** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

It looked a good spot to represent

Nade

Villain is one of the best regs going, plays 19/18 but had been quiet on this table. No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com UTG ($101.40) Hero (MP) ($186.17) CO ($105.30) Button ($129.10) SB ($99) BB ($169.70) Preflop: Hero is MP with Qspade.gif, Aspade.gif UTG bets $3.50, Hero calls $3.50, 1 fold, Button calls $3.50, 2 folds Flop: ($12) 10diamond.gif, Jheart.gif, 7club.gif (3 players) UTG checks, Hero bets $8, Button calls $8, 1 fold Turn: ($28) Jspade.gif (2 players) Hero checks, Button bets $20, Hero raises $50 Should i have bet again or is a check raise a decent move in this spot? Or just check fold as he's unlikely to be bluffing? I felt i was repping major strength whilst he wasn't so does it look a good spot to make a move as we likely have equity too?

Re: It looked a good spot to represent i would have bet again on the turn:ok the problem is his bet could be a bluff or a value bet with a strong hand and instead of finding that out with a bet of $20-30 your sticking in $50. dont think many players would continue to float(if he is) after a decent turn bet and any call/raise has to be treated with a little respect,especially against a player you've found to be capable. the $50 bet is also getting you too commited to calling if he does raise which is an ugly situation with ace high,although you may have outs or even be ahead you could also have little or no chance of winning:sad. he could have a small/mid pp or 10x and you have 10outs he could have a jack or 89 and you have 4 outs or he could have 3s or 10 j and your really stuffed. or maybe just a bluff. i dont think id like to take the chance with most of my stack so i would have bet out first:ok

Re: It looked a good spot to represent I wouldn't bet again on the turn as the boards not changed an awful lot. Got any history with him floating you? If you think he would peel the flop with air/a pocket pair/a ten and bet if checked to on the turn I like the check raise! It should fold out anything but a J and even a hand like J9 is under some severe pressure. I would want a read that he floats light and bets a checked turn in these scenarios though because as uber pointed out we're risking quite a bit. If you think he is checking behind a pocket pair/a ten then its c/f time I think. Basically you only fold out air if those hands aren't in his range here.

Re: It looked a good spot to represent I can see the merits of betting out on the turn but the problem is we don't really rep a big hand so it leaves the doors open to be re-raised so i thought i'd cut off the chance for my opponent to rep big strength by c/r and doing it myself. Check raising is just fancy play syndrome which 80% of players on ipoker have and i'm trying to avoid but bet-folding the turn sucks as that's so exploitable we'll just be getting re-raised a ton in future if we were to bet fold here. Check calling can't be an option that's too passive in this spot as villain will shove 100% of rivers i'm certain he is really aggro post flop. Check raising isn't great either it's kind of spewy i guess but gives us the best chance of winning the pot there and then. Villain folded pretty quick fwiw.