** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Anyone any strong ante-post fancies for the flat season?

fintron

It is little over a month now until the flat season kicks off. Has anyone had any ante-post bets for next season and started to assemble their lists of horses to follow? After he won at Doncaster I backed Crowded House for both the Derby (14/1) and 2000 Guineas (12/1) and got a little carried away after Flowing Cape's last win and put a little on him for the Lincoln handicap at 66/1. I also like the look of Leocorno for the Oaks as she is a half-sister to Golan and Tartan Bearer so looks well bred. She won on her debut at Doncaster despite not getting the best of runs and is 16/1 in places. Worth a punt? I contemplated Lord Shanakill for the 2000 Guineas too but thought it might be asking too much for it to go on and win so am happy to keep Crowded House as my main bet for now.

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Anyone any strong ante-post fancies for the flat season? There is a story about the Oaks on the RP today. 77 horses are entered at this stage. Rainbow View is still the fav but I have backed Leocorno who is beautifully bred and now into 12/1 as the second fav.

Re: Anyone any strong ante-post fancies for the flat season? Oh well .. 6 months of real suffering starting now. What has the right breeding, what will jump out of the stalls fine. That's not tipping :moon :tongue2 Seriously, will try and have a real go at the flat this year. Have improved a lot with the jumps in these 3 years, but no real advancement over the flat despite trying hard. Hope to improve this year :hope :ok

Re: Anyone any strong ante-post fancies for the flat season?

Oh well .. 6 months of real suffering starting now. What has the right breeding, what will jump out of the stalls fine. That's not tipping :moon :tongue2 Seriously, will try and have a real go at the flat this year. Have improved a lot with the jumps in these 3 years, but no real advancement over the flat despite trying hard. Hope to improve this year :hope :ok
Theres still Aintree to crack first :tongue2

Re: Anyone any strong ante-post fancies for the flat season? I have backed Art Connoiseur for the Guineas after he won at Royal Ascot. Has since been a little disappointing, but still could be a value bet at 25/1. I have also backed Diabolical for the Golden Shaheen in Dubai. After the false start on Arc day, Diabolical went on to 'race' the track and clocked some ridiculous time. I cannot remember the ins and outs of it all, but it would have beaten Marchon D'or by a good few seconds apparently, had they raced.... Not a huge price fr the Dubai race, but at 5/1 surely an E/W bet to nothing.

Re: Anyone any strong ante-post fancies for the flat season? One I'd like to keep the right side of is Orizaba. A strapping Colt who didn't seem to stay a mile on his last run of last season and did ran into abit of trouble. He's still entered in the Guineas but I think he could well stick to sprinting. This horse first caught my eye when finishing 5th in the Coventry stakes from a bad draw and finished like a train.

Re: Anyone any strong ante-post fancies for the flat season?

you should all be following dhauler dhar;) eh lads?
Whats the craic with this now? Have Middleham sent anything back to confirm we part own it do we know? They ran it in the Lincoln last year but just looked on SL and no future entries are on its profile. I hope its coming around Yorkshire at some point.