** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Copa Libertadores ( 3-6 march 09 )

Tuesday 3 March 2009 Home Draw Away bookmakers margin on event. however they do not take account commissions that may be charged.>BPP
Palmeiras v Colo-Colo (23:00GMT) 1.51 4.30 8.80 100.84 % Details »
Hide « Palmeiras v Colo-Colo
Wednesday 4 March 2009 Home Draw Away bookmakers margin on event. however they do not take account commissions that may be charged.>BPP
Caracas FC v Chivas (01:15GMT) 2.98 3.50 2.54 101.50 % Details »
Hide « Caracas FC v Chivas
Dep Táchira v Boca Jrs (22:30GMT) 3.75 3.55 2.10 102.45 % Details »
Hide « Dep Táchira v Boca Jrs
Un de Chile v Aurora (22:30GMT) 1.30 5.30 11.00 104.88 % Details »
Hide « Un de Chile v Aurora
Thursday 5 March 2009 Home Draw Away bookmakers margin on event. however they do not take account commissions that may be charged.>BPP
Sport v LDU (00:50GMT) 1.77 3.40 5.00 105.91 % Details »
Hide « Sport v LDU
Universitario v Cruzeiro (00:50GMT) 4.00 3.35 2.02 104.36 % Details »
Hide « Universitario v Cruzeiro
Libertad v San Lorenzo (22:00GMT) 2.60 3.45 2.84 102.66 % Details »
Hide « Libertad v San Lorenzo
Friday 6 March 2009 Home Draw Away bookmakers margin on event. however they do not take account commissions that may be charged.>BPP
Uni San Martín v River Plate (00:15GMT) 3.40 3.30 2.20 105.17 % Details »
Hide « Uni San Martín v River Plate
América de Cali v São Paulo (02:30GMT) 2.70 3.30 2.50 107.34 % Details »

Re: Copa Libertadores ( 3-6 march 09 ) I'm going to hammer Sport Recife. This was the game I had marked down as the one I would really put down a lot of money. The club has been waiting for this for ages and considering LDU are the defending champs and Sport are the new boys expect a wild reception for LDU. I"m going to look at line ups, I'll ask my Brasilian contacts to keep me updated whether or not LDU team is getting harassed. You got to remember, Sport Recife's pitch is absolutely terrible. My mates there tell me they spray it green to hide the fact the pitch is rocky and quite a few pot holes.

Re: Copa Libertadores ( 3-6 march 09 ) Caracas - Chivas over 2.5 goals 4/10 I think we 'll see here a game like last week in Caracas, where the hosts were the better of Lanus. Again this will be an open game, I think because 2 teams got a first win and Caracas need a homewin if they want to qualify,Chivas will be a bit more safe but can not lean back because they hardly can keep a game to nill. That's the mean reason I see this game going over. I hesitated to take Caracas DNB, but left it alone.

Re: Copa Libertadores ( 3-6 march 09 )

I'm going to hammer Sport Recife. This was the game I had marked down as the one I would really put down a lot of money. The club has been waiting for this for ages and considering LDU are the defending champs and Sport are the new boys expect a wild reception for LDU. I"m going to look at line ups' date=' I'll ask my Brasilian contacts to keep me updated whether or not LDU team is getting harassed. You got to remember, Sport Recife's pitch is absolutely terrible. My mates there tell me they spray it green to hide the fact the pitch is rocky and quite a few pot holes.[/quote'] Any new info from your Brasilian friends Mike?:D

Any new info from your Brasilian friends Mike?:D
Won't know till closer to KO mate, I'll contact him in about 5 hours will report back, line is a bit short now though so the value might be lost, but perhaps -1 would be worth the stab. Be back in a couple hours.

Re: Copa Libertadores ( 3-6 march 09 ) The pitch was freshly painted today to cover the potholes. LDU Quito managed to get some rest but they are in for a surprise. The stadium is sold out and there are no traveling supporters. Unless LDU is use to playing on a rocky pitch they are in for the ride of their lives. However for me from a wagering perspective, I fail to see the value now. The line has dropped to 1.68 for straight win and I'm not a big fan of that -0.75 line if there are any books out there that allows you to have -1 than I'd take that for much more generous odds. Yesterday saw Palmeiras get the shock of their lives. Now these two teams have a chance to clear the gap, a new comer vs the defending champs. If punters have never heard of Sport, tonight they will. I expect the fans to play a big big role for the Brasilian side. Full squad for Sport, the city is pumped for this, the LDU players are going to be "Welcomed" to the Lions Den. Prediction: Sport 3-1 LDU

Re: Copa Libertadores ( 3-6 march 09 ) America de Cali - Sao Paolo Well it's just second round, but Sao Paolo is already in some kind of trouble and in need of points. After first round and just draw at house, they need victory away from home. Sao Paolo has allways been sort of a "slow starter" and this year is not different. I don't see that Murcy Ramalho is woried about performances so far, but player seem like they are ready to start wining again. Hernanes said to local press : "We lost too many games allready, it's time to turn things around". Sao Paolo had some internal problems after game agains Santos this week, and Dagoberto and Washington will not play together in attack. Borges is back, and he will play with Washington, while Dagoberto will be on the bench. In midlefield, Ramalho will chose before the game Hugo or Junior Cesar, but that is not such a big isue IMHO. Home team is also in some kind of resoult crysis. They lost derby in weekend, and didn't start weel in Copa Libertadores, they lost in Uruguay against Defensor 0-1. For this game they won't be able to count on keeper Oscar Limia, who is not registered for Copa, and keeper will be Julián Mesa. Probable squads: AMÉRICA DE CALI: Julián Mesa; Juan Camilo Angulo, Pedro Tavima, Hárold Viáfara e Fernando Battiste; Diego Chará, John Valencia, Alex Del Castillo e Víctor Cortés; Adrián Ramos e Wílmer Parra Técnico: Diego Édison Umaña SÃO PAULO: Rogério Ceni; Renato Silva, André Dias e Miranda; Zé Luis, Jean, Hernanes, Hugo (Junior César) e Jorge Wagner; Washington e Borges Técnico: Muricy Ramalho Sao Paolo and Muricy Ramalho = great coach + great players and they play together for quite some time. They have 2 excellent defenders in Miranda and Andre Dias, fantastic midlefield and lethal attack, enough for me. Sao Paolo -0.25 @2.00 188Bet 6/10

The pitch was freshly painted today to cover the potholes. LDU Quito managed to get some rest but they are in for a surprise. The stadium is sold out and there are no traveling supporters. Unless LDU is use to playing on a rocky pitch they are in for the ride of their lives. However for me from a wagering perspective, I fail to see the value now. The line has dropped to 1.68 for straight win and I'm not a big fan of that -0.75 line if there are any books out there that allows you to have -1 than I'd take that for much more generous odds. Yesterday saw Palmeiras get the shock of their lives. Now these two teams have a chance to clear the gap, a new comer vs the defending champs. If punters have never heard of Sport, tonight they will. I expect the fans to play a big big role for the Brasilian side. Full squad for Sport, the city is pumped for this, the LDU players are going to be "Welcomed" to the Lions Den. Prediction: Sport 3-1 LDU
Very good and reliable information. Outstanding :ok

Re: Copa Libertadores ( 3-6 march 09 ) America de Cali suffered a defeat against Deportivo Cali lately, one that will hate as it's bitter rivalry. I think they're going to continue this winless run they're on by losing a tight game to Sao Paulo. Any thoughts on Libertad vs San Lorenzo? I'm leaning towards an away win but Libertad are a decent side

Libertad/San Lorenzo Over 2.5 @ 1.95 Sao Paolo ML @ 2.30 will try to get back for write ups, but the Sao Paolo game is based on a loose line.
I just want to warn about betting on more than 2,5 goals on the Libertad-San Lorenzo game. I watched Libertad meet San Luis in Mexico and they played a really, really defensive football. And Libertad did it very well. I think that San Luis had a possesion around 70 percent, but to no use since Libertad were fast to score and than just defended and defended. Ok, that was an away game against a good mexican team, but although they're at home now, I think that they'll be defending themselves even more this time against the even better team San Lorenzo... Just a thought... Still though, I'll bet on Libertad to win, simply because meeting such a good, defensive team like that, away, will be too hard for San Lorenzo, or almost anyone for that matter. And, listening to Mexican Tv right now, Lorenzo are going for the win, a tie's not an option to them, that will open up even more for Libertad counterattacks, I think.

Re: Copa Libertadores ( 3-6 march 09 ) I think more than 2.5 looks likely as San Lorenzo's backup goalkeeper is arguably the worst goalkeeper I have ever seen. He's given both of the two goals Libertad have scored to them on a plate in this game.

I think more than 2.5 looks likely as San Lorenzo's backup goalkeeper is arguably the worst goalkeeper I have ever seen. He's given both of the two goals Libertad have scored to them on a plate in this game.
Easy to say once the game has started...

I just want to warn about betting on more than 2,5 goals on the Libertad-San Lorenzo game. I watched Libertad meet San Luis in Mexico and they played a really, really defensive football. And Libertad did it very well. I think that San Luis had a possesion around 70 percent, but to no use since Libertad were fast to score and than just defended and defended. Ok, that was an away game against a good mexican team, but although they're at home now, I think that they'll be defending themselves even more this time against the even better team San Lorenzo... Just a thought... Still though, I'll bet on Libertad to win, simply because meeting such a good, defensive team like that, away, will be too hard for San Lorenzo, or almost anyone for that matter. And, listening to Mexican Tv right now, Lorenzo are going for the win, a tie's not an option to them, that will open up even more for Libertad counterattacks, I think.
Well played mate. Please discuss more, certainly could use other opinions for Copa :clap As for Mozzi, it's quite a jerk move to start commenting something like that during the game. Even though my wager lost I feel this is a lesson learnt on your part to not open your mouth till the game ends.

Re: Copa Libertadores ( 3-6 march 09 ) Perhaps you'd care not to take everything people say as a personal attack :) I merely made an observation about how bad the goalkeeper was. Did I say "Toronto Mike, you're shit, your bets are wank!" or did I say that it now looks likely to be over 2.5 because the goalkeeper is abysmal and the scoreline is 2-0? Please do take care to examine the evidence before leaping to defend yourself when nobody is attacking. For the record, I had San Lorenzo to win in a bet, so I'm hardly in a position to take the piss, now, am I?

Perhaps you'd care not to take everything people say as a personal attack :) I merely made an observation about how bad the goalkeeper was. Did I say "Toronto Mike, you're shit, your bets are wank!" or did I say that it now looks likely to be over 2.5 because the goalkeeper is abysmal and the scoreline is 2-0? Please do take care to examine the evidence before leaping to defend yourself when nobody is attacking. For the record, I had San Lorenzo to win in a bet, so I'm hardly in a position to take the piss, now, am I?
Actually buddy, your observation was rather naive. A gentleman had Under 2.5 and made a great reason for it but to say that the game would go over 2.5 when it was 2-0 and with 60mins remaining is rather a low blow and what is more hilarious is that the scoreline stayed the same.

Re: Copa Libertadores ( 3-6 march 09 ) Im sure u all have ur own links for watching games but : http://atdhe.net/ is a truely magnificent place. Im watching u the river plate game with englis commentary, only because the betfair stream seems to be down... the website covers lots of games each day and u can even watch live t.v gl all & mike i see ur still verytetchy when it comes to people questioning ur opinions, remember, footie is a game of opinions, i hope u remember ur prediction of Inter beating Man Utd when i said it would be a draw,,, i never did hear from u again after that.. Anyway im still ur bud and if ur into brazilian footie il be following ur opinions and looking closely for ur contacts tips My predictions tonite River plate Match = DRAW Sau Paulo = Away win

Actually buddy' date=' your observation was rather naive. A gentleman had Under 2.5 and made a great reason for it but to say that the game would go over 2.5 when it was 2-0 and with 60mins remaining is rather a low blow and what is more hilarious is that the scoreline stayed the same.[/quote'] Weeelll, again, you could do with revising what I am writing as opposed to what you think I've written. But never mind - I will explain it for you. I made my comment after the 2nd goal had gone in, just before half-time. That would be approximately the 44th minute, thus 46 minutes to go. Given that the side losing 2-0 entered the game on the back of a 5-1 thrashing of their bitter rivals and are generally a better side than their hosts and that they're playing what is effectively a must-win game, it seems reasonble to anticipate that they could score a goal in 45 minutes, as defending no longer bears any fruit for them. Then consider that Libertad have also conceded a goal in 2 of their last 3 games overall as well as scoring 4 goals in those 3 games and their opponents had an utterly inept goalkeeper. All in all, that seems to indicate a goal somewhere, at least in my head :) True, there wasn't one, but at the time, it looked more than likely, hence my comment suggesting it was a likely outcome... Haha no, what is hilarious is that you think I had a bet that the scoreline stayed beneath 2.5. As I've said countless times already, I was simply making an observation. Generally, I don't make over/under bets - I stick to win-draw-win bets. However, the sheer irony of your comment is utterly ingenius, frankly. You attempt to accuse me of slandering your betting tips when I've more than proven that I've done nothing of the sort but you then have the nerve to label the result as "hilarious" because another punter's bet was incorrect, thus leaving them out of pocket? Directly or indirectly, that is pretty low, indeed. I think you should apologise to the punter in question. Don't worry about apologising to me for your unnecessary defensive attitude - I couldn't personally care less. I would reiterate my initial point though and point out that my comment was an observation. Is this site, and indeed thread, not simply a gathering of opinions? Or is this thread intended to worship your good self, Toronto Mike? I fancy the former, but I could be incorrect, of course :) More on-topic - anybody have any favourites in their head to win the tournament?

Im sure u all have ur own links for watching games but : http://atdhe.net/ is a truely magnificent place. Im watching u the river plate game with englis commentary, only because the betfair stream seems to be down... the website covers lots of games each day and u can even watch live t.v gl all & mike i see ur still verytetchy when it comes to people questioning ur opinions, remember, footie is a game of opinions, i hope u remember ur prediction of Inter beating Man Utd when i said it would be a draw,,, i never did hear from u again after that.. Anyway im still ur bud and if ur into brazilian footie il be following ur opinions and looking closely for ur contacts tips My predictions tonite River plate Match = DRAW :wall :wall :wall Sau Paulo = Away win
Pretty sick, River Plater deserved to come away with at least a draw.. However in these types of cups when ur away in different countries no game is a banker... Hopefully it cant happen twice in one night, with 2 big teams loosing Gladly i was able to trade a small loss on the draw after river got there goal. so all is not lost Come On Sau Paulo

Weeelll, again, you could do with revising what I am writing as opposed to what you think I've written. But never mind - I will explain it for you. I made my comment after the 2nd goal had gone in, just before half-time. That would be approximately the 44th minute, thus 46 minutes to go. Given that the side losing 2-0 entered the game on the back of a 5-1 thrashing of their bitter rivals and are generally a better side than their hosts and that they're playing what is effectively a must-win game, it seems reasonble to anticipate that they could score a goal in 45 minutes, as defending no longer bears any fruit for them. Then consider that Libertad have also conceded a goal in 2 of their last 3 games overall as well as scoring 4 goals in those 3 games and their opponents had an utterly inept goalkeeper. All in all, that seems to indicate a goal somewhere, at least in my head :) True, there wasn't one, but at the time, it looked more than likely, hence my comment suggesting it was a likely outcome... Haha no, what is hilarious is that you think I had a bet that the scoreline stayed beneath 2.5. As I've said countless times already, I was simply making an observation. Generally, I don't make over/under bets - I stick to win-draw-win bets. However, the sheer irony of your comment is utterly ingenius, frankly. You attempt to accuse me of slandering your betting tips when I've more than proven that I've done nothing of the sort but you then have the nerve to label the result as "hilarious" because another punter's bet was incorrect, thus leaving them out of pocket? Directly or indirectly, that is pretty low, indeed. I think you should apologise to the punter in question. Don't worry about apologising to me for your unnecessary defensive attitude - I couldn't personally care less. I would reiterate my initial point though and point out that my comment was an observation. Is this site, and indeed thread, not simply a gathering of opinions? Or is this thread intended to worship your good self, Toronto Mike? I fancy the former, but I could be incorrect, of course :) More on-topic - anybody have any favourites in their head to win the tournament?
It seems someone here just doesn't get it. Did I say you wagered on under 2.5? Nope First off the 2nd goal was scored in the 30th minute giving another 60 minutes of regulation. That is a fact. Secondly, when there is a poster who had suggested Under 2.5 with a legit reason and you all of a sudden say oh yes this should go over 2.5 when all they need is one more goal is close to being gloating. The poster himself even mentioned "it's easy to say when the game is being played" If you had mentioned the observation after the game had ended, stating you know what that game saw a terrible keeper, that's fine but to say it during the game that this match will go over 2.5 is like saying oh it's a banker with 60mins left to score one goal, absolute banker. But I shall move along because you just don't seem to fully understand the situation. BOL with your picks

America de Cali - Sao Paolo Well it's just second round, but Sao Paolo is already in some kind of trouble and in need of points. After first round and just draw at house, they need victory away from home. Sao Paolo has allways been sort of a "slow starter" and this year is not different. I don't see that Murcy Ramalho is woried about performances so far, but player seem like they are ready to start wining again. Hernanes said to local press : "We lost too many games allready, it's time to turn things around". Sao Paolo had some internal problems after game agains Santos this week, and Dagoberto and Washington will not play together in attack. Borges is back, and he will play with Washington, while Dagoberto will be on the bench. In midlefield, Ramalho will chose before the game Hugo or Junior Cesar, but that is not such a big isue IMHO. Home team is also in some kind of resoult crysis. They lost derby in weekend, and didn't start weel in Copa Libertadores, they lost in Uruguay against Defensor 0-1. For this game they won't be able to count on keeper Oscar Limia, who is not registered for Copa, and keeper will be Julián Mesa. Probable squads: AMÉRICA DE CALI: Julián Mesa; Juan Camilo Angulo, Pedro Tavima, Hárold Viáfara e Fernando Battiste; Diego Chará, John Valencia, Alex Del Castillo e Víctor Cortés; Adrián Ramos e Wílmer Parra Técnico: Diego Édison Umaña SÃO PAULO: Rogério Ceni; Renato Silva, André Dias e Miranda; Zé Luis, Jean, Hernanes, Hugo (Junior César) e Jorge Wagner; Washington e Borges Técnico: Muricy Ramalho Sao Paolo and Muricy Ramalho = great coach + great players and they play together for quite some time. They have 2 excellent defenders in Miranda and Andre Dias, fantastic midlefield and lethal attack, enough for me. Sao Paolo -0.25 @2.00 188Bet 6/10
Great punt mate, it was only a matter of time will Sao Paulo decided to wake up!

Pretty sick, River Plater deserved to come away with at least a draw.. However in these types of cups when ur away in different countries no game is a banker... Hopefully it cant happen twice in one night, with 2 big teams loosing Gladly i was able to trade a small loss on the draw after river got there goal. so all is not lost Come On Sau Paulo
I didn't get to see the River game :wall Lots of missed chances on their account?

It seems someone here just doesn't get it. Did I say you wagered on under 2.5? Nope First off the 2nd goal was scored in the 30th minute giving another 60 minutes of regulation. That is a fact. Secondly, when there is a poster who had suggested Under 2.5 with a legit reason and you all of a sudden say oh yes this should go over 2.5 when all they need is one more goal is close to being gloating. The poster himself even mentioned "it's easy to say when the game is being played" If you had mentioned the observation after the game had ended, stating you know what that game saw a terrible keeper, that's fine but to say it during the game that this match will go over 2.5 is like saying oh it's a banker with 60mins left to score one goal, absolute banker. But I shall move along because you just don't seem to fully understand the situation. BOL with your picks
Ah, in that case it's my bad on that front, I didn't read his post very well - I thought he put over 2.5. I wasn't saying it was a banker, hence the "pretty likely" comment as opposed to "definitely do this" but ok. :beer