Champions League 30th of March

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League 30th of March The odds tendency in the french game regarding AHs is good for anyone thinking of trying Lyon. That might be a french derby, but I'm feeling Lyon has the upper hand having disqualified a much stronger opponent than Bordeaux has, showing some better form right now all in all. Plus, this is a stage they've been flirting with in the past as well, while Bordeuax might be a french force, but really a Cinderella in such CL heights.

Re: Champions League 30th of March it will be very interesting to hear the thoughts of you regular Bundesliga watchers out there. I will give mine on the match-up between Bayern and United. The two names synonymous with Bayern this season to me are Robben and Ribery. One of which has been having his finest season while the other is stuttering a bit through injuries. Robben is not a player I have been fond of and I thought he was a bit predictable at times, but since moving he has clearly improved a lot. To be fair he was one of Madrid's better players when there but fell foul to their transfer policy. He will be a massive loss on tuesday as he has clearly been their main threat. So it falls for Ribery to pick up the slack and spur this Bayern side onwards. He is a very good player when on form. One that could cause untold mayhem to Neville tomorrow. I doubt Neville will be able to cope at all with his pace and dribbling. This alone will not win the match though and it is clear to me that the strikers Bayern possess are not good enough. Gomez is woefully overrated and cost far too much money. Klose has been one of the prolific goal scorers of recent times but that has not been shown this season. I am not sure you can rely on Olic to be the main goal threat. He is an admirable striker who has work-rate and quality, somewhat like Dirk Kuyt, but perhaps a little better technically. Put shortly I am not sure that their attack, collectively, is good enough to cause United enough problems. Bayern themselves have a pretty suspect defense. Lahm is good, but I have never fully understood the rave 'world class' reviews he has constantly received. Although I don't know a lot about Van Buyten and the others, my impression is that none of them are of sufficient quality. I think that the midfield area is pretty even with Bayern perhaps possessing the better wingers, but United far outclass them in defence and attack. It is on this basis that I am heavily favouring them over both legs, and also expect them to shade the away leg. That is providing that Ferguson comes with intention to take the match. If he does, I think it is there to be taken. I am considering the straight win, but also DNB. I might wait a little while, to see if any pro-Bayern arguments are given.

Re: Champions League 30th of March

Anyone know where i can find historical odds and results for champions league games? Something similar to football-data.co.uk?
betexplorer mate. Bayern being under-rated imo. 3.40 for the win and 2.35 for DNB a touch of value. Man Utd's superb CL away record is probably rightfully setting the odds , but Bayern can raise their game for these big occasions. Lets be fair, Utd could have been 2 down before upping their game in the San Siro.

it will be very interesting to hear the thoughts of you regular Bundesliga watchers out there. I will give mine on the match-up between Bayern and United. The two names synonymous with Bayern this season to me are Robben and Ribery. One of which has been having his finest season while the other is stuttering a bit through injuries. Robben is not a player I have been fond of and I thought he was a bit predictable at times, but since moving he has clearly improved a lot. To be fair he was one of Madrid's better players when there but fell foul to their transfer policy. He will be a massive loss on tuesday as he has clearly been their main threat. So it falls for Ribery to pick up the slack and spur this Bayern side onwards. He is a very good player when on form. One that could cause untold mayhem to Neville tomorrow. I doubt Neville will be able to cope at all with his pace and dribbling. This alone will not win the match though and it is clear to me that the strikers Bayern possess are not good enough. Gomez is woefully overrated and cost far too much money. Klose has been one of the prolific goal scorers of recent times but that has not been shown this season. I am not sure you can rely on Olic to be the main goal threat. He is an admirable striker who has work-rate and quality, somewhat like Dirk Kuyt, but perhaps a little better technically. Put shortly I am not sure that their attack, collectively, is good enough to cause United enough problems. Bayern themselves have a pretty suspect defense. Lahm is good, but I have never fully understood the rave 'world class' reviews he has constantly received. Although I don't know a lot about Van Buyten and the others, my impression is that none of them are of sufficient quality. I think that the midfield area is pretty even with Bayern perhaps possessing the better wingers, but United far outclass them in defence and attack. It is on this basis that I am heavily favouring them over both legs, and also expect them to shade the away leg. That is providing that Ferguson comes with intention to take the match. If he does, I think it is there to be taken. I am considering the straight win, but also DNB. I might wait a little while, to see if any pro-Bayern arguments are given.
I did not read trough your post, but I see its about Bayern and Manchester. I did took 10/10 on Manchester DNB @1.9 just when Robben did make signs of injury during the München match. Defense is everything but not stone solid. Goalkeeper Butt had a good start and prove many people wrong by rating him low. However, he is not that convincing these days. Schweinsteiger is going to miss, a bigger miss than some people may realize. Robben is doubted, Ribery is everything but not fit. Gomez was injured and should play but who knows about his form. Klose is like a ghost. Olic is only solid one, but he is pissed since he got subsitituted in first half despite scoring the 1:0 for Bayern. Klose additionally did criticize Ribery/Robben for getting all the attention, but 9 other players doing the "shit" work for them and they get all the cheering. A few things which are not working fine. They might somewhat clear all these thoughts and discussions when they are on the pitch (I never did think about any other shit during the matches - how should that be possible :unsure). But even if all of them perform very well - they will face a strong Manchester side and I see Manchester quality,tactic and condition wise better currently. On top of that, to make this even more deep analysis, there are aspects which also speak against Bayern here and one of them is the fact that their way of playing - to hold ball possession and make the opponent getting tired towards the end of match - wont work easily on Manchester team. What am I talking about? Well the fact that Bayern scored most of their goals and in general (compared to other teams in league) in last quarter of the match is showing that they are having quite some success with this ball possession tactic. It wont work against Manchester. I really doubt it will. The only way to get a result against Manchester would be a fit Robben/Ribery - Buyten/Demicheles and Bommel/Schweinsteiger in midfield - plus an in form Gomez. Robben doubted, Ribery not fit, Buyten had injuries but can play, Demicheles just back from injury, Bommel alone without Schweinsteiger and Gomez just back. In a competition where slight aspects make the difference (Barcelona - Chelsea) thats too much. Very confident that Bayern wont get three points, punish me if they do.

Re: Champions League 30th of March Lyon vs Bordo I see that Lyon has the upper hand for the first match of this tie ... Lyon have rested some of the main players for this match ... They have eliminated Real Madrid before drawing Bordo for the the quart. finals ... Bordo on the other hand since their incredible run at the group stage they have somehow lost their superb form ... No matter what I still do not see Lyon winning this by more than a goal .. Lyon to Win. 8/10 Score - 1-0 /////// 2-1 /////// big possibility just for fantasy :))) Good luck all ... BAYERN Munchen - Manchester UNiTED ... This will be the easiest one to predict after INTER .... Man U. are in a superb form lately and Bayern is a very inconsistent team .. They may have the big name but they do not have any quality to match with MANCHESTER UNITED .. This game is very similiar to Ac. Milan - MANCHESTER United tie .. Man U. went away to milan and won the game 2-3 ... and @ old trafford oh my goodness it was emberrassing for Milan .. and Bayern could barely eliminate Fiorentina (who are no better than Milan) on aggregate goals ... Fiorentina deserved to eliminate Bayern if you ask me :))) well that's not important anyway .. I don't care if there they have to play Chelsea on the weekend ... This is Manchester United ... They will go to Germany and they will win this game no matter what ... MANCHESTER UNiTED to WiN 10/10 GOOD Luck To all .. hopefully we all make profit !!!

Does anyone know if it's possible to bet on the outcome of the tie?
Yes......from b365 Soccer - Qualification Match-ups
UEFA Champions League 2009/10 - Bayern Munich vs Man UtdBook Closes 30 Mar 19:45
Bayern Munich21/10
Man Utd4/11
UEFA Champions League 2009/10 - Lyon vs BordeauxBook Closes 30 Mar 19:45
Lyon4/5
Bordeaux1/1
UEFA Champions League 2009/10 - Arsenal vs BarcelonaBook Closes 31 Mar 19:45
Arsenal15/8
Barcelona2/5
UEFA Champions League 2009/10 - Inter Milan vs CSKA MoscowBook Closes 31 Mar 19:45
Inter Milan3/10
CSKA Moscow
13/5

Re: Champions League 30th of March Going for Over 2.5 goals in the Man Utd game. 11/10 on will hill. For 1907zico's sake, Utd have won their last two away games in Europe on overs. Their last three games in the league have gone over. Bayern won their home game in the last round 2-1 against Fiorentina. Their last three Bundesliga games have gone over too.

Re: Champions League 30th of March My mind telling me Man Utd are gonna win even more so hearing the fitness of the Bayern players. United will look for the away goal, and are capable of keeping Bayern quiet. Lyon will be fully intent on getting a 1st leg lead, knowing they have get some kind of advantage going into the 2nd leg will look into both tommorow

Re: Champions League 30th of March That Schweinsteiger is a good player but he wont play. Dont really rate Van Bommel and he will play. Utd in theory could win this game by half - time. Fergie hopefully wont fill the players heads with horrible negative tactics and with any luck will unleash the Berb at some stage cause with two strikers utd could qualify in the 1st leg here. In Bayern's favour is the clubs pride and history in this cup and no doubt will have spent the week watching motivational vidios to that effect. They are also praising Rooney no doubt to soften him up a bit. I am going to trust Eergie here and hope he sends the team out to attack as 11/8 is a fair price to take. Of course you can't legislate for bad refereeing which is now standard in these Ueafa games. Also, the ref may decide to send Vidic off, Scholes may accidenty kill someone with a sliding tackle and Rooney might miss a tap and subsequently not hit a cows arse with a banjo. Ultimatley Bayern will have to take chances and this can only help Utd. The away win is worth the risk. Staying away from the French game as Bordeux will fustrate their rivals and could even nick it . 50/50 game

I did not read trough your post, but I see its about Bayern and Manchester. I did took 10/10 on Manchester DNB @1.9 just when Robben did make signs of injury during the München match. Defense is everything but not stone solid. Goalkeeper Butt had a good start and prove many people wrong by rating him low. However, he is not that convincing these days. Schweinsteiger is going to miss, a bigger miss than some people may realize. Robben is doubted, Ribery is everything but not fit. Gomez was injured and should play but who knows about his form. Klose is like a ghost. Olic is only solid one, but he is pissed since he got subsitituted in first half despite scoring the 1:0 for Bayern. Klose additionally did criticize Ribery/Robben for getting all the attention, but 9 other players doing the "shit" work for them and they get all the cheering. A few things which are not working fine. They might somewhat clear all these thoughts and discussions when they are on the pitch (I never did think about any other shit during the matches - how should that be possible :unsure). But even if all of them perform very well - they will face a strong Manchester side and I see Manchester quality,tactic and condition wise better currently. On top of that, to make this even more deep analysis, there are aspects which also speak against Bayern here and one of them is the fact that their way of playing - to hold ball possession and make the opponent getting tired towards the end of match - wont work easily on Manchester team. What am I talking about? Well the fact that Bayern scored most of their goals and in general (compared to other teams in league) in last quarter of the match is showing that they are having quite some success with this ball possession tactic. It wont work against Manchester. I really doubt it will. The only way to get a result against Manchester would be a fit Robben/Ribery - Buyten/Demicheles and Bommel/Schweinsteiger in midfield - plus an in form Gomez. Robben doubted, Ribery not fit, Buyten had injuries but can play, Demicheles just back from injury, Bommel alone without Schweinsteiger and Gomez just back. In a competition where slight aspects make the difference (Barcelona - Chelsea) thats too much. Very confident that Bayern wont get three points, punish me if they do.
well written, I completely agree :ok Let's not forget that Robben scored the most important goals for Bayern lately - without him they loose half of the quality up front. And that Pole Klose? He plays shit and if he can't score against Freiburg he won't do it against United. I haven't heard he was criticizing Robben and Ribery, what a damn twat :@ Anyway with such important players missing, I'm also going 10/10 on Man Utd draw no bet. Pity though, that I won't get such odds as you did mate. Good luck and thanks for your contribution! PS Which german channel airs the game? Sat1?

Re: Champions League 30th of March Man Utd @ 2.33 centrebet Man Utd -1 (EH) 4.75 centrebet Danger signs for Bayern here after losing 2-1 at home to Stuttgart. Their defence has been a problem for them all year and their inability to keep regular clean sheets means that a red hot Man Utd side are likely scorers against them. Rooney has been on fire for them, with good support from Valencia and Nani on the flanks, and Berbatov's double on the weekend will give him plenty of confidence, as he has played against Bayern in the Bundesliga and will know what to expect. Bayern's two main players are Robben and Ribery, and now with Man Utd's defence resembling what may be their best unit with their players fit, they will be hard to break down. As for Bayern, doubt that they will be able to cope with the pace and skills of this Man Utd. The visitors showed that they are capable of scoring goals on the road in this competition when they beat AC Milan 3-2 in the last round, and do not believe that Bayern are better than Milan while Man Utd have improved their defence since this game Lyon - Bordeaux under 1.5 @ 2.82 pinnacle Two teams who know each other with defences that do not allow much in the way of goals, and you have the possible outcome of a low scoring game, as both teams are likely to be cautious of the other and not give away any advantage from this first leg Lyon have allowed only 1 goal in their last 4 home games in Lique 1, and they did beat Real Madrid 1-0 in the first leg in the previous round. They have allowed only 1 goal in their last 3 Champions League (CL) games at home, as they had a 1-1 draw with Liverpool. Bordeaux have allowed only 1 goal in their last 5 CL games, with 3 clean sheets in their last 3 away games in the CL, winning 1-0 at Olympiacos, 1-0 at Maccabi Haifa and 2-0 at Bayern Munich, so if they do score they tend to close the game up. In their last 2 clashes in Lique 1, Bordeaux have beaten Lyon 1-0 both times, firstly at home in April last year and then in December last year at Lyon. So liking the look of a low scoring given the very defensive nature of these two teams and both unlikely to take the risk of conceding a goal as it will be very hard to equalise against the opposing defence

Re: Champions League 30th of March I won't be having a bet on tonight's match between Lyon and Bordeaux but there will be plenty that will, so here's my tuppence's worth on it, the French leagues being my main area of 'expertise', and I use the word loosely :tongue2 The price on Lyon, first and foremost, is too short. In this type of match, you want to have the at least some of the draw on your side. The price for Lyon -0.25 AH is in the low 1.80s - to me, there's no value in that. You have to remember that Bordeaux beat Lyon 1-0 at the Gerland in December. Admittedly, Lyon have improved since then, and Bordeaux have actually regressed slightly. Their lead has been whittled away at the top of Le Championnat. And of course, they lost the Coupe de la Ligue final 3-1 to Marseille on Saturday. I'm not sure what sort of impact that'll have on Laurent Blanc's side. They seem quite a resilient bunch. They have also played really well in Europe this year, beating Bayern Munich and Olympiakos away from home, and knocking out Juventus. Their win in Greece impressed me as it shows a certain mental strength that a lot of teams don't have. What puts me off Bordeaux tonight is the suspension of their key holding midfielder, Alou Diarra. He's the cog that keeps things turning in Bordeaux's engine room. He screens the defence, he's strong, he tackles and he can get forward. Bordeaux do not have another player like him and he will be a huge loss for them. Lyon also have a similar midfielder in Jeremy Toulalan, and his return from injury at Christmas time coincided with Lyon's better form. He is vital to them too. Rumours in France suggest that he may take Jean-Alain Boumsong's place at centre-half and Jean II Makoun will play in midfield, but I reckon Claude Puel will keep him in the middle, especially with Diarra out. That way, Lyon will have the upper hand in midfield. Lisandro Lopez is obviously the main goal threat along with Michel Bastos on the left wing, but Bordeaux's defence, and in particular Michael Ciani, snuffed out Lopez well in their last meeting. The Bordeaux defence is normally fairly resolute. I expect it to be a cagey affair for a large part of the match. The players know each other well, and neither will want to give much away. An early goal could change that complexion entirely but I can't see it personally. Lyon kept it tight against Real Madrid at home and snuck a goal. I expect the same tactics tonight. If the Lyon -0.25 AH price was a bit higher, perhaps in the low 1.90s, then I'd bite, but I can't see it drifting. They would be my favourite to win but you have to remember that Bordeaux won here in December and will not fear this. There isn't much between these two sides. Bear that in mind when you bet. Bonne chance :ok

Re: Champions League 30th of March FC Bayern vs Man Utd Corner Analysis: Bayern at home in Bundesliga: 5:2 - Stuggart lost 1-2 9:1 - won 2-1 6:3 - won 1-0 9:6 - won 2-1 - Against Florentina CHampions League 8:3 - won 3-1 No data - won 6-2 9:1 - won 3-0 11:3 - won 2-0 Thats all of their matches so far at home in the year 2010... Man Utd at Away: 11:6 - won 4-0 2:4 - won 1-0 4:12 - lost 3-1 to Everton 1:7 - drew 1-1 to Villa 8:5 - won 3-1 against arsenal 2:12 - drew 1-1 to Villa Thats for the year 2010... Corner Handicap offered by bookies: -1 Bayern @ 2.20 bet365 - best price +1 United @ 1.83 bet365 -1 Bayern @ 2.10 hills +1 United @ 2.05 hills - best price -1 Bayern @ 2.00 paddypower +1 United @ 2.00 paddypower hmm Conclusion wise Im undecided... Man Utd tend to have more corners away if they are losing, pushing for an equaliser or to win... In the case of Bayern Im undecided, they beat the corner handicap always by a minimum of -2... Guys, I need your help to conclude this :unsure And if someone could provide the corner stats for the matches between these two teams it would be great, I couldn't find any on Soccernet :ok

Re: Champions League 30th of March The game Munich vs. ManU ... ... it is not necessary to compare both teams ... especially in the moment - ManU is over them in every point of view. And the performance of the last weeks is suggesting you a terrible defeat for Munich as well. It seems like Munich is loosing form more and more - in the most important weeks of the season. Since weeks their game play is pretty weak and the even the teams from the midfield of the Bundesliga are able to put pressure and problems to the team. Players like Muller were looking overplayed and tired - not able to create surprising situations in the offense like in the beginning of the season or around the Juve game. And they were suffering smaller and bigger injuries in the last weeks as well. Furthermore Butt is becoming an doubt as well in the goal - with his experience he should be able to stabilize the chaotic defense but he is "playing" the same unsure part like Rensing last season. It was not the most stupid idea to focus on less players after the winter break but now it seems like van Gaal is missing real options - a real unexpected owngoal ^^ But when Juventus came up everyone was talking Munich out of the CL as well. This team is a "Lucky bag" - you never knows how they will perform. Not even sure if van Gaal will focus on the defense or is trying his luck in attacking. In the meantime the DNB is not an option anymore and even AH-0,25 is going under Evens. So the "best" bet is getting to short for me. But I found two bets I will try with small stack: 1) ManU is winning after conceding first @11,0 (bet365) ... Munich lost last two games after scoring first. Even in these situations they are not showing any confidence and strength in the moment. And if ManU is making the equalizer ... the game is getting interesting and history can become present again ^^ But I dont know if inplay odds would be even better after Munich is scoring first?! 2) ManU is winning both half-times @8,5 (bet365) ... they are able to score in both half-times doesnt matter if it will be a set-piece or out of the game. The defence cannot hold them down for all time. Rooney is on an amazing run in the Premier and was scoring both games against Milano as well. And if they will be in front at half-time they will have a lot of counter options in the 2nd and Ribery and Robben are not known as tough defense-workers ;-)

Re: Champions League 30th of March Lyon-Bordeaux Hi i saw an interesting stat last night on french TV comparing the experience between both regular team/coaches in Champion's league. Lyon is obviously more experienced, i dont have the correct number.But that experience will play a lot as soon as the "CHampion's league anthem will start" it won't be a 'french ligue 1" anymore. Lay Bordeaux should be my pick.

hmm Conclusion wise Im undecided... Man Utd tend to have more corners away if they are losing, pushing for an equaliser or to win... In the case of Bayern Im undecided, they beat the corner handicap always by a minimum of -2...
Exactly, and nice point - I suspect this market will be best to bet in-game. If United score first, I expect them to sit back and ride off the storm - I'll back Bayern on the corners. If Bayern score first, I'll wait and see how Man U react.. They don't need a win, so they may not go all out attack to get a goal. I'll probably back Man U on the corners in this situation, however, as I can't see them sit back and accept a 1-0 loss.

Re: Champions League 30th of March Even though United don't have the best form in the world against Bayern, I can't see them being able to mark Rooney out the game, he is simply on fire and is up there with Messi and Ronaldo at mo, nobody else comes close. For that reason alone, I'm putting money on Rooney to score at anytime (11/10 @ PP) and also a bit more on Rooney scoring 2 or more (7/1 @ PP) :) He's in the form of his life, if Owen can put goals past the Germans, then Rooney will have fun :)

Exactly, and nice point - I suspect this market will be best to bet in-game. If United score first, I expect them to sit back and ride off the storm - I'll back Bayern on the corners. If Bayern score first, I'll wait and see how Man U react.. They don't need a win, so they may not go all out attack to get a goal. I'll probably back Man U on the corners in this situation, however, as I can't see them sit back and accept a 1-0 loss.
I quite fancy United to get an away goal, and Bayern to be playing catch-up, that being said, in my opinion I think it comes down to Arjen Robben and Frank Ribery, if they both start, Ill deffo be backing the -1 corner handicap @ 2.20 bet365 for Bayern..

Re: Champions League 30th of March Personally, I think with the absence of key players Bayern will lose this. Without Robben, they would lack the necessary cut up front to trouble a first choice Utd back line (especially with Ferdinand rested). Ribery too has not been at his best this season through various reasons, but even if this wasn't the case he struggles when deprived of service which I'm fairly sure is going to happen. Utd in contrast have just come off the back of an emphatic victory against Bolton with their key man Rooney rested. Confidence will be running sky high and a player of Rooney's calibre would cause a largely shaky Bayern defense problems even if exhausted. The only caveat I can see is this is a European game and a lot hinges on the match officials - and the footballing culture in which they originate. Bets for this game: Utd to win both halves -------------- 8.5 (Paddy Power) tiny stake Utd -1 Asian handicap ---------------4.0 (Bet365) medium stake Rooney 1st to score for his team ---- 3.3 (Paddy Power) small stake

Re: Champions League 30th of March Olympique Lyonnais v Girondins de Bordeaux + 2 Corner Handicap @ 1.9 - BET365. I agree that either Lyon are too short, or Boreaux are too long for this tie. One of the two, so I don't see Lyon as massive favourites, and therefor shouldn't be expected to achieve a massive corner count. Bordeaux won this handicap quite comfortable in their 1-0 win here earlier in the season. I can see this being a similarly tight contest between two sides that both know eachother quite well. UNDER 10 corners would probably appeal also, as I don't expect either side to want to give much away.

Re: Champions League 30th of March Bayern Munchen-Manchester United over 2.5 @2.16 Betfar To be honest,I'm a little scared to predict a win here for Man Utd because I'm not sure how they will treat the game,Bayern's form in Bundesliga is pitiful,won 1-2 against Freiburg because of Robens genie,lost 1-2 against Stuttgart,lost against Frankurt 2-1,on the other side Man utd has an excelent form in EPL,and their cloackroom atmosphere is incomparable.I saw a lot of defensive mistakes made by Bayern in their last UCL/Bundesliga matches(Remember that Bayern-Fiorentina ,Fiorentina-Bayern,Frankfurt-Bayern) and I think that they will concede at least 1 gol tonight,considering that Rooneys form is incredible; My theory is that we'll see tonight another Bayern,Champions League is Champions League,Bayern can make a surprise,and I find a better safe value in goals and not in Manchester,draw or Bayern; Considering that over is @2.16 and Manchester is valued @2.55ish I dont see a big difference ,if we judge that Manchester could please theirself with a draw here too. I'm sure that we'll have 1 goal at least on the 1st half,and 1,2+in the second,so u can lay the over ,and you can get a 100% profit if u're a betfair member. So ,in the end,yes,from what we saw in UCL and Bundesliga/EPL,Manchester is definelty a better team(attack,defense,middle) but I find a better value in over 2.5.Bayern can surprise,Man Utd can concede,they are not invincible; Good luck:hope