** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

ATP Auckland/Sydney and WTA Hobart/Sydney 11th - 17th Jan

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ATP Auckland/Sydney and WTA Hobart/Sydney 11th - 17th Jan J.C.Ferrero v. K.Nishikori_pick [email protected]:hope J.C. played only one game this year and lost from Serra in straight sets,while Nishikori has reached quaterfinals in Brisbane,showing some excellant tennis! It's ungreateful to judge about players form after only one week in the new season,but i like to believe that Nishikori's form is level above his opponent at the moment,i'm preety sure he is full of selfconfidence,as well. Hard courts are not beloved to Ferrero(reason plus for this bet),his time has gone,i think(reason plus),in some bookies odds are dropping for the Japanese(reason plus):tongue2,i see no reason not to take this solid price. Nishikori retiered :( Poor Kei, his elbow started bothering him during his match against PHM in Brisbane. He said it's more of a muscle pain than something more serious, but maybe four days' rest was not enough.

Re: ATP Auckland/Sydney and WTA Hobart/Sydney 11th - 17th Jan ATP Sydney: Tursonov 2-1 Set Betting @ 5.25 Centrebet Tursonov is the defending champion in Sydney and has a strong career record against Gasquet (4-1). Of those 4 wins, 3 of them went the distance. Gasquet definitely has enough quality to take a set but I do feel that Tursunov is a great chance to knock him off. Given these factors I feel maximum value can be extracted by taking Tursonov to win 2-1.

Re: ATP Auckland/Sydney and WTA Hobart/Sydney 11th - 17th Jan Hi guys, 2 bets for tomorrow: WTA TOUR, HOBART PAVLYUCHENKOVA TO D SUAREZ NAVARRO @ 1.65 at BWIN Pavlyuchenkova was a former junior no. 1 since she was 14 (!!!) years of age. Now, at 17 she is is already 43-rd ranked woman in the world and with some huge potential. Suarez is a typical Spanish clay court player with below-average results on hard courts. The H2H is 1:0 with Pavlyuchenkova defeating Suarez last summer on clay. With faster surface and several months of extra experience Pavlyuchenkova is a favorite for this one. PIRONKOVA TO D GOVORTSOVA @ 1.58 at BWIN The H2H is 3:0 to Pironkova (with 6:1 6:1 win at Australian Open 08). Govortsova is much more erratic and will be forced into errors by Pironkova.

Re: ATP Auckland/Sydney and WTA Hobart/Sydney 11th - 17th Jan HEWITT @ 1.543 Pinnacle. I'm willing to go with Hewitt here. He's trying to make a proper comeback to the tour and looking to get into the top 10. He played pretty well last week getting wins over Blake, Kiefer and an inspired Hrbaty. He has an excellent 23-2 record in this tournament despite a couple of disappointing losses in his last 2 attempts (Seppi and Guccione). I'm not sure about Benneteau, but this match up is about how Hewitt performs. TURSUNOV @ 2.63 Pinnacle. These guys met 4 times last year and I backed Tursunov as the dog each time and came out 3-1. This match up just suits him well, he has the power to rush Gasquet and keep him from attacking. Gasquet played pretty well last week in Brisbane, whereas Tursunov had a poor loss in Doha, but tursunov coming here to defend his title (beat Gasquet en route) should get him going.

Re: ATP Auckland/Sydney and WTA Hobart/Sydney 11th - 17th Jan 13th November, 02:30GMT Julien Benneteau v Lleyton Hewitt ATP Medibank International, Australia 13th January, 02:30 GMT In 2005 Lleyton Hewitt have won this tournament and he hopes to do that again. Hewitt is playing at home and he knows that every time he is playing in front of his crowd everybody don’t expect less that a win. Those two players aren’t big servers, both are very consistent behind the baseline, and both are known as a good returners. Lleyton Hewitt become from two good wins against Hrbathy and Kiefer and a loss against Blake for Hopman Cup, in the other way Julien have won against Ginepri and lost against Soderling. The h2h between these players is 1-1 but expect a win by Lleyton Hewitt there playing at home. 3 units on Lleyton Hewitt @ 1.53 Centrebet 13th November, 04:00GMT Chris Guccione v Thomas Berdych ATP Medibank International, Australia Every time that Guccione plays on Australia, his home country he produces very good exibithions, to prove that we have the last two amazing seasons that he have made, players like Nadal, Gasquet, Del Potro, Clement, Becker, Hewitt, Stepanek and Berdych lost against Guccione. Guccione have an powerful serve, one of the best in the circuit and it’s extremely hard to broke him. Tomas Berdych usually have some difficult to broke big servers, for example he have bad records against players like Soderling, Querrey and Karlovic. Tomas have enough tennis to advance to the next round, but this game will be very tough for him, bet on Guccione handycap there. 3 units on Chris Guccione +4(Game Handicap) @ 1.85 Fonbet(When the handicap is released on Pinnacle bet in there)

Re: ATP Auckland/Sydney and WTA Hobart/Sydney 11th - 17th Jan

HEWITT @ 1.543 Pinnacle. I'm willing to go with Hewitt here. He's trying to make a proper comeback to the tour and looking to get into the top 10. He played pretty well last week getting wins over Blake, Kiefer and an inspired Hrbaty. He has an excellent 23-2 record in this tournament despite a couple of disappointing losses in his last 2 attempts (Seppi and Guccione). I'm not sure about Benneteau, but this match up is about how Hewitt performs. .
I noticed tennis insight have the score of the blake match the wrong way round. hewitt was battered 2 and 2 and had an ear complaint that affected his balance. it's not supposed to be anything serious though. http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,24889700-11088,00.html

I noticed tennis insight have the score of the blake match the wrong way round. hewitt was battered 2 and 2 and had an ear complaint that affected his balance. it's not supposed to be anything serious though. http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,24889700-11088,00.html
Oops:$:$. Cheers mate, hoepfully he's OK:hope

Re: ATP Auckland/Sydney and WTA Hobart/Sydney 11th - 17th Jan GRANOLLERS-PUJOL @ 4.10 Betfair. Is there really that much between these guys? Granollers is actually higher ranked this week (51 to 50) and played some decent stuff last week getting to the semis of Chennai. Gulbis beat a very poor Djokovic then failed to back that up against Mathieu. He is dreadfully inconsistant and is scary as this much of a fav. Granollers definately has a chance and this price looks reasonable. PAVLYUCHENKOVA @ 1.53 Will Hill. Pavlyuchenko is rising up the rankings quickly and should be making a big impact this year. She ended last year winning a couple of ITF tournaments getting some notable wins (Safarova (twice), Vesnina, Kvitova, Krajicek). Last week she was a bit disappointing against Rezai but look for better this week. Suarez Navarro is a dirtballer whose ranking is really being held up by a good performance at the French. She won a crazy match against Anna Chak in the first round and I just see her being outclassed here.

GRANOLLERS-PUJOL @ 4.10 Betfair. Is there really that much between these guys? Granollers is actually higher ranked this week (51 to 50) and played some decent stuff last week getting to the semis of Chennai. Gulbis beat a very poor Djokovic then failed to back that up against Mathieu. He is dreadfully inconsistant and is scary as this much of a fav. Granollers definately has a chance and this price looks reasonable.
I can understand your concerns about Gulbis inconsistency, but this time he's playing not against Mathieu, but against a clay-court player M.Granollers. I think the difference in class is much bigger than in the rankings. So I bet 2-0 Gulbis 1.61. J.Monaco 2.25 - I like Monaco. He's a all-round player a baseliner, but he likes variety. He had some injury problems in 2008, if not he should be top 20 player. On the other side is Hanescu, who's a player who can't take initiative in his own hands, will he lose or win depends from his opponent more. He had an unimpressive first serve against Roddick and Monaco will relish the prospect to win his first match of the year. G.Muller 2.25 - After an impressive US Open this guy struggled. But if he serves well he shall beat tomorrow a Serra, who had a good start, but apart from it a very weak player. Serra is in better form, but Muller is more class player. H2H is 1-0 for Gilles, who 6-1,7-6 in 2007 was on the same surface. Berdych 2-0 1.66 - Guccione plays home, H2H is 1-0, but I'll trust my instict here. Berdych will give his best, believe me. And Guccione a quite "wooden" ( not enough tecq. gifted ) player will be be in great trouble against a "outraged" player. And a triplet Stepanek 1.25, Mathieu 1.44, Gicquel 1.50 Good luck for all !

13th November, 04:00GMT Chris Guccione v Thomas Berdych ATP Medibank International, Australia Every time that Guccione plays on Australia, his home country he produces very good exibithions, to prove that we have the last two amazing seasons that he have made, players like Nadal, Gasquet, Del Potro, Clement, Becker, Hewitt, Stepanek and Berdych lost against Guccione. Guccione have an powerful serve, one of the best in the circuit and it’s extremely hard to broke him. Tomas Berdych usually have some difficult to broke big servers, for example he have bad records against players like Soderling, Querrey and Karlovic. Tomas have enough tennis to advance to the next round, but this game will be very tough for him, bet on Guccione handycap there. 3 units on Chris Guccione +4(Game Handicap) @ 1.85 Fonbet(When the handicap is released on Pinnacle bet in there)
Brisbane,i think is in his home country,Guccione was poor there last week loosing in straight sets from Delic Amer:eek,good luck with your bet..i'm going with Berdich straight win here,banker of the day in my opinion..

And a triplet Stepanek 1.25, Mathieu 1.44, Gicquel 1.50 Good luck for all !
I have a funny feeling about Stepanek. He's coming from winning a tournament where he played a few 3 setters and put in some intense performances. I know it's the start of the season and he should have a full tank but the price just seems a bit short and we're probably due to see a few upsets this close to the AO. Chardy had some fairly competitive matches with Tipsarevic, Robredo, Ancic and Andreev towards the end of last year so a result of some sort here is maybe not as unlikely as the price suggests. Nothing really stands out for me tonight anyhow. I thought Hrbaty's price looked a bit fat but like Hopman cup team mate Cibulkova last night, he could be seriously tired from matches and travel.

I have a funny feeling about Stepanek. He's coming from winning a tournament where he played a few 3 setters and put in some intense performances. I know it's the start of the season and he should have a full tank but the price just seems a bit short and we're probably due to see a few upsets this close to the AO. Chardy had some fairly competitive matches with Tipsarevic, Robredo, Ancic and Andreev towards the end of last year so a result of some sort here is maybe not as unlikely as the price suggests. Nothing really stands out for me tonight anyhow. I thought Hrbaty's price looked a bit fat but like Hopman cup team mate Cibulkova last night, he could be seriously tired from matches and travel.
... not to mention that chunk of complacency that tends to lodge itself in the subconscious. Good argument :clap. I've had a couple of bets myself revolving around Chardy.

Re: ATP Auckland/Sydney and WTA Hobart/Sydney 11th - 17th Jan Ashtee, Keliot I know Stepanek show inconsistency, but look at Chardy he's completely disappoiting. We expect something from him but he lose from Petshner... Stepanek is more experienced+in-form+better player. I see no way Chardy to win here. We will see though.

Ashtee' date=' Keliot I know Stepanek show inconsistency, but look at Chardy he's completely disappoiting. We expect something from him but he lose from Petshner... Stepanek is more experienced+in-form+better player. I see no way Chardy to win here. We will see though.[/quote'] You're probably right, I was thinking of a Chardy set handicap but I've done nothing there. Good luck with it anyhow.

Re: ATP Auckland/Sydney and WTA Hobart/Sydney 11th - 17th Jan ProCappersPicks, congratulations, good bet man. I'm really surprised of this match. Never thought home factor can be so important. Look at breakpoints: Saved breakpoints: Guccione 2/2, Berdych 0/2. That's the key stat. A few points can decide the match.

You're probably right' date=' I was thinking of a Chardy set handicap but I've done nothing there. Good luck with it anyhow.
Isn't it always the way keliot :spank! You know you made it a cert :notworthy. :lol

Isn't it always the way keliot :spank! You know you made it a cert :notworthy. :lol
Tell me about it. Might as well have a go at something then just before it starts. Pironkova 2-0 @ 2.4 on boylesports. This girl has bags of talent and should follow up her comprehensive victory over Schnyder by overwhelming Govortsova. She defeated Venus at the 2006 AO, and last year she beat Ivanovic in Rome and led Henin by a set and a break in Antwerp but ended up losing. The H2H with Govortsova is 3-0, all straight sets including 6-1 6-1 at the AO last year. I can't make any sort of case for Olga here.

Re: ATP Auckland/Sydney and WTA Hobart/Sydney 11th - 17th Jan Stepanek retired, but I don't know if the stakes will be returned for those who bet on +4, or they will win ? My triplet ( Stepanek, Gicquel, Mathieu ) actually made the way forward, I've got the win. I think Stepanek was just too tired here.

Stepanek retired' date=' but I don't know if the stakes will be returned for those who bet on +4, or they will win ? My triplet ( Stepanek, Gicquel, Mathieu ) actually made the way forward, I've got the win. I think Stepanek was just too tired here.[/quote'] I'm glad that his retirement saved your treble man. He's off to join Nicole now. ;) What bookie did you use for the handicap? I made a slight error with my Pironkova post. Only 2/3 H2H wins were straight sets. 2007 ISTANBUL CLAY (O) R32 T. PIRONKOVA 6-4 2-6 6-2 2008 AUS OPEN HARD (O) R128 T. PIRONKOVA 6-1 6-1 2008 ISTANBUL CLAY (O) Q T. PIRONKOVA 7-6(4) 7-6(2)

I'm glad that his retirement saved your treble man. He's off to join Nicole now. ;) What bookie did you use for the handicap? I made a slight error with my Pironkova post. Only 2/3 H2H wins were straight sets. 2007 ISTANBUL CLAY (O) R32 T. PIRONKOVA 6-4 2-6 6-2 2008 AUS OPEN HARD (O) R128 T. PIRONKOVA 6-1 6-1 2008 ISTANBUL CLAY (O) Q T. PIRONKOVA 7-6(4) 7-6(2)
I bet on win ( Stepanek ), not hendicap. I'm using only one bookmaker bet365. Good bet on Pironkova. Robredo 1.72 Tommy impressed with the win over Melzer, so I expect easy win here. Ancic certainly a sympathic player, but his serve-volley will proove wrong against one of the most accurate player on tour. Their last meeting on hardcourt was won by Robredo. I simply think Ancic's game at the net will be a suicide against Robredo's passing. H2H is 2-2, but last win for Robredo on hardcourt.

I bet on win ( Stepanek )' date=' not hendicap. I'm using only one bookmaker bet365. Good bet on Pironkova.
Ah yeah sorry, I didn't read your post correctly. Easy win for Pironkova yay, but I realise posting it a minute before the match isn't very helpful, apologies.

Re: ATP Auckland/Sydney and WTA Hobart/Sydney 11th - 17th Jan Kooyong exhibition event wed 14/01 -very early europe hours- Baghdatis v Wawrinka my pick is based on what i have seen from marcos on brisbane a player in big mess with 46% first serve, 11! yes eleven double faults :spank, plus some ridiculus unforced errors, the guy was absoloutly out of form, something like paris and basel performance for those they remember,seems that the abcence of courts for so long time costed him a lot, and despite the very good training pre-season, he looks reall bad i dont know if he will come back tomorrow, besides ten days in enough if you are coming from a good pre season, but what i saw at brisbane scares me, i was expecting a new commando alike marcos, but unfortunately he dissapointed me, and only AFTER the Nieminen match, he cut his hair, and originally now looks as a commando :lol i dont know anything about the current situation of the swiss, i just noticed that he knocked out from chennai firts round, thats makes me little bit wise, and suggest small stakes only Wawrinka to beat Baghdatis @1.90 good luck :dude

Re: ATP Auckland/Sydney and WTA Hobart/Sydney 11th - 17th Jan Few selections tonight! BOLELLI @ 4.10 Pinnacle. Tsonga looks worth opposing here. He was a bit strange last week, having a crazy 0-6 7-6 7-6 win over Nieminen then really blowing up against Gasquet after taking the first set. Last year here he blew a set lead against Seppi and went on to play amazing stuff at the Aussie - he has to be thinking about defending his points in Melbourne next week. Bolelli is a player I like quite a bit. He's solid, and can be quite effective on hard courts. The concern in this match up is that he'll be overpowered, and especially on return he could struggle if Tsonga's serving well. But still at this price it's worth a go. ROBREDO @ 1.80 Stan James. Robredo looked pretty good against Melzer, and sounded pretty confident in interviews last year. He struggled quite a bit last year dropping out of the top 20 and I think he'll get back in this year. Ancic struggled past Delic last week before losing convincingly to Verdasco and struggled this week against Malisse. He justed doesn't seem to be able to get as sharp as he was a couple of years ago and his game is really effected by it, and Tommy should be good enough to punish him and come through. MATHIEU @ 4.6 Boylesports. Djokovic was poor last week, how much is he struggling? At this stage it's really hard to tell, and really hard to back him at a short price. Mathieu I thought was playing well last week, and if he plays well he can really give Djokovic problems. If Djokovic plays well he'll win, but if he plays like he did last week then Mathieu has a good chance. GUCCIONE @ 2.71 Pinnacle. Guccione got a big win over Berdych in the first round, and he can win this one too. Last year in this tournament he got on a great roll, beating Hewitt, Berdych and Stepanek on the way to the final where he lost in 2 tiebreaks to Tursunov. If he serves well, with the crowd behind him then Nieminen will have lots of problems. I'm not sure about Nieminen at the start of the season, he could have beat Tsonga and got a decent win over Lopez, but I'm still willing to go against him. PAVLYUCHENKOVA @ 2.19 Pinnacle. I'll go with Pavlyuchenkova again here. Most bookies go 1.83 then pair with some at 2.00 Pav so this is a nice looking price. Both these ladies are coming up the rankings, but my preference is for Pavlyuchenkova and I'd have her as a little fav here. WOZNIACKI @ 4.70 Centrebet. This is another big dog that's definately worth a shot, especially at this stand out price from Centrebet. How much is Serena wanting it this week? She had a tough match with Stosur then an easy one against Errani, and with a match today that could be her workout before the Aussie. Wozniacki is very capable, she's had an easy run through so far, and this is a good chance to take a big scalp.

Re: ATP Auckland/Sydney and WTA Hobart/Sydney 11th - 17th Jan Hello everybody! Just wanted to share the info that Djoko was really focused in some training sessions the last few days here in Sydney. He badly needs some match experience bevor the Open beginns and Mathieu should be a little tired after the last week full of matches... For me there's only a very very little chance that Mathieu wins this one...

Re: ATP Auckland/Sydney and WTA Hobart/Sydney 11th - 17th Jan djoko? dont be sure about him.he has to defend the title, a grand slam title, he didnt prove that he could handle this pressure i dont trust him at all personally, he has a lot of empty spaces in his game from time to time, may cost him a lot ....stay away from any of djoko's matches:dude

WTA Moorilla Hobart International 14th January, 00:00 GMT Magdalena Rybarikova - Melinda Czink Rybarikova is one of the biggest talents in tennis, the 20 year old slovakian is very good behind the baseline, she must improve her serve, as a new generation player she prefers to play with strength, she likes to finish the points quickly and that’s because of it she prefers to play on hardcourts, last year she has a 30-9 record when playing in hardcourts. Czink is an hardcourt player too, she is on good shape but is very hard to see the Hungarian player pass more than 1/2 rounds per tournment. Of course the Hungarian is not bad but it’s too hard see her on the Semifinal’s of one WTA tournment, seriously we don’t believe that gonna happen today, Rybarikova win yesterday against Penneta easily so we believe she gonna repeat the nice exibition today and gonna pass through to the semifinals. 4 units on Magdalena Rybarikova @ 1.74 Pinnacle