** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Finland, Midweek, 13-14th of may.

Wednesday 13 May 2009 Home Draw Away bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">BPP
VPS v Jaro (17:00BST) 2.50 3.30 3.15 102.05 % Details »
Hide « VPS v Jaro
Thursday 14 May 2009 Home Draw Away bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">BPP
Haka v Tampere Utd (16:30BST) 2.46 3.40 3.20 101.31 % Details »
Hide « Haka v Tampere Utd
HJK v Honka Espoo (16:30BST) 2.25 3.45 3.75 100.10 % Details »
Hide « HJK v Honka Espoo
Inter Turku v TPS (16:30BST) 2.58 3.30 3.05 101.85 % Details »
Hide « Inter Turku v TPS
JJK Jyväskylä v RoPS (16:30BST) 2.12 3.40 3.85 102.56 % Details »
Hide « JJK Jyväskylä v RoPS
MyPa v Lahti (16:30BST) 2.48 3.30 3.20 101.88 % Details »
Hide « MyPa v Lahti

Re: Finland, Midweek, 13-14th of may. I don't normally like betting on the Finnish league, but for this round of fixtures I've gone for a speculative punt on HJK to beat Honka @ 2.25. Both sides have had relatively good starts; however Honka have only achieved 1 win so far in this season's league fixtures. The main point about this fixture is that HJK beat Honka 3-0 at home in the cup in February; something, which I like to think goes a long way at suggesting a possible result. Having already beat Honka at home (all be it in the cup) should play a part in providing a psychological boost to HJK. I also like the look of Helsinki's home form. In cup and league fixtures played since February, they have won 4 out of 6. Scoring 17 and conceding only 6. I also like the look of Over 2.5 @ 1.80 As above, HJK have shown that they can score a fair few goals at home, and have let goals in, in 4 of those 6 home games mentioned above. Honka have played 6 away games so far in the league and cup, and have scored in 5 of those games. Both of these should be regarded as tentative selections, because I have found through experience that this league can throw up a fair amount of unpredictable results.

Re: Finland, Midweek, 13-14th of may. I'd stay away from HJK vs Honka. Their loss at MyPa last night was poor, just like their performance. Honka haven't got the results so far that they're capable of but they'll be very up for this game. I'd personally go with a score draw if I had to make a bet on it but I'd steer well clear!

Re: Finland, Midweek, 13-14th of may. VPS - Jaro 1 ML 1,73 @ Pinnaclesports 7/10 I think we see two equal teams, with Jaro having injury worries as two of their regular forwards(Hyyrynen, Meyer) are out and several other players are questionable. It may be as bad as Jaro having only 2 men on the bench. VPS is missing important Kainu. The reason for high home odds may be on the idea that this is a kind of derby game, but in Jaro's home page the fantrip to the game is only available if they have enough reservations(one bus reserved). So no real support to Jaro in the stands.

Re: Finland, Midweek, 13-14th of may.

I'd stay away from HJK vs Honka. Their loss at MyPa last night was poor' date=' just like their performance. Honka haven't got the results so far that they're capable of but they'll be very up for this game. I'd personally go with a score draw if I had to make a bet on it but I'd steer well clear![/quote'] I put the loss against Mypa down more to the fact it was away. Although I can't speak of the performance, I don't think losing 1-0 away to Mypa should be described as poor. As I mentioned in my post, teams in this league are often prone to odd results, and Mypa have often finished above Helsinki in the league. Honka haven't really set the world alight so far in the league. Conceding 7 in 5 games; and the 3-0 loss to HJK already this season in the league were reasons enough for me to back HJK.

Re: Finland, Midweek, 13-14th of may. Well, MyPa Anjalankoski were good a few seasons ago but have been poor since last season. The win shouldn't be beyond HJK but throughout the game it looked like it was. HJK are favourites to win the title this year, but on that performance, I'd be a little unsure. It was only one game, but even so - they wouldn't have deserved a point if they had got it, which is concerning. MyPa Anjalankoski have finished above HJK 2 seasons out of the last 8. Nah, Honka haven't played as well yet. Like I said though, they'll be very up for this game as Honka are seen as a potential threat to HJK's title ambitions because they have a good squad themselves. Still, good luck!

Re: Finland, Midweek, 13-14th of may. Hey guys! Any toughts on the Haka - Tampere Utd. match. Tampere has started the season in a shaky way. Could this go on? The odds for the home win are not bad....

I don't normally like betting on the Finnish league' date= but for this round of fixtures I've gone for a speculative punt on HJK to beat Honka @ 2.25. I also like the look of Over 2.5 @ 1.80
there is definitely some value on honka in my view, odds are up to 3.80. honka are at least at the same quality level as hjk and both are main title contenders. honka almost won the title last year and now seem even stronger. their start haven't been the best, too many draws but played quite good football. honka won their last two hjk trips and haven't concede a goal in last five h2h games. for me honka and under 2.5.

Re: Finland, Midweek, 13-14th of may. Hi guys, I have not been here for years but decided to share with you my opinions for tonight´s round here in Finland. I dont want to exhaust you with team news, most teams have still most of their key players available. Odds were taken from Sbobet. Haka - Tamu no bets yet I see TamU as a lot better team than Haka, but the problems outside the pitch may have affected their performances just enough that backing them does not feel too tempting now. HJK - Honka (40-30-30) Honka + 0.5 @ 1.81 This is by far the most interesting match of the round. Two biggest favourites meet and there is no home advantage as Honka is also using Finnair Stadium as their home arena until their own pitch gets renovated by mid-sommer. They key player if this game is HJK midfielder Ville Taulo who comes in for the first time this season to replace injured captain Tuomas Haapala who will be sidelined for some 4-8 weeks. Taulo is actually much better player in the attack, but it is his defensive qualities that raise questions and that will change the balance of HJK midfield. If Honka can challenge him properly the route towards goal, especially from the right flank where Hauhia and Kärkkäinen will struggle, is much more open. I am tempted to try Honka here, and the handicap + 0.50 is worth a bet @ 1.81. Inter - TPS TPS 0.0 @ 2.23 This is a so called derby round and the home advantage is less significant than it would normally be. TPS has showed some signs of recovery lately and they have a lot to revenge from last season´s beatings by Inter. Inter has weakened since last season a lot and is hardly worth being a favourite in this challenging clash. MyPa - Lahti Lahti + 0.50 @ 1.76 MyPa surprised me last time around at home against HJK - I was at the stadium myself, and saw also Honka-MyPa live - but I can hardly imagine the almost retired nightclubber Ady performing superbly another night and controlling the midfield, specially when Lahti has a weapon against him in Vanninen. Without Ady MyPa was very very poor against Honka. And remember, Jari Litmanen is still alive and plays for FC Lahti. JJK - RoPS RoPS + 0.50 @ 1.92 JJK has not yet scored even once and RoPs is a class or two above their hosts. So far RoPS has had 3 penalties this season in the 3 games, and missed all 3 of them! They can create goal chances however and tonight their luck will turn. The odds seem the be drifting at the moment, which is not that unusual in games where RoPS is involved but probably there is nothing dodgy going on this time.

I don't normally like betting on the Finnish league' date= but for this round of fixtures I've gone for a speculative punt on HJK to beat Honka @ 2.25.
90th minute equaliser......:wall