Daily Double Thread

On Sporting Life and in the tabloids they give punters a daily double comprised of their nap and a nb selection. I imagine there is a recommended double in the RP too although I haven't bought one in ages so aren't sure. Anyway, although we have a BBOTD thread on here and plenty of people posting their tips up individually, I thought we should start a double thread in which we can all chip in with our own doubles and see how we get on. For a while I have been under the impression that singles bets are the best way to go and that multiples are okay from time to time, but that the majority of long term profits would be achieved through singles. However, I don't think there is any harm in doing this for a while and seeing if there is any interest. It will be fun to see if we can achieve the sort of returns advertised by the betting thief in the recent thread below! I'll post mine up in a minute when i've finally decided on my nb selection, who else is in?

Re: Daily Double Thread Nice idea Fin! I won't be backing these with my own cash at the moment, just seeing how it goes! My Double: 13-20 Newbury -- Greenbridge -- 13/2 BetDirect Bog 14-05 Newcastle -- Stagecoach Opal -- 7/2 Boylesport BOG 0.5pts E/W Pays (at least): Both Win -- 34.88 > Both Place -- £3.38

Re: Daily Double Thread Good to see there is some early interest in this. If interest is maintained then we could make it a regular thing, I wouldn't mind acting as the admin although we would have to look at some proper rules to make it straightforward to oversee. One step at a time though. Here's hoping for sum juicy payouts.

Re: Daily Double Thread

12.40 Lingfield - Rebel City 11/10 8.50 Kempton - Fancy Footsteps 3/1 0.5 pt EW double with Paddypower pays at least 5.18 pts if both win, 0.98 pts if both place (possible more with the bog).
Good luck with this Fin :ok This raises an interesting point which I think is worth pointing out since it might not be something people have thought about. 9/4 is the price at which a place double reaches a profit (and that's at 1/5 the odds). So if you can find 2 horses above 2/1 in a couple of 8 runner races, and they both finish 3rd, you get at least your money back, with of course a chance of making a nice profit if they both win. As with all these things, it's harder than it sounds, but I thought it worth pointing out since Fintrons double attempt is along very similar lines. :ok

Nice idea Fin! I won't be backing these with my own cash at the moment, just seeing how it goes! My Double: 13-20 Newbury -- Greenbridge -- 13/2 BetDirect Bog 14-05 Newcastle -- Stagecoach Opal -- 7/2 Boylesport BOG 0.5pts E/W Pays (at least): Both Win -- 34.88 > Both Place -- £3.38
Well you can scratch mine, and any other involving Newcastle races :@

Re: Daily Double Thread Mine bit the dust after the first leg......... I think it's a bit tempting to go for bigger priced EW picks.........but over the years I've never had much success with EW doubles........ Think I'll just try and pick two winners tomorrow .........forget the EW malarky ! :ok

12.40 Lingfield - Rebel City 11/10 8.50 Kempton - Fancy Footsteps 3/1 0.5 pt EW double with Paddypower pays at least 5.18 pts if both win, 0.98 pts if both place (possible more with the bog).
Yesterday: £1 staked, £1.04 returned. Todays: 8.20 Great Leighs - Ivory Silk 11/8 9.20 Great Leighs - Folio 4/1 0.5 pt EW double Paddypower: at least £7.15 if both win, £1.21 if both place

Re: Daily Double Thread Well I had a good day yesterday recklessly gambling. :lol Managed to turn £17 into £166 by buidling up slowly with bets ranging from £15 down to a couple of quid each way. So I logged on here after placing todays bets and saw this thread. So here's one (ok several) I made earlier.....

15.Jan 2009 10:55 2.50WDoubleGreat Leighs 20:50 : Outright BettingBavarica5/2OpenOpen2.50
Great Leighs 21:20 : Outright BettingFolio4/1Open
15.Jan 2009 10:54 2.50WDoubleLudlow 15:40 : Outright BettingDancingwithbubb'4/6OpenOpen2.50
Southwell 16:00 : Outright BettingTo Be Or Not To'11/8Open
15.Jan 2009 10:53 2.50WDoubleSouthwell 14:30 : Outright BettingMozayada7/4OpenOpen2.50
Southwell 15:30 : Outright BettingAugustus John7/2Open
15.Jan 2009 10:52 2.50WDoubleTaunton 13:50 : Outright BettingPrince Sabaah9/1OpenOpen2.50
Taunton 14:20 : Outright BettingBaseball Ted7/4Open
15.Jan 2009 10:52 2.50WDoubleTaunton 13:20 : Outright BettingSilk Hall11/4OpenOpen2.50
Southwell 13:30 : Outright BettingJordi Roper11/8Open
15.Jan 2009 10:51 2.50WDoubleSouthwell 13:00 : Outright BettingWhiskey Creek3/1OpenOpen2.50
Ludlow 13:10 : Outright BettingSun Quest6/4Open
I reckon Betfred is quaking in his boots already :lol

GL 6.50 - Leading Edge GL 7.20 - Double spectre EW double...............
both placed.........12/1 and 9/2..........:nana Double Spectre was really well backed - I think it was 15/2 when I posted an hour before the 'off'............it came with a double handful to win the race then found nothing and was eased before the line...........I thought the fourth was going to catch it !................:loon Jockey would have been in the doodah if it had............

Yesterday: £1 staked, £1.04 returned. Todays: 8.20 Great Leighs - Ivory Silk 11/8 9.20 Great Leighs - Folio 4/1 0.5 pt EW double Paddypower: at least £7.15 if both win, £1.21 if both place
both placed (1st, 2nd) to cover the win stake and yield a slight profit Today: 1.20 Ling - Acrosstheuniverse 10/1 7.20 Wolv - Teasing 5/1 0.5 pt EW double with paddypower: 36.94 if both win, 3.94 for both placing Quite of few of us have had near misses, hoping for better luck today. Well done Trotter with a couple of decent places yday :clap