** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Return of the beaten favourites

Re: Return of the beaten favourites

Sat 8/5/10 Haydock 2:00 Mia's Boy 2nd 3:00 Viking Blonde 4:45 Redford 2nd 5:20 Lady Lauchmhar 3rd Lingfield 2:10 Reggane 4:55 Cassiano 5:30 Rubenstar NR Nottingham 2:25 Sworn Tigress +2 4:05 Royal Straight 1st @ 3.26 5:15 We'll Deal Again NR 5:45 D'artagnans Dream NR Thirsk 6:05 Lord Fidelio 6:35 Mr Wolf 7:05 Destiny's Dream 1st @ 3.7 Warwick 5:50 Bollywood Style 4th
12 runners, 6 in placed positions = 50% :)

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sun 9th May Plumpton 4:10 Perfect Reward NR 5:10 The Hardy Boy NR Uttoxeter 3:00 Tisfreetdream 1st @ 2.53 4:00 Nono Le Sage 1st @ 6.8 Worcester 2:50 Benefit Game 3:50 Alazan 3rd 4:20 Good Company +3
60% placed today. Greens are good. Nice few days for the placed sr. Long may it continue!

Re: Return of the beaten favourites Tues 11 May Beverley 3:00 Noodles Blue Boy 3:30 Leader of the Land +2 Southwell 6:20 Katy's Secret 6:50 Castle Myth 7:50 Major Phil Warwick 3:10 Riflessione Yarmouth 4:20 Sharp Sovereign Selection notes: Castle Myth has had the shortest rest period in the 6:50. Since highlighting this fact began, it has had a 100% place strike rate.

Tues 11 May Beverley 3:00 Noodles Blue Boy 1st @ 9.86 3:30 Leader of the Land +2 1st @ 4.1 Southwell 6:20 Katy's Secret 1st @ 3.41 6:50 Castle Myth 3rd 7:50 Major Phil 3rd Warwick 3:10 Riflessione Yarmouth 4:20 Sharp Sovereign 1st @ 4.9 Selection notes: Castle Myth has had the shortest rest period in the 6:50. Since highlighting this fact began, it has had a 100% place strike rate.
:clap WHAT A DAY!

Re: Return of the beaten favourites Weds 12th May Bath 7:30 Fault +1 Exeter 2:20 Regain Du Charbonneau Fontwell 1:55 Space Cowboy +2 3:00 Montana Gold +2 Perth 6:20 Night Knight 7:20 Golan Guy York 3:45 The Fonz +2 Selection notes: Space Cowboy has had the shortest rest period in the 1:55, although is a 10 year old and no selection of that age has yet won. Therefore I shall not not be including it in this statistic.

Weds 12th May Bath 7:30 Fault +1 Exeter 2:20 Regain Du Charbonneau Fontwell 1:55 Space Cowboy +2 2nd 3:00 Montana Gold +2 1st @ 3.45 Perth 6:20 Night Knight 7:20 Golan Guy York 3:45 The Fonz +2 2nd Selection notes: Space Cowboy has had the shortest rest period in the 1:55, although is a 10 year old and no selection of that age has yet won. Therefore I shall not not be including it in this statistic.
Finished

Re: Return of the beaten favourites Day 29 - 13.5.10 Newmarket 7:25 Cygnet Perth 4:35 Posh Bird York 3:10 Extraterrestrial Selection notes: If Posh Bird is not declared a NR, she would have had 1 day's rest. Extraterrestrial has had the shortest rest period in the 3:10, however, is against Rainbow Peak (111-), who at 201 days rest, is trained by M A Jarvis. Slim pickings!

Re: Return of the beaten favourites Another month, for sure! I'm thinking that the high number of horses changing from the AW to turf may have affected results somewhat? The number of weekly selections is very interesting: 56, 51, 60 and 50. I certainly don't pick and choose the races. Maidens, Hunter's Chases and those races with little statistics available, such as Novice and NH are the only exclusions. As are races with only a few runners. In terms of the number of winners, this week was the highest, but we need to increase the ratio of winners by reducing selections. Any ideas?

Re: Return of the beaten favourites No, I haven't ran it through there as although you can specify selecting beaten favourites, to my knowledge you can't limit it to races where there is just one BF running. ---------------------------------------------------- There was just one horse from the 3 selections that ran today. It did not finish in the placings.

Day 30 - 14/5/10 Aintree 5:30 Last Of The Bunch Hamilton 6:50 Murura +1 (up from 5f) Newbury 4:35 If I Were A Boy 5:10 Charlie Smirke 5:40 Beauchamp Xiara Newmarket 3:00 Cockney Class 1st @ 6.00
For the next 26 days (I'll include yesterday results, too) I will provide a daily update of the banking situtaion for WIN only. 1/7 selections -1pt

Re: Return of the beaten favourites Day 31 15.5.10 Newbury 3:05 Stimulation Newmarket 1:45 Rubenstar 3:25 Judgethemoment Thirsk 3:15 Take My Hand 3:50 Charlie Cool 5:00 Jaconet 5:30 Stolt Selection notes: Judgethemoment has had the shortest rest period in the 3:25

Re: Return of the beaten favourites Dices you are an absolute diamond! I always knew that in order to produce a profit, you'd need to be selective with these selections, and the above lends further evidence to that. Let's keep things as they are for now and if things haven't improved by day 49 update, we'll discard the neutral selection - to win at least. Same goes for green placed. It was always my view that greens would produce the most profit and it's nice to see that that has been proved correct. Thanks once again, Dices.

Day 31 15.5.10 Newbury 3:05 Stimulation Newmarket 1:45 Rubenstar 3:25 Judgethemoment Thirsk 3:15 Take My Hand 3:50 Charlie Cool 1st @ 6.0 5:00 Jaconet 5:30 Stolt Selection notes: Judgethemoment has had the shortest rest period in the 3:25
Judge messes the sideline stat right up! Just the one winner, not even any places! 2/14 -2.5pts (5% deduction applied)

Re: Return of the beaten favourites Hey recently just actually joined this forum but have been looking at posts etc and really interested in your Beaten favourite system.First saw it on flatstats website and thought it looked interesting and then saw your topic and does bring some good winners as most are underbet next time out.I was just what filters you use to narrow down your selectons? Just been paper trailing by naming those 5th or better lto,not making seasonal debut and distance lto is there anything you would advise other than that? I noticed you don't do Maidens but any particular reason? Sorry for all the questions,thanks in advance if you have time to reply:ok

Re: Return of the beaten favourites I'm not using any filters, kev. There's not any particular reason I'm not including maidens - if I was at gunpoint and was forced to answer the question, however, I'd say it's the unpredictability of the races. The same goes for hunter chases. Any other questions, please ask.

Day 33 - 17/5/10 Bath 3:30 - Kyllachy Storm 3rd Leicester 6:00 - Call To Arms +1 Newton Abbott 4:20 - Perfect Reward +2 NR Windsor 7:40 - Nepotism Wolverhampton 3:40 - Dimaire 3rd 5:10 - Woolston Ferry
Disappointing that today never delivered a winner!

Re: Return of the beaten favourites Day 34 - 18/5/10 Brighton 2:20 Mambo Spirit 3:20 Greystoke Prince 4:20 Decency Carlisle 7:30 Dream Of Olwyn Musselburgh 3:40 Jonny Lesters Hair 4:40 Fasilyanne Nottingham 3:30 Court Princess 4:00 Wulfrida +2 5:00 Silent Majority