** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Advice for my bet!

toxiChilli

Hey! I'm new to this forum as well as betting exchanges.. but anyway:loon did a little £1 4 match accumulator for spanish primera league matches over yesterday/today... my selections were as follows: -Espanyol (Espanyol v Malaga : Result 2-1 - Match Odds) - (Won) -Osasuna (Valladolid v Osasuna : Result 1-2 - Match Odds) - (Won) -Deportivo La Coruna (Xerez v Deportivo La Coruna : Result 0-3 - Match Odds) - (Won) which just leaves 1 game: Real Zaragoza (21:00 Sporting Gijon v Real Zaragoza (TV) - Match Odds) - (Not settled) If Zaragoza win tomorrow, the bet will net me profit of £55.79for only a £1 stake. So considering I'm guaranteed £55.79 if Zaragoza win (they're outsiders of the 2 teams), what do you think would be a smart way to bet in order to cover my ass a little so to speak? I was thinking I could just lay Zaragoz for £1 which would cover my stake back at least should the bet fail, or I could lay Zaragoza at an £11 (10+1 to net me a tenner plus my initial stake back) stake, but that would leave me with a liability of £26.95 which would leave the following 2 outcomes possible Zaragoza win - I'm £29.84 up overall Zaragoza don't win - I'm £10 up overall Would you consider that a smart bet? considering there's a realistically high chance that Zaragoza will not win. I'm just pretty new at betting exchanges and am really looking for the 'smart' thing to do in this circustance :D any guidance from you betting pro's would be appreciated :D apologies if this is in the wrong section of the forum, i thought i was seeking advice on 'Strategy', so I guessed this was the place to ask

Re: Advice for my bet! Laying it off is probably the correct thing to do in this case. It is just a matter of finding a balance between the two returns that satisfies you. I generally like to leave a 'cover bet' as just that - a bet to cover my stake and maybe a bit more if my original selection loses. Of course an even better way to do it would be in-play should your original selection go a goal up. Although in this case I would probably not risk that. In conclusion, yes I would be looking to lay it off. Just find a balance between the two returns that you like.

Re: Advice for my bet!

Laying it off is probably the correct thing to do in this case. It is just a matter of finding a balance between the two returns that satisfies you. I generally like to leave a 'cover bet' as just that - a bet to cover my stake and maybe a bit more if my original selection loses. Of course an even better way to do it would be in-play should your original selection go a goal up. Although in this case I would probably not risk that. In conclusion, yes I would be looking to lay it off. Just find a balance between the two returns that you like.
Got ya, thanks a lot