** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Europa League 1st of April

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa League 1st of April where's your flag JJ?

Liverpool score from a freekick which came about thanks to a dive from guess who? The man who never ever cheats.... Steven Gerrard. How long will this fcuking moron continue to get away with his blatant cheating? A scumbag of the highest order.

Re: UEFA Europa League 1st of April

should be 2 nil to Liverpool - Torres disallowed goal was a joke' date=' Kuyt was onside when the freekick was taken![/quote'] hardly a joke, kuyt had his head sticking over the line and theres a gang of players, he was probably marginally on, not far wrong at all.

Re: UEFA Europa League 1st of April btw 2-0 to fulham, zamora and duff the scorers, wats wrogn with the stupid valencia game... athletico have got a 19yr old as their keeper in goal...still no goals... jus as i mention it athletico leadin now 0-1

anyone watching this on the five' date=' the commentary is hilarious, they give the ref jib every time he makes a decision against liverpool, have failed to mention that insua shouldnt be on the pitch.[/quote'] yea i am, well they obviously r supporting the english side, seeing how its a british channel... cant be helped, glad benfica made the comeback... 2-2 valencia, common one more valencia for the clean sweep :) DAMN! im pissed i didnt put a quadruple on both teams to score on all the games :( just checked, i did back it :nana:nana:nana:nana:nana

Not overly excited by Benfica's chances of a win against Liverpool. Benfica are a decent side' date= but, for me, aren't the kind of outfit that can be relied upon when the stakes are high, their disappointing performance in their last home Europa game, against Marseille, an indication of this. The Reds have turned a corner, the last fortnight, since they beat Portsmouth, but the only away performance was at Man United, so it's yet to be seen how much of an improvement we'll see away from Anfield. Personally, don't envisage there being such a dramatic upturn that they'll go to Benfica and win, which is why my pick'd be Benfica Double Chance @ 1.83 (Bet365), odds you'll get, providing you double Benfica up with: Fulham @ 2.20. The cottagers, it seems, have probably been waiting for this match since they beat Juventus in the last round, indicated by three straight domestic defeats. I feel they'll come out firing for this one, and with wins over Shaktar and the Old Lady in previous rounds, see no reason they can't overcome the former German Champs.
Woop. Looks like Benfica played quite well, though I'm abit surprised they won. I suppose the sending off probably assisted in that.

Ladbrokes are offering Benfica (0) AH at 1.78. Can't ignore these odds really, Benfica being 11-1-0 at home in the league, while Liverpool haven't won away in 2010. Lost 1-0 away to Lille, which I rate lower than Benfica, while Benfica have already beaten everton 5-0 at home. I am a safe better, if that's not an oxymoron, so I'll go for the draw cover with Torres seemingly back to his goal scoring form. Another interesting bet is Atletico +0.75 at 1.85 as offered by bet1128. Already mentioned is Valencias long injury list, and without Banega I doubt they'll play well enough, and without Villa I doubt they'll score enough to beat the handicap. This could well end in a draw, in my opinion. I think I'll lay off the Fulham match, though for those interested Fulham -0.25 is available at 1.92 at Ladbrokes.. Wolfsburg are on a run of three straight away wins, while Fulham have three straight losses. I'll need to do more research though, I might change my mind later and take this bet anyway, Fulham are strong at home.. This is all a bit rushed, sorry about that.. I'll see if I have time to write something proper tomorrow.
Ended up choosing Fulham only here, Torres scares me and the other is a bit too speculative for me. Good luck all :hope
:wall:wall:wall Should've trusted my initial judgement.. Oh well, at least the bet I decided to go with won.

Fair enough, good luck with ur bets, I hope I win as well :ok My bets: Benfica to win @ 2.50 Interwetten :):):) Benfica -1 Corner @ 2.20 bet365 :):):) HT/FT - Benfica/Draw @ 15.00 Interwetten :( Hamburg vs Standard Liege - Draw @ 4.00 Interwetten :( Wolfsburg to win @ 3.50 bet365 :( Quadruple liverpool under 2.5, other 3 games over 2.5 @ 7.83 bet365 :( Torres FGS @ 5.00 bet365 :( Quadruple: Draw for rest 3 games, and Fulham to win @ 100.93 bet365 :( Quadruple: for all 4 games, both teams to score @ 9.63 bet365 :):):) Quadruple: all 4 home teams to win @ 13.66 hills :( Double: Fulham & Liverpool @ 6.27 interwetten :( GL all :hope
:nana:nana:nana Great result for me, had most of my stake placed on Benfica, so nice profit, bonus quadruple did me well :ok

Hello guys, Fancy a few goals in Portugal in the first leg of this tie: Benfica V Liverpool - Over 2.5 goals @ 2.32 (Betfair) I actually had a look at this bet not expecting much, I thought the odds would be alot closer to evens than where they currently sit. Benfica are the Europa League's top scorers having netted 21 to date. They know where the net is, especially at home having won 5 out of their 6 home ties in the competition to date, including a 5-0 win against Liverpool's Merseyside rivals Everton in a previous round. Seven out of Benfica's twelve matches thus far in this competition have gone over 2.5 goals one way or another. With attacking options in Saviola (who is a minor doubt), Cardozo, Aimar, Di Maria, Ramires and perhaps veteran Nuno Gomez from the bench, they are not short of firepower up front. Liverpool will be missing Škrtel, Aurélio and Kelly in defence whilst £17 million summer signing Aquliani misses out again through that injured ankle. They do however have Torres and Gerrard and with these two guys playing you'd fancy the Pool to at least score against most teams. Two out of Liverpools four games in this competition, having dropped in from the CL, have gone over the 2.5 goals. They have started to show some signs of improvement domestically recently, however they have only started improving at home, having still not won away in 2010, barring thier 3-1 away win last time out in this competition to Unirea Urzicheni. Thier last four games have gone over the 2.5 goals margin in all competitions. I can see both teams scoring, so I will be having a small cover bet on correct score of 1-1 @ 7.00 (Betfair) in case the over does not come through. My main bet, however, will probably be, over 2.5 goals @ 2.32 (Betfair) for this game. May have a look at some other ties this round aswell.:ok:ok GL everyone for now :hope:hope
:nana:nana That will do for tonight, should have been alot more goals, Cardozo should have had a few more and Liverpool could have scored more aswell, was really surprised at the odds on offer for this.

I'm not that confident on Liverpool even though i want us to win. Reason being Benfica home record in Europe is one to fear, also we have been miserable away from home this season. I need to no if Rafa playing two holding players in mash an Lucas which he is likely to do. We cant go back to that defensive shit, We need Babel and Benayoun on the wings. Liverpool + 1 @ 8/15 seems safe but not an attractive price, I proberly take Liverpool to win @ 2/1 which is a good price but wait for team news. Im Defo still taking Fulham. Zamaro is back hopefully that flu dont effect his game, also most of there stars return for this game
At least Fulham made me a profit :beer

Re: UEFA Europa League 1st of April Liverpool :@ Referee ruined this game. How do you equate a hand in the face as a red card, yet Luisao goes right through the back of Torres and only gets a yellow? This turned the game in Benfica's favour and was only a matter of time they got the goals. Still, Torres had a one-on-one to score with the game at 1-1. Costly miss for me and the Reds. Fulham - Wolfsburg over 2.5 :D Hamburg - Standard Liege over 2.5 :D Valencia - Atletico Madrid over 3.5 :D

Benfica vs Liverpool DNB@ 1.70 Betfair I am going with a Benfica DNB in tonights game because of Liverpools dire away form this season and the fact that Benfica are notoriously good at home. I think that Liverpool will get through over the two legs but just cant see them winning at the Estádio da Luz where the 60,000+ fans will play a huge role and give a crucial psycological advantage to the portuguese league leaders. Good luck everyone!
ah!!!! money in the bank :dude

Liverpool :@ Referee ruined this game. How do you equate a hand in the face as a red card
You cant raise your hands in someones face, its the rules, babel did it twice...Insua went straight through the back of someone in the penalty area and didnt even get booked, dont be so one eyed, especially since you lucked out with late goals on two of your other bets.