Snooker - European Open (starts 1st March)

Guest Fin090

Guest Fin090

Thought I'd get a topic started for this event as I haven't seen one and enjoy a snooker bet. Looking at the first round matches I don't see much value, wondered what others thought? I fancied Doherty but not at 1/3. Any tips?

Guest ceeby

Snooker - European Open (starts 1st March) I've convinced myself that there's value in Jimmy White to beat Wattana @ 1.73. Wattana has been struggling for a long while and can't get consistent results against top ranked players, whereas Jimmy is on form and showing confidence. Maybe Wattana is overpriced due to him wiping the floor 10-1 with Darren Morgan in the World Championship qualifiers. I wouldn't accept a blip like this as a general indicator of current form. Fingers crossed anyway..

Snooker - European Open (starts 1st March) Any idea what the Ken Doherty score was? It was a 7pm start, but I cant find the result anywhere, and my bet hasnt been settled yet.

Guest heniek31

Re: Snooker - European Open (starts 1st March) Im not sure if thats what you are after mate: "Ken Doherty’s poor run of form continued as he went down 5-3 to rising Aussie star Neil Robertson." :unsure

Guest CampbellMoney

Dott v Henry Starts at 11 am today. Closely matched in the betting. Paul - can u give me an idea of the form these 2 are (or arent) in please. Looking for a punt to relieve boredom at work!!

Guest delboy26681

Hendry Hendry really is a banker here i reckon, gone form 1/8 to 1/9 at ladbrokes now. Match starts at 3pm. Hunter is 2/9 against Brian Morgan. I've 100 on Hendry. Bonjour, Big Gerrie Ohhh ya dog!!!!!

Guest ceeby

Snooker - European Open (starts 1st March) Think you might have been right Paul. Can't actually see the play but its 3-3 and looks to have been a scrappy battle from the frame scoring.

Guest ceeby

Next round Ok humour me here but - don't you think 1.28 is a little short for Hendry to beat White in the next round? I might have taken those odds years ago but Jimmy has won 2 out of 3 matches between the pair this year. Clearly for whatever reason he is capable of beating Hendry at the moment. Jimmy can be unpredictable these days and I'd leave him well alone in matches where he's a strong favourite playing someone outside the top 16, but against Hendry I reckon 3.5 represents value. Also remember this is only Malta, the top players may not be firing on all cylinders whereas Jimmy is going to be giving it his all. In my mind real odds are more like 1.4/2.8, so I still won't be shocked if Hendry takes it by 3 or 4 frames.

Guest ceeby

Snooker - European Open (starts 1st March) Paul, you know your snooker, can you (or anyone) see an edge in the Perry/Maguire match? I don't know a great deal about the pair, but they're priced the same and I'd be tempted to think the bookies are being lazy?

Guest ceeby

! :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead Mark Williams loses 1-4, would like to see a match report explaining exactly how that happened!

Guest ceeby

Snooker - European Open (starts 1st March) Good stuff Paul, cheers :) I'd say this game is particularly prone to late comebacks - players going 2, 3, 4, 5 frames up, getting complacent and then going on a losing streak. They should do in game betting, I reckon there'd be real value to be had..