Hugh Taylor's Method

Watching Hugh Taylor on ATR today giving out his 'eyecatchers' and it struck me that they were all the same ! And it only took me a few minutes from that bombshell to work out his entire selection methodology.........:tongue2 Now obviously I could keep this to myself and beat the prices, but as it involves some work I won't bother. Basicaly he watches all the races and notes down horses who 'travel well'.........by that he means keep up with the pace or run on through the field without the jockey having to 'push' the horse.........ie horses who keep up with the others with the jockey sitting still whilst the others are pushing and shoving. Second step is to look for horses who travel well, but in races they are unlikely to win, either because it's their first run back after a break, they prefer a different trip or surface, bad draw, the stable is out of form etc. Third step is to wait for those horses to run in optimum conditions for a win - right trip, track etc Think I've got this sussed? Good basis for a selection method ?

Re: Hugh Taylor's Method Without meaning to sound as if I am being awkward, but is that not how many punters would play the game IF they got the chance to watch every race. I thought looking for those things in a race was quite common ? So to answer, yes, I do believe it is a good basis for a selection method. Anything you see in a race that the bookies/others may not is an excellent selection method - ie, seeing a horse that maybe was caught on heels a couple of times, so the run can be excused etc. Having the time to do it in practise though, is another matter. :(

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.