** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Grand Slam of Darts 2009, 14th-22nd Nov (ITV4)

Re: Grand Slam of Darts 2009, 14th-22nd Nov (ITV4) as you can see, i tipped Scotty as my dark horse, so i'm taking credit fro that,

ok group betting from me. Group a, TAYLOR 1/14, no way we can expect anyone else to win this group, yes taylor is vurnerable in short format games but he wont lose three on the spin and the others in this group Webster, Dobromyslova,Van Der Voort, ar just vying for second place, GP B, OSBOURNE 6/4, i rate the wizard he is one of the next generation of top players along with Nicolson, Wade, Lewis , McDine Van gerwen the next ten years promises great darties, he is in a group with Lloyd, O'Shea and Woods, the latter will be the whipping boy i watched him at Lakeside last year averageing 39!, O;Shea is a debutant here and could be overawed by the PDC crowds, and Lloyd will run Colin close but i think he is a good price. GROUP C, FITTON 9/4, a good player who should be playing PDC, former practice partner of the power,who has to have good players that can push him, obviously the scandals of last year will be brought up i for one thought there WAS funny business,this will make him more determined to show what he can do he will be run close by King who has proven he is a class player right at home in the professional ranks, i just fancy Darryl to edge him out of top place, the other Maish and Shepherd can only hope that of of the big two falter as neither especially Shepherd can be expected to win this group. GROUP D, PAINTER 3/1, now as you know i'm not a Painter fan all his faffing about licking his fingers stepping backfrom oche, deep breathes, just make me hate him more but i'm goin to back him against Barney, Part and Honselaar, Barney just is'nt at his best and has'nt been for ages i just wonder if he fancies it anymore, and Part he has pedigree and can never be written off, but unless he is on top form he tends to struggle and he is'nt as big a scoree as Barney and painter GROUP E, WHITLOCK 12/5 the bookies have him, Hankey and Waites at the same odds but i'm goin for the aussie he topped the DRA rankings ahead of Nicholson whbo we know can play, so that's no mean feat, Hankey will get pelters from the crowd who know how to get to him and i don't think he'll handle it well. Waites this could be his big chance to attract a big sponsor that will allow him to defect from BDO, and i'm tipping him as my dark horse for this event, Mardle dropping down the rankings and is in danger leaving Wolverhampton pointless in this company. GROUP F, ANDERSON 4/5 odds on and with his recored here to two semis why not, now playing at the standard his game merits, he has a tough group here McDine who always performs here, Beaton when he's flowing thers not a better player to watch, and Stompe qtr finalist at WC last year, but Gary should be looking at winning this group and indeed the whole event, i expect McDine to grab second spot behind the flying Scotsman, GROUP G, LEWIS 5/4 , i'm taking a chance here backing Aidy, a perrenial under achiever the Jimmy White of darts, has the ability but not the menatl toughness he HAS to come good sometime,this is a hard group Jenkins, and Ovens will have other ideas, but i'm goin to go for jackpot ho hit top spot. GROUP H, THORNTON 10/3, i don't know if Bobs recovered from his broken hand if he is he can win the group of death, Wade has'nt been winning so mch this year, and Hamilton performed well in Dublin, but is too inconsistent for me Gary Mawson will give it a shot but go fro Thornton

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Grand Slam of Darts 2009, 14th-22nd Nov (ITV4) Untill darts gets the recognition it deserves, he'll never get a look in. Some royal on a horse, sure. But the man with possibly the best hand eye co-ordination in sport not to mention dedication and bottle.... well he just plays a pub game....