RP My Ratings Question

Trotter

I've been using the Racing post 'My ratings' service for storing AW speed ratings since June........ Over the weekend I checked a couple of ratimgs that showed up on the Horse Form' page because they looked too high compared with the horses other ratings - and they were both wrong, ie not as I had input them I started checking others and they were pretty much all wrong..........:( It's dawned on me that the RP is changing the ratings that I input I've tried to figure out if they're adjusting them for weight for age, changes in ORs, weight carried in races entered...........but I'm at a complete loss. All i know is that 5 months of work seem to have been wasted as the ratings that come up on the page bear no relation to what I input.........:( To complicate matters further the changes only seem to take effect after several days which makes me think it might have something to with when horses are due to run again. To try and figure out what's happening I've input all horses ratings that ran on Saturday as '2'...........I don't know how long it will be before they are changed but I'll keep my eye on it............ Has anybody had similar experience or any understanding of why the ratings get amended after you've input them

Re: RP My Ratings Question

I've been using the Racing post 'My ratings' service for storing AW speed ratings since June........ Over the weekend I checked a couple of ratimgs that showed up on the Horse Form' page because they looked too high compared with the horses other ratings - and they were both wrong, ie not as I had input them I started checking others and they were pretty much all wrong..........:( It's dawned on me that the RP is changing the ratings that I input I've tried to figure out if they're adjusting them for weight for age, changes in ORs, weight carried in races entered...........but I'm at a complete loss. All i know is that 5 months of work seem to have been wasted as the ratings that come up on the page bear no relation to what I input.........:( To complicate matters further the changes only seem to take effect after several days which makes me think it might have something to with when horses are due to run again. To try and figure out what's happening I've input all horses ratings that ran on Saturday as '2'...........I don't know how long it will be before they are changed but I'll keep my eye on it............ Has anybody had similar experience or any understanding of why the ratings get amended after you've input them
It seems to me you can input two ratings. One for an actual horse - where you input on the horses form page. Then if you rate a race it calculates that run from the master horse. Do you think this is where the problem is? I'm no expert on it, but I found the it a little confusing also, which is why I used my own documents for my juvenile ratings.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.