another strange situation from a live game

ubermonkey1

Just wondered what everybodys thoughts were on this hand:unsure the games a £15 rebuy with a nice slow structure (30 min) blinds but only 1500 starting stack. i'm on about 3500 i would say my image wise i'm playing small ball so playing a lot of cheap pots if i can,villain seated to my left has about 3k and has been pretty reckless(has rebought a few times and has been up and down a lot). were in level 3 (75/150)nearing the end of the rebuy period action starts as the cards are dealt:loondealer accidentally flips the villains first card which was the kc,someone says you can keep it if you want and he does. question no1 =would you keep the card or disgard it if you were in this position?. the rest of the deal goes okay and i'm sat with k10os on the bb the villan flat calls from utg and i end up checking. question 2= would you have checked or reraised?you might have him dominated or he might have you:loon so flop comes down 10 8 3 all clubs. i check question 3= would you have checked or bet villain bets 300 question 4= now what do you do fold, call or reraise:unsure:unsure really got me thinking this one ,as its full of tricky little situations.

Re: another strange situation from a live game I'd check pre like you, then fold on the flop. Even if you're ahead at that stage, you KNOW he has outs and he might have already hit the flush and is betting to protect against somebody having Ac-x and getting a free card. Calling isn't an option imo as you don't know where you stand, you could be drawing nigh on dead and you still wouldn't know unless another club came on turn. Even if you assume he doesn't have the flush made he's still 40% to hit it, so if you're reraising you're gonna have to make it upwards of 1000 just to make it a mistake for him to call, and even then what's the chances of him folding a 2nd nut flush draw nearing the end of the rebuy period?

Re: another strange situation from a live game Totally agree with Samba re your play Uber, I think check-fold is correct knowing he has a club. In his position, I would want the card replaced without a second thought:unsure. Poker is difficult enough at the best of times, without someone KNOWING one of your cards.

Re: another strange situation from a live game From PokerNews poker rules:

If the first Hole Card dealt is exposed, a misdeal results. The dealer will retrieve the card, reshuffle, and recut the cards. If any other Hole Card is exposed due to a dealer error, the deal continues. The exposed card may not be kept. After completing the hand, the dealer replaces the card with the top card on the deck, and the exposed card is then used for the Burn Card. If more than one Hole Card is exposed, this is a misdeal and there must be a redeal.
If this is a standard rule then the hand should never have been played as it was. however... I would not keep the card as it gives your opponents too much information. Once the 3 clubs hit the board you surely can't call any bet...either you are already beaten or he has a good chance of completing.

Re: another strange situation from a live game

Keep the card' date=' bet each street and represent you have the other King or maybe the Ace with it.[/quote'] what happens on a crappy board tho and someone decides to trap:unsure i was thinking about it and i think i would change,as hornet says it's bad enough without someone knowing ur cards,if you do hit then they know it etc. thought i'd post this one coz the whole table raised their eyebrows when i folded and showed the k10:loon. mind you i found out what the other guy had ,which i'll post up soon.

Re: another strange situation from a live game This is just bizarre, why did the villain keep the card????? It was a stupid decision on his part! Anyway, yes i would check pre-flop, but the flop is much trickier. Why would he lead out with the made flush, especially when everyone knows he has a club? So i would say he doesn't have a made flush, but obviously he has a draw to a club! Very tricky, annoying situation, but I would fold just for the sake of survival. The only other options are to hope he doesn't have another club and just check call all the way, or raise say.....1200 to see if he has the made flush. But if the opponent is reckless, this is way too risky. So it really doesn't matter what the other card is! Folding is correct. I actually think this strange situation saved you some chips. If the King hadn't been exposed during the deal, you would have just checked pre-flop (I assume). You would probably have check raised or led out, either way, if the villain bets 300 on the flop there you're going to commit at least some chips with top pair great kicker. So you could say you got lucky here....... ;)