Wolverhampton (eve) 26/2/09

fintron

Re: Wolverhampton (eve) 26/2/09 8.20 Wolv Wine 'n Dine - this isn't a very imaginative pick but is one i've been following throughout his handicap career. He picked up a couple of class 4 handicaps around the turn of the year and although 3rd off this mark last time out at Lingfield, I don't think you can totally write him off because he didn't get the race run to suit and wasn't beaten far regardless. He has been very progressive this season and I don't think you can write him off yet, even though he is yet to win in the grade. He looks open to much more improvement than some of those in opposition, who have been running in sellers and claimers (Blacktoft, Wind Flow and United Nations) or haven't won in an age (Boo). Spirit of Adjisa is the only potential danger in my opinion but he hasn't acheived as much as Wine 'n Dine to date and must prove this leap in class is warranted. I'll take the Gary Moore horse to bounce back. 6/4 Paddypower 8.50 Wolv Plush - another one of my favourite all-weather horses, he is prolific over 9f at Wolves. He has gone from strength to strength this season and understandably the handicapper has taken note, burdening him with another 11 lbs after a walk-in-the-park win last time out. Richard Kingscote is on again today after their win together last time out and with the Tom Dascombe yard in top form at the minute I'll take him to add a fifth CD win here. 7/4 Stan James

Re: Wolverhampton (eve) 26/2/09 6.50 White shift looks an interesting candidate here she has been running in listed and group 2/3 races on turf and hasnt done too bad in places, last time tried on all weather at kempton over 6f she was last but first time out at great leighs she won over 5f and has another win and place over 2f in the her past, any chance of those repeats here today would see her walk away with this race! 1pt win white shift

Re: Wolverhampton (eve) 26/2/09 7.20 Wolv - Count Ceprano - Win Drops down to a class 5 for the first time in a while having come down to 75 in the ratings. Ran in a class 3 last time and ran poorly, beaten 6L by Flowing Cape, Southandwest, Capricorn Run. There's nothing of that calibre running tonight. Mostly he's been running in class 4 handicaps and being beaten a couple of lengths by the likes of Gallantry, Mogok Ruby, Dvinsky - all pretty solid all weather sprinters. Tends to get behind in his races then come with a late rattle but in better races they've usually flown by the time he gets going. Hopefully this lot wil be running a bit slower and give him a chance to catch them To be honest, he's a horse I've been following and trying to pick the day he wins - if it's not today, I'm giving up on him. My thought has been that he wants 7 furlongs in a race with 2 or 3 front runners taking each other on and setting it up for his late burst. There's a couple of sharp types running tonight and I'm hoping his class at this level will negate the need for the 7th furlong

Re: Wolverhampton (eve) 26/2/09

Agree chris but she probably 'needs the run' and the market is not speaking as if she will be ready, drifted all day so far. I think Harry Up looks the bet of the night now back in this company.
handiest few pound i made all day..thanks spoon!

Re: Wolverhampton (eve) 26/2/09 Im gonna go with Bahamian Lad E/W in the 7.20. Won off 72 here over CD last year and running of 5lb lower here. Last run was first for a year so easily ignored. Il give him a chance at the weights and and at a decent price if proving fitter. :hope

Re: Wolverhampton (eve) 26/2/09

Im gonna go with Bahamian Lad E/W in the 7.20. Won off 72 here over CD last year and running of 5lb lower here. Last run was first for a year so easily ignored. Il give him a chance at the weights and and at a decent price if proving fitter. :hope
Good call sir, 15.5/1 betfair SP. :clap

Re: Wolverhampton (eve) 26/2/09 7.50 I like remember Ramon, won on only previous try here but trip is unknown so small stakes, also like Blockley. Monaadi raised 5lbs for last time for neck win so not interested. Blockley, interference last time so give a chance. Blue Hills - looks too high in weight.

Re: Wolverhampton (eve) 26/2/09 8.20 Obviously the favourite will be hard to beat and good luck to all on him. But the only other one that really caught my eye was Spirit of Adjisa (maybe EW), mainly campaigned on turf, he didnt run a bad race on his only ever attempt here. This is his distance so might be one for the FC although the jockey does put me off slightly because i dont know much about him :hope

Re: Wolverhampton (eve) 26/2/09 9.20 Joe Fanning travels to Wolverhampton for one ride tonight on Royal Society. Didnt show much last year, but interesting first time on polytrack. Not a race to get excited about and if the favourite doesnt run as well as expected, the Johnstone horse Royal Society should pick up the pieces. 3/1