Tennis - 22-28 February

Re: Tennis - 22-28 February Hi guys, first time poster (long time reader!) Fancy Venus in straight sets tonight. She tends to up her game when we reach the business end at this type of tourney and although Hercog has done well to get this far, does she have extra gears to find? Not for me. Selection: Venus Williams 2-0 @ 1.8 Betfair

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 22-28 February

Sport Tennis
Event David Ferrer v Juan Carlos Ferrero
Selection Juan Carlos Ferrero
Strength 10/10
Date 27/02/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 2.16 (Back)
Reasoning Juan is my guy right now. Win here would be special, and I think he can do it. Last week they played the final, Ferrer hit him with everything and Ferrero still had more. Ferrero looked very tired yesterday, and wasn't running for everything, but Monaco retired after a set which should really help - also being a late match today should help. Ferrer looks in good form too, so this should be a good match, but I believe in Ferrero one more time!
Sport Tennis
Event Ivo Karlovic v Mardy Fish
Selection Ivo Karlovic
Strength 10/10
Date 27/02/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 1.72 (Back)
Reasoning Karlovic was dropping bombs again yesterday, and I think he'll have too much here. Similar to the match yesterday, I think Fish is just more likely to throw in a bad service game, and he doesn't have the returns to get to Karlovic. Fish seems to be playing well but don't think he'll have enough.

Sport Tennis
Event Ernests Gulbis v Jarko Nieminen
Selection Jarko Nieminen
Strength 10/10
Date 27/02/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 2.68 (Back)
Reasoning Good chance of upset I feel. Gulbis is playing pretty well' date=' but with pressure on towards end of tournament it's tough to like him. Also after match yesterday he said he is having a bit of trouble with his knee. Nieminen is fighting hard this week, with a couple of 3 setters. He seems to be playing OK but not great. H2H is 2-0 to Gulbis, but I think this match up can work for Nieminen, and I'll take a chance at this price.
you played against the next goat,cmon you can do better than that;)

Re: Tennis - 22-28 February What do you think abot karlović-gulbis? I think karlović will win, gulbis is young ,good and talented player but mentaly poor, he breaks in close situations.Ivo will bomb gulbis with aces and gulbis will be crazy :wall. this will be match with no play for gulbis .It is my opinion :hope:hope:hope 9/10 1 1,53 bet365

Sport Tennis
Event Ivo Karlovic v Ernests Gulbis
Selection Lay Ernests Gulbis (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 28/02/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 2.60 (Lay)
Reasoning Karlovic still serving huge and seems to be really effective this week. Gulbis too showing good form this week, but I have to favour Karlovic. Mentally he's much stronger and if this gets close would much rather be on him. Also like the Blake match, Gulbis is much more likely to put in a shocking service game and I think Karlovic will break him.

Sport Tennis
Event Ernests Gulbis v Ivo Karlovic
Selection Gulbis
Strength 10/10
Date 28/02/2010
Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 2.55 (Back)
Reasoning Well, I think that Ernests Gulbis is clear underrated in this final, it is treu that he didn't showed success for a long time but recently he is playing some great tennis with stability, the key word for a talent like him. Gulbis still didn't lost at least one set so far here at Delray Beach, he has proved a lot of consistence in his play and that is everything that matter. Karlovic has played some great tennis yesterday against Mardy Fish, he really impressed but abyway I see great value on Gulbis as he is simply better than Karlovic from the class point of view. Karlovic can always make it very closed because of his huge serve but lets not forget about other qualities where Gulbis is just clear him. Gulbis is playing attacking tennis and can serve very well, that should give almost no chances for Karlovic to break. All in all, Gulbis is just clear better player than Karlovic and now that he is playing with stability he should take this title.

Agree with your write up entirely. Would be interesting to hear what Novak has to say in response to the points you raise. Based on the link between his 'rants' and close run matches, pressure and dips in form, i've also laid him on betfair @ 2.4 for a total of 5pts for the tournament outright. I also think there are enough lively outsiders, Cilic, Ljubicic, Baghdatis, Youzhny e.t.c for one of them to get one over him before the title is lifted. :hope
Damn Djokovic :wall