Laying False Favourites

loocie

Hello, I want to share my lay selections on horse races. I lay false favourites, that means I am laying horses where I think the price is wrong. There will be 10-20 selections per month. Today’s selections: 2009-09-16 14:20 Sand DRIFT AND DREAM NB. All selections are lay selections. Only lay the given selections, if the odds are less or equal 5.0. If the price is greater than 5.0 it is not a bet. I recommend to take the early odds and a maximum liability of 5% of your bank roll on each given selection. Cheers, Loocie

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Laying False Favourites

Hello, I want to share my lay selections on horse races. I lay false favourites, that means I am laying horses where I think the price is wrong. There will be 10-20 selections per month. Today’s selections: 2009-09-16 14:20 Sand DRIFT AND DREAM NB. All selections are lay selections. Only lay the given selections, if the odds are less or equal 5.0. If the price is greater than 5.0 it is not a bet. I recommend to take the early odds and a maximum liability of 5% of your bank roll on each given selection. Cheers, Loocie
:nana DRIFT AND DREAM finished 2nd. Betfair Starting Price was 4.8.

Re: Laying False Favourites Today no selections. To get more information on how the system performs I will keep records of a bank of 100 points. All bets are placed on Betfair when I post them here in the thread. Many of the selection will have a bigger Betfair starting price than the early price. I will use a liability of 5% of the bank per selection. The liability will be raised at the start of every month. For example if I start with 100 points and make 10 points profit a month, then I will use a liability of 5.5 points the next month per selection. Stats: Won/Loss: 1/0 Strike rate: 100% Starting bank: 100 points Current bank: 101.28 points Current liability per selection: 5 points Cheers, Loocie

Hello, todays selection: :nana 2009-09-18 15:40 Newm ROBINSON CRUSO Lay at 4.5 finshed 6th. Profit: +1.36 points Cheers, Loocie
Stats: Won/Loss: 2/0 Strike rate: 100% Starting bank: 100 points Current bank: 102.64 points Current liability per selection: 5 points

Hello, Today's selection: :clap 2009-09-23 15:00 Perth BEIDH TINE ANSEO Lay at 3.55 (Betfair) finished 5th. +1.96 Cheers, Loocie
Stats: Won/Loss: 3/0 Strike rate: 100% Starting bank: 100 points Current bank: 104.50 points Current liability per selection: 5 points Cheers, Loocie

Hello, Todays selection: :clap 2009-10-01 14:35 Newm BRANNAGH Lay @4.4 on Betfair finished 3rd. Staked: 1.54 Liability: 5.25 PL: 1.47 Cheers, Loocie
Stats: Won/Loss: 4/0 Strike rate: 100% Starting bank: 100 points Current bank: 105.97 points Current liability per selection: 5.25 points Cheers, Loocie

Re: Laying False Favourites Hi Otter4, I am laying only below or equal 5.0, so I need a strike rate greater than 80%. My actual strike rate is 85%. Average lay odds is 3.7. Generally the early odds are lower than Betfair Starting Price, so it is much better to take the early odds. Cheers, Loocie

Hello, Todays selection: :@ 2009-10-02 13:25 Newm TABASSUM [email protected] on Betfair won the race. Staked: 2.63 Liability: 5.25 PL: -5.25 Cheers, Loocie
There was a non runner, so the odds have been reduced to 2.5. For easier calculation I will calculate this race as a loser with -5.25. Stats: Won/Loss: 4/1 Strike rate: 80% Starting bank: 100 points Current bank: 100.72 points Current liability per selection: 5.25 points Cheers, Loocie

Hello, Today's selections: :clap 2009-10-07 15:20 Extr ORCHARD KING Lay @4.8 on Betfair finished 5th PL: +1.31 :@ 2009-10-07 16:20 Extr COOL FRIEND Lay @2.28 on Betfair won the race PL: -4.52 Cheers, Loocie
Three non runner in the first race and two non runner in the 2nd race, so the odds have been reduced by Betfair. Stats: Won/Loss: 5/2 Strike rate: 71.40% Starting bank: 100 points Current bank: 97.87 points Current liability per selection: 5.25 points Cheers, Loocie