Friday lessons NBA

Guest Carmine Bellini

Guest Carmine Bellini

Almost every game on the board has some sort of lesson involved tonight and some have more than one. Things that have to stand out right away: Indy/Was - No Artest for the Pacers (Injury Lesson, weak in this game) Orl/Den - Recent trade yesterday Stevenson now instead of Giricek NJ / Tor - No Vince Carter for the Raptors Atl / Mia - Trades impacted them yesterday moving Rasheed Minn / Det - Same as Atlanta Utah / NY - Same as Orlando Phx/Mem - Trade (not as big of an impact) and Injury to Miller Leaving four games not touched by an injury or a trade for the most part. Just remember to keep your eyes open. :eek CB

Guest cd3tops

retirement... after a run of absolutely poor results... constantly beaten by .5 or 1.5 i have decided should tonights go the wrong way there is only retirement from punting as an option. rugby I have wigan +12.5 in relation to basketball I fancy the pacers, is this wrong?... artest is out which will be a defensive negative and they lost the last meeting of these teams, its basic first half season play I am going on here with a gut instinct that indiana will play well. Also no bosh or carter would make new jersey look like a play

Guest Carmine Bellini

Re: retirement...

after a run of absolutely poor results... constantly beaten by .5 or 1.5 i have decided should tonights go the wrong way there is only retirement from punting as an option.
Don't get discouraged the lines are designed to be close... as far as tonight's game let me ask you a question. Do you ever take underdogs? Are there any dogs that look good to you tonight? CB

Guest Carmine Bellini

Re: retirement...

in relation to basketball I fancy the pacers, is this wrong?... artest is out which will be a defensive negative and they lost the last meeting of these teams, its basic first half season play I am going on here with a gut instinct that indiana will play well.
I think it's a bad thing for anyone to say that your plays are "wrong" however I do think you want to look for teams in better position especially on a night like this. I also am convinced that dog players in the NBA make money over the long haul and tonight is a perfect example of that. Favored teams will always get a public lean to them and therefore will fail more times then win. I believe tonight that if you take, Ind, Nj, Sac, Spurs, and denver you will not make money. They are all favorites, playing on the road, and players of Joe Public. I will be around for the next two hours, till tip if anyone wants to talk hoops.:cheers CB

Guest Carmine Bellini

Re: Friday lessons NBA Thanks Paul, we had to go a long way to get that one ;) Last Two days: 6-4 Tonight I am going to suggest a play on the following: Mid term Selection:Orlando Magic 4 The Magic were involved in a trade yesterday and that will mean most of the time to stay away from this team, but tonight. DeShawn Stevenson will be a welcome addition to this team and will see significant minutes tonight and is a point producer. The Magic also will introduce another face tonight that may surprise many people. The Magic signed forward Desmond Penigar to a 10-day contract, general manager John Gabriel said today. Penigar will wear No. 26 and be available for tonight's game vs. Denver. Penigar (6'7", 245) has played and started in 26 games this season for Asheville of the National Basketball Developmental league, averaging 20.0 points 7.3 rebounds, 1.5 assists and 1.46 steals in 30.8 minutes a game. He ranked among NBDL leaders in scoring (2nd), steals (T-5th), free throw percentage (.821, 6th) and field goal percentage (.517, T-11th). Penigar spent two seasons at Utah State, following two years at Ventura College in California. While at Utah State, he scored in double figures in 56 of his 64 career games. The Nuggets are off a very big win over the Sixers and are not good in this position. They are just 4-22 straight up on the road after a double digit win losing by an average of double digits per game. Also they are just 9-20 ATS when they covered the line by at least ten points in the last game. The Magic will beat the Nuggets tonight as the new pieces fit in nicely. If some people will be around for second half plays I will put some of those out tonight as well. CB

Guest Carmine Bellini

Re: Friday lessons NBA Raven, We will need some help. Orlando had the best player on the team thrown out for kicking the ball into the stands (twice) and so they will need inspired play from the rest of the team to keep this close. Good to see your post! :D CB The only plays that have legs here are Was -1.5 in the second half and the under in Den/Orl but passing on that one. There are two games coming up witrh great halftime potential!

Guest Carmine Bellini

Re: Friday lessons NBA Like most bettors I am superstitious and I think it is bad luck to make the 13th post in a forum, so unless someone else makes it I will keep editing this one. :D Miami / ATL at the half: If you have Miami sit back and relax an if you have ATl consider it gone. Miami is not a good s/h bet because I don't take teams who shoot 60% or score 60 points in the f/h Miami scored over 70 :eek yet taking Atlanta is a death sentence... pass here but good ones coming.. CB

Guest Carmine Bellini

Re: Friday lessons NBA Was -1.5 One rule of thumb you can remember about halftimes is never take a team on the road that shot over 60% in the first half.... Pacers shot 64% from the floor and 50% from the 3 pt line.. the wizards will keep this one close at home and are playing tougher inside than the Pacers and have more rebounds. NOTE: The Magic lost thier best player Tracy Mcgrady at the half as he was ejected.:banghead CB

Guest Carmine Bellini

Re: Friday lessons NBA The ejection of McGrady seriously hurts our Mid Term Play but it is too small of a hedge to try and take Denver here and there is no way we can double up on a losing horse, so let's just stay still on this game and hope the other players get inspired without the star of the show. Riding it out...:beer CB

Guest Carmine Bellini

Re: Friday lessons NBA

If all my plays go down the pan you owe me one!
:clap I do owe you but that will not be the case. Who ever missed the 12 out of 19 system that went 2-0 last night we have two more tonight, this is rare, but still like them both. Take: Cavs +8 Jazz +7 both lines are lesson plays :) also a Nets -1 fits a good system here... All three should be played tonight. CB

Guest Carmine Bellini

Re: Friday lessons NBA Phew!!:rollin Working hard to get all these out and place my wagers! Now back to the systems in case you missed it last night if a team is favored by more than the opening line they are a go against. Now the Knicks were somewhat iffy as they closed anywhere from 7-8 and the second half line was 7.5 -8 but I saw it as a play, the spurs were a 6 point chalk to start the game and were giving 7-8 in the second half so they do fit the lesson. A new lesson emerged for the PL gang tonight as this is the first time this one has come into play, but when a team is asked to cover more than the original line they are a play. Tonight the nets closed at 9 point favorites and are up by 12 at the half asking to cover one more, this means they have to cover one more than 12 to get the second half which is more than the original line. Any questions? Just let me know! CB

Guest Carmine Bellini

Re: Friday lessons NBA Washington should have very easily covered the game but they did cover the second half (barely :o ) 48-46 and the Magic won outright for a nice 2-0 start! :D CB

Guest Carmine Bellini

Re: Friday lessons NBA Raven, Sometimes keeping the afaith is he best way to go...good job.... The Wiz let you down but I am glad you made up with the second half play... Are you going to be around for the late ones? CB

Guest Carmine Bellini

Re: Friday lessons NBA With things going so well tonight going to move again on a lesson halftime play take the Bulls +3 in the second half...lesson upcoming ( does anyone know it>?) CB

Guest Carmine Bellini

Re: Friday lessons NBA For the record the lesson is take a dog in the second half when the favorite just has to cover the second half line to cover the original line in the game. This one is not as strong as the other one but still a good one.:) CB

Guest Carmine Bellini

Re: Friday lessons NBA Raven, Good call tough to double up in that spot especially on a bad team like the Bulls. Getting one of them is half the battle. You have a very good grasp on the NBA and I like the way you tend to play. Great job! :clap Make a habit of stopping by the "other Sports" thread we could use you! Do you like NCAA? CB

Guest Carmine Bellini

Re: Friday lessons NBA Hot Lesson: Going against a favorite who has to cover more in the second half then in the entire game. Tonight: 2-0 Last two nights: 4-0 Season: 14 out of 21 67% With all the college basketball tomorrow this one will take place again. CB