** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Lingfield - Sat 27th Feb

fintron

This looks a fanstastic card this afternoon :D 3.15 Lingfield GLAMOROUS SPIRIT has looked a winner in waiting and Ron Harris' flying filly can gain some long overdue compensation and land the Bet Six Nations Rugby - Betdaq Handicap at the Surrey venue this afternoon. She has struck up a solid understanding with Chris Catlin and helped break the course record at Kempton for two weeks in row in January, setting a breakneck gallop on each occassion only to be collared close home. Last time out she raced at that same track and nearly held on, again having forced a strong pace, only to wander and find herself collared late in the day. She remains well handicapped and if able to bag an uncontested lead could take all the beating reunited with 'the Cat' today over a track and trip over which she is proven. 9/2 SJ 1 pt EW (3 places, 1/5 odds).

Re: Lingfield - Sat 27th Feb LINGFIELD PARK 15:15 (BET SIX NATIONS RUGBY - BETDAQ HANDICAP (CLASS 4)) Horse Name: Peak District (IRE) Noted Eyecatcher: Wolverhampton (A.W.), 14 Jan 2010 5f 20y Handicap (Class 4) (4YO plus) Spencer/Ryan Winner �4,416 - 9 ran Standard Race Note Dropped in from wide draw, headway and switched right 1f out, ran on inside final furlong, not trouble front pair My Note Watched this horse going very easily within itself following the lead horses coming into the straight and got pulled to make its challenge when going so easily but just got caught for final toe towards the line Thought Spencer had waited to long Where have I heard that before :) K Fallon takes the ride quite eyecatching in itself for me this horse could suit his style of riding The horse has previously run well at the track

Re: Lingfield - Sat 27th Feb 2.10 Lingfield All eyes will be on Mark Johnston's Atlantic Tiger who has had a couple of near misses and bids to make it third time lucky in maidens before and inevitable switch to handicaps. The colt has the strongest form on offer in the race and looks the most likely winner. 2.40 Lingfield The hat-trick chasing Spruce heads the market for Julia Fielden and the unexposed gelding has every chance of winning a race that looks weaker than his previous assignment. This step up in trip looks ideal and he is open to more improvement off this mark. Alan King's Sitwell ranks as the danger. 3.15 Lingfield Glamorous Spirit has looked a winner in waiting and Ron Harris' flying filly can gain some long overdue compensation and land the Bet Six Nations Rugby - Betdaq Handicap at the Surrey venue this afternoon. She has struck up a solid understanding with Chris Catlin and helped break the course record at Kempton for two weeks in row in January, setting a breakneck gallop on each occassion only to be collared close home. Last time out she raced at that same track and nearly held on, again having forced a strong pace, only to wander and find herself collared late in the day. She remains well handicapped and if able to bag an uncontested lead could take all the beating reunited with 'the Cat' today over a track and trip over which she is proven. 9/2 SJ 1 pt EW (3 places, 1/5 odds). 3.50 Lingfield The Cleve Stakes is the first listed race on the card and David Barron's Jaconet heads the betting, having successfully negotiated a rise in grade into this company on her last start. Tactically versatile, she enjoyed a terrific turf and all-weather season and her shrewd handler knows how to place his horses well so she is very much fancied. Arganil is another that has the class to win this race. Kevin Ryan has his string in fine order so the five year old warrants respect. He looks stronger than stablemate Green Manalishi but both are overlooked with Jaconet's sex allowance possibly proving crucial here. 4.20 Lingfield The second listed race on the card, this is the Winter Derby trial stakes and Marco Botti's hugely promising Gitano Hernando looks very hard to look past. His beating of the highly rated Mia's Boy at Wolverhampton in a conditions race read well and he did ever so well to follow that up with a Grade 1 winner over in Santa Anita when last seen. That looks the strongest piece of form on the entire card and on that basis he is the selection. The game, front running, Suits Me will do his best to burn them off from the front, but he lacks the scope for progression of the Botti hotpot, and Gitano Hernando is taken to score. 4.55 Lingfield Clive Brittain has his runners in tremendous form since returning to the track this year and was in the winners enclosure again yesterday. With a lack of pace in this race, his Mahadee looks a strong contender, but with the drop back in trip a slight concern, Elna Bright looks the one to be on. Brett Johnson's gelding has enjoyed a revial this term and overcome a muddling gallop to score last time out. This extra furlong is in his favour and he looks a couple of pounds ahead of the handicapper based on his last run. 5.25 Lingfield Another classy race to close the card and Abbondanza and Carcinetto can usually be relied upon to run their race in this grade. Nevertheless, Advanced looks to hold stronger claims than both of them, with Kevin Ryan banging in the winners and with the horse having a history of running well fresh (placed in strong Doncaster handicap on reappearance turf season just gone). Keiron Fallon is an eyecatching jockey booking and from a low draw he could be hard to peg back, providing Abbondanza doesn't hamper early doors. Summary of Lingfield selections 2.10 - Atlantic Tiger 2.40 - Spruce (nb) 3.15 - Glamorous Spirit (nap) 3.50 - Jaconet 4.20 - Gitano Hernando 4.55 - Elna Bright 5.25 - Advanced Suggested bet: Glamorous Spirit 9/2 SJ, 1 pt EW.

Re: Lingfield - Sat 27th Feb 3.15 STOLT 8/1 SJ BOG WIN~ Only seven runners but looks a very open contest. Will be going hell for leather from the start probably along with Fin's selection. Loves to front run and none other than the dazzler booked for the seat. Was on two starts back when 4th and has 4lb less today. Could lead all the way and 8's looks big imo.

Re: Lingfield - Sat 27th Feb What a cracking card, 1 month and we really will be back in action!! 3.15 Lingfield Rapid pace likely wth the free front running Glamorous Spirit in the lineup but tends to get caught and lingfield is potentially hard to win with his front running tactics. Total impact is worth another try in handicaps again now he has proved himself capable of getting his head in front in claimers and was a good second back in handicap company during the week and will enjoy the strong pace as he stays further and is well handicapped on previous form winning off 82 now rated 75. Colorous has a continued record of popping up at anytime, he beat the useful excellent show at southwell on penultimate start and was then disappointing in a claimer 48hrs later had a couple weeks to recover and could go well off just a 1lb higher mark. 0.5pt e.w Total impact 9/2 bet365 0.25pt e/w colorous 12/1 pp 3.50 Lingfield Not really a listed event on paper only a couple of these have the ratings to match such a quality race sadly. Arganil has great record on aw but was beaten by jaconet in november when they met on exactly the same terms as today, didnt look very promising when beating aeroplane and hard to see him good enough right now. Green Manalishi is a lot better than what he showed last time out in same race Jaconet won, does have form hen going fresh and for a yard in smashing form (K Ryan) and fallon in the saddle and looks stables first choice (Fallon riding all K Ryans main hopes today) but market doesnt reflect that interestingly. If you go purely on form Jaconet should win this easily, he beat his main 2 market rivals fair and square on same terms and aslong as fully fit he has the easy task of picking up another nice prize pot on the aw, he is 4 from 5 on the aw aswell and clearly loves it. 2pt win jaconet 10/11 0.5pt e/w green manalishi 7/1 sj 4.20 Lingfield A little better quality for a listed event. Gitanto Hernando is clearly the class act in the field but he is destined for bigger pots and if he isnt fully wound up he may be worth opposing at a short price. Baylini is a real lingfield specilist she loves swinging off the home bend and finishing strongly, she ran a solid enough at kempton during the week and although has something to find at the weights with a few of these no reason why she shouldnt pick up some prize money. The main interest has to be Yahrab for the in for Brittain yard who are flying right now, ran over an inadequate mile couple weeks ago at kempton and clearly needed the run and is far more interest back over this trip and has good aw record 1 from 1 round here and 3 from 4 on the aw. 0.25pt e/w baylini 14/1 sj 0.5pt e/w Yahrab 7/1 sj 4.55 Lingfield Again gonna side with the in form Brittain horse Mahadee who won a hot handicap on reapperance last week up 4lb for that effort which looks fair enough sure to come into this even fitter and maybe open to a little more, Elna Bright is in good form right now and poses main danger. 1pt win mahadee 4/1 coral 5.25 Lingfield I am hoping the inform yards clear up this afternoon lol!! Gone for K Ryan's horse here Advanced who has little if nothing to find at the weights here and won a good handicap at ascot and then found group compan little to hot but still ran an honest race and another good race in conditions stakes at doncaster. Has gone well fresh and does act on the surface. 0.5pt win Advanced 3/1 corals

Re: Lingfield - Sat 27th Feb

What's up with Neil Callan?
Banned;
The Stewards held an enquiry into possible interference at the furlong marker. They found that the winner EVERYMANFORHIMSELF (IRE), ridden by N CALLAN, had interfered with BECKERMET (IRE), ridden by CHRIS CATLIN, unplaced. They found CALLAN in breach of Rule (B)54.1 and guilty of Careless Riding in that he allowed his mount to drift right. They suspended him for two days as follows: Saturday 27th and Sunday 28th February 2010.

Re: Lingfield - Sat 27th Feb I'm a bit gutted to be honest. Under normal circumstances I'd be all over Gitano Hernando, but I can't back him today. I vowed to myself that I will never back a Fallon horse just because I have absolutely no time for him and think he's the most over-rated flat jockey in the world. Had he not been riding Gitano looks a banker. I haven't backed Fallon since he came back, I don't even nap his horses on here. The one time I napped him was on Presvis by accident because I didn't know he was riding. Looked unbeatable at 4/11 but KF managed to get him turned over. He's a joke. On another note, Spruce looks a good bet today. Not sure I'd be taking Jaconet at that price, would be more inclined to take Arganil, especially given the weightings and ratings. Atlantic Tiger looks really short against at least 3 possible contenders. But, at last, a good flat card to get stuck into. Good times :cash:cash:cash:cash Like Chris says, bring on Doncaster next month, then us flat boys will really start to shine!! :ok

Re: Lingfield - Sat 27th Feb 3.15 Ling - Glamorous Spirit - win @7/2 BOG with Stan James and others Very speedy filly, been finishing close up in good handicaps last few runs. Front runner who battles gamely to the line Last few runs have been at Kempton and she has the habit of drifting to the left in the final furlong. In both her last two races some cheeky b*gger has nipped up the inside as she drifted off the rail and pipped her to the post With the rail on her left hand side at Ling, hopefully she'll run straight and anything that tries to go past will have to go round her rather than waiting for her to drift out of the way I managed to get on at 4/1 but it changed immediately aterwards - they're running scared of my couple of quid !.............:loon

Re: Lingfield - Sat 27th Feb 2.40 Spruce - win Looks pretty sraighforward for a lightly raced type who's won his last two against some out of form or returning horses. Sir Liam could cause an upset if he gets his own way up front but I expect Spruce can cover any moves 3.50 Ebraam - EW Got on this at 14/1 EW - Jaconet looks the obvious choice here but I reckon Bel Cantor might just hassle her for the lead and set it up for a late runner. I've got Arganil and Green Manalishi as better at 5 furlongs whereas Ebraam tends to take a while to get into full stride and is better over 6 furlongs these days. He can finish really fast and i fancy him to run into a place at least

Re: Lingfield - Sat 27th Feb 4.20 Lay - Gitano Hernando Group One winner on Pro-Turf in the States. His target is the Dubai World Cup - he ain't gonna be cherry ripe today and you wonder how much they'd want to give him a hard race ? Reminds me of the 'Presvis' situation from before Christmas - he was having a prep run before the big Far East group one races and got turned over, cos he was basically having a training run 4.20 Mister Green - EW Really annoyed about the non runner reducing this to 7 Mister Green was going going to be my EW selection but I'll probably just leave it now. For the record, I have him top of my speed ratings over this CD, improving race by race. He's fit and in form. I just think he might upset some of the better horses here who are having prep runs or coming back from breaks.

Re: Lingfield - Sat 27th Feb 4.55 Seek The Fair Land - EW Again, I'm going on speed ratings - got this one top and his best performances come over this CD. A couple of the others here usually go better at Wolves or Southwell, Kyllachy Star coming back off a break, Mahadee wants a bit further. Elna bright looks ago but hasn't get the speed figs that the selection has. 5.25 - My Best Bet - EW Another race where a non runner has ruined my EW bet, down to 7 from 8 runners. I fancied My Best Bet to run into a place at least with 3 places up for grabs, not so sure now it's 2. A couple of these are older horses coming back from long breaks and might need a run. Carcinetto runs in all these conditions races, but doesn't win very often. Raptor could go Ok and Dalradian looks classy but might want a longer trip My Best Bet looks to be an improving type and is a CD winner, EW shot

This looks a fanstastic card this afternoon :D 3.15 Lingfield GLAMOROUS SPIRIT has looked a winner in waiting and Ron Harris' flying filly can gain some long overdue compensation and land the Bet Six Nations Rugby - Betdaq Handicap at the Surrey venue this afternoon. She has struck up a solid understanding with Chris Catlin and helped break the course record at Kempton for two weeks in row in January, setting a breakneck gallop on each occassion only to be collared close home. Last time out she raced at that same track and nearly held on, again having forced a strong pace, only to wander and find herself collared late in the day. She remains well handicapped and if able to bag an uncontested lead could take all the beating reunited with 'the Cat' today over a track and trip over which she is proven. 9/2 SJ 1 pt EW (3 places, 1/5 odds).
Nice one Fintron :clap Ran them ragged from the front got 6/1 on the R/F as a saver :)

3.15 Ling - Glamorous Spirit - win @7/2 BOG with Stan James and others Very speedy filly, been finishing close up in good handicaps last few runs. Front runner who battles gamely to the line Last few runs have been at Kempton and she has the habit of drifting to the left in the final furlong. In both her last two races some cheeky b*gger has nipped up the inside as she drifted off the rail and pipped her to the post With the rail on her left hand side at Ling, hopefully she'll run straight and anything that tries to go past will have to go round her rather than waiting for her to drift out of the way I managed to get on at 4/1 but it changed immediately aterwards - they're running scared of my couple of quid !.............:loon
Well done Trotter Very good winner

Re: Lingfield - Sat 27th Feb 5:25 Lingfield: Abbondanza 3pts win 9/2 Stan James With all the money coming for Dalradian, Abbondanza looks a fair price based on his three course (& two distance) wins during March and May last year. There has to be a question mark over his fitness but that is a chance worth taking. And its a long way to travel for a run round.

2.10 Lingfield All eyes will be on Mark Johnston's Atlantic Tiger who has had a couple of near misses and bids to make it third time lucky in maidens before and inevitable switch to handicaps. The colt has the strongest form on offer in the race and looks the most likely winner. 2.40 Lingfield The hat-trick chasing Spruce heads the market for Julia Fielden and the unexposed gelding has every chance of winning a race that looks weaker than his previous assignment. This step up in trip looks ideal and he is open to more improvement off this mark. Alan King's Sitwell ranks as the danger. 3.15 Lingfield Glamorous Spirit has looked a winner in waiting and Ron Harris' flying filly can gain some long overdue compensation and land the Bet Six Nations Rugby - Betdaq Handicap at the Surrey venue this afternoon. She has struck up a solid understanding with Chris Catlin and helped break the course record at Kempton for two weeks in row in January, setting a breakneck gallop on each occassion only to be collared close home. Last time out she raced at that same track and nearly held on, again having forced a strong pace, only to wander and find herself collared late in the day. She remains well handicapped and if able to bag an uncontested lead could take all the beating reunited with 'the Cat' today over a track and trip over which she is proven. 9/2 SJ 1 pt EW (3 places, 1/5 odds). 3.50 Lingfield The Cleve Stakes is the first listed race on the card and David Barron's Jaconet heads the betting, having successfully negotiated a rise in grade into this company on her last start. Tactically versatile, she enjoyed a terrific turf and all-weather season and her shrewd handler knows how to place his horses well so she is very much fancied. Arganil is another that has the class to win this race. Kevin Ryan has his string in fine order so the five year old warrants respect. He looks stronger than stablemate Green Manalishi but both are overlooked with Jaconet's sex allowance possibly proving crucial here. 4.20 Lingfield The second listed race on the card, this is the Winter Derby trial stakes and Marco Botti's hugely promising Gitano Hernando looks very hard to look past. His beating of the highly rated Mia's Boy at Wolverhampton in a conditions race read well and he did ever so well to follow that up with a Grade 1 winner over in Santa Anita when last seen. That looks the strongest piece of form on the entire card and on that basis he is the selection. The game, front running, Suits Me will do his best to burn them off from the front, but he lacks the scope for progression of the Botti hotpot, and Gitano Hernando is taken to score. 4.55 Lingfield Clive Brittain has his runners in tremendous form since returning to the track this year and was in the winners enclosure again yesterday. With a lack of pace in this race, his Mahadee looks a strong contender, but with the drop back in trip a slight concern, Elna Bright looks the one to be on. Brett Johnson's gelding has enjoyed a revial this term and overcome a muddling gallop to score last time out. This extra furlong is in his favour and he looks a couple of pounds ahead of the handicapper based on his last run. 5.25 Lingfield Another classy race to close the card and Abbondanza and Carcinetto can usually be relied upon to run their race in this grade. Nevertheless, Advanced looks to hold stronger claims than both of them, with Kevin Ryan banging in the winners and with the horse having a history of running well fresh (placed in strong Doncaster handicap on reappearance turf season just gone). Keiron Fallon is an eyecatching jockey booking and from a low draw he could be hard to peg back, providing Abbondanza doesn't hamper early doors. Summary of Lingfield selections 2.10 - Atlantic Tiger 2.40 - Spruce (nb) 3.15 - Glamorous Spirit (nap) 3.50 - Jaconet 4.20 - Gitano Hernando 4.55 - Elna Bright 5.25 - Advanced Suggested bet: Glamorous Spirit 9/2 SJ, 1 pt EW.
Fintron my son, you are on fire. If the acca goes in it would be unbelievable :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

Re: Lingfield - Sat 27th Feb 5.25 Dalradian gets a good write up in the weekender and looking at its form should be thereabouts in this. Jim Crowley ha ridden it 3 times here and won each time! The last effort over 10f showed the horse still has improvement and no problems coming back to 1m here. 11/8 with b365

Re: Lingfield - Sat 27th Feb Cheers guys, and well done to Bowles, Chris with a double and a Trotter treble too :clap I really thought I was gonna go through the card yesterday, Wizzkid was texting me after the first lot had gone in and I had the four bankers in fivefolds, with Glamorous Spirit, Elna Bright and Advanced as fifth leg's, with all of them in a seven fold. Elna Bright got done by a neck to ruin my placepot but I did land a 50/1 fivefold and smashed onto Glamorous Spirit who I made a 5/2 chance, not everyday you can back them at 9/2 when you fancy them so much!!!!