Who's the best cash game player on PL? (in the eyes of PTR) - Is it GaF(70)?

GaF

Re: Who's the best cash game player on PL? (in the eyes of PTR) - Is it Villagio(63)? I decided to get PlatinumStar VIP this weekend on Pokerstars (with their 10% promo) - just checked my Stars PTR and its showing as 68 :loon No idea what it was before, but I'm amazed its jumped to that....

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Who's the best cash game player on PL? (in the eyes of PTR) - Is it Villagio(63)?

I decided to get PlatinumStar VIP this weekend on Pokerstars (with their 10% promo) - just checked my Stars PTR and its showing as 68 :loon No idea what it was before' date=' but I'm amazed its jumped to that....[/quote'] Nice one matey. What games you been playing and have you been winning then.

Re: Who's the best cash game player on PL? (in the eyes of PTR) - Is it Villagio(63)? I've been playing NL50 Heads Up Cash. According to HM2, which I dont fully trust (there seem a few inconsistencies), I've played 2,253 hands for a profit of $209.55 at the rate of 18.6 BB/100.

Re: Who's the best cash game player on PL? (in the eyes of PTR) - Is it Villagio(63)? You're more of an MTT player arent you? I dont think its unusual for players to be significantly better at Tourneys than Cash (or vice versia) - I think they require pretty different mentalities

Re: Who's the best cash game player on PL? (in the eyes of PTR) - Is it Villagio(63)? I have always been a better SnG/HU player and been adapting to MTTs of late so your right cash isn't my strongest. But if you look at my biggest pots on stars lost some in sick fashion 1 cooler set vs set at 50NL and 3 outted in another 50NL all in pot HU. and as a massive favourite in a big-ish 25PLO pot I'm guessing is weighted a bit as normally play micros that said i'm a very weak cash game player

• 1 month later...

Re: Who's the best cash game player on PL? (in the eyes of PTR) - Is it Villagio(63)?

I decided to get PlatinumStar VIP this weekend on Pokerstars (with their 10% promo) - just checked my Stars PTR and its showing as 68 :loon No idea what it was before' date=' but I'm amazed its jumped to that....[/quote'] Have got back into a little cash HU on stars again this week - played 1,796 hands over the last 6 days and just checked my PTR to see I've broken the 70 barrier :)

Re: Who's the best cash game player on PL? (in the eyes of PTR) - Is it GaF(70)? lol - here we go again :p You're right - I really dont rate myself as a decent player - BUT in conflict to that I really do believe that results are the ultimate scorecard in poker - what happens over a week is irelevent - but what happens over 50k hands (which is what PTR has tracked for me) is I believe pretty significant (all be it, not totally, and statistically conclusive). And I'm caught with this paradox - when I look at what I do, I dont think I do anything especially clever or special and cannot believe that what I'm doing is "better than average" - but if I were looking at my results with a different players name on top, I'd think that they were God :p

Re: Who's the best cash game player on PL? (in the eyes of PTR) - Is it GaF(70)?

but if I were looking at my results with a different players name on top' date=' I'd think that they were God :p[/quote'] Bah - I started to get a little bit of belief and confidence yesterday .... the result? I've lost over 8 buy ins today in under 500 hands!! Whilst that's could easily well be within the realms of "variance" - I dont put it down to variance - because of my confidence, something changes in my game and I get slaughtered - i dont feel I can beat my opponents (compared to yesterday when I didn't feel I could lose to my opponents!) ... this always seems to happen when I start to build confidence .... I wish I knew what I was changing.... :sad Rating down to 59 (and now most definitely not a contender to be "the best cash game player on PL")!!!

Re: Who's the best cash game player on PL? (in the eyes of PTR) - Is it GaF(70)? This is exactly what happens to me :ok I kill a level move up a level and get battered. Thats the secret work out where your going wrong during those losing sessions i guess.

Re: Who's the best cash game player on PL? (in the eyes of PTR) - Is it GaF(70)? My PTR stats are a wreck imo. And PTR havnt even recorded all my hands when my losses are even higher! Took a break from ipoker for a bit and went on entraction to find some fishies, but my HUD won't work on entraction and i didnt want to screw up my entire postgresql and PT3 along with all my hand historys and databases... took me ages to get it going! So im playing w/o a HUD on entraction!! still, not making losses playing there! Anyone bother checking my PTR stats? I believe its on COLD at 20 atm. I was on WARM 50 at one point!

Re: Who's the best cash game player on PL? (in the eyes of PTR) - Is it GaF(70)?

This is exactly what happens to me :ok I kill a level move up a level and get battered. Thats the secret work out where your going wrong during those losing sessions i guess.
Well well i did pretty well at 20nl and decided to move to 50nl after about 20k hands with 2BB loss at 20nl. (Ik i shouldnt have moved up) mainly moved up because some donkey at 20nl kept calling paint on the turn with gutshots and bottom pair (he must have some serious read on me) and i slow down on river and he gets cheap showdown with his dirty bottom pair. but anyways all is going well at 50nl until i get dealt AKs and bumped PF into AA. there goes my delicate bankroll of 20 buyins to play at 50nl so back to 20nl i go... and lost. Never managed to climb back up. A very intersting statistic in my PT3 database is that after 150k hands im a LOSER with AKs AKo QQ, but not with AAKK(obv or id go play video poker), JJ KQ KJ QJ... so im either very unlucky in coinflips, get bad beats or im overplaying these hands. But at this rate of having lost $560 with AK (more than any other hand) i'd better go oh s**** its AK better fold it PF.