** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Hand from the $3 Rebuy on Stars

Jammy

This might be a really trivial spot but i am curious to know how this should be played/how you would all play this. We are 20 minutes into the second hour of the tournament and the rebuy period is over. Both villains were noted as being pretty bad in my time at the table so far although i don't have stats as i don't use any programs while playing. Both were quite loose/bad however. Any thoughts as to what we do here? When i played this i was pretty sure i made the right move but really fancied some feedback as relatively similar hands crop up often for me. EDIT: Just noticed my pre-flop raise is weird, i thought the BB was 150 at the time. *********** # 10 ************** PokerStars Game #40008226698: Tournament #285010515, $3.00+$0.30 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level VII (125/250) - 2010/02/19 20:33:36 WET [2010/02/19 15:33:36 ET] Table '285010515 253' 9-max Seat #7 is the button Seat 1: Zigahn (6450 in chips) Seat 2: Gurthee (6675 in chips) Seat 3: dmccon12 (22415 in chips) Seat 4: Mr Meykes (6175 in chips) Seat 5: boboroseto (6775 in chips) Seat 6: kill999 (10750 in chips) Seat 7: tommylaan (8050 in chips) Seat 8: jammy27 (12685 in chips) Seat 9: TinTin_Ro (5625 in chips) Zigahn: posts the ante 25 Gurthee: posts the ante 25 dmccon12: posts the ante 25 Mr Meykes: posts the ante 25 boboroseto: posts the ante 25 kill999: posts the ante 25 tommylaan: posts the ante 25 jammy27: posts the ante 25 TinTin_Ro: posts the ante 25 jammy27: posts small blind 125 TinTin_Ro: posts big blind 250 *** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to jammy27 [Kc Ac] Zigahn: folds Gurthee: folds dmccon12: calls 250 Mr Meykes: folds boboroseto: folds kill999: folds tommylaan: folds jammy27: raises 350 to 600 TinTin_Ro: calls 350 dmccon12: calls 350 *** FLOP *** [9c 2d Tc] jammy27: bets 1100 TinTin_Ro: raises 3900 to 5000 and is all-in dmccon12: calls 5000

Re: Hand from the $3 Rebuy on Stars

Pre-flop raise is pretty small' date=' but getting it on on the flop with 2 overs and a flush draw is never a bad thing. Same goes for flush/straight draw (open end or gutshot), and pair + a flush draw.[/quote'] Aye the preflop raise is horrible, i was multi-tabling and thought the BB was 150. Would others be in agreement that we are fine to get it in here? Is there an argument to wait for a better spot?

Re: Hand from the $3 Rebuy on Stars big stack limps, calls min raise, good flop for you, you lead out bb shoves, which is fine, im calling, could be top pair trying to protect his hand from from a flush/opendraw, the only thing thats worrying me, you raise 1100 bb shoves 5k and dmccon12 calls, its alot of action and your still out of position on the hand, if your hand doesnt improve on the turn whats the plan? 7k of your stack will be gone, if its verses BB only im happy to call, but when dmccon12 calls the 5k i could fold here...and move on to next hand..

Re: Hand from the $3 Rebuy on Stars

big stack limps, calls min raise, good flop for you, you lead out bb shoves, which is fine, im calling, could be top pair trying to protect his hand from from a flush/opendraw, the only thing thats worrying me, you raise 1100 bb shoves 5k and dmccon12 calls, its alot of action and your still out of position on the hand, if your hand doesnt improve on the turn whats the plan? 7k of your stack will be gone, if its verses BB only im happy to call, but when dmccon12 calls the 5k i could fold here...and move on to next hand..
If i am honest i briefly considered flat call and dismissed it as we just put ourselves in a horrible position on the turn at times. dmccon may also clam up if the over card or flush does it. The two options i fully considered were shove or fold. My stack is such that a fold doesn't harm me overly however if i do get it all in here and win i'm top 10 stacks in the tournament.

Re: Hand from the $3 Rebuy on Stars PFR should have been much bigger but you have pointed that out already:ok As played and without too many reads shoving is fine here. From what you described the BB has a very high VPIP so his range (and subsequently shoving range) is very wide here. Worse case scenario he has T9 or some junk like 92s but open enders and smaller flush draws also make up a large portion of his range so I think you have enough equity to shove here. The main issue is the big stack in the hand but alot would hinge on his playing style after the rebuy period is over. If he's still playing his fishy/calling station style then it would make for an easier shove, but either way I don't see him having anything more than 1 pair or a draw most of the time.

Re: Hand from the $3 Rebuy on Stars With stack size I def get it in here, especially in this tournament. The players are so bad as you should have a good % most of the times here, plus you only have like 12k and if it's just the 2nd hour would I be right in thinking there's prob 4k runners still left, I def don't mind gambling here and trying to triple up. But a fold is still ok leaving you with what 10k stack?