Classic Time - Stan James 2,000 Guineas

Who does everyone fancy then? Previous winners 08 - Henrythenavigator, Murtagh/O'Brien, 11/1 07 - Cockney Rebel, Peslier/Huffer, 25/1 06 - George Washington (RIP), Fallon/O'Brien, 6/4 fav 05 - Footstespinthesand, Fallon/O'Brien, 13/2 04 - Haafhd, R.Hills/B.Hills, 10/3 03 - Refuse to Bend, Smullen/Weld, 9/2 02 - Rock of Gibraltar, Muragh/O'Brien, 9/1 01 - Golan, Fallon/Stoute, 11/1 00 - King's Best, Fallon/Stoute, 13/2 99 - Island sands, Dettori/bin Suroor, 10/1 Trends 8/10 making seasonal debut 10/10 won over 7f+ 10/10 by a stallion with stamina index of 8.0f+ 10/10 finished in top three last time out (6/10 1st) Sticking strictly to those runners making their reappearance and who placed in the first three last time out really cuts down the field to the following: Arazan 12/1 Evasive 10/1 Finjaan 25/1 Gan Ahmras 40/1 Lord Shanakill 28/1 Sea The Stars 18/1 If we stick to the trends to the letter and remove those without a 7f and those by a sire with a stamina index greater than 8.0f we are left with three.... Arazan Gan Ahmras Sea The Stars

Re: Classic Time - Stan James 2,000 Guineas I've been doing a bit of 'trends' work on this as well........more details to follow in my 'Group One Races' thread .....erm, if I can find it..........:lol Not sure about Stamina Index.......is that the number after the stallions name for average winning distance of progeny ?........so Kingmambo would be 9.8 ? I've worked out my own stamina figure by adding together the AWD of the Sire's progeny and the Damsire's progeny and dividing by 2............:unsure With my trends I've got the field down to....... Arazan Delegator Himalya Mastercraftsman Rip Van Winkle Ashram (?) Query Ashram because I can't find a stamina figure for his Sire, he fits the other trends. At the moment I'm leaning towards 'Rip' but I'll have a final look on Friday night........... 'Citing innit !............:nana

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.