Re: Tennis: Miami :22 March - 4 April

Tip Detail
Sport Tennis
Event Clijsters - Azarenka
Selection Azarenka (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 29/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 2.76 (Lay)
Reasoning Clijsters far superior player than Azarenka and she is in great form.Azarenka lost against Clijsters just after she returned to WTA and now Clijsters seems to be even better so why shouldn't she win today too.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tip Detail
Sport Tennis
Event Henin - Zvonareva
Selection Zvonareva (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 29/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 3.75 (Lay)
Reasoning Henin has great record over Zvonareva.5:0 and she never lost a set against her.I don't believe that something will change after this game.Zvonareva is not reliable at all as she can just go mental in the game when it's not going her way.Henin in this one for me.

Serra to win OVER 6.5 GAMES vs Federer @ Evens (Paddy Power) (10/10) All over this one. Federer in non-slams is not the all-conquering player.....he can typically struggle with motivation...he lost to Benneteau last year, lost to Baghdatis last week in IW, and played a pretty average match beating Lapentti 6-3 6-3 in the last round....his forehand tends to be less reliable, shanks alot of balls and relying on his serve to bail him out. Serra is a decent player, better than Lapentti now who did pretty well against Roger. He beat Massu and Montanes in previous rounds. He's taken sets off Berdych, Davydenko and Soderling this year but sometimes struggles when in a winning position against quality players. Anyway, don't need Serra to win....just have one good set and that should be enough to cover the line here. GL! Also like Youzhny to beat Wawrinka but it's too short now. Dunno what's up with the Cilic price.....he should be clear favourite against Baghdatis...I'm guessing Baghdatis beating Federer last week and Cilic losing to Garcia-Lopez has influenced that. I'm gonna look closer at this one first.
Cracking work IAmGooner :clap

Going for another three in the tennis today... Marcos Baghdatis vs Marin Cilic Marin Cilic -1.5 games AH at 1.885 (Pinnacle) This is the first time these two have met and it should be a corker. I am, however, happy to veer towards Cilic here. As much as I like Baghdatis, I still feel he has flaws in his game. Movement can be an issue for the Cypriot and although he loves to find plenty of angles with his groundstrokes, he occasionally lacks the power of a Top 10 player. His serve is normally reliable but his second can be picked up and attacked, and that's where I fear for him. Cilic had a horrible result in Indian Wells last week against Guillermo Garcia-Lopez but I expect him to do much better here and really pick up the baton. His 6-1 6-3 crushing of Stephane Robert in the last round was impressive and he'll take confidence from that. His serve and backhand are huge weapons and his forehand has improved tremendously from last year. Baghdatis may have beaten Federer last week but his subsequent loss to Robredo - who was abysmal yesterday against Benni Becker - shows he has flaws. I have faith in Cilic to cover the handicap. Bet strength: 6/10 Stanislas Wawrinka vs Mikhail Youzhny Mikhail Youzhny -2 games AH at 1.885 (Pinnacle) The Russian was outstanding in his 6-0 6-1 defeat of Santiago Giraldo in R2 and he's really hitting a purple patch at present. He is playing really well on the hard courts and isn't too far away from a Top 10 berth. I can't see him breaking into that sphere again but I can see him having too much for Wawrinka. The Swiss leads the H2H 2-1 but the telling stat is that both his wins have come on clay. Wawrinka's handy on the hard courts but his best work comes on the red brick. He's also just back from at least a month off the Tour and I wonder if rustiness may come into play. The Swiss can throw in errors, especially with a weak second serve, and with Youzhny in such good form, he'll have to be playing at his best to match the Russian. It wouldn't surprise me if it goes to three sets and with all Youzhny bets, I'm expecting a few twists and turns, but he's in such good form at present, likes the surface and has beaten Wawrinka on a hard court before. I'll take him to do it again and cover the handicap. Bet strength: 5/10 Fernando Verdasco vs Jurgen Melzer Melzer +3.5 games AH at 1.862 (Pinnacle) Melzer is in the form of his life at the moment. He's serving well, his timing of shots is spot on and he's not letting the mental frailties creep into his game. This is a big test for him though. Verdasco's obviously a quality player and leads the H2H 3-1. I feel though that the Austrian will keep this one close. He only lost 6-4 7-6 to Andy Roddick at IW last week and won't lie down if the Spaniard gets his nose in front. His semi-final appearance in Dubai also proved that he's enjoying the hard courts. Verdasco was dreadful against Tomas Berdych last week and I can't see him being nearly as poor as that here. Even still, he can go off the boil at times and will give Melzer opportunities. I'm not confident enough to take Melzer outright but I like the +3.5 game handicap. Worth playing. Bet strength: 4/10 Good luck :ok
Cilic d. Baghdatis 6-3 6-4 - WIN :ok Youzhny d. Wawrinka 1-6 7-6 7-6 - LOSS :wall Verdasco d. Melzer 3-6 7-6 6-1 - WIN :ok 2/3 so a good night's work. Melzer should've beaten Verdasco, he was a break up in the second, but the +3.5 game handicap was covered anyhow. Shows the beauty of taking such handicaps. However, I got stung on Youzhny. Even though he won, the handicap was buggered. Should've just taken the outright 1.67 - Youzhny's prone to do that sort of thing.

Re: Tennis: Miami :22 March - 4 April Should be a cracking day of tennis today with lots of good matches. Only one game stands out as a betting proposition for me though. Mardy Fish vs Mikhail Youzhny Mikhail Youzhny at 1.855 (Pinnacle) As well has Mardy Fish has done this week, I reckon his run may come to an end here. Youzhny's playing very well at present and did really well to come back against Stanislas Wawrinka yesterday. He's a fighter, and certainly brings out his best tennis when he's on the ropes. Fish for me is still a fairly one-dimensional player. He's got a big serve and he relies on that to attack the net. If that tactic doesn't work, he's not got a plan B. His groundstrokes aren't in the same league as Youzhny. The Russian will move the American about with his variation of shots and that could be Fish's undoing. Yes, he beat Feliciano Lopez yesterday, but Lopez is a similar sort of player to Fish. I feel this is a bad match-up for him, so I'm happy to take Youzhny on the nose here. Bet strength: 6/10 The other match that made some appeal is Bellucci +2 games vs Almagro, but I'll have to mull that one over. Good luck :ok

Re: Tennis: Miami :22 March - 4 April I'm thinking Youzhny aswell. It's a stand-out price for him no doubt about it. He's a class above Fish and has been in better form all year. Fish would need to keep a very high serve percentage and win alot of points behind that...and hope Youzhny is below his best and making errors/not serving great.

Tip Detail
Sport Tennis
Event Williams - Radwanska
Selection Radwanska (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 30/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 3.20 (Lay)
Reasoning I don't know why odds on Venus are rising.She is far superior player than Agnieszka.She has 4:1 score over her.And last two matches between these two ended in hammering 6:1 6:2.Venus is just too powerful.She should take this one.

Should be a cracking day of tennis today with lots of good matches. Only one game stands out as a betting proposition for me though. Mardy Fish vs Mikhail Youzhny Mikhail Youzhny at 1.855 (Pinnacle) As well has Mardy Fish has done this week, I reckon his run may come to an end here. Youzhny's playing very well at present and did really well to come back against Stanislas Wawrinka yesterday. He's a fighter, and certainly brings out his best tennis when he's on the ropes. Fish for me is still a fairly one-dimensional player. He's got a big serve and he relies on that to attack the net. If that tactic doesn't work, he's not got a plan B. His groundstrokes aren't in the same league as Youzhny. The Russian will move the American about with his variation of shots and that could be Fish's undoing. Yes, he beat Feliciano Lopez yesterday, but Lopez is a similar sort of player to Fish. I feel this is a bad match-up for him, so I'm happy to take Youzhny on the nose here. Bet strength: 6/10 The other match that made some appeal is Bellucci +2 games vs Almagro, but I'll have to mull that one over. Good luck :ok
Youzhny d. Fish 6-1 1-0 ret - WIN :ok Thankfully, Pinny pay out on outright markets after a full set has been completed, so I get my win. They always void handicaps no matter how many sets have been played, so I'm glad I avoided those this evening.

Tip Detail
Sport Tennis
Event Bartoli - Wickmayer set hcp
Selection Wickmayer +1,5 (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 30/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.33 (Back)
Reasoning Wickmayer in some good form here at Miami and she is just destroying her opponents.On the other side of the net is Bartoli who had tough match against Dulko and was gifted a victory by Kuznetsova.Kuznetsova was injured and played like crap.I think that Yanina should win this one but I don't trust her so much due to her results in previous tournaments to put a straight bet on her.This is much safer.Even if Bartoli will win I don't think she will do it in two sets.All in all Yanina is more complete and talented player.

Re: Tennis: Miami :22 March - 4 April One small bet for me today in Miami on the men's side... Jo-Wilfried Tsonga vs Rafael Nadal Over 23 games AH at 2.02 (Pinny) This match certainly has the potential to break the overs. Both men are playing very well, especially Nadal, who just seems to up it a notch when he's in a tight situation. He's pulled through against David Nalbandian and fought out a gutsy match against David Ferrer. Tsonga was mightily impressive in beating Juan Carlos Ferrero so soundly and he'll come into this match with full confidence. The meetings they've had have all been really tight, with Tsonga's sole win out of five coming in the Australian Open in 2008. I'd find it hard to see past Nadal here but Tsonga can keep this really close, either with a tie-break in one set or even nicking one. Should be a cracker, and I reckon a SMALL stake on the overs may be fruitful. Bet strength: 3/10 Good luck :ok

Tip Detail
Sport Tennis
Event Henin - Wozniacki
Selection Wozniacki (lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 31/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 3.90 (lay)
Reasoning Wozniacki already showed against Jankovic how se deals with good players.Today she will have to face on of the best players in the world and Henin is in good form.More to that Wozniacki is after a flu so she is weak for sure and not fully fit.Henin better player for me in this one and she should take this match.

One small bet for me today in Miami on the men's side... Jo-Wilfried Tsonga vs Rafael Nadal Over 23 games AH at 2.02 (Pinny) This match certainly has the potential to break the overs. Both men are playing very well, especially Nadal, who just seems to up it a notch when he's in a tight situation. He's pulled through against David Nalbandian and fought out a gutsy match against David Ferrer. Tsonga was mightily impressive in beating Juan Carlos Ferrero so soundly and he'll come into this match with full confidence. The meetings they've had have all been really tight, with Tsonga's sole win out of five coming in the Australian Open in 2008. I'd find it hard to see past Nadal here but Tsonga can keep this really close, either with a tie-break in one set or even nicking one. Should be a cracker, and I reckon a SMALL stake on the overs may be fruitful. Bet strength: 3/10 Good luck :ok
It should indeed be a great match, though I doubt I'll have the energy to sit up late to watch it :P Nadal to win 2-1 is available at 3.75, which does hold some value in my opinion. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

It should indeed be a great match, though I doubt I'll have the energy to sit up late to watch it :P Nadal to win 2-1 is available at 3.75, which does hold some value in my opinion. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
If it goes to three then Nadal has to be favourite. He's an expert and killing opponents off when it goes to a third.

Sport Tennis
Event Rafael Nadal v Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
Selection Tsonga
Strength 10/10
Date 01/04/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.70 (Back)
Reasoning Overall Nadal is a better player than Tsonga but he is the type of the player who depends a lot of his form, at the moment he still is not at the best from this point of view. Nadal should show his best tennis in the future but that only after a quite long time till he will regain his that impressive consistency in his play. On the other hand Tsonga impressed a lot here at Miami and he is playing the perfect style of tennis to be dangerous and a difficult opponent for Nadal, Tsonga can beat with his attack Nadal's defence and thats all about. I remember very well the last game between these two players, a situation very similar to this one when Tsonga had the match in his hands but had lost in the end. Well, then was Tsonga's unlucky day, today is just another day and you'll never know which side of the coin will going to be more lucky, certain is that Nadal is still not playing with the same consistence and Tsonga possess the right qualities to beat Rafa's defence. Good Luck!

One small bet for me today in Miami on the men's side... Jo-Wilfried Tsonga vs Rafael Nadal Over 23 games AH at 2.02 (Pinny) This match certainly has the potential to break the overs. Both men are playing very well, especially Nadal, who just seems to up it a notch when he's in a tight situation. He's pulled through against David Nalbandian and fought out a gutsy match against David Ferrer. Tsonga was mightily impressive in beating Juan Carlos Ferrero so soundly and he'll come into this match with full confidence. The meetings they've had have all been really tight, with Tsonga's sole win out of five coming in the Australian Open in 2008. I'd find it hard to see past Nadal here but Tsonga can keep this really close, either with a tie-break in one set or even nicking one. Should be a cracker, and I reckon a SMALL stake on the overs may be fruitful. Bet strength: 3/10 Good luck :ok
Nadal d. Tsonga 6-3 6-2 - LOSS :sad Tsonga just didn't show up and Nadal was frighteningly good.

Re: Tennis: Miami :22 March - 4 April Henin - Clijsters At the Match between henin and wozniacki . from the second set ; henin played perfect. She served very well and hit winners and made few unforced errors. At this tournament henin is the biggest candidate for championship. She beat dementieva , cibulkova , zvonareva,wozniacki. From the return clijsters lost a lot of 6-0 sets. she has concentration problems. Henin is the favorite for this match for me. Odds are really attractive. Odds of henin may drop tomorrow. So , this is the right time to bet i think. Henin @2.30 ( unibet ) Strenght : 10 /10

Re: Tennis: Miami :22 March - 4 April Should be two decent quarter-finals today... Mikhail Youzhny vs Robin Soderling Robin Soderling -3.5 games at 1.971 (Pinnacle) I've backed Youzhny in the last two rounds but I expect him to come unstuck here. Soderling is a class above his previous opponents (Giraldo, Wawrinka, Fish) and is playing exceptionally well. His serve is big, powerful and accurate, his groundstrokes flat and deep and he's even starting to show some touch at the net. As well as Youzhny can hang in from the baseline, I can't see him taking control of rallies like Soderling can. The Swede used to be far more effective indoors but his game seems to have improved now outdoors. They've met three times, all on a hard court, and Soderling leads 2-1. Youzhny's win came in 2007, when he was a better player than he is now, while Soderling won in Washington 6-3 6-1 last year before Youzhny retired hurt in Rotterdam this year. Soderling will get chances on Youzhny's serve - it's the one part of his game that really lets him down - and with Swede in such good form, I expect him to take those chances. Bet strength: 6/10 I have a wee hunch that Fernando Verdasco might reverse last week's form against Tomas Berdych and beat him here, as he's playing so much better than in IW, but it's also hard to go against Berdych when playing so well. Anyone else got any thoughts on this one? Good luck :ok

Should be two decent quarter-finals today... Mikhail Youzhny vs Robin Soderling Robin Soderling -3.5 games at 1.971 (Pinnacle) I've backed Youzhny in the last two rounds but I expect him to come unstuck here. Soderling is a class above his previous opponents (Giraldo, Wawrinka, Fish) and is playing exceptionally well. His serve is big, powerful and accurate, his groundstrokes flat and deep and he's even starting to show some touch at the net. As well as Youzhny can hang in from the baseline, I can't see him taking control of rallies like Soderling can. The Swede used to be far more effective indoors but his game seems to have improved now outdoors. They've met three times, all on a hard court, and Soderling leads 2-1. Youzhny's win came in 2007, when he was a better player than he is now, while Soderling won in Washington 6-3 6-1 last year before Youzhny retired hurt in Rotterdam this year. Soderling will get chances on Youzhny's serve - it's the one part of his game that really lets him down - and with Swede in such good form, I expect him to take those chances. Bet strength: 6/10 I have a wee hunch that Fernando Verdasco might reverse last week's form against Tomas Berdych and beat him here, as he's playing so much better than in IW, but it's also hard to go against Berdych when playing so well. Anyone else got any thoughts on this one? Good luck :ok
I'm far from a tennis expert Atko but all i can tell ya is the Racing Post tipped Verdasco to win but it was only with their minimum 1* bet mate

Sport Tennis
Event Mikhail Youzhny v Robin Soderling
Selection Soderling (-3.5) GH (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 02/04/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.97 (Back)
Reasoning Well, Robin Soderling is playing his best tennis ever in 2010 and IMO his level at the moment is just for top 5 players. Today Soderling will play against Mikhail Youzhny and if to remember a litter bit the story of their last game from Rotterdam this season then we could say that Soderling is just a too dificult opponent for the russian. The difference in class between these two players is clear different at the moment if to compare Youzhny and Soderling three years ago for example, and that all due to Robin's really great improvement. There is not too much about the russian in this one as there is almost all about Soderling who is playing just some amazing tennis these days, he has improved his backhand a lot which is a key factor so many times as gives you the stability. Soderling has won against Youzhny in the last game and then was visible that he knows very well how to play against russian's style. Since this game from Rotterdam Soderling did improved even more, got more confidence and better form, so I think that for Youzhny will going to have a even more difficult task than in the game from Rotterdam. Good Luck!

Should be two decent quarter-finals today... Mikhail Youzhny vs Robin Soderling Robin Soderling -3.5 games at 1.971 (Pinnacle) I've backed Youzhny in the last two rounds but I expect him to come unstuck here. Soderling is a class above his previous opponents (Giraldo, Wawrinka, Fish) and is playing exceptionally well. His serve is big, powerful and accurate, his groundstrokes flat and deep and he's even starting to show some touch at the net. As well as Youzhny can hang in from the baseline, I can't see him taking control of rallies like Soderling can. The Swede used to be far more effective indoors but his game seems to have improved now outdoors. They've met three times, all on a hard court, and Soderling leads 2-1. Youzhny's win came in 2007, when he was a better player than he is now, while Soderling won in Washington 6-3 6-1 last year before Youzhny retired hurt in Rotterdam this year. Soderling will get chances on Youzhny's serve - it's the one part of his game that really lets him down - and with Swede in such good form, I expect him to take those chances. Bet strength: 6/10 I have a wee hunch that Fernando Verdasco might reverse last week's form against Tomas Berdych and beat him here, as he's playing so much better than in IW, but it's also hard to go against Berdych when playing so well. Anyone else got any thoughts on this one? Good luck :ok
Soderling d. Youzhny 6-1 6-4 - WIN :ok Great result for the Swede. Glad I didn't take Verdasco. In hindsight, the overs was stick-on though.

Re: Tennis: Miami :22 March - 4 April Neither semi-final really appeals to me today. Both are tight. Berdych's got the game to keep Soderling fairly close, while Nadal-Roddick is a tough one. I'm happy to enjoy them with a pint and not have a monetary interest.

Re: Tennis: Miami :22 March - 4 April Nice tip guys. I was talking to a friend before the match about how Verdasco could use Söderlings mentor and, well, I think we can thank his mentor for this bet! The way he came back from that awful start was amazing, and wouldn't have happened a couple of years ago I reckon.

Tip Detail
Sport Tennis
Event Soderling - Berdych
Selection Berdych (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 02/04/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 3.60 (Lay)
Reasoning Soderling is in great form and she is surely more reliable at the moment than Berdych who can have his ups and downs.Soderling is leading h2h 6:3 with the two recent wins being 6:2 6:2 and 6:1 6:1.That's hammering.If he will play on his high level he will beat Berych and set up a great final with either Roddick or Nadal.I'm on Robin in this one.

Tip Detail
Sport Tennis
Event Soderling - Berdych
Selection Berdych (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 02/04/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 3.60 (Lay)
Reasoning Soderling is in great form and she is surely more reliable at the moment than Berdych who can have his ups and downs.Soderling is leading h2h 6:3 with the two recent wins being 6:2 6:2 and 6:1 6:1.That's hammering.If he will play on his high level he will beat Berych and set up a great final with either Roddick or Nadal.I'm on Robin in this one.
Is that at the weekends? :lol

Is that at the weekends? :lol
It's a typo :p
Tip Detail
Sport Tennis
Event Nadal - Roddick
Selection Roddick (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 02/04/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 3.25 (Lay)
Reasoning Nadal is in top form and he should be too much for Roddick.Roddick didn't play any tough player so far and I believe that he will have huge problems with Rafa.H2H is 5:2 for Nadal.Nadal should take this one imo.