Sky Poker Tour Grand Final Live Update - Rail Morlspin & GeordieGaz!!

GeordieGaz

Re: Sky Poker Tour Grand Final Live Update - Rail Morlspin & GeordieGaz!! Read on for a lesson on how to blow 20k in one hand... :$ So I had a 20k stack which is 5k above average and in around 40th place of 175 remaining and then I get the mighty :8h: :5d: in my SB. Mistake 1... It is folded round to me and forgetting the blinds have just gone up (200/400) (or maybe a lack of concentration) I raise to 900... I was thinking the blinds were 150/300 and was attempting a standard 3x BB bet to take down the blinds and antes. The BB calls and we see a flop of :3h: :4c: :5c: I'm thinking great.... no way he's gona put me on anything here so I made a bet of 1000.... I knew exactly what I was hoping for (villain to think I've got nothing and to raise)... As expected he raised to 4k... Mistake 2... Without thinking about it and because I expected him to do that as he thinks I'm just c-betting I insta pushed all-in (20k).... Now that's the big mistake... The pot is around 7k and I'm betting 20k :eek.. He insta calls my push and flips over the flopped straight with :6s: :7h: :wall I did have 700 left and got it in next hand with :2h: :2c: which got beat by AK... To say I'm gutted is an understatement.... I was playing so well that I got complacent and over-confident and the good play was all undone in one stupid hand... I'll learn from this experience but that's no comfort at the moment... I'm a d1ck! :$

Re: Sky Poker Tour Grand Final Live Update - Rail Morlspin & GeordieGaz!! I've got to say Gaz you have got some balls for posting that. Lots of lessons to be learnt including never get too involved in blind battles, never get involved with a stack that can harm you and before making a move take time to read the situation and put yourself in oppo's position and thinking.

Re: Sky Poker Tour Grand Final Live Update - Rail Morlspin & GeordieGaz!!

I've got to say Gaz you have got some balls for posting that. Lots of lessons to be learnt including never get too involved in blind battles' date=' never get involved with a stack that can harm you and before making a move take time to read the situation and put yourself in oppo's position and thinking.[/quote'] yea totally agree with you Bri, that is quite possibly one of the worst hands I've ever played and to do it in a big tournament like the Sky Poker Grand Final is a real gutter! :sad But as you say, I will learn from it and be a better player for it! :ok

Re: Sky Poker Tour Grand Final Live Update - Rail Morlspin & GeordieGaz!! Unlucky guys,especially after all the hassle you had to get there :( Like brian said,brave to post the hand up gaz. You could have easily swept it below the carpet,and indeed,you live and learn.