** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Champions League - Matchday 6 - Wednesday 10th December

Re: Champions League - Matchday 6 - Wednesday 10th December i like the corner handicap in the man u game aalborg are receiving a 5 corner start 11/10 with sj, if i know man united they are not going to be pushing too hard and youve got to expect 2 corners from aalborg at the very least aalborg will be up for this tonight whether they are capable of scoring even one goal is unlikely but to back man u when they dont need to win can be hazardous to say the least and theres no value especially as 1-0 is enuf for them aalborg +5 corners 11/10 their maybe better out there ive not looked

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League - Matchday 6 - Wednesday 10th December

Great spot nicko' date=' i'm on that too now, though at the slightly trimmed odds of 1.8. Fingers crossed :hope[/quote'] That was easy, so was the Over in Manchester, 2 more goals in Madrid and Watford would be sooo goood....:hope:hope:hope

Man Utd: Kuszczak, Neville, Ferdinand, Evans, O'Shea, Nani, Gibson, Anderson, Giggs, Rooney, Tevez. Subs: Foster, Park, Vidic, Scholes, Rafael Da Silva, Fletcher, Possebon. Should be good enough to take care of those danish mugs tonight. Giggs Nani Rooney and tevez will destroy them
Nope, hard to expect a destruction after the first 45 mins...

2-0 Celtic' date=' McGeady. Shame I doubled them with United, wtf is going on at Old Trafford?? How are these muppets leading at ht in this game??[/quote'] Alright then, since you insist on continuously insulting Aalborg, let's take a look at how the Danish "muppets/mugs" have fared, compared to your own heroes :) Aalborg got a result at Celtic Park which so few teams have managed over the years (and as I see it, Celtic is such a great team there mainly because of the atmosphere and the confidence boost the Celtic players get from that). However, away from Celtic Park, it is (as I'm sure you're all too aware ;)) quite a different matter. Celtic's miserable away numbers are arguably the most embarassing statistic of ANY Champions League side - 0-1-18 after your visit to Aalborg, If I recall correctly. Granted, Aalborg winning that game was lucky, but I'd be surprised if the Celtic players' quite obvious lack of confidence when playing away from the UK did not have something to do with it. Aalborg bagged two, lead at HT, and eventually drew at Old Trafford. Not the strongest United team, true. Still, "muppets" drawing against a team including Tevez, Rooney, Giggs etc. is probably slightly more impressive than losing with zero goals. Both teams lost at El Madrigal, and you DID draw with United at home and beat Villarreal, and credit for that, surely. Villarreal is a strong side this year. Aalborg lost to United at home and only drew with Villarreal at home. However you look at it, the "muppets" had a more succesful Champions League campaign than your Bhoys. If you compare budgets, you would probably realize exactly how much of an achievement that is. I'm not saying that Aalborg is the better club, nor has the better players, but as a team, well, they obviously can fight their asses off and get results. After all, Aalborg is in the UEFA cup. They deserve more than your disrespect. :eyes

Re: Champions League - Matchday 6 - Wednesday 10th December So much for the teams ''that nothing to play for'', anyone who ever did any sport himself, even if it was the sport classes at school should know there is always something to play for... Cluj Napoca, Aalbolg, BATE showed a lot of spirit, and despite the limited budgets and the weakened opposition they deserve all the credit. It is a shame some people here lost money, I also did on Chelsea last night, but this CL round will change a lot of my views towards certain games... The post above is a bit harsh, thommo85 clearly stated that that he only saw the Aalborg games vs Celtic, if he saw the Danes vs Villareal I suppose it would be different. Well done to all winners :)

Re: Champions League - Matchday 6 - Wednesday 10th December @nicko: Certainly. I lost money on all three sides as well, although I suppose it's what you can expect when you bet on matches that practically do not matter much to the strong sides. Concerning the post, it was probably a little harsh, and I edited it slightly :) The main point, however, remains. Whatever the credentials of the teams, I find it quite ironic for a Celtic fan to continuously belittle a team that has beaten his own team, held them at what I believe we can all agree is one of the greatest fortresses around, and sent them crashing home from Europe bottom of the group. At some point along the way, you would think that he'd atleast stop calling them "mugs/muppets", when they have so clearly proved that they are certainly not that. One of the worst CL sides this year? Perhaps. Mugs? Obviously not ;)

Re: Champions League - Matchday 6 - Wednesday 10th December Don't be silly, no one is getting banned for anything here AAb are a good team, I may look at backing them for the uefa cup now with the aim of laying them off later. Not going to win it, but they could easily make the last 8

Alright then, since you insist on continuously insulting Aalborg, let's take a look at how the Danish "muppets/mugs" have fared, compared to your own heroes :) Aalborg got a result at Celtic Park which so few teams have managed over the years (and as I see it, Celtic is such a great team there mainly because of the atmosphere and the confidence boost the Celtic players get from that). However, away from Celtic Park, it is (as I'm sure you're all too aware ;)) quite a different matter. Celtic's miserable away numbers are arguably the most embarassing statistic of ANY Champions League side - 0-1-18 after your visit to Aalborg, If I recall correctly. Granted, Aalborg winning that game was lucky, but I'd be surprised if the Celtic players' quite obvious lack of confidence when playing away from the UK did not have something to do with it. Aalborg bagged two, lead at HT, and eventually drew at Old Trafford. Not the strongest United team, true. Still, "muppets" drawing against a team including Tevez, Rooney, Giggs etc. is probably slightly more impressive than losing with zero goals. Both teams lost at El Madrigal, and you DID draw with United at home and beat Villarreal, and credit for that, surely. Villarreal is a strong side this year. Aalborg lost to United at home and only drew with Villarreal at home. However you look at it, the "muppets" had a more succesful Champions League campaign than your Bhoys. If you compare budgets, you would probably realize exactly how much of an achievement that is. I'm not saying that Aalborg is the better club, nor has the better players, but as a team, well, they obviously can fight their asses off and get results. After all, Aalborg is in the UEFA cup. They deserve more than your disrespect. :eyes
:rollin:rollin:rollin Are you for real??? :rollin:rollin:rollin Thanks for that comedy, you've cheered me up. Look I've got more important things to do than talk about that team of farmers (who in their two games against Celtic employed anti-football tactics in europe than even Walter Smith would be proud of) We could go through every game in the cl this year and argue Celtic could have taken something from it. Home to Aalborg (pen miss and legit goal chopped off) Man U away (granted outplayed for majority of the game but the 2 offside goals for united changed the game) Villarreal away (again hard to argue too much that villarreal deserved to win the game but the goal came for a dubious free kick) Man U home (outstanding backs against the wall performance and so unlucky not to take all 3 points, coming within 6 minutes of a truely famous victory) Aalborg away (One of the biggest freak results you're likely to see in the cl, anyone who watched that game could not explain how celtic never walked away without all 3 points that night) and from what I hear a fantastic display from us last night to take home all 3 points. Aalborg are truely a WOEFUL team, and I'll be surprised if they last longin the UEFA cup. That isnt being dis-respectful to them, thats just the truth. In my honest opinion, they are the worst side I've EVER seen us play in Europe.....EVER. I cant explain how they took 4 points off us, anyone who has watched the two games will probably say the same thing. Gd luck to Aalborg in the UEFA, you'll bloody well need it.

Don't be silly, no one is getting banned for anything here AAb are a good team, I may look at backing them for the uefa cup now with the aim of laying them off later. Not going to win it, but they could easily make the last 8
AJ, I'm guessing you're saying this just to be polite to our new poster but In my honest opinion, and I'm honestly not trying to stir anything up here, they are a very poor side, and the majority of sides they will face in the UEFA cup will prove this to be the case.

Re: Champions League - Matchday 6 - Wednesday 10th December If those teams in the uefa cup were THAT good thay would be playing in the champions league and not in the uefa cup since mayority of those teams failed in champions league qualifications where alborg on the other hand didnt.Dont get me wrong im not alborg fan,i didnt even saw them play once but any team that gets in cl you cant call them "team of farmers"

:rollin:rollin:rollin Are you for real??? :rollin:rollin:rollin Thanks for that comedy, you've cheered me up. Look I've got more important things to do than talk about that team of farmers (who in their two games against Celtic employed anti-football tactics in europe than even Walter Smith would be proud of) We could go through every game in the cl this year and argue Celtic could have taken something from it. Home to Aalborg (pen miss and legit goal chopped off) Man U away (granted outplayed for majority of the game but the 2 offside goals for united changed the game) Villarreal away (again hard to argue too much that villarreal deserved to win the game but the goal came for a dubious free kick) Man U home (outstanding backs against the wall performance and so unlucky not to take all 3 points, coming within 6 minutes of a truely famous victory) Aalborg away (One of the biggest freak results you're likely to see in the cl, anyone who watched that game could not explain how celtic never walked away without all 3 points that night) and from what I hear a fantastic display from us last night to take home all 3 points. Aalborg are truely a WOEFUL team, and I'll be surprised if they last longin the UEFA cup. That isnt being dis-respectful to them, thats just the truth. In my honest opinion, they are the worst side I've EVER seen us play in Europe.....EVER. I cant explain how they took 4 points off us, anyone who has watched the two games will probably say the same thing. Gd luck to Aalborg in the UEFA, you'll bloody well need it.
THOMMO85, If you look at the Celtic-AAlborg game from another(different) angle, it is possible to rephrase your question. How good was Celtic's team really in this year's CL(or in the past on their travels: 0-1-18) or just in the mentioned game, when they couldn't get the result with all the chances that they had? At the end - result is the only solid reflection of the game...

Yet again with the anti rangers tripe. :zzz Yes Aab are not the greatest side, however they finished above Celtic. I guess that makes you lot the Scottish 'muppets' then.

Re: Champions League - Matchday 6 - Wednesday 10th December Oh dear, looks as if I've hit a few nerves here. Too many important things to do than to get involved in petty arguements Andy so will brush aside your childish nonsense. Was making a comparison with how the two sides set out their temas to play not "anti-rangers tripe" as you like to put it, although the snoozing smilie is probably appropiate to describe that style of play. And as for Scottish "muppets", that'll be the lot that got knocked out of Europe by the Hearts feeder team :) Ogy, the point about our away record has been made over and over again, but like i ALWAYS say in this situation is the facts dont tell the whole story. It's a freak statistic which will be put right in the near future. I could go into the real story behind every game we've been beaten away and prove this point but frnankly cant be arsed and got too much to do. Just the same way that Aalborg's away figures probably dont show a true representation of how they have played away from home. Could be argued they should have lost both matches. Ok perhaps I've went a wee bit OTT with the farmers etc comments, but I stand by my original statement. They are the worst side I've ever seen us play in Europe of that there is no question and I wish them every luck in the Uefa, but my honest assessment is that they wont go far at all.

Re: Champions League - Matchday 6 - Wednesday 10th December Petty and childish are two words which seems to sum your posts up pretty accurately. To be fair you could bescribe Scottish football as a whole as 'tripe', I wonder could that be a reason why most proper football / non sectarian fans dont really bother with it.

Re: Champions League - Matchday 6 - Wednesday 10th December It's quite laughable how he keeps blaming Celtic's ineptitude on some freak of nature and/or a conspiracy theory! The only muppets are the ones that keep backing Celtic despite their appalling record in Europe, they are the Quixall Crossett of the champions league. ' End of discussion ' OK Kermit!

It's quite laughable how he keeps blaming Celtic's ineptitude on some freak of nature and/or a conspiracy theory! The only muppets are the ones that keep backing Celtic despite their appalling record in Europe, they are the Quixall Crossett of the champions league. ' End of discussion ' OK Kermit!
:rollin:rollin Who is this eejit?? Give it a rest guys eh?? If you werent so ignorant and actually listened to what I was saying you would see that on reflection of watching al the games in europe involving celtic away you would know they've been extremely unfortunate to have the record which they hold. Like I said, I dont have time to waste on petty arguements, and whats this pish Kermit banter?? :rollin:rollin Poor show boys, poor show.

It's quite laughable how he keeps blaming Celtic's ineptitude on some freak of nature and/or a conspiracy theory! The only muppets are the ones that keep backing Celtic despite their appalling record in Europe, they are the Quixall Crossett of the champions league. ' End of discussion ' OK Kermit!
Going to give you the benifit of the doubt here, I presume you mean their 'appalling AWAY record' in Europe..? If not then you are VERY VERY wrong as when you look at Celtic's home record in the CL it is pretty damn good ;) Not getting involved in any of this 'Rangers/secterian' nonesense brought up by Andy cause quiet simply its a waste of time and rather boring, there are plenty other forums you can go on to discuss these things mate if you so wish. 100% agree with Thommo in relation to Aalborg, I only seen them play against Celtic twice but from that two performances I cannot understand how ANYONE could think they are good value to go far in the UEFA cup, honesltly lads, when we played them in Denmark they were awful, and to this day I still cannot understand how we managed to lose that game (Yes before all the smart arses come out obviously it was because they scored more goals than us) Other punters may have watched their other games and maybe they have shown more promise in these games but based on my own opinion I will not be going near them in UEFA

Going to give you the benifit of the doubt here, I presume you mean their 'appalling AWAY record' in Europe..? If not then you are VERY VERY wrong as when you look at Celtic's home record in the CL it is pretty damn good ;) Not getting involved in any of this 'Rangers/secterian' nonesense brought up by Andy cause quiet simply its a waste of time and rather boring, there are plenty other forums you can go on to discuss these things mate if you so wish. 100% agree with Thommo in relation to Aalborg, I only seen them play against Celtic twice but from that two performances I cannot understand how ANYONE could think they are good value to go far in the UEFA cup, honesltly lads, when we played them in Denmark they were awful, and to this day I still cannot understand how we managed to lose that game (Yes before all the smart arses come out obviously it was because they scored more goals than us) Other punters may have watched their other games and maybe they have shown more promise in these games but based on my own opinion I will not be going near them in UEFA
:notworthy A voice of reason at last. Well said that man!!

Re: Champions League - Matchday 6 - Wednesday 10th December It's funny how the only ' voice of reason' is a fellow celt yet the rest of Europe has a different opinion. The bottom line is that Aalborg are still in Europe - Celtic are out . The league is over - Celtic finished bottom . Celtic were the worst team in the league , this is the way leagues work , if you are bottom at the end , you are the worst team. This is the way of things.

It's funny how the only ' voice of reason' is a fellow celt yet the rest of Europe has a different opinion. The bottom line is that Aalborg are still in Europe - Celtic are out . The league is over - Celtic finished bottom . Celtic were the worst team in the league , this is the way leagues work , if you are bottom at the end , you are the worst team. This is the way of things.
:notworthy Well said that man! ;)

Re: Champions League - Matchday 6 - Wednesday 10th December I don't really see what the problem is here, its quite funny in that Moridinn and Thommo actually don't really disagree in terms of how the group panned out. Moridinn admitted Aalborg were lucky to beat Celtic in Denmark and that they were one of the poorer CL teams and when someone continually re-emphasizes how bad they were he is obviously gonna come on and defend his team. Sure I've defended Celtic often enough on here when people back against us at Celtic Park on here despite our superb home record.He actually even gave us a backhanded compliment in saying how well Aalborg did to get a point at Celtic Park, 'one of the greatest fortresses around' ;) In the first hour in Denmark they were terrible but we didn't make our dominance count by scoring a few and killing the game off and the rest is history. They obviously did decent to hold Villarreal to a draw and get a draw even against a depleted Man Utd side. It was one of those campaigns for Cetic where everything went wrong, missing a penalty in the first game and not playing well at all, going to Old Trafford without so many key players and some terrible officiating costing us two goals which were offside, Boruc off form and Samaras missing chances at key times. And the usual away day blues :sad Are we a better side than Aalborg? Yes But they are through and thats life and good luck to them. We'll be back.