Boxing: Darchinayan Vs. Arce/ Jennings V Cotto/ Pavlik V Rubio

For anyone who likes the really littl'uns and doesn't have a beard and glasses;) Super flyweight world title fight between Darchinayan and Arce. Darchinayan is a fringe pound for pound top tenner. Superb fighter, doesn't have a great deal of defense and has once been sparked out by a guy who most thought didn't stand a chance. But he's learned from that and IMO has looked sensational in his last couple of fights. Arce will be no push over, and a few are predicting an upset but Darchinayan has designs on moving upto super bantamweight and taking on the likes of Vasquez. So getting KO'd isn't a mistake he'll be repeating IMO. I've got this down as a second half KO so I've taken: 1.77 [email protected] Darchinayan by stoppage rds 10-12 [email protected] Darchinayan by stoppage rds 7-9 Either coming in pays 17.7

Re: Boxing tonight: Darchinayan Vs. Arce

I'm on final day of a training course tomorrow morning at 10am so won't be staying up for it but set it to record on Setanta at 2am and will watch it tomorrow evening.
I'm not staying up for it, I'll catch the repeat on Setanta at some point over the next couple of days. Should be a rip-roarer.

Re: Boxing tonight: Darchinayan Vs. Arce There's a UFC on at the same time... maybe the wrong place for it but I'll post my little double anyway... Joe Lauzon to bt. Jeremy Stephens - Stephens is a last minute-ish replacement for teammate Hermes Franca, he is coming off of a brutal KO win and has undoubted power but Lauzon should be able to get a submission or ground out a decision on the mat. Lauzon had a notable win over legend Jens Pulver, and as a result was pushed in too early against Kenny Florian, ending in a loss. He should reboud from this against Stephens, he has a much broader skillset and should look to take it down early. Cain Valesquez to bt. Denis Stojnic - Velasquez heavy favourite should be too much for newcomer Stojnic who is fighting in the UFC for the 1st time. Has not had much experience and the first time in the cage poses problems for even the best fighters. Velasquez, whilst inexperienced, is undefeated with a 3-0 record in the UFC. He is a promising young heavyweight and should roll over Stojnic easily here. Anthony Johnson to bt. Luigi Fioravanti - Johnson should simply use his considerable strength and size advantage in this fight, keeping Fioravanti at the end of his jab and kicks and avoiding a takedown with his superior wrestling. Can't see Fioravanti doing enough to win 3 rounds and a KO is unlikely. Treble pays around 2.40 depending on where you go. ..As for the boxing, don't know much about either but have seen Darchinyan's last bout and he is a tough guy, it appears that age and durability will be a factor with Arce. Interesting bit from BadLeftHook.com .. Vic Darchinyan is the favorite over Jorge Arce, but the book doesn't have him as quite the overwhelming choice that most boxing fans and writers do. Conventional wisdom says Darchinyan eventually hammers Arce down, but conventional wisdom also said Darchinyan would be dominated by Cristian Mijares. Vic is a -400 favorite, with Arce as a +300 underdog. I really think Arce is a bit underestimated in this fight. I'm not going to call the upset like I did with Vic over Mijares, but I really don't think this will be quite the landslide it's being made out to be by most. Arce has a much bigger frame than does Darchinyan, and even though most think Arce is on the downside of his career after so many wars, and he's absolutely had trouble with southpaws of late, I think he presents some challenges for Vic. The last time we saw Darchinyan face a guy that can punch, he got his head knocked off. That's not to say Arce has the speed of Nonito Donaire, but he's quicker than Vic, even now. Still, Darchinyan at -400 is a pretty solid bet.

Re: Boxing tonight: Darchinayan Vs. Arce Joe Lauzon to bt. Jeremy Stephens - Stephens is a last minute-ish replacement for teammate Hermes Franca, he is coming off of a brutal KO win and has undoubted power but Lauzon should be able to get a submission or ground out a decision on the mat. Lauzon had a notable win over legend Jens Pulver, and as a result was pushed in too early against Kenny Florian, ending in a loss. He should reboud from this against Stephens, he has a much broader skillset and should look to take it down early. Cain Valesquez to bt. Denis Stojnic - Velasquez heavy favourite should be too much for newcomer Stojnic who is fighting in the UFC for the 1st time. Has not had much experience and the first time in the cage poses problems for even the best fighters. Velasquez, whilst inexperienced, is undefeated with a 3-0 record in the UFC. He is a promising young heavyweight and should roll over Stojnic easily here. Anthony Johnson to bt. Luigi Fioravanti - Johnson should simply use his considerable strength and size advantage in this fight, keeping Fioravanti at the end of his jab and kicks and avoiding a takedown with his superior wrestling. Can't see Fioravanti doing enough to win 3 rounds and a KO is unlikely. Treble pays around 2.40 depending on where you go. ..Treble comes in. 2nd Rd Submission for Lauzon, 2nd Round TKO for Cain and 1st Rd KO for Johnson. :ok

Re: Boxing tonight: Darchinayan Vs. Arce Counting meself a bit lucky there, firstly that it wasn't stopped in the first half, then secondly that the doctor stopped it before the 12th. Having said that Arce had taken massive punishment. I like Darchinayan a lot, IMO he's the fighter Hamed should have matured into. Devastating with either hand, fast and very unorthodox in where he throws his punches from.

Re: Boxing tonight: Darchinayan Vs. Arce Love vic's style, and his ko defeat adds more intrigue to his future bouts. Would like to see him lock horns again with Nonaire, though a move up to BW and a clash with big punching Agbeko whets the appetite big time. Not keen on his persona though, on a personal level, but great fights are what it's all about. Did you notice , it seemed to be a rope burn that re-opened Arce's cut. The fight game never fails to astonish.

Love vic's style, and his ko defeat adds more intrigue to his future bouts. Would like to see him lock horns again with Nonaire, though a move up to BW and a clash with big punching Agbeko whets the appetite big time. Not keen on his persona though, on a personal level, but great fights are what it's all about. Did you notice , it seemed to be a rope burn that re-opened Arce's cut. The fight game never fails to astonish.
Only just watched this after recording it on Sky+, weird end to the fight. Slow motion replays were looking for a punch, elbow or head butt that caused the cut but then they showed it from the angle outside the ropes and you could see his eye get a rope burn as you mention. :eek There were a few fights on last night too and Clinton Woods won on points.

Did you see the Skelton fight last night? I think that's just about the most disgraceful thing I've ever seen in a boxing ring.
No, what happened? I went through Setanta and Sky Sports and couldn't find any boxing on. What channel was it on and was Woods etc on live too?

No' date=' what happened? I went through Setanta and Sky Sports and couldn't find any boxing on. What channel was it on and was Woods etc on live too?[/quote'] It was on Eurosport. he was fighting Paolo Vidoz in Italy, Vidoz was obviously waaay out of shape and not up for it at all. He tried to quit in the 8th round but neither the referee or his corner would let him. Skelton was stood telling the referee to stop him, Vidoz turned his back and walked away but the referee (some french bloke) just told them to get on with it. Inbetween 8 and 9 he's sat telling his corner he's not going back out, his promoter comes along and his corner and promoter literally pushed him back in for the 9th. His promoter was going crazy. It was absolute madness. Never seen anything like it.

Happened nearly 2 months ago!
hee hee, Skelton out again this w/end against Irish cabbie Rogan. Not everyone's cuppa tea, but looking forward to this. Both can be messy (they are heavies after all) but neither will be running in this one. Will be a finesse-free zone, with plenty of stag-like head to head expected. Like both blokes. Hate the phrase free money, but cotto by ko the nearest thing to it. 20% return beats my building society anyway. Perfect accy material, will be bunging him in some League wagers.

Re: Boxing tonight: Darchinayan Vs. Arce nice a boxing thread:) great call with vic paul!¬!! also looking forward to the skelton brawl as well - good old fashioned brawl but you have to fancy skelton imo re cotto-jennings.....im a friend of micks, went to school with him for 15 years...........he knows hes well against it and i hope he does well but its a massive task but hes buzzing about msg!!!!!! hope he does himself proudbut it will be v. tough!!! hes a real nice guy though , placid as can be and in no way up his own cakehole. its a massive step up and i hope his chin can handle it (he had some real rocky times via bradley pryce) and cotto will hit twice as hard but as fitness goes hes exemplory just his luck that his opportunity comes against cotto:(.....anyway if he can take his punch early his best cahnce is to jab and move - something he does well. so on that note ive got to have a tenner on him just so i can scream COME ON MICK!!!:-D hope he comes back with everything together thats all that matters in the end:) btw - looks like it may not be shown on setanta as warren is a greedy bar steward - are people allowed to post links to live streams on this site as they may be required to watch this live?

Re: Boxing tonight: Darchinayan Vs. Arce whoop whoop ignore above - setanta have just confirmed they have it on;-) Setanta Sports are delighted to announce that we have reached agreement with Sports Network to secure the rights for Michael Jennings's WBO world welterweight title bout with Miguel Cotto. The biggest fight of the Chorley fighter's life at Madison Square Garden in New York against the Puerto Rican idol forms part of a massive double-header for boxing fans with Kelly Pavlik's contest with Marco Antonio Rubio also being screened on Setanta this weekend. It had been reported in some areas of the media that Sports Network were unwilling to conclude negotiations but this was never the case, it has just taken some time to reach agreement over the rights to the fight. We apologise for the confusion over the Jennings-Cotto bout but have tried to keep our viewers informed of the developments and are delighted that the matter has reached a positive conclusion at this late stage.

nice a boxing thread:) great call with vic paul!¬!! also looking forward to the skelton brawl as well - good old fashioned brawl but you have to fancy skelton imo re cotto-jennings.....im a friend of micks, went to school with him for 15 years...........he knows hes well against it and i hope he does well but its a massive task but hes buzzing about msg!!!!!! hope he does himself proudbut it will be v. tough!!! hes a real nice guy though , placid as can be and in no way up his own cakehole. its a massive step up and i hope his chin can handle it (he had some real rocky times via bradley pryce) and cotto will hit twice as hard but as fitness goes hes exemplory just his luck that his opportunity comes against cotto:(.....anyway if he can take his punch early his best cahnce is to jab and move - something he does well. so on that note ive got to have a tenner on him just so i can scream COME ON MICK!!!:-D hope he comes back with everything together thats all that matters in the end:) btw - looks like it may not be shown on setanta as warren is a greedy bar steward - are people allowed to post links to live streams on this site as they may be required to watch this live?
Smashing post superfoo! Yeah i've a lot of time for Mick myself. Met him a few times and a more laid back bloke it'd be hard to find. A lovely boxer at domestic level, superb technician and well schooled. Going up another plateau with Miguel though, and has'nt the power to earn his respect. With this in mind, Cotto will be able to relentlessly stalk his prey, ploughing those ferocious body shots in from all angles. Whatever happens ( and as you say well-being is the main priority, in this toughest of sports ) not many Brit boxers will be able to flog the " at least i've fought at the mecca of boxing" line. Not that Jennings would anyway. Hope FW has secured a decent payday for him. On Cotto for the max' and a treble of Gamboa U6.5, Duddy O 9.5 @ 2.16 b365. Yuri's in an 8 rounder, he'll want to put his less than impressive pts win last time out behind him. Estrada no stranger to the canvas and his corner pulled him out last year with Kev Mitchell. Duddy and vanda tough as old boots fighters. Was after duddy pts but none available, so the Over fits the bill.

Re: Boxing: Darchinayan Vs. Arce/ Jennings V Cotto/ Pavlik V Rubio I was going to create another boxing thread for this weekends fights but seen as there are already some good posts about this weekends action i've just edited the title. Good to have some more boxing fans on here and we have a boxing thread in the Sports Banter section for general boxing discussion etc rather than these threads more aimed at betting on the fights. :ok http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/f27/boxing-thread-khan-fight-barrera-62724/index15.html

Re: Boxing: Darchinayan Vs. Arce/Jennings V Cotto/Pavlik V Rubio Who's stayed up for the fight/s then? I can't see past Cotto within 6 rounds but i'd love to see Jennings win. I suppose if you wanted a bit of interest you could take Jennings for each round at 150-1 with William Hill, stranger things have happened. I'm not sure what to think of the Pavlik fight and won't be betting on that one. Not got any money on the Cotto fight either, if the bookies have the prices right there is not much value on Cotto unless you guess the right round, first 3 rounds for Cotto are around 8-1/10-1. Cotto is a 1-25 fav and a Jennings win would be a massive shock. That russian fella is on now in a 4 rounder that PaulM picked out, he looked very good last time out. :ok

Re: Boxing: Darchinayan Vs. Arce/ Jennings V Cotto/ Pavlik V Rubio Interested in this after Pauls comments on the russian. No bets on other fights, just hoping for a decent show from Jennings, also Pavlik worth watching as he has a bit to prove tonight,

Re: Boxing: Darchinayan Vs. Arce/ Jennings V Cotto/ Pavlik V Rubio Korobev.....thought it was a bit average tbh but 4 rouns isnt enough to judge someone. Cracking shot near the end though, certainly has power and to be there and doing that after 4 fights this guy ceratinly has some talent.

Re: Boxing: Darchinayan Vs. Arce/ Jennings V Cotto/ Pavlik V Rubio Mowgli, i repectfully disagree on the "no value on Cotto unless you guess the round" comment. 20% return was manna from heaven, and with it an excellent max allowed from boyles..no betwin-type nonsense re: the stakes allowed. 25 % was there for the riskier unders also. Anyway, Gamboa in 35 seconds, Duddy with a comfortable UD and the Cotto shoo-in brings a nice treble in. Fairplay to The Lurcher. Hope he banked at least 100K for last night. superfoo, is Mick still gigging with that 'punk' band mate?

Re: Boxing: Darchinayan Vs. Arce/ Jennings V Cotto/ Pavlik V Rubio

Mowgli, i repectfully disagree on the "no value on Cotto unless you guess the round" comment. 20% return was manna from heaven, and with it an excellent max allowed from boyles..no betwin-type nonsense re: the stakes allowed. 25 % was there for the riskier unders also. Anyway, Gamboa in 35 seconds, Duddy with a comfortable UD and the Cotto shoo-in brings a nice treble in. Fairplay to The Lurcher. Hope he banked at least 100K for last night. superfoo, is Mick still gigging with that 'punk' band mate?
He was a 2-9 shot outright and I'm not a 2-9 player, 90 on to win 20 is not for me. He was also odds on for the KO. I suppose if part of a treble it isn't too bad but I was happy enough to just watch the fight and not bet on it. I'd considered the round group betting on rounds 4-6 and decided against it in the end. Jennings was honest enough after the fight, knew he was not good enough and really understands what world class is now. It's a shame Audley Harrison isn't as honest after his fights, his dream of becoming heavyweight champion just has everyone rolling round in fits of laughter. Greenhoff - are you off to Khan V Barrera, there are a few of us from here going if you want to meet up for a drink. :ok

Smashing post superfoo! Yeah i've a lot of time for Mick myself. Met him a few times and a more laid back bloke it'd be hard to find. A lovely boxer at domestic level, superb technician and well schooled. Going up another plateau with Miguel though, and has'nt the power to earn his respect. With this in mind, Cotto will be able to relentlessly stalk his prey, ploughing those ferocious body shots in from all angles. Whatever happens ( and as you say well-being is the main priority, in this toughest of sports ) not many Brit boxers will be able to flog the " at least i've fought at the mecca of boxing" line. Not that Jennings would anyway. Hope FW has secured a decent payday for him. On Cotto for the max' and a treble of Gamboa U6.5, Duddy O 9.5 @ 2.16 b365. Yuri's in an 8 rounder, he'll want to put his less than impressive pts win last time out behind him. Estrada no stranger to the canvas and his corner pulled him out last year with Kev Mitchell. Duddy and vanda tough as old boots fighters. Was after duddy pts but none available, so the Over fits the bill.
great call this greenhoff - everything going as you said. wish i had seen it earlier as it all made good sense!!!! in the end mick just wasnt good enough, not enough behind his punches and with cotto throwing with such authority was always going to be uphill. Mick gave a valiant effort and has done his hometown proud. Fair do's he got on his bike a touch but imo i think that was what he had to do and hope for cotto to tire, but alas wasnt to be. And as commented no excuses he held his hand up and said the better man wonadn it was a bridge too far, all good experience for him though and was a fair stoppage imo as i know B Hughes wouldve pulled him at the end of the round anyway. just not sure where he will go from here..........on another note welters look quite good at mo, some good fights on horizon hopefully. re other qustions yes he got 6figures for the fight (iheard various but about 120k i think) and as for The Shoks (the punk band) the bassist Nedder unfortunately died in a car crash at the end of last year so it is on hold at the moment but I think they are going to carry on if they find another bassist, maybe now cotto is out of the way the will start up as they have stated thats what Ned wouldve wanted. Just a quick note on duddy - i know hes boxings blue eyed boy at the moment but i think he is hugeley overrated, no way he can beat pavlik imo as people mentioned but i thought he was meant to be dropping to junior middle anyway? and thanks for the link mowgill will check it out!

Re: Boxing: Darchinayan Vs. Arce/ Jennings V Cotto/ Pavlik V Rubio Caught the Gamboa fight last night. The knockout right he threw is one of the qucikest punchest I've seen thrown with minimal leverage. Very Impressive. On the same bill was an ex Cuban fighter Erilslandy Lara. This guy looked something special to me. Great range of punches thrown with immense power. Both these fighters are World Champions in the making and I shall be following their progress.

great call this greenhoff - everything going as you said. wish i had seen it earlier as it all made good sense!!!! in the end mick just wasnt good enough, not enough behind his punches and with cotto throwing with such authority was always going to be uphill. Mick gave a valiant effort and has done his hometown proud. Fair do's he got on his bike a touch but imo i think that was what he had to do and hope for cotto to tire, but alas wasnt to be. And as commented no excuses he held his hand up and said the better man wonadn it was a bridge too far, all good experience for him though and was a fair stoppage imo as i know B Hughes wouldve pulled him at the end of the round anyway. just not sure where he will go from here..........on another note welters look quite good at mo, some good fights on horizon hopefully. re other qustions yes he got 6figures for the fight (iheard various but about 120k i think) and as for The Shoks (the punk band) the bassist Nedder unfortunately died in a car crash at the end of last year so it is on hold at the moment but I think they are going to carry on if they find another bassist, maybe now cotto is out of the way the will start up as they have stated thats what Ned wouldve wanted. Just a quick note on duddy - i know hes boxings blue eyed boy at the moment but i think he is hugeley overrated, no way he can beat pavlik imo as people mentioned but i thought he was meant to be dropping to junior middle anyway? and thanks for the link mowgill will check it out!
Cheers for the reply re: The Shoks mate. Did'nt know about the bassist, sad news. Mick states he wants to carry on boxing, and there's plenty of dom/euro challenges out there for him. Kell Brookes would be a seller no problem. Agree about Duddy. His nationality is basically his lottery ticket. I like the bloke though, and at least there's nothing Audley'esque about his fights. Limited but gives his lot. He was on about dropping down to 154, given the standard of the middleweight division, but it seems they've dropped the idea and are chasing the big pay-out v's Pavlik. Mowgli, i'll be in a party of ten for the MAB/Amir fight. My Mike Gomez sombrero will be getting another outing, and a few will be kitted out like The Three Amigos. If you spot us , come and say 'how-do' :cow