +3 3rd Thirsk 6:30 Tillietudlem (Apprentice race) 1st @ 2.08 7:30 Fantastic Strike 8:00 Redwater River +2
The old first race and apprentice race does the trick again :lol

Day 77 - 30/6/10 Catterick 4:00 Avitus +1 3rd Chepstow 9:10 Carter +1 Kempton 6:20 La Fortunata 2nd 7:50 Helaku +1 NR 8:50 Highland Legacy +2 Perth 3:50 Harry Flashman 2nd Worcester 4:10 Now This Is It +4 1st @ 2.8 Stopped listing the high performer trainers for now. The improving ground may favour our selections if they ran recently :ok
Potential, potential

Re: Return of the beaten favourites Under 50 off the 5k views now. Stunned, but the proof is in the system! No winners or even placed today :\ although 3 system NRs mean that just 4 from the 7 ran, and 2 of those started as favs. :hope for a good one in the next day or two!

Re: Return of the beaten favourites Hi Jay, Well done with the thread. An observation or three! 1 You can edit your posts so as you have made quite a few changes to the system since inception why dont you edit post 1 to provide the updated rules/criteria? I was confused reading it as Franklyn (above post) also appears to be. 2 Have you looked at age as in my systems I exclude a lot of older horses who are less consistant as a rule. I find flat/aw 3-5, hurdles 4-8 and chasers 5-9 to be the best age groups. 3 Do your results allow for betfair commission on all winning bets? it's fairly standard on PL to use the highest rate of deduction namely 5%. This is applied to every bet with a return of course, the way betfair itself operates and not just the net profit on the day/week etc. Good Luck with future selections. Dave

Re: Return of the beaten favourites Thanks for the comments and interest in the system. Over the weekend I will update the first post with the rules as they are now. The only problem I have with introducing an age filter is that a big price may be missed. Perhaps the way to do it would be to vary stakes, but I want to keep it simple.

Re: Return of the beaten favourites 2/7/10 - A rundown of the rules: - Maidens are not included (although a few may have slipped through the net) - Most Novice races are not included (80% of the field must have an OR) - Hunter Chases are not included - If a selection is Green, it means same distance or less - If a selection is Red, it means the distance is increasing from LTO. The + indicates how many furlongs. - A selection is considered Neutral if it has not ran in the last 100 days. I personally don't like backing these if they are favs once again (especially short favs) but am unsure as to whether simply not backing them at all compared to laying them/backing another selection will prove more profitable. For the purpose of the system (for now) all selections will be to back.

Day 79 - 2/7/10 Beverley 9:00 Darcy's Pride Doncaster 5:15 Poppy's Rose Haydock 8:15 Escape Artist +2 9:20 Hulcote Rose Sandown 4:00 Laudatory 4:35 Verdant 1st @ 1.86 Warwick 3:10 Comptonspirit 1st @ 4.58
First race of the day does it. AGAIN!

Re: Return of the beaten favourites Day 80 - 3/7/10 Beverley 3:15 Amethyst Dawn Carlisle 6:55 Dark Moment (Apprentice race) Haydock 2:15 Berling 3:25 Almiqdaad +1 4:35 Global City 5:10 Hazlerigg Leicester 3:00 Bakongo 4:45 Pherousa Nottingham 6:10 Aragall (Amateur race) +1 8:10 Hawaana 8:40 Mushreq +2 9:10 Crocodile Bay Sandown 3:40 Lady Darshaan 4:15 Samuel 4:50 Eton Forever

Day 80 - 3/7/10 Beverley 3:15 Amethyst Dawn 3rd Carlisle 6:55 Dark Moment (Apprentice race) 2nd Haydock 2:15 Berling 3:25 Almiqdaad +1 4:35 Global City 5:10 Hazlerigg 1st @ 3.0 Leicester 3:00 Bakongo NR 4:45 Pherousa 2nd Nottingham 6:10 Aragall (Amateur race) +1 1st @ 2.17 8:10 Hawaana 2nd 8:40 Mushreq +2 1st @ 4.95 9:10 Crocodile Bay Sandown 3:40 Lady Darshaan 4:15 Samuel 4:50 Eton Forever
Late results to follow...

Re: Return of the beaten favourites Day 82 - 5/7/10 Bath 4:30 Golden Rock 5:00 Rainbow Six Newton Abbott 3:45 Beehawk (11yo) 4:15 Zafar +3 4:45 Post It 5:15 Watergate Windsor 6:40 Dr Hilary (Apprentice race) NR By day 100 I'll be looking at possibly not including selections that are 10yrs or older. I did notice earlier in the thread that they weren't providing winners and we'll follow through on that now. Rubbish results! Maybe it's the going?

Day 83 - 6/7/10 Pontefract 4:00 Off Chance (14 runs in total, 4 wins, Fentiman jockeyed all, including this) 1st @ 9.47 (Matched at 12.14) Southwell 8:10 Chain Of Office 8:40 Benozzo Gozzoli 3rd (Win matched @ 14.55, traded out for profit @ 6.8 before the race) Uttoxeter 8:20 Misamon Wolverhampton 2:45 Cavitie 2nd
A decent day