** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Norway, Weekend, 4-6th of July.

Saturday 4 July 2009 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Sandefjord Fotball v Odd Grenland (15:00 BST) 2.85 3.6 2.66 100.46 %
Sunday 5 July 2009 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Bodø/Glimt v Molde (17:00 BST) 4 3.8 2.05 100.10 %
maximize.gif Lyn Oslo v Stabæk (17:00 BST) 3.75 3.6 2.14 101.17 %
maximize.gif Start v Strømsgodset (17:00 BST) 1.9 3.85 4.6 100.34 %
maximize.gif Viking FK v Lillestrøm SK (17:00 BST) 2.05 3.65 4 101.18 %
maximize.gif Aalesunds FK v VÃ¥lerenga (19:00 BST) 3.55 3.45 2.3 100.63 %
Monday 6 July 2009 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Brann v Fredrikstad (18:00 BST) 1.67 3.9 5.7 103.07 %
Sunday 5 July 2009 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Kongsvinger IL v Hønefoss BK (17:00 BST) 2.06 3.6 3.62 103.95 %
maximize.gif Moss v Haugesund (17:00 BST) 2.68 3.6 2.7 102.13 %
maximize.gif Nybergsund v Sarpsborg 08 FF (17:00 BST) 1.9 3.75 4.35 102.29 %
maximize.gif Sogndal v Skeid (17:00 BST) 1.25 7.2 13.5 101.30 %
maximize.gif Stavanger IF v Hamarkameratene (17:00 BST) 5.6 3.95 1.77 99.67 %
maximize.gif Tromsdalen v Mjøndalen (17:00 BST) 1.81 3.75 4.9 102.32 %

Re: Norway, Weekend, 4-6th of July.

SportFootball (Norway)
EventSandefjord vs Odd Grenland
SelectionSandefjord (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date04/07/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.82 (Lay)
ReasoningAlthough Grenland have not won any of their 8 away games so far this season, they have only lost 2 having drawn the other 6. They come into this in much better form than their opponents who have failed to win in their last 9 games. Odd have won 7 from 8 against Sandefjord in the last 3 years and they should at least pick up a point against a poor home outfit.

Re: Norway, Weekend, 4-6th of July. Sandefjord - Odd Grenland In the very tight first league in Norway, there is no doubt about one thing, everybody can beat everybody. There are four teams that you could say separate themself from the rest, Rosenborg and Molde on top, while Lyn and Bodø/Glimt holds the two bottom spots. Otherwise there is 10 pts. between 3rd and the 14th spot. The homeside has collected 18 pts so far, keeping the 9th place. A position that could be expected before the season started. Odd, on the other hand, keeps the 4th spot with 26 pts, a little above the predicted area for them. Both these teams were promoters before this season, and have taken the level above pretty well. The main factor for it is the morale and attitude of the teams players, and of course the point that key players have stood up when needed. The situation for Sandefjord however has recently shown a major downtrend. They have now played 8 matches without a win, going 0-3-5. They are somewhat free-falling after the very good beginning of the season. That being said, they still are dangerous when playing at home (3-3-2). Even so the last two have been lost (Ålesund 1-2 & Vålerenga 0-2). Still, after two away matches in a row they seem to may have turned things around by playing good footy and being somewhat unlucky. The loss versus Start was unlucky (2-3) and drawing versus the strong homeside Strømsgodset (1-1) was a pretty strong result. For today clash, they have some missings though. Key midfielder Erik Mjelde is out suspended, while forward Samuel Isaksen, midfielder Samuel Camazzola while 1st goalie Espen Bugge Pettersen is doubtful because of sickness. Mjelde has been a bright light this season providing goals and assists from his position and will be missed. If goalie Pettersen is out, he will be majorly missed since he has played a very good season so far and been a key factor in nearly every match they have played. His possible replacement, Matthew Allen has nearly no experience from this level. The visitors has, as mentioned, done a great season so far. Coach Fagermo has implied a 4-3-3 formation in the squad that has worked out well. They have had the advantage of placing nearly the same eleven on the pitch every time, being able to keep injuries at bay. Which again speaks of consistency and stability. The only missing today is winger Jacob Sørensen who had to remove his appendix earlier this week. Winger Alex Valencia that has been out with a pulled thigh for a while is back in training, but this one may come too early for him though. Otherwise the same starters could be used as in the last one. Form-wise, they continue to play srong footy, having only one loss in the last 15 matches, going 6-6-2 in total. Away, 0-6-2 explains a lot. Even so, they don`t go out defensive-minded, it has just been like that. Struggling to get the final touch, deciding the matches in their favour, but also the oppsite way, saving points. That being said, in Odds last three matches they have played versus teams that you can compare with the level of Sandefjord (Lyn, Strømsgodset & Viking), and they have struggled. In two of those they needed a late goal to save the draw, which inclines some drop in form. A notion I have suspected will come sometime as they newly promoters has overperformed somewhat this season. Another point for me in this one is that Sandefjord has done pretty well versus teams playing 4-3-3 in the league. If you look away from the first H2H between these teams (round 2) they have not lost against teams that use that formation yet. This one is really difficult to predict. The (probable) missings in the homeside weakens the belief in them. At the same time they have done well at home so far, looking away from the last two home matches, however the last two has been improving. Odd has struggled some of late, even if they have collected points on regular basis. For me, after some consideration, the value is on the homeside. Expect for a few teams, the home/away stat has been much more significant this season than the last one, and in this one, it could be the decisive factor again. However, a livebet could be more recommended. If Bugge Pettersen is out, the value could turn pretty much as I know the important role he has in the Sandefjord side. Sandefjord, +0 2.20 @ibc 3/10

Re: Norway, Weekend, 4-6th of July. The starters are out, and it looks like Bugge Pettersen is among Sandefjords eleven. Line-ups: Sandefjord (4-4-2): Pettersen - Zanetti, Nystuen, Madsen, Jensen - Salcinovic, Hansen, Sohna, Røyrane - Mane, Rascic Odd (4-3-3): Arason - Rambekk, Fevang, Hansen, Hagen - Brenne, Gulsvik, Lekven - Dokken, Kovacs, Bentley

Re: Norway, Weekend, 4-6th of July. Sandefjord missing striker Erik Mjelde and Odd Grenland is missing Jacob Soerensen. Even though Pettersen is back for Sandefjord they still have some sickness in the horde. Odd Grenland are offensive with 3 attackers in the frontline. I just cant see Sandefjord snatch this one.

Re: Norway, Weekend, 4-6th of July. Saying that Ovrebo made a gift to Odd and to everyone had a bet on them in not far from the truth,how can be given a penalty like that at min 90 ??? In every match should be 4-5 penalties if that is penalty,but that is. For today i like Molde away against Bodo allthought odds are going down fast and value is allmost gone;Bodo forced to attack and Molde dangerous on counters should be the theme of the match. Bodo will have back both Ronning and Bjordal and maybe one of these should start pairing central defence with Barenburg,Molde has Hoseth back from suspension. I read an interview of Bodo coach where he says MOlde had luck http://www.rbnett.no/article/20090704/MFK/846782141/1449/SPORT02 :unsure i don't think so (RBK-Molde is just one) AW for me Any opinions?

Re: Norway, Weekend, 4-6th of July. Stabæk - Lyn Oslo Stabæk seems finally to have found the form. They have climbed up to 6. place on the table after four triumphs in the last five games. Important striker Daniel Nannskog was suspended on Monday and is back today. A big boost for Stabæk. Lyn has now gone 13 games without a win! Christian Brink, Fredrik Dahm and Stanley Ihugba is up, Johan Dahlin is back after the game in the U21-EM for Sweden. In addition, Lucas Pratto finished in the club after the loan contract, while Petter Furuseth has gone on loan to the Assyrian. 3-2-3 in the last eight similar settlements between the teams. Stabæk are favorites today, and I think they should be able to beat a lyn team that is struggling at the moment. If Lyn win today would it be a big surprice for me! My bet: Stabæk -0.5, 2040 @ Pinnacle 6 \ 10

Sport Football (Norway)
Event Start-Stromsgodset
Selection Over 3 goals
Strength 10/10
Date 05/07/2009
Bookmaker/Price >10bet @ 1.97 (Back)
Reasoning Start and stromsgodset made spectacular matches when the teams met.Of 2003 and until now, the teams showed a big offensive appetite , the games ending with over 2.5 goals all the time..start beaten 3:2 at home on Sandefjord, so the problems in defense are vizible.probably start and today will receive even a goal.but start should win the match, because stromsgodset were modest results in away matches.I bet over 3 goals.

Re: Norway, Weekend, 4-6th of July. Hi everyone. I'll open my punter's account with a few thoughts on tonight's matchups in the Norwegian Tippeliga. :) Lyn - Stabæk First a word of warning against heavy bets on Stabæk. Lyn's play has been improving of late and they always produce several clear chances, however they have trouble putting them away. Lyn was denied a very clear penalty against Molde, in a match where Molde should also have had a man dismissed about midway through the first half. If Lyn had gotten the penalty and Molde the dismissal, the match might have ended quite differently. Lyn was looking likely to score anyway until the 2-0 came early in the second to kill the game. A Stabæk "on the roll" may look like great value at almost even money, but I expect Lyn to get a victory soon and it might very well be in this match. Lyn 1X is my bet. Start - Strømsgodset Again this may look like great value at almost even on a strong home team (6-3-1) but the odds are the way they are for a reason. Start are missing some very key players to their success in the league this season. They're severely lacking in defense with Goodson and Borgersen out for this match. Especially Borgersen is the glue in Starts defensive lineup and the team has looked a lot less secure defensively without him all season. Start are also missing Freeman, and, last but not least, Bolanos for this game. The replacements in defense especially are really weak at this level - expect an offensive Strømsgodset to take advantage and generate chances on the counter-attack in this game. I'm trying Strømsgodset X2 in this one. Viking - Lillestrøm Both teams stand to make a huge jump on the table if they pick up the win in this one. Lillestrøm were very unlucky to not pick up points against Molde in their last home game, where Molde scored on a fluke almost 5 minutes into overtime. After a catastrophic start to the season Lillestrøm is improving, especially defensively. They're up against a spirited Viking who have got rolling again after a for them equally catastrophic start to the season. The team that was held to be a challenger for the title is currently stuck in the middle of nowhere in the table. Expect a match with few goal with these defensively tight teams. Last year's fixture ended in a draw. I'm trying the Under 2.5 goals, as well as a draw in this one. Bodø/Glimt - Molde Not much to say about this one. Molde are too good value at even money to come away with another three points in this one. Bodø/Glimt have looked weak at home and were completely outplayed by Rosenborg who came away with a 4-0 win earlier this season. Molde is certainly capable of an equally clear win. There's always the chance of an upset in the Tippeliga but this one is a clear Molde win for my money tonight. It doesn't hurt that Molde have won all away games except a draw at Rosenborg this season, where Rosenborg equalised in overtime. That's all for now, fade or follow, the choice is yours. Good luck with your bets.

Sport Football (Norway)
Event Viking-Lillestrom
Selection Over 2,75 goals
Strength 10/10
Date 05/07/2009
Bookmaker/Price >10bet @ 1.99 (Back)
Reasoning Viking has not won by much time at home .the hosts had appreciable evolutions in the last stages in travel, so would need by a victory on own land.lillestrom cannot put big problems, the guests won at home last stage 3:2 with start and lost with Molde , in minute 90, score 0:1. I think that 2:1 is correct score , because Viking received goal all the time at home.I pick over 2,75 goals.

It doesn't hurt that Molde have won all away games except a draw at Rosenborg this season
Wrong... 15th of june they drew away with Start 28th of may they lost away to Brann 16th of may drew with Rosenborg So in last 4 away matches in Norway Tippeligaen Molde only won 1 against lillstorm in injury time. But i do expect them to win against weak Bodo/Glimt

Re: Norway, Weekend, 4-6th of July. Missed completely with the Viking-Lillestrøm game, but the other three cashed. Placing another bet now on Aalesund to beat Vålerenga as I don't think they'll lose 5 on a trot and they have had good results against today's opponent in several of the latest fixtures. In addition Vålerenga is missing their very good keeper Troy Perkins, offensive midfielder Leigh and striker Mos. Good price on Aalesund overall!

Re: Norway, Weekend, 4-6th of July. Brann - Fredrikstad Brann at home is a very good team while Fredrikstad away is one of the worse of the whole league,i think one of the main problem for them is to have change starting eleven in allmost all the game, to have some Bosman-players and not find a real substitute of Elyounussi. Central def Gerrbrand left the team some days ago(scoring in first match for Hammarby) while today the topscorer Borges won't play being with his national team. Ramberg is also out so Werman should move to his natural position in midfield with Gashi,on top should be Everton and Johansson. Brann won't have midf. Austin,in last match away against Stabaek they played a decent game,missing some good chances on 0-1 and 1-1. Don't know if we could see lot of goals, FFK should be happy with one point also.Odds for HW are a bit too low but i think they could win this one. Opinions from experts?Thanx

Re: Norway, Weekend, 4-6th of July. Brann - Fredrikstad The homeside has really turned on their aggressive style recently, especially when playing on Brann stadium. The last three has been won, not in big numbers, but form has been good and many chances has been created. Led by Eirik Huseklepp up front they could easily have done much better, but lack of effectivity and incositency has so far been the recipe. Even so, they lately have become a more stable side than earlier, and the main reason for it is that coach Nilsen has not have any injuries to ponder about. Today, only midfielder Austin and 2nd goalie Thorbjørnsen is out, which gives Nilsen a near complete squad to pick from. The visitors has underperformed this season. However, issues with players being unsure of their future, a coach with illness and being on sick-leave, and struggles to find the net have all been reasons for the poor season so far. Last season they managed to do pretty good when visiting, but this season is has been back to "normal", going 1-2-5 so far. They have collected 4 pts in their last two matches, but both were at home, and both were against poorer teams (Lyn & Bodø/Glimt). When they now face an in-form team like Brann the task is very tough to handle. Squad-wise, 1st goalie Lasse Staw is fit again, but only 3 days of practice after his injury will probably lead to him being benched. His backup Erik Bråthen has struggled some, and may be the reason why Fredrikstad suddenly has started to leak somewhat letting more goals behing than earlier. The two other missings are also major for them. Offensive midfielder Hans Erik Ramberg is out injured, while Celso Borges is playing Gold Cup for Costa Rica. Ramberg has been one of the most consistent players for them, doing a lot of work both offensively and defensively. Borges began pretty slow for Fredrikstad, but has picked up form being a danger up front that they did not have earlier. The bookies have again sat the line pretty well, but I find value in Brann finally taking a big win today. Their home form and players in good shape should make the difference versus a weakened visiting side which struggles with many things these days. Brann, -0.75, 1.92 @ibc 5/10

Missed completely with the Viking-Lillestrøm game, but the other three cashed. Placing another bet now on Aalesund to beat Vålerenga as I don't think they'll lose 5 on a trot and they have had good results against today's opponent in several of the latest fixtures. In addition Vålerenga is missing their very good keeper Troy Perkins, offensive midfielder Leigh and striker Mos. Good price on Aalesund overall!
:welcome to PL mate! Great start from you, stenb!:ok Hope too see more from you in the coming weeks...