MY SATURDAY SINGLE

Guest bowles10

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Re: MY SATURDAY SINGLE back from the wilderness, apologies xmas racing & PC probs cocked up my ability to run this thread. Today, Sand 3.10 Zabenz Ran on well into 4th in a very good handicap hurdle at Cheltenham 1st time out in this country. This horse has won Gr 1 races in USA & trainer is very sweet on its chances. 5pts ew at 10/1 Bet365

Re: MY SATURDAY SINGLE no good last week, CONTROL MAN 1.30 Warwick should be good enough to win this. Will be fav prob around even money but has won every chase when completing to date & only fell at Cheltenham at one of the notorious ditches. Pipe & Murphy should have this stitched up for an easy win. 2 rivals off level weights also so would expect Control man to beat those. 10pts win

Re: MY SATURDAY SINGLE 2nd last week with Control man. This is eating into my profit, but today i think i have a winner in: TRIBAL KING from Alan King stable who hacked up over C/D on Boxing day, has been raised 12lbs for this, but jockey was most impressed & is up on it again today. Will be favourite. 10pts win.

Re: MY SATURDAY SINGLE disappointed with the selection last week as didnt really handle the sticky ground & jumped slowly - finished a tired 5th. today, i have to go with THISTHATANDTOTHER @ 5/2 in the 2.05 Chelt. I have talked about its chances in the other threads. Meeting Well chief on 20lbs better terms than last years arkle & having conceded weight to Momkerhostin (17lb) & celestial gold (10lb) in last 2 chases over CD. It is certainly weighted to go one better today & a clear round for Nicholls/Walsh should be enough. 10pts win @ 5/2 Corals we sawthe money but not the win.....2nd again!

1st Well Chief (GER) 6T J Murphy 5-1
11 10M Pipe
Patiently ridden and settled well in rear, steady headway from 9th, tracked leading pair from 3 out, challenged 2 out, soon led, kept on well run -in Opened 4/1, touched 5/1 £10000-£2000(x2), £5000-£1000, £4000-£800, £2500-£500 each way, £4500-£1000, £2700-£600, £2250-£500
2nd 1¾ l Thisthatandtother (IRE) 9R Walsh 2-1
10 4P Nicholls
Held up in touch, hit 5th, ridden and headway before 4 out, challenged 2 out, chased winner before last, stayed on same pace run-in Opened 9/4, touched 5/2 £1000-£400, £4500-£2000(x2), £2700-£1200, £2250-£1000(x2), £900-£400(x5), £4250-£2000, £6000-£3000, £4000-£2000, £800-£400, including office money

Re: MY SATURDAY SINGLE Todays bet is: 1.55 Lingfield NO TIME I dont often tip AW horses but this one interests me at the price (14/1 Bet365). Only beat a hd in this last term, the trainer Polglaise has trained the horse with this race in mind, he has winning form over track & distance & has tumbled a bit down the weights as hasnt won for a while (since last spring). Form over 5f is 5 wins, 5 places from 19 starts. Has winning form over the CD including a class B conditions race last march. Take 5pts ew at 14/1 RESULT 2ND AT 12/1 :clap 22.5PTS RETURNED - PROFIT OF +12.5PTS:dude

Re: MY SATURDAY SINGLE Today at Newbury 4.10 BALLYBOUGH RASHER @ 7/1 Bet365 7pts win 3pts place a good staying chaser reverted to hurdles today. In Nov 2003 beat Marlborough by 6l in the charlie Hall at wetherby. was a 2l 2nd to Battle Warning previous to that run & Battle warning went on to win some good hurdle prizes that year. Unseated last time out, trainer has entered this in the Grand National & therefore knows it stays all day. Can win this today & with Geraghty on board, I think it stands a great chance. Will have a saver on the each way just in case as the odds are favourable.

Re: MY SATURDAY SINGLE 4th last week just out of the placings. Going back to the AW today with a horse i tipped 2 weeks ago - NO TIME in the 2.15 Wolverhampton. Meeting most of todays runners again, NO TIME enjoys a 3lb weight pull from Treasure Cay who beat it by 3/4l last time out. It also meets the others on the same terms with only dusty dazzler having a weight pull by 3lb but that finished 9thLTO. The trainer Polglaise blamed the defeat on the draw saying thaty he had a wide berth to overcome & nearly managed it. drawn 5 today in an 11 runner field should be able to stake its claim for this race. The price is 13/2 with Corals at the moment which I will take. The only negative is that the horse has never won on the track before. 5pts ew at 13/2.

Re: MY SATURDAY SINGLE ok, we got slaughtered last week. Thats my last AW selection for a while. Today: DUNCLIFFE 2.40 Kemp was entered in the Racing post chase & was likely favourite. Takes the easier option of the novice chase here over 2m 4f which looks a good choice based on the testing ground. The horse has great form over the distance & won well over Course/distance on boxing day. Can handle the softer ground as LTO thrashed Tana River by 23l. The danger is Lacdoudal from Hobbs stable & i make it a match between these 2. Duncliffe 8.5pts win Lacdoudal to beat Duncliffe as a save bet 1.5pt straight forecast.

Re: MY SATURDAY SINGLE disappointing last week. Duncliffe just didnt like the ground. Lacoudal was 2nd & Duncliffe 3rd. Today: Found it difficult to actually post a NAP from hrses i fancy like Hand Inn Hand, GVA Ireland, Bagan, the list is endless. However in the 4.30 at Kelso, J Howard Johnson keeps MEPHISTO on the track for the 2m 2f novice hurdle which after recent evidence should be within its capabilities even giving weight away. Was thrown in at the deep end on debut at Chelt behind Ambobo & ran on well. Ambobo now fav for the nov hurdle at Chelt. Mephisto went to Newcastle LTO & pissed home over 2m 7f. I would expect that this is the only race Howard Johnson could find before Cheltenham to see what speed the horse can maintain over the distance today. Will be a warm favourite but certainly one to follow. 10pts win at SP

Re: MY SATURDAY SINGLE pre cheltenham nerves today. At Sandown in the Imperial Cup, FAR PAVILLIONS looks a good bet to follow up its recent success at Musselburgh where it proved it had no effects from its injury. 6 wins out of 7 over hurdles & in the process defeating the likes of Crystal D'Ainay, the trainer has been careful with this horse & intends to run it today & then at Aintree, as cheltenham may not suit it. At 7/1 with Ladbrokes looks a good ew selection today. 5pts ew @ 7/1

Re: MY SATURDAY SINGLE no good last week sorry. Today, after cheltenham, I decided to look at the flat action on a good AW card at Lingfield. I have had a shout for Ecomium 330 but also fancy Tremar 300 who I back each way seperately. Ecomium looked a star in the making when winning a nice race last year followed by a 2nd at the Curragh. The horse was entered in last years derby but never got there. It is up against experienced handicappers today but possibly only group 3 at best. The price will be short but I will take ECOMIUM at SP in the 3.30. 10pts win.

Re: MY SATURDAY SINGLE -10pts last week, ran about 6th. today, 4.00 Bangor FLORIDA DREAM 10pts win @ 4/1 Corals I don't normally post up tips on here. But heard a good whisper about this one today. Has won over 3m this season & conditions suit today.

Re: MY SATURDAY SINGLE tempted to tip a national horse, but pipe has been waiting to get MEDISON into a race since it bolted up at Sandown. Raised in the handicap again, I am just hoping it is ahead of the rationg & takes a fav's chance. 10pts win MEDISON 1.45 Aintree @ SP

Re: MY SATURDAY SINGLE

6th Drawn 13 1l Almizan (IRE) 5T E Durcan 11-1
9 5M Channon
In touch, chased leaders 3f out, soon weakened Opened 14/1 £5000-£350 each way, £4000-£320
struggling big time!!:cry got a great price as well @ 18/1. bets 63 wins 18 staked 630pts returns 559.25pts loss -71.75pts

Re: MY SATURDAY SINGLE

Norse Dancer is the danger to Hurricane Alan I think' date=' don't see Stream Of Gold getting close.[/quote'] experience in Group races may count against Stream & i agree with you, however if it gets in front, it may avoid the trouble. Norse will come widest of all i hope rather than look for gaps as Sandown is notorious for gaps closing on the rail in the last furlong. I looked at Hurricane Alan & i read your posts on Martin's thread, you clearly fancy it today but i just felt at Newmarket last time that it didnt see the race out once in front, thereofe maybe eating into Norse's hands? Good luck today :ok