Cricket: India V Sri Lanka T20i & ODIs

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: India V Sri Lanka T20i & ODIs

20/20 Series Betting India to win series @ 2.75 bet365 India go into this series full of confidence after winning the test series. I also dont think Sri Lanka have much of a middle order, if wickets fall early for Sri Lanka there isn't many big hitters down the order, whereas India have Yuvraj, Dohni, Yusuf Pathan etc. Ist 20/20 The last match in Nagpur which was an ODI resulted in India getting 354 runs against Australia in which resulted in 36 boundaries (4s and 6s) hit just by the Indians. For that reason im going for.. Over (40.5) Match Boundaries @ 1.83 WilliamHill Yuvraj Singh Player Performance 34 & over bet365 He should bat at number 4 and will most likely come in around the 14th over providing there isnt a major collapse. He'll have license to hit from the first ball and we all know he doent need to play himself in, in the 20/20 matches. He might also bowl an over or 2 and could pick up a wicket.
Well the series bet and the yuvraj bet are lost. However with 57 boundaries i easily win that bet so overall i made just a little loss in todays game. Hopefully i get my money back on Saturday for the 2nd 20/20!

Re: Cricket: India V Sri Lanka T20i & ODIs Jayasuriya Top Bat - 2pts Jayasuriya Performance +2.5pts Sangakarra Performance +5pts Dhoni Performance -3pts Overall = +2.5pts Better than a poke in the eye !! Interestingly, I don't think there was a caught behind or stumping in the entire match. The chance of stumpings was minimized without the Sri Lankan spin kings Murali and Mendis but a lesson learned perhaps on not assuming Keepers are easy money ! Well done to Charlie on his Wides Bet, didnt follow it, I had enough on already but a good shout nonetheless!

Re: Cricket: India V Sri Lanka T20i & ODIs Given the unpredictability of this shorter format, I have decided to go for an outside bet for the top Indian run scorer in tomorrow's game. With an injury to Rohit Sharma, Dinesh Karthik will be given a game and could even bat as high as number 3. He will have a point to prove as he is constantly in and out of the team and he has been in good form lately for his Ranji side Tamil Nadu. I will take a punt on Karthik as top scorer. Dinesh Karthik top scorer at 9/1 (bet365)

Re: Cricket: India V Sri Lanka T20i & ODIs Good luck with that Westy. Just the one for me tomorrow. 3pts Sri Lanka to win 2nd Twenty20 6/5 Skybet Sri Lanka won the 1st twenty20 so convincingly that they have to be taken in this 2nd match. India's record in this format since they won the inaugural ICC twenty20 is poor to say the least. Sri Lanka meanwhile have gone from strength to strength in this format as we saw on Wednesday. They have economical bowlers and very clever batsmen. The only downside is traditionally they are not that good in Indian conditions. India can't possibly be as poor as they were on Wednesday but Sri Lanka are a pretty well oiled unit in twenty20, everyone knows their roles and I think the more solid, reliable side can triumph here.

No value in any 6's lines Kev? Normally your specialty market!!
Not for me mate. Think the lines are about right and there's no previous twenty20's to go by here. We'll get stuck into the 6's markets when the ODI series begins ;).

Re: Cricket: India V Sri Lanka T20i & ODIs The ODI series will start tomorrow morning (tonight) and I am confident of an Indian series victory however the odds are pretty poor. These two teams have met in a bilateral series twice in the last 2 years and India have won both of them. India have won 5 out of their last 6 bilateral series' so Sri Lanka will need to perform out of their skin to take this series. I'll take a little stab at the series correct score: India to win 4-1 at 3/1 (bet365) And top Indian bowler - Praveen Kumar 11/2 (bet365) Praveen Kumar is an established bowler for India in ODIs and he always seems to take early wickets. Given that the form of his main competitors Zaheer, Nehra and Harbhajan has been iffy, I'm willing to take a punt on Praveen to take this one.

Re: Cricket: India V Sri Lanka T20i & ODIs Theres not much value in India winning the series overall so im going to avoid that. 1st ODI V Sehwag 41 runs or more @ 2.20 bluesquare Virender Sehwag is the leading run-scorer at Rajkot, with 259 runs in five innings at an average of 64.75 and a strike rate of 115.62. K Sangakkara 52 points & over @ 1.83 bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 25pts per stumping. 137 in the last test, then 78 & 59 in the 20/20s shows hes hitting form and I think he can easily clear this line with just the bat alone. But he should pick up some catches as wicketkeeper and with jayasuriya, murali and maybe even mendis playing a stumping might be possible as well.

Re: Cricket: India V Sri Lanka T20i & ODIs One for the match itself: India to hit most sixes at 5/6 (bet365) Where as in the T20s things can be unpredictable, the 50 over format tends to pan out mostly as expected. India's line up is capable of hitting sixes all the way down to Praveen Kumar at number 9 and with the likes of Sehwag in blistering form, I fancy India to out hit Sri Lanka in the sixes department. However for those following me with this bet, I'd advise a little caution as Yuvraj Singh is an injury doubt. I'd still expect India to win the bet without him but wouldn't recommend a massive bet.

Re: Cricket: India V Sri Lanka T20i & ODIs Saturday hurt a bit. -5.5pts for the twenty20's coming into the ODI series. I'm going to take an outright and a bet on the match. 2pts V.Sehwag Top India Series Batsman 3/1 William Hill Virender Sehwag has been on top form throughout Sri Lanka's tour. He smashed that huge double ton in the final test match and followed that up with a couple of biligerent knocks in the twenty20's. For me, his biggest danger over the 5 matches, Yuvraj, looks likely to miss the opening game so I'm happy to take Sehwag at this price, particularly when we consider he has an excellent record in India in ODI's and his record on the ground for the opening ODI is very good. If he has a good match there that should set him up for a big series and one which can see him outscore everyone else in this Indian lineup. And now to the match. I was going to back Sri Lanka until I saw Malinga is out. Not overly sure Jayasuriya going down the order is a great move either but we'll see. Just the seemingly mandatory 6's bet for an ODI in India for me. Taking a slight risk in a way because there were so many 6's here last time an ODI was held here but I'll back myself. 4pts India vs Sri Lanka - Under 9.5 6's Evs Paddy Power I can fully understand it if people decide not to follow me here because on the face of it, it looks crazy that I'm taking an under on a ground where 22 6's were hit when it last hosted an ODI. Fair enough, that's true and I am taking a slight risk which is why stakes are generally low but I do think the line is there to be attacked. So England and India played out a match containing 22 6's here last year. However I don't think that's a fair reflection of the ground and the history. There's been 11 previous ODI's here and 8 of them have been under this line. One of the three that went over was between India and Zimbabwe which doesn't really count given the gulf in class there. So we'll call it 8-2 in favour of the unders. Further support for the unders here would be that Yuvraj, who's bat contributed 6 of those 22 in the England game, seems unlikely to play here while Sri Lanka's gun 6 hitter, Jayasuriya has been dropped down the order and may not come in until number 7. I don't have Sri Lanka down as a big 6 hitting team and generally when they do hit a good amount, one person gets in and hits most of them himself. These two sides played here in 2007 and there were only 7 6's with Sangakkara hitting 4 of them to reinforce my point about Sri Lanka. The last game here is a concern to unders backers but I feel it's distorted the lines slightly, as I'm sure has the two twenty20 matches. ODI cricket is a different game to twenty20 cricket as we all know so I will take the unders in this 1st ODI.

Re: Cricket: India V Sri Lanka T20i & ODIs Just to give anyone the best value if following any of these: P.Kumar Top Series Wicket Taker - India - 7/1 - BlueSq India to Hit Most 6's - 10/11 - StanJames V.Sehwag Top Series Run Scorer - India - 3/1 - Coral - (10% Cashback on loses at the end of the month, if you follow offer link on site) Based on Kevshat's theory with under 9.5 6's line and the fact Yuvraj is a doubt i've taken Skybets 11/2 on Most 6's - Tie - 2pts Kevshat knows his stuff (Anyone following him in CLT20 and recent ODI series' will agree) and he thinks there might not be a huge amount of sixes then low numbers should mean it could be close between the 2 sides. India might have 4 or 5 players hit 1 each but Sri Lanka have Sanga, Matthews and Jayasuria who could get 4 or 5 on their own. So I'm gonna take a low stake risk on a tie.

Re: Cricket: India V Sri Lanka T20i & ODIs H.Singh - Top Indian Scorer - 1st ODI - 50/1 - Tote - 1pt Just seems too high to me. A collapse or Harbhajan in during the last 5-10 overs could bring this bet in. He's had a few low scores recently but batted brilliantly in the 1st ODI against Australia a month or so ago getting 49, finishing 2nd topscorer and making Peter Siddle and Shane Watson look stupid! Admittedly it would take a strange twist of events but only a 1pt stake @ 50's is worth a shout IMO.

H.Singh - Top Indian Scorer - 1st ODI - 50/1 - Tote - 1pt Just seems too high to me. A collapse or Harbhajan in during the last 5-10 overs could bring this bet in. He's had a few low scores recently but batted brilliantly in the 1st or 2nd ODI against Australia getting mid 40's and making Peter Siddle and Shane Watson look stupid! Admittedly it would take a strange twist of events but only a 1pt stake @ 50's is worth a shout IMO.
Strange twist of events indeed but you'd be amazed how often numbers 8, 9 and 10 come close. It's a plan I often take. If you get time to scroll through previous series threads on here you'll see some fantastic top bat picks. Coral offer 1/5 1,2,3 ew terms which magnifies the value in the tail enders. I know I've hit quite a few 25/1+ top bat winners and I remember mdivenuto posting the best of the lot last summer when he tipped up a 100/1 top bat which came in. If you get the right players it can be a very lucrative method of cricket betting :ok.

Re: Cricket: India V Sri Lanka T20i & ODIs Unlucky with the sixes Kev but you won't mind too much as Sehwag has done your outright no harm at all :) Just a quick early morning value bet for me. With this huge score posted Sri lanka would be foolish not to open with Jayasuriya. I'm willing to gamble on they will as he is still 8/1 to topscore. He may not open but I can't ignore this price.

Theres not much value in India winning the series overall so im going to avoid that. 1st ODI V Sehwag 41 runs or more @ 2.20 bluesquare Virender Sehwag is the leading run-scorer at Rajkot, with 259 runs in five innings at an average of 64.75 and a strike rate of 115.62. :nana K Sangakkara 52 points & over @ 1.83 bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 25pts per stumping. 137 in the last test, then 78 & 59 in the 20/20s shows hes hitting form and I think he can easily clear this line with just the bat alone. But he should pick up some catches as wicketkeeper and with jayasuriya, murali and maybe even mendis playing a stumping might be possible as well.:nana
Both Win :ok

Re: Cricket: India V Sri Lanka T20i & ODIs I'll take a 10pt profit also. 12 sixes each produces a nice 11/2 tie! 2pts on that less my speculative H.Singh Topscorer punt leaves me 10pts to the good with Sehwag having a nice lead in the runs stakes for the series and Kumar only 1 wicket behind in the bowling stakes. Good start Overall. :nana

Re: Cricket: India V Sri Lanka T20i & ODIs Three for me tomorrow: India to win at 8/11 (bet365) I think India will take a lot of momentum going into the match tomorrow. Having won a sensational game after looking out of it, I think they could well go on to win the series quite easily. Sri Lanka have been dealt a few blows with Murali and Fernando being ruled out the series so you could excuse them for feeling a little demoralised. I think they will need a big effort to win this one so will have to back India. Most Sixes - India at evens (bet365) The evens offered here are good value for a bet I like throughout this series. Pretty much the same reasons as last time round so won't need to add too much to this. Harbhajan 31 points and over at 5/6 (bet365) In the midst of the carnage of the last match 'Bhajji' bowled really well taking 2 wickets at under 6 an over. I think he also has a lot to offer with the bat if given a chance so I'm backing over 30 points for this one.

Re: Cricket: India V Sri Lanka T20i & ODIs 2 for me in the 2nd ODI tomorrow. It's been moved to Nagpur, where the 1st twenty20 between these two was played. 5pts Under 12.5 6's 4/5 Blue Square I nearly got done up like a kipper here when taking the overs between India and Australia on a 7.5 line a couple of months ago. That was the 1st ODI here and I based my stats on the other ground so got lucky then. India made just about 350 on that occasion and Australia 290 almost in reply and we only had 8 6's in the match. In the twenty20 here between these two a week or so ago, 215 played 185 and we only saw 10 6's in that match so although it's a high scoring ground, it's not necessarily easy to hit 6's here with the large boundaries. We only got 8 6's here when India and Australia played and Dhoni hit 3 of them in 3 balls. I'm taking this Blue Square line even though it's a slightly lower price because there is rain forecast for the evening and Blue Square pay out as long as there's a result, so we only need 20 overs of the 2nd innings to qualify for a payout. I don't expect there to be 13 6's in 100 overs and I certainly don't over 70 overs so I'll get on the unders here. 3pts M.Dhoni's Performance Pts - 52&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 25pts per wicket. Mahendra Singh Dhoni is a seriously good one day cricketer and he's in excellent form. He hit a blistering 124 when India played Australia on this ground a couple of months ago and he comes into this match off the back of a performance total of 122pts in the opening ODI of this series. Dhoni batted 3 in that match but I'd expect him to bat 5 here, although if he does come in at 3 that's no bad thing. He took 2 catches in that match with Australia here earlier in the year so he should be able to score with both bat and gloves and so I expect him to go over 52pts here.

Re: Cricket: India V Sri Lanka T20i & ODIs Decent 1st innings in the game for me. Dhoni's doubled his performance total with the bat and importantly India only hit 5 6's. So I can have up to 7 in the Sri Lanka innings which I think looks safe. Could be a decent day in this series for me, for once.