6 Nations Rugby

Re: 6 Nations Rugby

A.Goode over 8.5 pts currently 1.87 on Betfair' date=' as I said before this was a good bet at 1.57. The worst English result against Wales in the last 6 matches was 11-9 to Wales in 2005![/quote'] agree curently @ 1.83 for +/- 7.5 point and still a good pick Andy Goode stat : http://www.itsrugby.fr/joueur_1083.html i felll good :lol

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 6 Nations Rugby France v Scotland Hard to know how these two losers from last week will approach this on a cold but bright (forecast) afternoon in Paris. There's talk of it getting a bit ugly, but that would help neither teams --coaches particularly. The 15 handicap worries me only because it seems about right. Depends how it's reffed, but I'll take a low stakes tilt on: 0.5 pts SELL total points 42 Wales v England Roof off and Shane Williams out, helps England. But there are tides in the affairs of men and I think Wales will take this with a flood of just great rugby. I think they'll win by 25. It'll be an absolute blow-out. There's power, pace, leadership all over this team. The 9 handicap is far too low. 33pts Wales-9 @ 10/11 1pt Lee Byrne MoM @ 12-1 2pts Powell MOM @ 12-1 3 pts BUY Wales/England pts @ 12

Re: 6 Nations Rugby The ref was average to say the least, he had very little to do overall & still looked average! England give away the first three penalties,ater each one Borthwick is called over and is given a lecture. How many times was Jones given a lecture after the 10 Welsh penalties? Not wishing to take anything away from the Welsh, they kicked the penalties that were awarded to them and they won fair and square but England exposed a few tactical frailties within the Welsh game. The Ireland v Wales game for me could be a classic and I cannot wait.

Re: 6 Nations Rugby I agree Nige. I said earlier Wales are far from the finished article and they proved that yesterday. Lee Byrne kicked the ball away too much and in attack they were constantly knocked backwards. Of the backs Halfpenny was the only one that looked decent with ball in hand and Mark Jones looks as if he'll never score another international try. Considering England played 60mins with 14 men I thought it was an excellent performance and they could well go on to beat either France or Ireland.

IRB updated rankings:

PositionTeamPoints
4Wales82.51
6Ireland80.49
7England80.37
8France79.10
9Scotland75.47
11Italy73.28
Based on the rating points, in the next round of matches France should lose to Wales by 1 point, Ireland should beat England by 7 points whilst Scotland should beat Italy by 11 points. These equate to odds of: France - 1.90 Wales - 1.90 Draw - 50.0 Ireland - 1.40 England - 2.25 Draw - 50.0 Scotland - 1.22 Italy - 4.0 Draw - 50.0 Again will review bookie odds to see if any potential value bets available

Re: 6 Nations Rugby All joking aside Wumpking I do genuinly find your calculations fascinating! Are they a formula that you have devised or is it a widely understood equation used in these instances? I ask this beacause I would expect Wales to be bigger odds than 1.90, seeing as they are the away team and France at the moment are I reckon a better team than England at home.

Re: 6 Nations Rugby Bit of a price collapse on Wales after the announcement of the French team. Wales were evens start of the week now as low as 8/11 with some firms and top priced 10/11 which won't be around for long I reckon. France playing Baby and outside half and a fatboy in the centre.

France playing Baby and outside half and a fatboy in the centre.
If by fatboy you mean Mr Basteraud, I certainly don't fancy being the opposing centre! His nickname is "The Beast" unsurprisingly, believe me having seen him this season at Quins v Stade Francais he is a big lump and he can shift to! Name Mathieu Bastareaud DOB 16/7/88 Club Stade Francais Position Centre Height/Weight 188/110 :eek

Re: 6 Nations Rugby Everyone seems to think Wales are gonna walk the six nations, but I have my doubts. I think Ireland are going to upset the party, and I think Martin Johnsson may add a few creases to his forehead this weekend.:beer

If by fatboy you mean Mr Basteraud, I certainly don't fancy being the opposing centre! His nickname is "The Beast" unsurprisingly, believe me having seen him this season at Quins v Stade Francais he is a big lump and he can shift to! Name Mathieu Bastareaud DOB 16/7/88 Club Stade Francais Position Centre Height/Weight 188/110 :eek
Yeah I was being a bit sarcastic mate. Not seen him play but he's built more like a prop forward than a centre. Think playing Baby at Flyhalf is a huge risk though in a match that could well decide the eventual 6 nations winner.

Everyone seems to think Wales are gonna walk the six nations' date=' but I have my doubts. I think Ireland are going to upset the party, and I think Martin Johnsson may add a few creases to his forehead this weekend.:beer[/quote'] :welcomerecs. The Ireland game is going to be a very tough game and so is the French game but having seen the team Lievermont has picked I just can't see Wales losing. Should be a cracking game with lots of tries hopefully.

Re: 6 Nations Rugby I can't remember Wales being so short in the betting for an away match in France. Certainly no value backing them @ 1.78 or less, so no bet for me in this game. Ireland's odds of 1.40 look about right. Again no bet for me here. Scotland however do look value @ 1.33. Therefore bet for me this weekend is: £50 win on Scotland @ 1.33 with Skybet

Re: 6 Nations Rugby Hmmm, good luck Wumpking. I'm thinking about taking the 3 away teams as straight wins this w/e. Don't suppose that has ever happened in 6N. Wales are a shoo-in against the Frog selection. England just might find some mojo. Ireland are efficient, but not special. Italy have shipped 7 tries in two games but if they can keep their discipline then this is a decent XV as now configured. Decent only, but the Scots are hardly pulling up trees.

Hmmm, good luck Wumpking. I'm thinking about taking the 3 away teams as straight wins this w/e. Don't suppose that has ever happened in 6N.
I hope you dont put to much on that. I always keep hoping Italy are going to put in a performance of note, but as yet I remain disappointed. I dont see any surprises this weekend.

Re: 6 Nations Rugby Right, let's get into Wales to start with. Paris as a venue poses few threats to Wales and can actually work against the French, particularly if the Frogs fall behind early. French preparation has been hobbled and Lievremont's 9,10 plus Bastareaud could go wrong big time. Having lost to Ireland, France remain 2011 focused and could get rolled here. 3pts BUY Wales/France points @ 4 1pt SELL time of first Wales try @ 36 mins 4pts Lee Byrne try anytime @ 7/2

Re: 6 Nations Rugby It's not often I disagree with David Gee by 15 points, but I do tonight. http://www.bettingzone.co.uk/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=betting/09/02/27/manual_112316.html There might be upsets this weekend but not, I think, at Stade de France. I'll also stick with the Welsh No 8 going well. He's a Lions certainty and will likely play the full 80 mins. 1pt MoM Andy Powell @ 22/1 (paddy)

Re: 6 Nations Rugby I am a late home from work so no time for write ups. France too good to lose by much, so the Welsh can sing and chant as much as they like about their chances! However saying that the Welsh should win but not by much certainly under 10 points. The one thing that will kill the French is no recognised goal kicker! You cannot win matches without one, England have proved this with no Jonny it's no six nations or fortress Twickenham! But Welsh beware I would certainly cover any bet with a French points win of around 6-10, because with no goal kicker they may win this by a try. I haven't looked but Paddy Power sometimes offers an alternative winning margin of 1-10 and tonight this looks attractive for the French! The French are always to be feared when they are regarded as under dogs, ask any All Blacks fan!

Re: 6 Nations Rugby Strength in depth may be the issue for Gatland & Wales! How can you expect Henson to come on and make a difference when he has played so little Rugby. I also felt Powell was shown up again, apart from the joint hit on Chabal he wasn't really at the races tonight! Italy in Rome won't be easy, they should win but they will need a big performance to lift themselves and rebuild their confidence.