ATP: Gstaad/LA/Umag & WTA: Stanford/Istanbul

Lot of matches to try and win some money this week. Just had an early glance at some matches and really liking: Kiefer over Acasuso GGL over Feli Lopez.....both at Gstaad Have a closer look later and get back with picks. Note: play in Umag cancelled tomorrow as result of an accident a few days ago.Think it's a memorial day. GL! :ok

Re: ATP: Gstaad/LA/Umag & WTA: Stanford/Istanbul At first glance on the ladies side, I like Wozniak @ 2.25 as a dog against Hantuchova and prices should shorten. The big hitting Canadian is defending champ, and has been preparing there since Wimbledon while Hantuchova with her UEs and sloppy play is just unbackable for me as a fave.

Re: ATP: Gstaad/LA/Umag & WTA: Stanford/Istanbul Taking these for the next two days. Kiefer over Acasuso @ 8/13 Acasuso really struggling with injuries recently, retired from 2 of last 3 matches - last week in Hamburg against Monaco a set down. Wouldn't say clay is Keifer's favourite surface but he can play on the dirt, he struggled with injuries earlier in the year but reached semi on in Stuttgart a few weeks ago before losing to Chardy.Think he can come through this one. Dancevic over Baghdatis @ 10/11 Good price here.The canadian reached the semis in Indianapolis and recorded some good results in American hard courts earlier in the year.Baghdatis is a shadow of the player he was - lost to Odesnik early in Indianapolis and looks there for the taking today. Chakvetadze over Kirilenko @ 4/6 Neither player playing alot recently or that well.Chakvetadze has a 3-2 h2h record and has played well here in the past - she won the tournament in 2007 and reached the quarters last year.Should be a competitive match but think she can take this. GL!

Re: ATP: Gstaad/LA/Umag & WTA: Stanford/Istanbul

SportTennis
EventJan Hernych v Flavio Cipolla
SelectionLay Flavio Cipolla (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date27/07/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.45 (Lay)
ReasoningThis should be even match, but big price movement disagrees. Rumours of wrist injury that Cipolla has struggled with recently explains the movement. Both poor form, but this is good opportunity for Hernych as Cipolla clearly not 100%.

SportTennis
EventChris Guccione v Kevin Kim
SelectionChris Guccione
Strength10/10
Date27/07/2009
Bookmaker/PriceStan James @ 1.72 (Back)
ReasoningGuccione was on bad run of form but then won Aptos challenger and looked to be playing well. Lost first round last week but put that down to week before. Now he has chance at ATP level to get ranking back up. Kevin Kim struggling for form and on hard courts expect Guccione to have too much power!
SportTennis
EventJesse Levine v Bobby Reynolds
SelectionLay Bobby Reynolds (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date27/07/2009
ReasoningThis looks good opportunity for Levine. He is showing solid form despite missing a lot of serves he should be too strong here. Reynolds is in very bad form and has not won a match since March! Cannot see him troubling Levine at all.

SportTennis
EventAgnieszka Radwanska v Sorana Cirstea
SelectionLay Sorana Cirstea (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date27/07/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.75 (Lay)
ReasoningI cannot see Cirstea having success here. She show improvement on clay this season and play very well, but hard court game still not sure. Radwanska is much better player and is excellent on hard courts. Radwanska has not played since Wimbledon but I am still confident of victory.
SportTennis
EventMaria Elena Camerin v Ipek Senoglu
SelectionMaria Elena Camerin -6 games
Strength10/10
Date27/07/2009
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.76 (Back)
ReasoningCamerin is so much better player, this should be easy. She played pretty well last week in Slovenia and this should be massacre! Senoglu is a nobody, last activity in 2008. She gets wildcard but cannot see her keeping this close.
SportTennis
EventAlisa Kleybanova v Melinda Czink
SelectionAlisa Kleybanova -3 games
Strength10/10
Date27/07/2009
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.92 (Back)
ReasoningKleybanova on the way up, and much better player on hard courts. Both come into match with reasonable form. Kleybanova should be able to overpower Czink and cover the handicap no problem.

Re: ATP: Gstaad/LA/Umag & WTA: Stanford/Istanbul Czink is carrying an achilles tendon injury which caused her to withdraw from the Ordina open last month. She did play Wimbledon but went out to Mauresmo in the first round.

SportTennis
EventMonica Niculescu v Meghann Shaughnessy
SelectionLay Mrghann Shaughnessy (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date27/07/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.05 (Lay)
ReasoningThis looks like good opportunity. Shaughnessy had injury problems last year, and this is her first match this year. Surely she be rusty and struggled in this match. Niculescu is OK, can be solid player and fully expect her to win. Can lay at under bookmakers best price so looks good opportunity.

SportTennis
EventElena Dementieva v Anne Keothavong
SelectionAnne Keothavong +6 games
Strength10/10
Date27/07/2009
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.14 (Back)
ReasoningThis looks like good price with good plus of games. Keothavong is good player, on edge of top 50. She was excellent earlier in the year, but then form seemed to dip. She didn't do well on grass but maybe that was the pressure of Wimbledon. Not back on hard courts she has chance to get form back again. Dementieva excellent player of course, but first match since Wimbledon maybe slow start. Good chance to cover handicap I think.

SportTennis
EventRobert Kendrick v Vince Spadea
SelectionLay Vince Spadea (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date27/07/2009
ReasoningSpadea is old, out of shape and close to retiring. Cannot see him getting much out of this game with Kendrick. Kendrick has great groundstrokes, is a fighter and this looks like another tame defeat for Spadea before he retires.

Re: ATP: Gstaad/LA/Umag & WTA: Stanford/Istanbul J.Georges - M.Zec Peskiric (set 2:0) 2.4@Orakulas 8/10!!! Pesikiric is completely clay player! ! Georges is a hard player, good strong serve and good play at the baseline! Georges have won this year h2h on clay, on hard o don't see Peskiric to win any set!! gl :hope

SportTennis
EventPaul-Henri Mathieu v Marcos Daniel
SelectionLay Marcos Daniel (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date28/07/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.00 (Lay)
ReasoningMathieu should be good here. He did well last week reaching the final, and has done well on these quick courts winning the title in past. Daniel OK player, but not at Mathieus level. He also has strange schedule, playing in Italy, then Newport, then Bogota, then Indianapolis and now back to Europe for Gstaad. That's a lot of travelling and a lot of changing of surface, don't think it will do him good!
SportTennis
EventJulien Benneteau v Stephane Bohli
SelectionStephane Bohli
Strength10/10
Date28/07/2009
Bookmaker/PriceLadbrokes @ 3.25 (Back)
ReasoningBohli in good form winning challenger last week. He also played well here last week, beating Soderling and taking Wawrinka to final set tie break. So looks like he likes these fast courts. Benneteau playing OK at the moment, but sometimes he just plays bad and this looks like an upset!
SportTennis
EventKristof Vliegen v Thomaz Belucci
SelectionKristof Vliegen
Strength10/10
Date28/07/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.89 (Back)
ReasoningVliegen looks like good opportunity here. He is in good form winning challenger tournament a few weeks ago. He is strong clay court player especially when conditions are a bit faster because of his serve. Belucci reasonable player, but not at the level of Vliegen. Belucci come through qualifying but beat a nobody and a retirement so not think too much about that.

SportTennis
EventAndrea Petkovic v Sandra Zahlavova
SelectionSandra Zahlavova
Strength10/10
Date28/07/2009
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 3.25 (Back)
ReasoningThis looks like good opportunity for upset. Petkovic won first main tour title on Sunday on clay in Austria so maybe this is tough for here. Coming from that, mabye too much party, and changing surface will be difficult. Also she plays very little on hard courts in the past 2 years. Zahlavova has more experience and more success on hard courts. She seems to be playing OK, close to career high rank and won challenger on clay a few weeks ago. She has good chance!

SportTennis
EventFabio Fognini v Mischa Zverev
SelectionMischa Zverev
Strength10/10
Date28/07/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Betfred @ 2.50 (Back)
ReasoningZverev seems to be better player, so this price seems strange. Fognini in better form, but surely this seems like close match. Zverev poor last week against Greul, that was strange match, so give him another chance! Both did well in Umag last year, Zverev in quarter final and Fognini in semi final. Both lost to Verdasco but Zverev kept in much closer! This match should be close, I like the price!
SportTennis
EventPotito Starace v Simon Greul
SelectionLay Simon Greul (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date28/07/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.86 (Lay)
ReasoningGreul did pretty well last few weeks, but maybe that down to playing in Germany. Now in neutral country have to take the better player. Starace showing good form the past few weeks, and should be too solid for Greul in this match up.
SportTennis
EventSimone Bolelli v Ruben Ramirez-Hidalgo
SelectionRuben Ramirez-Hidalgo
Strength10/10
Date28/07/2009
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.89 (Back)
ReasoningThis looks reasonable price. Bolelli would usually play more clay events this part of the year, but hasn't played since Wimbledon because of back problem. Not sure about his condition today. Also this year he seems to have gone backwards from the very improving player of last year. Ramirez-Hidalgo is solid player, and after coming from qualifying, and he plays this event for a few years, I think good chance!

SportTennis
EventAndreas Seppi v Juan Ignacio Chela
SelectionAndreas Seppi
Strength10/10
Date28/07/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.93 (Back)
ReasoningThis looks good price on Seppi. OK, he had bad match last time against Gabashvili, but he missed so many break points could have been different. Every time I see Chela this year he looks weak. He come through qualifying but only beating nobody players. I expected Seppi to be reasonable favourite for this match.
SportTennis
EventJohn Isner v Benjamin Becker
SelectionBenjamin Becker
Strength10/10
Date28/07/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.30 (Back)
ReasoningIsner was struggling with wrist injury last week against Ginepri in semi final. Also coming back from Mono, after hard week maybe struggles this week. Becker is strong player and can be good on hard courts. Form is OK and don't think he should be so big a price.
SportTennis
EventErnests Gulbis v Yen-Hsun Lu
SelectionYen-Hsun Lu
Strength10/10
Date28/07/2009
Bookmaker/PriceSportingbet @ 2.75 (Back)
ReasoningVery hard to think about Gulbis at this sort of price. Especially in this type of tournament where for sure his motivation is not high. He was awful against Gicquel last week and don't see him being much better today. Lu also poor form and struggling come back from injuries, but he is reasonable player. Definately worth opposing Gulbis in smaller tournament especially when he shows poor form.
SportTennis
EventTaylor Dent v Ryan Sweeting
SelectionRyan Sweeting
Strength10/10
Date28/07/2009
Bookmaker/PriceVCBet @ 2.75 (Back)
ReasoningDent last week so bad against Daniel. Just like Wimbledon performance, serving awful and making a lot of error. I think it's hard to make him favourite here. Sweeting is not very good player, but he win through qualifying. If he can play solid tennis then Dent can lose this match himself and I like my chances!
SportTennis
EventLeonardo Mayer v Josselin Ouanna
SelectionLeonardo Mayer
Strength10/10
Date28/07/2009
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.68 (Back)
ReasoningThis looks like excellent opportunity on Mayer. He has played well the past few months on all surfaces, with strong serve and aggressive groundstrokes. I think he can keep improving and have good times on hard court. Ouanna come from qualifying but didn't beat much. His hard court experience is limited and his backhand is very weak, Mayer should be able to exploit this.
SportTennis
EventRobby Ginepri v Marat Safin
SelectionRobby Ginepri -2.5 games
Strength10/10
Date28/07/2009
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.89 (Back)
ReasoningGinepri finally found form! Late last week he was excellent. Maybe could say tired but he should be so releived to play well and want to keep going! Safin on the other hand looks so bad this year. He cannot win matches and it is so sad to see. Ginepri should win this match easily.

SportTennis
EventDaniela Hantuchova v Aleksandra Wozniak
SelectionAleksandra Wozniak
Strength10/10
Date28/07/2009
Bookmaker/PriceLadbrokes @ 2.10 (Back)
ReasoningThis looks nice price. Wozniak brilliant performance here last year from qualifying all the way to win title! She has improved this year and since first round loss at Wimbledon should have lot of practice to come defend her title! Hantuchova very inconsistant. Sometimes looks strong performance other time too many errors. I like Wozniak in the match up.
SportTennis
EventSamantha Stosur v Dominika Cibulkova
SelectionDominika Cibulkova
Strength10/10
Date28/07/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Boylesports @ 2.10 (Back)
ReasoningBoth in reasonable form, but not spectacular since coming from good French Opens. Cibulkova is higher ranked and at best I think better player. I think she'll make Stosur hit a lot of erros on the hard court. I don't understand why Stosur is favourite.

SportTennis
EventIgor Andreev v Jan Hernych
SelectionLay Jan Hernych (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date29/07/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.75 (Lay)
ReasoningHernych in really bad form. He beat Cipolla in round 1 but Italian clearly injured. Andreev excellent at this event, having 2 final and a semi final run. He struggle a little against Junqueira in round 1 but should improve performance here. Cannot see him having any problems here.
SportTennis
EventJeremy Chardy v Mikael Youzhny
SelectionLay Mikael Youzhny (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date29/07/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.86 (Lay)
ReasoningYouzhny struggles for form this years looks like his confidence completely gone. He beat Gaudio in round 1 but that was poor match and he struggled a lot. Chardy is playing very well, winning title in Stuttgart then losing last week to very good Davydenko. That's good, maybe give him time to rest so he can come to Gstaad and have a good week!

SportTennis
EventTimea Bacsinszky v Mariya Koryttseva
SelectionLay Mariya Koryttseva (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date29/07/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.40 (Lay)
ReasoningI've been watching Bacsinsky for the past few weeks and she has been very impressive. She's won a lot of matches in the clay court events and I think she be OK on hard courts too. She got an easy win in round 1 and should win here too. Koryttseva beat Zvonareva yesterday in a tough match, but it is clear Zvonareva is not fully fit yet after ankle problems. Don't think Koryttseva is a good player and don't think she win today.

is this flat stakes for u? wot u think about camerin? thanks
Hi, I watch this match last week Dushevina v Camerin. Dushevina in control in set 1. But set 2 crazy, nearly every game was break of serve! After this, Dushevina clearly very tired and lose match quickly. This week, if Dushevina physically OK she should win, but price I think is quite fair. As for stakes, I just put the maximum for sports-punter.com competition. My stakes are usually level unless I think bet is really good!

Re: ATP: Gstaad/LA/Umag & WTA: Stanford/Istanbul thank you... I do not think odds are fair though. I saw the match u mantioned as well, and I have to say that these 2 players' form is the opposite. Dushevina has to win in 2 sets or it is like that she will lose, according to me. we will see, it's going to be an interesting match probably :)

Re: ATP: Gstaad/LA/Umag & WTA: Stanford/Istanbul Just takin one today Sharapova to beat Petrova @ 4/6 Maria has a mental edge over Petrova. Alot of pretty tight matches over the years but has a 6-2 winning record. Also beat her at Rolland Garros this year which I didn't expect looking at Sharapova coming into the tournament without alot of play.She is a fighter and has showed signs of getting near her best again - both had 3 set 1st round wins but Maria can progress here. GL!

SportTennis
EventIvan Ljubicic v Filippo Volandri
SelectionFilippo Volandri
Strength10/10
Date29/07/2009
Bookmaker/PriceLadbrokes @ 3.00 (Back)
ReasoningThis looks good opportunity. Ljubicic not played since nasty ankle injury in Eastbourne. Also maybe strange to me he plays here 1 event then goes to USA for hard court tournaments. Maybe he is here for the famous Umag party scene. Volandri is still good clay court player but has had his problems. He has very nice record in this tournament and this is a good chance for him to get a win on tour level.
SportTennis
EventNicolas Massa v Blaz Kavcic
SelectionLay Nicolas Massu (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date29/07/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.82 (Lay)
ReasoningKavcic is excellent young player who is just about to break through. In challenger level he win 2 tournaments this year and has 3 other finals. Now he has chance on tour level! Massu is slipping down ranking, still in top 100 surprising! He retired last week with shoulder problem so not sure if he is fit. Excellent chance for young player to get win and points