Cheltenham Sat 17th October

Re: Cheltenham Sat 17th October Course form 1st 3 races 2.05 Simarian (IRE) - 2 wins from 4 Saticon - 0 wins from 2 Starluck (IRE) - 0 from 1 2.40 Picture this (IRE) - 1 from 1 Kilcrea asia (IRE) - 0 from 1 3.15 Poquelin (FR) - 1 from 4 Hold em (IRE) - 0 from 4 (2 places) Private Be - 0 from 8 (2 places) Mount Benger - 1 from 1 Boomshakalaka (IRE) - 0 from 3 Mhilu (IRE) - 0 from 1 Patman Du Charmil (FR) - 0 from 13 (5 places) Cossack Dancer (IRE) - 0 from 3 Lidjo de rouge (FR) - 0 from 2

Re: Cheltenham Sat 17th October Course form last 3 races 3.50 Diablo (IRE) - 1 from 4 4.25 Naiad Du Misselot (FR) - 1 from 3 Distiller (IRE) - 0 from 2 Rajeh (IRE) - 0 from 1(1 place) Ammeq (USA) - 0 from 2 (1 place) Picot de say - 0 from 1 Sangfroid - 0 from 1 Keki Buku (FR) - 0 from 2 Pepperoni Pete (IRE) - 0 from 1 Woody Valentine (USA) - 0 from 1 Right Option (IRE) - 0 from 1 5.00 Kangaroo Court (IRE) - 0 from 1 MArtys Mission (IRE) - 0 from 1 I am a big fan of French bred horses with course form, so certain horses meet that criteria for me. The following 2 will be on my shortlist tomorrow. Naiad Du Misselot 4.25 Poquelin 3.15

Re: Cheltenham Sat 17th October 2.40 Cheltenham I think Risk is a massive price considering he has beaten the very useful quivvy bridge and William wishes last time out cheekpieces are on again today and mccoy back on board again dos take a step up in trip but gets fast ground which he has been performing over lately 0.25pt e/w risk 6/1 lads 3.50 Cheltenham Twiston davies team are in fine form at the moment and Diablo could boost that having run second on chase debut on season reappearance gets given weight all round here which could be important on this testing track. 0.25pt e/w Diablo 11/2 vcbet

Re: Cheltenham Sat 17th October 14:05 - Simarian 14/1 Coral A favourite of mine last season, runs well around Cheltenham but tends to come off the bridle early in his races which is why the jockey booking of AP looks a good one, he should get this horse to keep plugging on up the hill, didn't have the best of form towards the back end of last year, best form came at the start of the season so hoping same here. 15:15 - Private Be TBP @ 2.25 bet365 Never won at this course but has run well plenty of times over C&D which can be important round here and not many of the field have that in there locker, good young jockey on board Rhys Flint who takes off 3lb and the horse looks to have a big chance this afternoon.

Re: Cheltenham Sat 17th October 2.40 Cheltenham Picture This - Didn't look anything special at all in first 3 runs but won here on his last racecourse appearence back in April. Don't think the quicker ground will be a problem and should have just enough in hand to prevail in what could turn out to be a very competitive novice's hurdle. 1 pt win. 3.50 Cheltenham Cruchain - Winner over hurdles at Ascot last season and won over fences at Worcester last time out on soft ground. Did not jump fantasticaly on that occaision and todays fences will be a stiffer test but I think the lay off and the champion in the saddle could work the magic today. 1 pt win. 5.00 Cheltenham Red Admiral - In decent form over hurdles and fences last season and won 2M 4F novice chase at Huntingdon on good to firm back in August. Giving weight to the favourite here but is likely to be held up and may just have enough ability to take this one. 1 pt win

Re: Cheltenham Sat 17th October 3.50 - Diablo Won a very competitive novice hurdle this time last year. It could have been a different result if there weren't so many fallers, but the horse ran well and showed he can stay 3m at Cheltenham. He was then tried in very competitive races, but the yard was out of form. Connections think a lot of this fella though. I remember their disappointment when I was at Stratford and the horse got beat that day. I think he can be a very good chaser and showed promise on his debut. Receiving 8lbs from the King and Nicholls horses and with step up in trip to suit I think he represents a nice value.

Re: Cheltenham Sat 17th October 3:15 Cheltenham: Mhilu 3pts win 1pt place 14/1 Betfred Mhilu won nicely at Perth on the 24th September and his previous third behind King Troy all be it at a respectable distance looks decent in light of that one's subsequent win at Market Rasen. Mhilu handles the going and and as one of the younger and lighter raced horses in the line up may have more scope for improvement.

Re: Cheltenham Sat 17th October 3.15 Cheltenham - Poquelin e/w I fancied this horse to contest the Arkle last year, but he disapoointed after exellent win at Cheltenham early in the autumn. I think he can be well treated for today though. The opposition is nothing special and Poquelin is very good when fresh and when the ground is good. Decent chance and could take the race off this mark.

Re: Cheltenham Sat 17th October

Did not even break sweat' date=' could this be one to get stuck into ante-post for the festival if running ??[/quote'] What race? Champion Hurdle? It will be the toughest race this year and Starluck is not known for finding much off the bridle. Needs to convince me first. But this was a nice win :ok

3.15 Cheltenham - Poquelin e/w I fancied this horse to contest the Arkle last year, but he disapoointed after exellent win at Cheltenham early in the autumn. I think he can be well treated for today though. The opposition is nothing special and Poquelin is very good when fresh and when the ground is good. Decent chance and could take the race off this mark.
:clap:clap

What race? Champion Hurdle? It will be the toughest race this year and Starluck is not known for finding much off the bridle. Needs to convince me first. But this was a nice win :ok
Couldn't agree more mate. Yes, he didn't break sweat today and was very impressive, but put him up against his main rivals from last year, Walkon, Zaynar, Mourad, then add Binocular, Huuricane Fly, Celestial Halo et al, and you will find him having to find so much more than he has previously shown he can do. Binocular didn't break sweat in any of his prep races last year, including blowing Celestial Halo out of the water, yet when push came to shove, he didn't find anything coming up the hill. Starluck strolled up the hill today, but will he find anything coming up the hill under pressure? I wait to be convinced.

Re: Cheltenham Sat 17th October Starluck was impressive, a 147 rated horse winning like that on the bridle is pretty good, but as you say RB, in a highly competitive race then he'll be found grasping. Early days yet, Starluck will probably win a few at short odds between now and the big dance, that's when he'll be best followed.