** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

York 30/05/09

I'm going to this, although to be fair it's not far for me. Anyway, I'll have a better look at the card tomorrow, but 16:55 Ishe Mac is a good one I feel. Won well 2 races ago, and LTO did well in a better field than this. Hasn't got much weight on it's back compared to some of the others in this field and has definitely got Each Way claims. Could well spring a surprise.

Re: York 30/05/09 3.45 York - Bahamian Babe EW 12/1 Coral Last win was here a year ago over CD in a listed race. Ran a credible race LTO but was behind SIrens Gift. However conditions should suit and may have needed the run. Still should improve also and willing to take EW at 12s

Re: York 30/05/09 5.25 York Timocracy kept on well to score over a mile and a quarter at Pontefract last time out and although back up in trip, has placed form over a mile and half previously. He will encounter similar sort of ground as for his recent win and despite a 5 lb rise in his rating, may have more to offer after a pleasing start to his 4 yo career. 3 pts matched TBP @ 1.96 (Betfair).

Re: York 30/05/09 2.40 Taqdeyr 9/2 spo 10 pts A talented sort this one. Can be slightly difficult to keep a hold off but clearly has a lot of natural talent and he has been progressing fairly well lately. Won his last 3 starts now all on the a.w and has shown some class in some of those wins and proved a cut above that opposition. The last of those wins he was briefly threatened and the runner up let the form down afterwards but the runner up is not the most reliable imo so not holding that against him. Ground an issue here as he hasn’t been on ground this quick before but looking at pedigree there is a fair chance it could benefit if anything and a stronger pace could even help him settle better and if he does, then good chance. 3.45 Sirens Gift 10/3 spo 10pts Not the easiest to win with but the type of horse who has a fair chance of being placed at least here. Actually hasn’t won since 07 and only twice in her whole career but has some good efforts to her name since then and on a variety of different grounds. Her last two efforts in listed company for example have been top class when placed both times and only just denied late on. The run lto on her seasonal bow when the yards were not in as good as form as they are now encourages. Only just denied by look busy who is now a group 2 winner so that form looks pretty useful now and this one has the ability to lead a long way here and one day she might just hold on.

Re: York 30/05/09 3:45 York: Bahamian Babe 3pts e/w 12/1 VCbet Had a good pipe opener behind Sirens Gift at Bath but every chance can improve on that here. A course and distance winner in May last year and that was on firm going too. Useful claimer takes off a handy seven pounds.

Re: York 30/05/09 BAHAMIAN BABE 3.45 York. 0.5 points each way. Proven form on this course and over this distance, plus gets in here off a mark of 89, and combined with the ground being ok, it gives her every chance. I'm a little concerned that the race may be run a little awkward for her, but after all said and done, the 12/1 on offer compensates that and I think she's well worth the risk.

Re: York 30/05/09 3.45 YORK SIRENS GIFT (5f, Cl2, G/F) This is a horse i think has a decent handicap in it. led to the line LTO behind Look Busy (group winner of the temple stakes since). That day ended up 3rd in a blanket finish by a nse & hd. Its OR of 93 is its last winning mark & jockey David Probert gets on well with the horse unlucky not to win the portland last season when caught again in the final strides. its 2 wins have both come on fast ground. took 11/2 last night (see my thread), now 3/1!

Re: York 30/05/09 14/1 placed for River Falcon, big Jim Goldie yet again!!! Had 33s the other day with early price at Newcastle. The big man is absolutely unreal just now. If I'm not wrong a 14/1 third = a 7/2 winner. WoW! Not meaning to after event because I actually missed this one today. Normally I've been following the big owners on the flat (Ballydoyle, Hamdan, Abdullah, etc.) but big Jim is attaining legend status now.

Re: York 30/05/09

14/1 placed for River Falcon, big Jim Goldie yet again!!! Had 33s the other day with early price at Newcastle. The big man is absolutely unreal just now. If I'm not wrong a 14/1 third = a 7/2 winner. WoW! Not meaning to after event because I actually missed this one today. Normally I've been following the big owners on the flat (Ballydoyle, Hamdan, Abdullah, etc.) but big Jim is attaining legend status now.
Delighted for Jim. Hoping his good form continues into Royal Ascot where he is likely to be saddling up Dhaular Dhar for the PL syndicate. :hope

Re: York 30/05/09

If I'm not wrong a 14/1 third = a 7/2 winner. WoW!
Not quite sure I agree with this.;) It is the equivalent of a 7/2 winner on the place part, however an EW bet finishing 3rd would mean that the win part is lost. Therefore, a 14/1 EW 3rd is equivalent is a winning 5/4 win bet. To explain: 1pt EW on 14/1, finished 2nd or 3rd.....
  • total stake 2pts
  • returns on win bet 0pts
  • returns on place part equals 4.5pts
2pts win on 5/4, winner.....
  • total stake 2pts
  • returns on win bets 4.5pts

:ok

Re: York 30/05/09 I'd had one or two many Nastro Azzuros at my BBQ last night, of course, I was arguing that 14/1 e/w it should equal a 5/2 winner from the POV that if you're betting e/w you're potentially writing off the win stake, so you take the 7/2 return minus your win stake = equivalent 5/2 win...