Thirsk Sat 2nd May 2009

Re: Thirsk Sat 2nd May 2009 Hunt Cup - 4.15 - Mangham - EW Was well fancied for the Lincoln but didn't get in Ran in the Spring Cup and was well beaten, but had set the pace on one side for 5 furlongs This is a much easier race than the Lincoln, the trainer is now in pretty good form and the horse has a chance to show us why he was so well fancied for the big one.

Re: Thirsk Sat 2nd May 2009 1650 5f handicap Blazing Heights E/W 25/1 Betfred,Totesport too big at 25/1 for a horse drawn high(15 of 16) at thirsk over 5f,with a big bias(over 60% winners over the last 3 years). could be a bit of value here. the obvious choice drawn high sandwith is creeping up the weights for not winning, and is maybe worth a saver at 7/1, but have a sneaky feeling that jim goldie has got his string in good form after a few nice wins this week. expect the pace drawn high to come from the nichols horse drawn 10 leagle eagle, which should set the race up for a finisher, which i expect to be sandwith and last of all to be blazing heights! on a mark of effectively 66 with the capable kelly harrison taking 3 off, should be in better heart after a break when last seen finishing 13 of 13 in november. bit of a punt assuming the horse is fit but should get a good run for my money today at a sporting price.

Re: Thirsk Sat 2nd May 2009

1650 5f handicap Blazing Heights E/W 25/1 Betfred,Totesport too big at 25/1 for a horse drawn high(15 of 16) at thirsk over 5f,with a big bias(over 60% winners over the last 3 years). could be a bit of value here. the obvious choice drawn high sandwith is creeping up the weights for not winning, and is maybe worth a saver at 7/1, but have a sneaky feeling that jim goldie has got his string in good form after a few nice wins this week. expect the pace drawn high to come from the nichols horse drawn 10 leagle eagle, which should set the race up for a finisher, which i expect to be sandwith and last of all to be blazing heights! on a mark of effectively 66 with the capable kelly harrison taking 3 off, should be in better heart after a break when last seen finishing 13 of 13 in november. bit of a punt assuming the horse is fit but should get a good run for my money today at a sporting price.
I like this one as well Tish will most likely put to up in the FTTS. Mr Goldie's horses always worth a 2nd look in these races.

I like this one as well Tish will most likely put to up in the FTTS. Mr Goldie's horses always worth a 2nd look in these races.
aye ted seem to remember you tipping up a couple of big price goldie sprinters last year m8. danny tudhope has opted to ride the john quinn trained runner which is a bit of a negative though......could need the run today, but at that price worth a punt. good luck mate.

1650 5f handicap Blazing Heights E/W 25/1 Betfred,Totesport too big at 25/1 for a horse drawn high(15 of 16) at thirsk over 5f,with a big bias(over 60% winners over the last 3 years). could be a bit of value here. the obvious choice drawn high sandwith is creeping up the weights for not winning, and is maybe worth a saver at 7/1, but have a sneaky feeling that jim goldie has got his string in good form after a few nice wins this week. expect the pace drawn high to come from the nichols horse drawn 10 leagle eagle, which should set the race up for a finisher, which i expect to be sandwith and last of all to be blazing heights! on a mark of effectively 66 with the capable kelly harrison taking 3 off, should be in better heart after a break when last seen finishing 13 of 13 in november. bit of a punt assuming the horse is fit but should get a good run for my money today at a sporting price.
well expected leagle eagle to blaze a trail, my lad did ok and went off a well backed 12/1 shot running up the rail into a place. the winner mandurah won a shade cosily on the far side, and i for one will definately be backing that one next time out in a similar contest.