Art Collins Tuesday 26th Missing Post

I quite like the look of The Dark Lord in this one and the little bit of rain predicted can only enhance his chances. The trainer has commented that TDL was set for a career chasing this autumn and to me it's significant that TDL has been kept to hurdles for it;s seasonal bow. The RP comments on it's runs last year were hardly encouraging with comments about competing in poor races but the resultant form doesn't stack with those comments. Nov '03 victory in a novice event at Haydock on g/s, the winner was said to be fortunate that Mister Flint, in receipt of 7lb fell 2 out. Mister Flint later won a couple of races and the second horse has also won since. Dec '03 didn't jump well and finished a close 4th to Count Tony who received 9lb. Count Tony subsequently won a C class handicap off a mark of 114. Feb '04 Finished 3rd to Team Tassle who hasn't seen a racecourse since. The second horse Rambling Minister has won since beating a horse rated 110, RM was receiving 10lb from TDL. Mar '04 Fell in a Class A race. May '04 Won a class B race, RP comments: This was a wide-open heat on paper, but considering it was a 0-140 handicap, the fact that top-weight Idaho d'Ox got in off 125 makes it a little less classy. That is the comment that I take exception to. The nearest horse finishing behind TDL to have finished a race is Young American who finished 4th. Since ran a close second to Mr ED which is no disgrace. 5th home Chivite has won 2 from 3 since U/R in the other. There is nothing wrong with the form of that race. At double figure odds I reckon The Dark Lord could give Lucy Wadham a first Cheltenham winner. Certainly the stable is in fine form and an ew bet should bring some reward.