** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Uttoxeter 28th June

Rawaabet (IRE) - 11/2 Stan James Remember backing Reg Hollinsead 50 years ago when I was st school and he is still going - and recently seems to be still going strong. Would guess this is his closest course and I would have thought that on the book he has every prospect of a home winner

Re: Uttoxeter 28th June Night Cru - 2.45 Uttoxeter - LAY Give ground to no-one in my admiration for the AP/JP/JonJo combination and the horse obviously has a massive chance but ANYTHING can be mispriced and I honestly think this is. If it were 6 or 7/4 I would probably be a backer - which I know will make some regulars question the logic, but I think one of the quickest ways to the poor house (and I should know I've tried a few!) is taking to short prices on those with an obvious chance. £389 avaiable to lay on Betfair at 1.68 as at time of post

Re: Uttoxeter 28th June Nigel Twiston Davies to get back amongst the winners today

15:50 Sun 28th Jun Uttoxeter2m 4f 110y4Lodgician (IRE) P J Brennan
16:25 Sun 28th Jun Uttoxeter3m 4f1Nudge And Nurdle (IRE) A Coleman
16:25 Sun 28th Jun Uttoxeter3m 4f1Prestbury Knight P J Brennan
16:55 Sun 28th Jun Uttoxeter2m4Billyandi (IRE) P J Brennan
I noted Lodgician a couple of races back but would like to see it over shorter. Can lead & jumps well, just worried about the trip again. N&N and Prestbury Knight contest the Summer National, which Nigel tends to target so both could run well with no favouritism over which one. Billyandi hasnt won on this ground before but time will tell if the trainer has had a winner by then, may be worth following. Best prices Lodgician 7/1 b365 Nudge & nurdle 20/1 B365 Prestbury knight 25/1 b365 Billyandi 10/1 sportingbet

Re: Uttoxeter 28th June 4.25 Uttoxter – Summer National

A listed handicap chase over 3m 4f here at the Midlands track. The ones with winning form around the trip are Seymour Weld (26f), Bother Na (25f), King Barry (25f), Rackalackey (26f), Take the Stand (33f), Keenan’s Future (30f), Prestbury Kinight (26f), Victor Daly (25f), The King of Angels (28f), Fourty Acers (25f), L’Aventure (30f) and Sea Wall (26f).

Seymour Weld has run here plenty of times previously over hurdles, including when winning in May ’07 and placed here in a novices chase last May. He has made an impressive start to his chase career with five wins from ten races (although he infamously won at Market Rasen in a four runner race when all his opponents fell at the first and he was left in the lead!!), and although fell at Worcester last time out when denied the four timer, is probably worth another chance after his previous promise. It remains to be seen whether 135 is a fair rating as he is lightly raced in chase handicaps.

Bother Na comes over from Ireland and is 4 lbs higher than when 3rd of 24 at Punchestown last time out. He hasn’t won since 2006 though, which is slightly offputting despite a fair effort last time out. He would probably appreciate a bit of rain.

King Barry is the mount of Timmy Murphy and runs off 130, 10 lbs higher than his Ayr win in December, although he did place in second (btn 7l) off this mark at Doncaster in February. He wasn’t disgraced in the Scottish National (7th) last time out although some of these look stronger stayers.

Rackalackey is 6 lbs higher than when successful at Fakenham last time out but he has a decent strike rate over fences (4-17) and was third in this race (when ran over 33f) last year which suggests he handles this track. All of his wins have come at a lower level though and the suspicion is that he may find a few others too good.

Take The Stand is an experienced jumper that has been running in hunters chases this season. He won at Hexham over shorter last time out but should cope with this step back up in trip judging by previous wins over 24-33f. He runs off a mark of 126 here, and was soundly beaten off 4 lb lower when last seen in a handicap, so is passed over.

Keenan’s Future outlined his staying power when successful off 8 lb lower at Warwich in May over 29f. He won in decent fashion that day, but running off this mark in better company, others appeal more as a main bet.

Prestbury Knight is sent out by Nigel Twiston-Davies and has a pleasing strike rate over fences of 3-8. He is 8 lbs higher than when winning at Ludlow in May over slightly shorter (26f) but appears to save his best form for right handed tracks with all recent wins coming at Ludlow, Market Rasen and Perth.

Victor Daly has made good progress for Heather Dalton this term and is one of the lesser exposed runners in the field. The eight year old won at Southwell in March and is a mere two pounds higher here, although he was rather fortunate to score that day. He ran out of gas at Worcester last time out but does get further than the 23f he was attempting that day. A career best would be needed to take this, but he does act left handed and is open to further improvement, especially off this sort of mark. Although his recent Southwell wins aren’t world beating form, the form of his Aintree form reads well and a decent jockey booking is potentially informative.

The King of Angels is 8 lb higher than when winning over this trip at Stratford in 2007 but hasn’t won since. He placed at Cheltenham in Oct 08 off a 3 lb higher mark and wasn’t disgraced at Stratford last time out when fifth and close up to Presbury Knight. However, plenty more is needed here.

Fourty Acers returns from a lengthy break but would be interesting if there was market support as he has won here over shorter, was fourth in the race last year and was running in some valuable races when last seen. He is 3-10 over fences and judging by two wins off 4 lb lower he looks well handicapped now.

L’Aventure is an experienced chaser formerly with Paul Nicholls. Now with Nick Williams, she placed off her current mark at Hereford in March and is unlikely to be fazed by the trip. She has a win and numerous bits of placed form here over fences but at ten, after 52 starts, may be vulnerable to one or two of the younger ones.

Sea Wall heads the market and trained by Jonjo O’Neill and ridden by the champ, is likely to be a warm order. He won at Ffos Las last time out over three miles to write himself into the history books as the first chase winner at the Welsh track. He has been raised 10 lbs for this now though and this represents a leap in class from the 0-115 last time. He seems to act both left and right handed and has been developing a bit of consistency, having made the frame on all of his last three starts. Suggested bets: Victor Daly - 20/1 Paddy, 0.5 pt Sea Wall - 9/2 Paddy, 0.2 pt King Barry - 10/1 Betfred, 0.1 pt Keenan's Future - 12/1 Paddy, 0.1 pt Fourty Acers - 8/1 Paddy, 0.1 pt

Re: Uttoxeter 28th June Uttoxeter 16:25 - Fourty Acers 8/1 Sportingbet Obviuously like sthe track and although it has not won recently over fences looks well treated and finished a respectable 4th in this last year. Pipes are always capable of getting one ready first up, as we know, and the fact that it is getting nibbled at on Betfair encourages