** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

York Friday 10th July

Re: York Friday 10th July 2.45 Look Busy A horse I followed for just under a year now, she has proved she is a real fine filly over 5f progressing from listed races to winning at Group level. Each time she has been stepped up in trip to 6f she has failed to win so with her best effort a place so it's a surprise to see her once again stepped up to the longer trip which combined with the fact she is carrying top weight she looks on this occasion to be a lay.

Re: York Friday 10th July

2.45 Look Busy A horse I followed for just under a year now, she has proved she is a real fine filly over 5f progressing from listed races to winning at Group level. Each time she has been stepped up in trip to 6f she has failed to win so with her best effort a place so it's a surprise to see her once again stepped up to the longer trip which combined with the fact she is carrying top weight she looks on this occasion to be a lay.
yeah......that haydock G2 form in hvy ground looks dubious,i know its pretty unoriginal,for me LESSON IN HUMILITY ticks all the right boxes,still on the upgrade/improving ,has the best recent form(3rd in the golden jubalee at R ASCOT),C&D form and shouldnt mind how the ground is.. swiss diva and danhill destiny are improving 3yo,s who could go well at a price,may be worth sticking in a forcast with LESSON IN HUMILTY. the current fav,SERIOUS ATTITUDE has questions to answer,mainly has it trained on?,its moderate run in the 1000g told us nothing,DIANAS CHOICE also has to bounce back from a moderate run LTO

Re: York Friday 10th July 3.20 York I think I say this every time there is a meeting at York but Richard Fahey rarely leaves the Knavesmire empty handed and his Johannes looks to hold a strong chance here. His gelding won at Redcar last time out getting on top late on to lead at the post, so this step up in trip should help and although he is raised in the handicap, he infact drops in grade here. Paul Hanagan is riding out of his skin at present so his presence in the saddle is an obvious plus. Johnannes won his maiden here several years ago so is proven at act at the track and looks to have plenty in his favour. EW

Re: York Friday 10th July 2.45 Serious Attitude 3/1 spo 10 pts This is a possible class performer here who in truth would not be out of place in the july cup. Despite a more stamina looking pedigree, she has shown that she is far better at sprint trips. Last season she continually thrived and eventually took the group 1 at hq albeit it may not have been the strongest of renewals. Then she went to the guineas as second fav only to not get home having travelled strongly. On that evidence a return to sprint distance should be in her favour and whilst she may not be 100% fit after a slight lay off, she might just have a class edge to prevail.

Re: York Friday 10th July MEY BLOSSOM 3.20 York 1 point win. Showed she was about to hit form again last time, and with being allowed to race off the same mark of 68, and with no trip and ground concerns, she should be able to go close if running her race and improving a shade on last time, as expected.

Re: York Friday 10th July 2.45 York LESSONS IN HUMILITY (6f, Grp3, Gd) I have followed this horse ever since i saw it race behind Corryborough last year at Sandown. For some reason, it is never well backed & always runs to its ability & more. Jockey Andrew Elliott gets on really well with the horse & his record is 2-5-2-1-2-1-1-6-1-1-3. The 6th place doesnt tell the whole story as the horse was only beaten 1L in a group 2 at Ascot last season. Cocnetratingon its 3rd place in the Golden Jubilee at Ascot, the horse showed guts & determination to make the running for most of the way before succumbing to the fast finishing Art Connoisuer (who bids for a July cup win today). No doubt Lessons could have got into the July Cup but this prize is much more within its capabilities. Others to consdier may be 3yo serious Attitiude who needs to show more thna its 7th in the 1000 Guineas in May, plus the South African trainer De Kokck has another raid with Diana's choice however its 4th behind Judd street last time out doesnt look good enough. Danehill Destiny is a another one who may run well going on its last race beating Doncaster Rover at Haydock, the 2nd franked the form last week. 3.55 YORK (1m 4f, class2, Gd) MARTYR & HILLVIEW BOY Think this race revolves around 4 horses, 2 two 3yo's Whispering Gallery & Cosmic Sun and then Martyr & Hillview Boy. Martyr has impressed me all season since it won at Windsor back in May. Ran creditably to be placed in 2 very good handicaps in June, can again assert the pace here & may be difficult to overcome on this track which suits front runners. Hillview boy was ridden with purpose here last month in the ladies race, up with the pace thorughout & very nearly held on to win, its 3rd place that day was not a disgrace & with Micky Fenton back on board should run a big race for scottish trainer Jim Goldie. This is a huge jump in class for runaway winner Whispering Gallery & is best watched in my opinion off this mark. Cosmic sun ran well to get 3rd at the weekend but again may find the front 2 difficult to pass.

Re: York Friday 10th July Swiss Diva 2.45 York (EW) Ultra consistent since the 7th place on its debut, has not been out of the first 3 since and formline reads 7-3-2-2-1-3-1-3-1 with the last of those runs being a win here at York off a rating of 91 on good ground. Up to 101 rating today which will make things harder but has ability and a good attitude and is worth a try at 9-1. 2 of its runs when finishing 3rd have seen it hampered or have a troubled passage so would possibly have more career wins and be even higher rated with a bit of luck.

Re: York Friday 10th July Mey Blossom 3.20 York (EW) Only just beaten a nose in a photo finish to the unexposed Fahey horse that had only won a maiden but stayed on well up the Ponty hill and looks to be back to a winning mark. Goes off same rating today, goes on the ground and has the same 3lb claimer on board today. Johannes will be a danger as Fahey/Hanagan have a fine record here.

Re: York Friday 10th July 3.55 York I'm with you bowles with the 4 you have mentioned. Whispering Gallery - Won over 9f last time on good ground, step up in trip will most likely suit it and Johnstons stable is on fire. Martyr - 3rd last twice out over the trip but not beaten by far at all, has won over the distance before off a mark of 85 so should be close again today. Hillview Boy - Seemed a bit one paced when 3rd LTO over this trip, seems as if it will be useful under 12f but could still be thereabouts. Cosmic Sun - Was only beaten 1length LTO over the trip and runs off the same mark today, stable is on form and usually gets the winners at this course. I am going to opt for Cosmic Sun - 1 pt win @ 9/2 on VC

Re: York Friday 10th July

3.55 York I'm with you bowles with the 4 you have mentioned. Whispering Gallery - Won over 9f last time on good ground, step up in trip will most likely suit it and Johnstons stable is on fire. Martyr - 3rd last twice out over the trip but not beaten by far at all, has won over the distance before off a mark of 85 so should be close again today. Hillview Boy - Seemed a bit one paced when 3rd LTO over this trip, seems as if it will be useful under 12f but could still be thereabouts. Cosmic Sun - Was only beaten 1length LTO over the trip and runs off the same mark today, stable is on form and usually gets the winners at this course. I am going to opt for Cosmic Sun - 1 pt win @ 9/2 on VC
Pretty happy with that :D