ATP Auckland/Sydney and WTA Hobart/Sydney 11th - 17th Jan

Re: ATP Auckland/Sydney and WTA Hobart/Sydney 11th - 17th Jan Kooyong exhibition tournament thu 15/01/09 Ljubicic v Baghdatis here i continue my stakes, i started to build form, and i am willing to go high stakes on this one:rollin i am just waiting market to open, and then a heavy forehand against :dude my pick is Ljubicic to beat Baghdatis....expected price @1.90 i watched the tragedy of marcos last night, and i am confident to say that the cypriot is totally out of any mood to play tennis....he is a kinda bored and unmotivated for reason unknown to everybody, personally i have two theories to explain his behaviour: 1. he is affected by the CORIA/SYNDROME....do you remember Coria, the roland garros 2004 finalist? 2. he just decided to withdraw from professional tennis, i remember him saying a year or more ago that "he has better things to do, than playing tennis" 3. small probability that there is only a bad moon that is happening to him i have to say, that i dont credit ljubicic too much, he is on downtrend, and his tennis is average...but better than current marcos for sure, because everybody would beat marcos this very moment Ljubicic to beat Baghdatis @1.90, my stakes gonna be high good luck :dude

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ATP Auckland/Sydney and WTA Hobart/Sydney 11th - 17th Jan

nalbandian will kill hewitt. expect hewitt to drop serve once in the first game. 6-4 or 6-3 first set betting. good odds on it nalbandians way.
Good pick. Nalbandian 1.50+Del Potro 1.22=1.83 That will be a very interesting encounter. Nalbandian dismashed Llodra, Hewitt had hard games won by exclusively by his brave spirit. But I think Nalbandian movement, shotmaking is generally better. For me he's the winner of this tournament and Hewitt is a bit tired, I don't think he have ability to make the crack here. Del Potro - a calm, smart players should have no problems against inconsistent Troicki - a talent, but a player with not enough maturity. Their recent meeting on same surface was one-sided. Another ala Gulbis player in argentinian way. Kolschreiber 1.72 German played with confidence today against Ferrerro, especially at key-moments. Ferrer will work, but Philip showed us he's not a pushover. Match against Federer was a show of his capabilities. He's more gifted, a wonderful backhand from him. H2H is convincing, because last two matches were a shock for Ferrer ( 6-1,6-0; 6-3,6-2 ).:clap

Re: ATP Auckland/Sydney and WTA Hobart/Sydney 11th - 17th Jan Agree Radevd Kohlschreiber played out of his skin in the 3rd set v JC and i thought he was gonna go ,i was on Ferrerro at 2.98 Betfair and to be honest i was counting my cash but thats tennis. Iam going again against Kohlschreiber with Ferrer i hope this time he dont pull it out of the bag with a outstanding set come back,good luck with your bets.:ok

Re: WTA Moorilla Hobart International

14th January' date= 00:00 GMT Magdalena Rybarikova - Melinda Czink Rybarikova is one of the biggest talents in tennis, the 20 year old slovakian is very good behind the baseline, she must improve her serve, as a new generation player she prefers to play with strength, she likes to finish the points quickly and that’s because of it she prefers to play on hardcourts, last year she has a 30-9 record when playing in hardcourts. Czink is an hardcourt player too, she is on good shape but is very hard to see the Hungarian player pass more than 1/2 rounds per tournment. Of course the Hungarian is not bad but it’s too hard see her on the Semifinal’s of one WTA tournment, seriously we don’t believe that gonna happen today, Rybarikova win yesterday against Penneta easily so we believe she gonna repeat the nice exibition today and gonna pass through to the semifinals. 4 units on Magdalena Rybarikova @ 1.74 Pinnacle
Magdalena Rybarikova - Melinda Czink 6-0 / 1-6 / 7-6

Re: ATP Auckland/Sydney and WTA Hobart/Sydney 11th - 17th Jan Philipp Kohlschreiber v David Ferrer Heineken Open 15th January, 01:00 GMT After the very poor end of season last year of David Ferrer the Spanish player hopes for better things in 2009, Ferrer after Wimbledon 2008 practically disappear with the poor registry of 5-9 on hardcourts/indoors, really bad for one of the best tennis players actually. Ferrer has one of the best returns of the circuit, the Spanish could return well against everybody, the weaker point of Ferrer is his serve, on the other side we have the German Kohlschreiber, he is a good returner too and he has one of the most beautiful backhands in the circuit. So why bet on Ferrer? Ferrer has points to defend here, he was an ancient champion of Heineken Open, he won in 2007 here and he loves this tournament, and anyone believes that the bad form of Ferrer will prevail so much longer? No way. Bet on David here. 3 units on David Ferrer @ 2.00 Bet365

Re: ATP Auckland/Sydney and WTA Hobart/Sydney 11th - 17th Jan God awful 0-6 yesterday, would have been very different if Wozniacki had taken any of her 3 match points:sad CILIC @ 1.61 Blue Sq. An exhibition but this looks just about OK. Cilic started the season well last week winning in Chennai, came here and lost to Verdasco but I'll put this down to him coming off the title win. Now he should be a it more refreshed and used to these conditions and should really take care of Moya. Moya lost to Dav Verman last week in Chennai an event Moya used to dominate and lost to Federer earlier this week. I can't see him doing much damage this year and young Cilic should control this match. KOHLSCHREIBER @ 1.75 Centrebet. Kohlschreiber to have the firepower in this one for my money. He played decent last week, and scrapped a tough win against Ferrero yesterday. He's here to defend his title and I think he'll pass this test. Ferrer really struggled in the back end of last year and a tight 3 set win over Gicquel in the first round doesn't convince me he's playing well again. BENESOVA @ 1.83 Paddy Power. Benesova has looked pretty impressive this week coming through in straight sets against Tanasugarn, Santangelo and Dulko. Rybarikova has had a much more eventful week, going 3 sets with K Bondarenko, beating top seed Pennetta, and a strange 6-0 1-6 7-6 against Czink yesterday in the heat. I think Benesova is the better player and should be fresher and the price is reasonable. DEMENTIEVA @ 2.37 Blue Sq. Going against Serena again. She saved 3 match points in coming through against Wozniacki and didn't look great at times. Dementieva also had a tough match against Radwanska but she's on a roll at the start of the year and looks to be playing better stuff. H2H is 4-2 to Serena but Dementieva won the last 2 both in big matches.

Don't leave it too long to get on Dementieva to beat Williams' date=' guys. She's really the favourite over Serena IMO.[/quote'] I got Dementieva @ 2.62 on paddypower as soon as it came out. (What were they up to?) It's as low as 2.1 in some places now. Whopping value even if she loses. The breakfest with Radwanska did not inspire confidence but I think she'll cope with the tough conditions better, as she did at the olympics.

Re: ATP Auckland/Sydney and WTA Hobart/Sydney 11th - 17th Jan I'm a bit surprised that you`re not on Jarko today Mr.I His odds are a bit lower than last week but he`s still a heavy dog. He really should have won last weeks encounter so i see this match a lot closer than the lines suggest...

I'm a bit surprised that you`re not on Jarko today Mr.I His odds are a bit lower than last week but he`s still a heavy dog. He really should have won last weeks encounter so i see this match a lot closer than the lines suggest...
Yeah I thought about it. Would definately rather side with Jarko than Tsonga tonight. My thought it how will it affect Nieminen? That's a pretty tough loss to take and coming out against the same guy the week after:unsure. Great chance for revenge but he could feel like he can't beat the guy!

Re: ATP Auckland/Sydney and WTA Hobart/Sydney 11th - 17th Jan Hi Guys Since we have a Tennis thread I thought I'd post here, if it needs moved could someone oblige ;) I have a £20 free bet from Willy Hills (With my Diary this year) Am I better backing Serena :) (I want to) or do you think Venus is a better choice.... Both 11/4 ATM maxmix

ANDREWMURRAY' date= I agree Baghdatis is a weak link now, but Ljubicic is a stupid server with no brain for me. Sorry for comments. Croatian has a slight advantage, but not convincing one.
i agree with you radevd, besides, everything changed again in marcos team, everybody there speaking for a must win situation, a victory will help the psychological factror, seems that all of my theories are collapsed\\\ i expect a new winning marcos here, but i just decided to stay away away and happy :dude

Hi Guys Since we have a Tennis thread I thought I'd post here, if it needs moved could someone oblige ;) I have a £20 free bet from Willy Hills (With my Diary this year) Am I better backing Serena :) (I want to) or do you think Venus is a better choice.... Both 11/4 ATM maxmix
I'm not WTA expert by any means but Serena has much more hardcourt pedigree. She's not at her best this week but I'm sure she'll step things up when it really matters

I'm not WTA expert by any means but Serena has much more hardcourt pedigree. She's not at her best this week but I'm sure she'll step things up when it really matters
Agree with that. Surprised to see them as joint favs:eek:eek:eek. You might be best waiting to see the draw though, with the womens event looking pretty open it could be important.

I got Dementieva @ 2.62 on paddypower as soon as it came out. (What were they up to?) It's as low as 2.1 in some places now. Whopping value even if she loses. The breakfest with Radwanska did not inspire confidence but I think she'll cope with the tough conditions better' date=' as she did at the olympics.[/quote']I think 2.62 may have been top? 2.62 at both Paddy and Will Hill but I don't have accounts at either. The avalanche started as soon as Pinnacle turned their price up to 2.57. maxmix, Venus has never won the AO but all that does sometimes is give us value odds and Venus extra motivation. Venus is true tournament favourite IMO. The theory for Serena will be to use Sydney and the first week of the AO to hit peak form & fitness but she's really got a good deal of catch up to do. There's plenty of better seasoned opponents that will be capable of ousting her in the second week. Take Venus, is my call :hope.

Agree with that. Surprised to see them as joint favs:eek:eek:eek. You might be best waiting to see the draw though' date= with the womens event looking pretty open it could be important.
Yeah, you'd expect Serena at #2 should have the bit easier draw or maybe in this case that's good for who has to play her. Speculating, Venus could possibly be headed for a Safina quarter. Sharapova was about 100/1 the whole tournament last year because of her draw.

I think 2.62 may have been top?
I think so yeah. They're usually quick to pay out but I'm still waiting for this one. They don't like it up 'em. Either Serena was really crocked after the Woz match or else she decided to rest before the AO.

I think so yeah. They're usually quick to pay out but I'm still waiting for this one. They don't like it up 'em. Either Serena was really crocked after the Woz match or else she decided to rest before the AO.
Dementieva had the full 24hr recovery while Serena played the night before. In the heat and her lack of condition, she gave up on balls even before Dementieva played the shot in some cases. I believe it was more a case of she could'nt rather wouldn't. Sure, must always keep her safe but Serena is double figure odds to win AO IMO. I've already layed her at Betfair heret0win, yeah as MR I pointed out Dementieva is 3-0 over Safina on hard and seems to be hitting them the better IMO. Odds are about correct though IMO - no bet.

Re: ATP Auckland/Sydney and WTA Hobart/Sydney 11th - 17th Jan Hi guys, 1 bet for tomorrow: ATP TOUR, AUKLAND DEL POTRO TO D SODERLING @ 1.65 at pinnaclesports Del Potro showed some good form today against Troicki. In general, he is much more consistent than Soderling and on the medium-pace surface should force the Swede into unforced errors.

Re: ATP Auckland/Sydney and WTA Hobart/Sydney 11th - 17th Jan hi guys here are my picks cilic-baghdatis correct score 2-0 i cant see here any chances for baghdatis he won yesterday hard with ljubicic who is really crap now:P while cilic won easily with moya 2-0 also he won in chenai so... cilic win 2-0 gl another match is del potro-soderling del potro is playing really good now he won easily with gulbis 2-0 and yesterday very easy with troicki soderling is not so bad but i thnik del potro will win this also i will try nalbandian win with gasquet bandy is improving his game won yesterday with hewit 2-0 so bandy win and i think that is some value on querey who is playing fantastic in this tournament GL

Re: ATP Auckland/Sydney and WTA Hobart/Sydney 11th - 17th Jan hello bukic i am very strict on baghdatis, yesterday he was really good for large part of the game,he didnt avoided some silly mistakes, but overall he was good, and massively improved in relation with the previous matches, rising his game while grand slam is near. i expressed my opinion about cilic, i dont fancy him, and i dont rate him as potentially top10 material, you see i dont like players moving slowly, and not mentally forces in crucial moments for me, baghdatis @2.74 betfair, is very good choice, i took it already, with intention to trade during the match:ok see you:dude

hello bukic i am very strict on baghdatis, yesterday he was really good for large part of the game,he didnt avoided some silly mistakes, but overall he was good, and massively improved in relation with the previous matches, rising his game while grand slam is near. i expressed my opinion about cilic, i dont fancy him, and i dont rate him as potentially top10 material, you see i dont like players moving slowly, and not mentally forces in crucial moments for me, baghdatis @2.74 betfair, is very good choice, i took it already, with intention to trade during the match:ok see you:dude
heh we will see i bet on cilic also odds drop on cilic 1.48 but GL anyway and also forget to tell one thing for match bandy-gasquet h2h is 6-0 :eekodds already down to 1.39

Hi guys, 1 bet for tomorrow: ATP TOUR, AUKLAND DEL POTRO TO D SODERLING @ 1.65 at pinnaclesports Del Potro showed some good form today against Troicki. In general, he is much more consistent than Soderling and on the medium-pace surface should force the Swede into unforced errors.
100 % right have to add only, that Del Potro 1.44 is much more smart player and handles better the pressure, also almost for same reasons I add +Nalbandian 1.44=2.06. H2H is convincing 6-0, that's too much, also Nalby will make Gasquet move form right to left, forcing Gasquet to try winners. Argentinian likes playing against attacking players and will punish frenchman's mistakes.

Re: ATP Auckland/Sydney and WTA Hobart/Sydney 11th - 17th Jan QUERREY @ 2.25 Paddy Power. Ferrer got a walkover against Kohlschreiber and it's hard to be convinced of his form. Querrey gota comfortable win over a poor Almagro and looked to be playing well. He served really well and the way Ferrer is playing recently I think the lanky American is a good bet.

Re: ATP Auckland/Sydney and WTA Hobart/Sydney 11th - 17th Jan Sam Querrey v David Ferrer Heineken Open 15th January, 23:00 GMT Ferrer has one of the best returns in the circuit and today he will face a big server. After the very poor end of season last year of David Ferrer the Spanish player hopes for better things in 2009, Ferrer after Wimbledon 2008 practically disappear with the poor registry of 5-9 on hardcourts/indoors, really bad for one of the best tennis players actually. Ferrer has one of the best returns of the circuit, the Spanish could return well against everybody, the weaker point of Ferrer is his serve, on the other side we have the Sam Querrey, the American is improving his game behind the baseline but actually he can’t still have the consistence of Ferrer, his serve is very good but with Ferrer on the other side it’s really hard to take advantage of this weapon. Ferrer has points to defend here, he was an ancient champion of Heineken Open, he won in 2007 here and he loves this tournament, and anyone believes that the bad form of Ferrer will prevail so much longer? No way. Ferrer have a chance to do again the final of this tournament and surely he will not give up this chance. 4 units on David Ferrer @ 1.77 Pinnacle