** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Madrid Open ATP & WTA,May 10-17

Re: Madrid Open ATP & WTA,May 10-17 Have only few mins but really like to share my picks with you. Taking Haas and Monaco in a double @ 2.7 :hope Haas is enough difficult opponent for Gulbis who gives only hard time to this kind of opponents,don't beat them. Odds for Monaco are decent,he plays great tennis,defeated Andy in Rome,showed great clay form.Lopez may cause him some probs but i just can't see the Spaniard winning this match. Sorry for shortened reasoning and good luck all!

Re: Madrid Open ATP & WTA,May 10-17 Hi:D FISH @ 3.35 Pinnacle. Anything above 3.00 looks reasonable to me here. Conditions should suit Fish and haven't been impressed with Robredo lately. Robredo looked good in South America earlier in the year but in Europe has struggled. He's benefitted from collapses from Safin and Andreev when looking poor in both matches. He dropped a set against Kiefer in the 1st round which also doesn't bode well. Fish is usually allergic to clay, but this looks to be a bit better. In particular he seems to have his tactics sorted out which hasn't been a strong point for him in the past few years. He beat Tipsarevic in the 1st round which is a reasonable win for him and at altitude I expect him to put in a strong performance here. Also remembers Robredos distain for big servers and if Fish can get him serve going he's got a great chance.

Re: Madrid Open ATP & WTA,May 10-17

Hi:D FISH @ 3.35 Pinnacle. Anything above 3.00 looks reasonable to me here. Conditions should suit Fish and haven't been impressed with Robredo lately. Robredo looked good in South America earlier in the year but in Europe has struggled. He's benefitted from collapses from Safin and Andreev when looking poor in both matches. He dropped a set against Kiefer in the 1st round which also doesn't bode well. Fish is usually allergic to clay, but this looks to be a bit better. In particular he seems to have his tactics sorted out which hasn't been a strong point for him in the past few years. He beat Tipsarevic in the 1st round which is a reasonable win for him and at altitude I expect him to put in a strong performance here. Also remembers Robredos distain for big servers and if Fish can get him serve going he's got a great chance.
Good to see you again :ok

Re: Madrid Open ATP & WTA,May 10-17 I also like Fish and my likes Ljubo too...but my bet is: Jurgen Melzer vs Albert Montanes Montanes had some tough days lately while Melzer has done some solid games. Montanes hates playing lefties, the surface suits Melzer more and the h2h is 4-1 to Melzer. Melzer is a good favorite for me here. Jurgen Melzer - 2.00 @BWin

Cheers RePunt. Took Haas but my god it was tough.Two chokers! Great to win it though!Good luck with Monaco match.. Might have some selections tomorrow.
:cheers Welcome back Mr.Intensity:clap:clap:clap Rezai @2.1 is playing really well all year,had a good week in Rome easily beating Kleybanova and had a match point in the third set against Radwanska but wasn't lucky enough to pass 2nd round there,then came in Madrid prooving her good form,easily defeating Pironkova in straight sets.Szavay was able to make an upset over Penneta,who showed disappointing performance on court and retiered with an injury in her doubles match yesterday.It's a fifty-fifty match,but it seems that Rezai is in better mood and allready had one clay win over Szavay,who is a bit overrated here and is very inconsistant lately.Odds are certainly worth of trying.

i'm not tennis expert at all but i need your opinion about combo sciavonne+gicquel. at least they are more known names for me
both will win, gicquel in 2, sciavonne more then likely in 3 :) should be tough tight games

Re: Madrid Open ATP & WTA,May 10-17 Melzer tb Montanes @ 5/6 Bet of the day for me.Melzer has a winning record over Montanes(3-1 on clay) and had a good run in rome beating Davydenko and a 3 setter with Gonzo.The conditions suit him better and Montanes has just come from winning Estoril so this seems another opportunity for Melzer to get a win. Chardy tb Acasuso @ 4/6 Acasuso is struggling right now and runs into an in-form Chardy fresh from reaching the semi's in Munich eventually losing to Berdych.He was serving very well last week and that can give him a big advantage on the fast courts in Madrid. Good luck!

Melzer tb Montanes @ 5/6 Chardy tb Acasuso @ 4/6
Good calls Gooner:clap,took your bet of the day.. Monaco @2.6 had good clay season so far and must be worth of a punt at this price.Already showed that his form in Madrid is fine beating tough opponent in the first round,H2H trails 2-0 against Ferrer on clay easily beating him both times in straight sets,but that was 04',05' when Argentinian was far from the player he's now.Ferrer plays on home soil that may be some advantage but his recent form is terrible,lost to PHM and Hernandes and it wont be a miracle if he loose this one against more improved clay courter as Monaco. Del Potro @1.55 Still see some value at that price,i think that Berdych is overrated here and thats because he won Munchen last week having long hard threesetters on last four matches there.Im worried about his fitnes after that kind of effort and just cant see him passing Del Potro here,who's the better player and i believe he will show his superiority over Berdych on a surface that is more suitable to JMDP.

Re: Madrid Open ATP & WTA,May 10-17 J.M. Del Potro vs T. Berdych Melzer looked pretty awful in first set and won only one or two points on Montanes serves, but then suddenly Montanes started to run out of gas after a hectic last week and he handed over the game to Melzer. The same scenario could very well be happening here tomorrow and I'm not sure how motivated Berdych is. Del Potro - 1.58 @ Pinnacle

look out for Ferrer' date=' Im pretty sure he tanked last week but should be much more motivated this week at home in Spain...[/quote'] Lopez was very motivated and smashed by Monaco yesterday in Spain..just trying to say that motivation playing at home and players moment form are completely different things..good luck tomorrow, :hope for JMDP!

Re: Madrid Open ATP & WTA,May 10-17 Andreas Seppi vs Sam Querrey Seppi has been playing a tournament every week the last month or so and he reached the semis in the tournament he played last week. Querrey is a power player and if Seppi is gonna show any weekness, Querrey has the ability to blast him off court. Sam Querrey - 2.40 @ Boylesports

EventDavid Ferrer vs Juan Monaco
SelectionDavid Ferrer
Strength10/10
Date13/05/2009
Bookmaker/Price5Dimes @ 1.61 (Back)
ReasoningFerrer havent been in great shape lately and got an ealy exit from tournaments but I'm not sure how motivated he's been, specially in his last tournament where it sure looked like he tanked. Under normal circumstances Ferrer should have too much for Monaco even though this is gonna be a tough one

EventAndy Roddick vs Tommy Haas
SelectionAndy Roddick
Strength10/10
Date13/05/2009
Bookmaker/PriceExpekt @ 1.65 (Back)
ReasoningTommys just suck at this surface, while Roddick at least tries his best even though he doesnt prefer this surface either. But he had some good results time to time and his serve is a killer weapon on any surface.

Re: Madrid Open ATP & WTA,May 10-17 Taking two matches tomorrow: Del Potro tb Wawrinka @ 8/13 Tough match but Del Potro is a worthy favourite here. Looked right on form against Berdych today and is serving very well.Stan is a very talented player and has a great array of shots(backhand is brilliant) but I feel the more powerful groundstrokes of JMDP can give him the win here.Also beat him last month in Rome in 3 sets. Ljubicic tb Simon @ 11/10 Superb value here for Ljubicic.Impressive wins over Gabashvili and Tsonga in straight sets.Alwats sceptical backing Simon as a fave on clay, had a decent win over Fognini but was under no pressure.Ivan serves big and will surely have some chances to win this match. Good Luck!

Ljubicic tb Simon @ 11/10 Superb value here for Ljubicic.Impressive wins over Gabashvili and Tsonga in straight sets.Alwats sceptical backing Simon as a fave on clay, had a decent win over Fognini but was under no pressure.Ivan serves big and will surely have some chances to win this match.
Completely agree with this one,value is on Ljubicic who has already defeated Simon two times not loosing a set,one of this wins is on clay.Ljubicic's serve worked very well against Gabashvili(22/23 pt. won on 1st serve) and Tsonga so I believe it'll be on same level for this one against downtrend Simon!Ljubicic @2.05 Don't think that this price will be still avaliable later in the day! Robredo v Murray_over 21.5 games @1.85 Tomy's form is not on the desirable level ATM but in my opinion Andy's form is not shining aswell.I rate Robredo much more than bookies do,to win this one but not brave enough to back him.Tommy retiered when last time played Murray and now trails 2-1 vs. world #3.Expecting this to be very tight match with at least one tie-break and the winner to be decided in the third set. Sticking with these two today..good luck all!

Re: Madrid Open ATP & WTA,May 10-17 Roddick vs Davydenko Dunno why Davy is such a big favorite for this game despite his returning skills, he haven't convinced me last couple of games. Roddick started off slow vs Haas but took over the game and finally sent him home without too much sweat. Value on these odds. Roddick - 3.17 @ Pinnacle Ljubicic vs Simon Simon is know to always having trouble with big-servers and while Ljubicic looked motivated, Simon should be lucky to get here. His last opponent had his chances but gifted away the game to Simon. If Simon perform as poorly again, I'm pretty sure Ljubicic wont forgive him. Ljubicic - 2.09 @ Pinnacle

Roddick vs Davydenko Dunno why Davy is such a big favorite for this game despite his returning skills, he haven't convinced me last couple of games. Roddick started off slow vs Haas but took over the game and finally sent him home without too much sweat. Value on these odds. Roddick - 3.17 @ Pinnacle
Davy pulled out a couple of hours ago mate:ok

Re: Madrid Open ATP & WTA,May 10-17 took me some time to figure that one out...because I had the bet on my mind when I left for work, and when I got home, I just threw myself on the computer and posted it...just don't get why it was possible to make a bet on the game @ Pinnacle and still is...lol

Taking two matches tomorrow: Del Potro tb Wawrinka @ 8/13 Tough match but Del Potro is a worthy favourite here. Looked right on form against Berdych today and is serving very well.Stan is a very talented player and has a great array of shots(backhand is brilliant) but I feel the more powerful groundstrokes of JMDP can give him the win here.Also beat him last month in Rome in 3 sets. Ljubicic tb Simon @ 11/10 Superb value here for Ljubicic.Impressive wins over Gabashvili and Tsonga in straight sets.Alwats sceptical backing Simon as a fave on clay, had a decent win over Fognini but was under no pressure.Ivan serves big and will surely have some chances to win this match. Good Luck!
WIN WIN :ok Not sure what to do today.Seriously tempted by Del Potro against Murray at least for value.

Re: Madrid Open ATP & WTA,May 10-17 I quite fancy Del Potro as a dog here too. By all accounts Murray hasn't looked 100%. Decision later on. I see some value with Szavay. Mauresmo has been doing well lately but her confidence issues are never too far from the surface and no way would I back her at such short odds. After a very poor string of perfomances Szavay seems to haverediscovered the form that made her a notable youngster and she's knocked out Pennetta and Azarenka who has been the player of the year so far imo. And WB Mr.I. :drums

Re: Madrid Open ATP & WTA,May 10-17 Congrats matey. I had a busy day today and completely forgot the time of the match. Argh. I saw a bit of the Szavay match, she took the first set off Mauresmo but then just collapsed.