** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Maldives vs India-9th dec

Good morning all-kick off in 90 mins for this one.Firstly Paddy Power have this down as a friendly which it very much isn't.It is an important match in the SAFF championship.A bit of background please I hear you say... At first glance it looks like a mis-match and you'd think a stroll for India.However India have already qualified for the semi's but are saying that they won't rest too many players.Maldives are reigning champions of this event and need at least a draw to go to the semi's.As far as I can make out the match will take place in the Maldives.On head to heads India has 4 wins,1 draw and Maldives triumphed in last years final 1-0. I read the match report for India's last match(a 1-0 win over nepal)and it seems Nepal were all over them.A goalkeeping error gifted them the goal and India's goalkeeper was man of the match.Maldives drew with Nepal,but get this,the match officials were from Nepal!!!!! Maldives are ranked 10 places below India and are supposed to have a guy called Ashfaq(plays in Malaysia),ranked 15th best player in the region.India are missing influential midfielder Manish(not sure how good he is,only going by articles).So to sum up I'm going to have a small bet on the Maldives double chance @ 8/11.They are 12/5 to win and the draw is 12/5.I think it will be tighter than the bookies predict.Prices on Paddy Power.....good luck.....Ps I'm only going 1/10(interest bet)

Re: Maldives vs India-9th dec Just thinking about it a bit more and 8/11 seems a tad on the generous side for double chance given the match odds and circumstances....I figured it out,that actually the Nepalise officials are actually taking charge of this game and not the Maldives vs Nepal one.If Maldives lose,Nepal go through.I'm sticking with my small bet though and we'll see if corruption plays a part.....