Musselburgh - Sunday 22nd November

ken678

Musselburgh: 1:25 - Tazbar - Lay - Betdaq - Available - £159 @ 1.49, £151 @ 1.51 Perfectly good horse (on hurdles form) but 1.51 on its debut over fences on the (at least) soft. I think not!!!! Not saying it ca'nt or won't win but this is another of those silly prices. It I could find one a day like this to lay then, despite the set-back from time to time, would be confident of showing a decent profit.

Re: Musselburgh - Sunday 22nd November Musselburgh: 12:15 - Annie May - LAY 3 - Betfair - £2,000 available at 3 - other scraps available from 2.78 Indeed Annie May (win) but so quite easily and with equal claims could any of the top five in the betting - which by my maths makes the price 5 not 3 (and it will be quite a deal shorter than that when the market is more fully formed). Another position I think where the price is simply too skinny and should be taken on,

Re: Musselburgh - Sunday 22nd November I have managed to get a couple of free tickets to todays meeting so i'll be off there shortly with the old fella . Ken, i know what your saying about TAZBAR but he is different class to the other 4 and imo 1.5 is a bit of a steal !!!! Mind you unless i find the first 2 winners i don't think i'll be touhing the race .:lol

Re: Musselburgh - Sunday 22nd November 15:10 - Or de Grugy @ 16/1 Hillls (bog) E-W Was going well enough LTO and looked in contention when he got the fence wrong and was brought down, ran adecent race at Wetherby run before when 3rd, distance win under the belt over hurdles, can bounce back from fall here.

Re: Musselburgh - Sunday 22nd November Have a good day JTW ;) good luck! 12.50 Musselburgh Border tale ran his lifetime best last time out when only beaten a short head, although put up 4lb for that effort claimer takes off a useful 5lb and if in same mood should run well again today. Concern would be if too much rain has got into the ground has never won on anything slower than good/soft. 0.25pt e/w border tale 8/1 bet365 2.00 Musselburgh Tough handicap with many coming back from a flat season (all rather uninspiring to be honest) and may have more up there sleeves than perhaps they have shown of late, Theres also a few lightly raced horses in the field with plenty of potential to be anything but Sea storm proved last time out the old boy has still got it when finishing 2nd behind hunting tower last time out and could prove to be well handicapped yet having only had 3 handicap starts and finished 2nd on 2 of them and 6th on the other under a rather unexperienced ride, should also go well on the softer ground conditions. 0.25pt e/w sea storm 12/1 sj 3.10 Musselburgh Native coral is a useful sort and is clearly held on to get the best out of him only having had 17 starts in over 5 years, but does have an impressive record with 6 wins, 2 2nds and 2 3rds! He was last seen pulling up when rather less than fluent in a race probably too hot for him anyhow, this is a massive step back down the classes and also receives a 2lb reduction in handicap plus a useful 3lb claimer on board which puts him just 1lb higher than his last win in what looks a rather weak affair. 0.5pt win naitve coral 7/2 bet365

Re: Musselburgh - Sunday 22nd November 2.00 Musselburgh - Haka Dancer 1.5pts e/w 40/1 This horse has shown almost absolutely nothing on british soil, but has won in Ireland and was still bang in there in contention jumping the 2nd last in his previous run. That was some sort of promise after few disappointing runs. Races few lbs out of the handicap today, but trainer clearly wants to run him off lowest weight possible to have a chance. He's entered in a lower class handicap next week where he'll have to be top weight. On his last run promise and the 3rd behind the classy Leo's Lucky Star last autumn I am attempting a chancy looking bet and hoping the horse lasts a bit more than the 1m8f he did last time.

Re: Musselburgh - Sunday 22nd November

2.00 Musselburgh - Haka Dancer 1.5pts e/w 40/1 This horse has shown almost absolutely nothing on british soil, but has won in Ireland and was still bang in there in contention jumping the 2nd last in his previous run. That was some sort of promise after few disappointing runs. Races few lbs out of the handicap today, but trainer clearly wants to run him off lowest weight possible to have a chance. He's entered in a lower class handicap next week where he'll have to be top weight. On his last run promise and the 3rd behind the classy Leo's Lucky Star last autumn I am attempting a chancy looking bet and hoping the horse lasts a bit more than the 1m8f he did last time.
Great shout Mileni :clap ran a great race and it was only until after the last that Mesbaah managed to shake him off .

I have managed to get a couple of free tickets to todays meeting so i'll be off there shortly with the old fella . Ken, i know what your saying about TAZBAR but he is different class to the other 4 and imo 1.5 is a bit of a steal !!!! Mind you unless i find the first 2 winners i don't think i'll be touhing the race .:lol
Unfortunately i didn't manage to get either of the 1st two and that 1.5 was indeed a steal . Was a best priced 4/9 on the course and won easily . He should run up a nice sequence if the trainer enters him wisely . Only winner i had was ALWAYS BOLD who trounced the opposition and one to have an eye on next time is LOS NADIS who attracted a bit of support from 10's down to 7's before settling on 8's. He went in front looking as they came into the home straight but lack of a recent run took it's toll and he wasn't hard pressed when beaten .

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately i didn't manage to get either of the 1st two and that 1.5 was indeed a steal . Was a best priced 4/9 on the course and won easily . He should run up a nice sequence if the trainer enters him wisely . Only winner i had was ALWAYS BOLD who trounced the opposition and one to have an eye on next time is LOS NADIS who attracted a bit of support from 10's down to 7's before settling on 8's. He went in front looking as they came into the home straight but lack of a recent run took it's toll and he wasn't hard pressed when beaten .
LOS NADIS runs in the 2.45 at Doncaster today and the Good going will suit him down to a tee. :hope