Cricket: India V Sri Lanka T20i & ODIs

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: India V Sri Lanka T20i & ODIs Cheers Westy, I certainly needed it. You can count yourself very unlucky with the Harbhajan bet. Had SL taken their catches he would have been in with enough time to make that up :(. You'll hit back on Monday mate I'm sure :ok.

Re: Cricket: India V Sri Lanka T20i & ODIs

2 for me in the 2nd ODI tomorrow. It's been moved to Nagpur, where the 1st twenty20 between these two was played. 5pts Under 12.5 6's 4/5 Blue Square I nearly got done up like a kipper here when taking the overs between India and Australia on a 7.5 line a couple of months ago. That was the 1st ODI here and I based my stats on the other ground so got lucky then. India made just about 350 on that occasion and Australia 290 almost in reply and we only had 8 6's in the match. In the twenty20 here between these two a week or so ago, 215 played 185 and we only saw 10 6's in that match so although it's a high scoring ground, it's not necessarily easy to hit 6's here with the large boundaries. We only got 8 6's here when India and Australia played and Dhoni hit 3 of them in 3 balls. I'm taking this Blue Square line even though it's a slightly lower price because there is rain forecast for the evening and Blue Square pay out as long as there's a result, so we only need 20 overs of the 2nd innings to qualify for a payout. I don't expect there to be 13 6's in 100 overs and I certainly don't over 70 overs so I'll get on the unders here. 3pts M.Dhoni's Performance Pts - 52&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 25pts per wicket. Mahendra Singh Dhoni is a seriously good one day cricketer and he's in excellent form. He hit a blistering 124 when India played Australia on this ground a couple of months ago and he comes into this match off the back of a performance total of 122pts in the opening ODI of this series. Dhoni batted 3 in that match but I'd expect him to bat 5 here, although if he does come in at 3 that's no bad thing. He took 2 catches in that match with Australia here earlier in the year so he should be able to score with both bat and gloves and so I expect him to go over 52pts here.
Genius mate:clap After 20+ 6's in the last game, it takes some balls to bet on the unders. Credit to you Kev, super calls.

Re: Cricket: India V Sri Lanka T20i & ODIs The 3rd ODI is at Cuttack tomorrow and all things suggest that run scoring will not be as easy as in previous games. Added to the fact that big players for both sides are missing (Dhoni banned, Matthews injured) I'm thinking this one is quite difficult to call. Gut feeling says under 8.5 sixes (or a better line if anyone can find one) but I will wait for the master of this particular bet to give his opinion :)

Re: Cricket: India V Sri Lanka T20i & ODIs Your gut instinct is spot on I think Westy. It's a max bet for me too. I'm going with 2. 3pts Sri Lanka to win 3rd ODI 11/10 Bet365 Sri Lanka are going well since the tests have finished. They shared the twenty20 series which they would have won but for a record twenty20 international chase and they are 1-1 in this ODI series but they will know they should be 2-0 up. They were well on course for chasing 400+ in the opening ODI but fell apart in the last few overs but they put that behind them to chase down over 300 in the 2nd ODI and should be coming in here full of confidence. The main reason I like Sri Lanka here is India's captain, Dhoni, is banned for this match and I'm a big fan of taking on part-time or new captains in limited overs cricket. Sehwag will skipper the Indians who should have Yuvraj back. Angelo Mathews is missing for Sri Lanka but Newon Kulasekera could well come back which would be a decent replacement with the ball. Then there's Mendis who is due to turn up. I think SL have played the better cricket in the series to date and while they are still odds against I'll take them to follow up their win in Nagpur and take a 2-1 lead in the series with a win here in Cuttack. 10pts Under 8.5 6's Evs Blue Square Given that there were only 7 6's in Nagpur last time out, this line looked a big line before I looked further into it. Having looked into it further it's huge. There have been 14 ODI's on this ground and the most amount of 6's there have ever been here is 6 and that was in the 1st ever game here. Since then, there hasn't been a single match with more than 4 6's between two big sides (the only one with 5 was India vs Zimbabwe). The only time there has been a score of over 300 here was when India played Zimbabwe so everything suggests it's harder to score here so we could get a 250 vs 250 game. The last 4 matches on this ground have had 6's totalling 2, 3, 3 and 2 so the last 3 matches put together haven't covered this line so it's very much a bet on the unders for me here and a maximum bet at that.

Re: Cricket: India V Sri Lanka T20i & ODIs India v Sri Lanka - 4th ODI 24 Dec 08:30 Eden Gardens, Kolkata

This ground has hosted 21 ODI's since the very 1st ODI here in Feb 1987 and the last ODI played here in Feb 2007 where it ended as no result due to rain.

The amount of 6's here is a bet I'd be interested in, however at the time of posting Bookmakers do not have this market yet! In the last 10 ODI's here we have figures of: 0 (rained off), 1, 9, 3, 5, 2, 6, 0, 8, 1 So if Bookmakers play a line of 8.5 like the last ODI then Under would definitely be the call! ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Highest Opening Partnership: Sri Lanka @1.91 Bet365 Sri Lanka have won this battle in the last 3 ODI's racking up 188, 102 & 65 opening partnerships and I see no reason for change. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Top Sri Lankan Batsman: U Tharanga @5.00 Paddypower A decent price for the Sri Lankan opener who has performed with credit so far in the previous 3 ODI's, topping it off with a top score in the 3rd ODI of 73, his previous 2 knocks were 67 & 37. The danger here is if Dilshan gets into his rhythm however the Indians have Nehra who has managed to dismiss Dilshan in the last 2 ODI's and a I can see India deploying him early on after his success v Dilshan. -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Cricket: India V Sri Lanka T20i & ODIs Team to score most 6's: Sri Lanka @2.50 Paddypower Reasoning here is that India will miss Dhoni who contributed 3 x 6's in the 1st ODI & 2 x 6's in the 2nd ODI and Sri Lanka won this encounter in the 3rd ODI after drawing the 2nd & losing the 1st when Dhoni was contributing. Sri Lanka also have some decent hitters at the top of their order and the likes of Malinga lower down. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Top India Batsman: Yuvraj Singh @6.00 Bet365 Singh has done well here before and has top scored in India's last 2 completed ODI's at this venue - with 53 v S. Africa & 78 v Pakistan. :ok

Re: Cricket: India V Sri Lanka T20i & ODIs Total Sixes: Under 7.5 @1.91 Paddypower The pitch here is expected to play slow and low because of the dew factor and the local time start is about 2.30pm. With important players who can hit the ball a long way now missing on both sides and history at this venue the under bet has to be the call. Top Indian Batsman: V Sehwag @4.00 Skybet Sehwag has had one brilliant knock in the 1st ODI topscoring with 146 & a decent 44 in the 3rd ODI. It really was a toss up between Tendulkar & Sehwag for this bet due to their current form against the other Indian batsmen that will compete in this match and Dhoni & Singh's absence. It will be important if India want to win the series here that the openers put up a decent total. I chose Sehwag over Tendulkar due to Sehwag having the better recent performances at this venue. :ok

Re: Cricket: India V Sri Lanka T20i & ODIs I agree with Jonesy on Sehwag to top score. He knows its not a big hitting pitch and as captain he should play a proper knock instead of his usual hitting everything for a boundary and stupidly getting out for 40ish innings.

I agree with Jonesy on Sehwag to top score. He knows its not a big hitting pitch and as captain he should play a proper knock instead of his usual hitting everything for a boundary and stupidly getting out for 40ish innings.
Sehwag only knows one way to play however! I'd be more inclined to back Gambhir to top score, he's had a very quiet series which is very unusual for him these days.

Re: Cricket: India V Sri Lanka T20i & ODIs K Sangakkara performance points 56 & Over @ 1.83 bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 25pts per stumping. The last three matches he finished with points of 100, 81 & 56. The pitch seems to favour the spinners more so Mendis or Randiv could get Sanga a stumping or two. Its also not a pitch for runs and if Dilshan or Tharanga go early I think Sangakarra knows when to play slowly or fast and he could easily clear this line with just the runs alone. Any player to get a ceuntry @ 2.5 williamhill The last three ODI's at Kolkatta have resulted in at least one player from either team getting a century (Jayasuriya 63* (match abanded after 18 overs),G Smith 134*, S Butt 108*). I think odds of 2.5 is very high especially with players like Dilshan, Sangakakra, Tendulkar, Sehwag all in good form.

Re: Cricket: India V Sri Lanka T20i & ODIs Taking a slightly different tact on this 4th ODI. Something about the 6's line doesn't sit right with me, not least the fact it was basically given to the bookies on a plate. Just got a nagging doubt about it. I'll go with 2 others though. 4pts Sri Lanka Highest 1st 15 overs 10/11 Betfred Amazingly enough, Sri Lanka have won the 15 over match in all 3 of the opening 3 ODI's and that's despite Sehwag making 146 in the opening game. Dilshan is in superb form but even in the event he falls early, Kumar Sangakkara is playing as well as ever at the minute. India's opening bowlers have been all over the shop in this series so far and it surprises me Ashish Nehra hasn't been given the new ball in the last 2 matches. India will always score quickly in the opening 15 overs but Sangakkara rotates his bowlers well and sets good fields, something which Sehwag as a stand in captain may not do. Dilshan and Tharanga are in excellent nick at the minute and I think they'll lead Sri Lanka to their 4th 15 over win in a row. 3pts D.Karthik's Performance Pts - 35&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 25pts per stumping. Dinesh Karthik is an underrated cricketer. He can bat and batting at 5 in this Indian lineup makes this line look a bit low. Dhoni is a good batsman but his lines are always around and above 50. I'm not sure the difference is that big. Karthik comes in here off the back of a 77pt performance in the last match and I expect similar here. Looking at the previous games here and keepers have been involved with catches and stumpings suggesting that the slow wicket forecast here could be a myth. I'm happy to take this line though because I think he can cover it with the bat. Catches and stumpings will be a bonus so I'm on the overs here.

Re: Cricket: India V Sri Lanka T20i & ODIs To win the 4th ODI: India @1.73 Paddypower India lead the series 2 v 1 and will want to wrap this up here in Kolkata because they will be facing much different conditions in Delhi. The pitch is going to favour spin bowlers again and this will be a huge advantage to India. And the most important factor that sways my strong belief India will win: http://www.cricinfo.com/indvsl2009/content/story/440904.html Sri Lankan players involved in security breach - reports Cricinfo staff December 23, 2009

111192.2.jpg
Tillakaratne Dilshan and Sanath Jayasuriya were reportedly partying at a bar till 2 am, without informing the police © AFP
Seven Sri Lankan cricketers, including Sanath Jayasuriya and Tillakaratne Dilshan, have been reportedly involved in a security breach ahead of the fourth ODI against India in Kolkata. The players had the Kolkata Police worried after they went for a late night-out without any security cover on Tuesday. They left around 11 pm last night, and while some of them returned soon, Jayasuriya and Dilshan were reportedly partying at a bar till 2 am, without informing the police. "It's a security lapse, not from our behalf but from theirs [sri Lanka]," city police commissioner Gautam Mohan Chakraborty told PTI. "We have told the Sri Lankan team members clearly that they cannot move out of the hotel. Despite that they have gone out getting clearance from their manager (Brendon Kuruppu). We cannot stop them physically. "We have informed the CAB president [Jagmohan Dalmiya] and both the teams have been instructed that it's not repeated again. We are in a little uncomfortable situation now. We have to strengthen our arrangements now to plug the loopholes to ensure the security is foolproof." However, the Sri Lankan team management have denied the claims. The seriousness of the issue is highlighted by the fact that Sri Lanka have faced security threats before. Masked terrorists attacked the team bus carrying Sri Lanka's cricketers to the Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore in March this year. Five cricketers, including Mahela Jayawardene, the captain, and Kumar Sangakkara, his deputy, received minor injuries. Ajantha Mendis, Thilan Samaraweera and Tharanga Paravitarana were also injured in the attack which killed six security men and two civilians. It's not good that the Sri Lanka players were out getting pissed up on the eve of an important match! :ok

K Sangakkara performance points 56 & Over @ 1.83 bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 25pts per stumping. The last three matches he finished with points of 100, 81 & 56. The pitch seems to favour the spinners more so Mendis or Randiv could get Sanga a stumping or two. Its also not a pitch for runs and if Dilshan or Tharanga go early I think Sangakarra knows when to play slowly or fast and he could easily clear this line with just the runs alone. Any player to get a ceuntry @ 2.5 williamhill The last three ODI's at Kolkatta have resulted in at least one player from either team getting a century (Jayasuriya 63* (match abanded after 18 overs),G Smith 134*, S Butt 108*). I think odds of 2.5 is very high especially with players like Dilshan, Sangakakra, Tendulkar, Sehwag all in good form.
:clap:clap:clap:clap. Excellent stuff ani. Nice of Sangakkara to get out to a stumping too :D

K Sangakkara performance points 56 & Over @ 1.83 bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 25pts per stumping. The last three matches he finished with points of 100, 81 & 56. The pitch seems to favour the spinners more so Mendis or Randiv could get Sanga a stumping or two. Its also not a pitch for runs and if Dilshan or Tharanga go early I think Sangakarra knows when to play slowly or fast and he could easily clear this line with just the runs alone. :clap Any player to get a ceuntry @ 2.5 williamhill The last three ODI's at Kolkatta have resulted in at least one player from either team getting a century (Jayasuriya 63* (match abanded after 18 overs),G Smith 134*, S Butt 108*). I think odds of 2.5 is very high especially with players like Dilshan, Sangakakra, Tendulkar, Sehwag all in good form. :clap
won both in the first 36 overs :nana