** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League - Matchday 6 - Wednesday 10th December

Wednesday 10 December 2008 Home Draw Away BPP
Celtic v Villarreal (19:45GMT) 2.38 3.50 3.30 100.89 % Details »
Hide « Celtic v Villarreal
Dynamo Kyiv v Fenerbahçe (19:45GMT) 2.00 3.70 4.50 99.25 % Details »
Hide « Dynamo Kyiv v Fenerbahçe
FC Porto v Arsenal (19:45GMT) 2.64 3.40 3.20 98.54 % Details »
Hide « FC Porto v Arsenal
Juventus v BATE Borisov (19:45GMT) 1.35 5.50 13.00 99.95 % Details »
Hide « Juventus v BATE Borisov
Lyon v Bayern München (19:45GMT) 2.68 3.40 3.10 98.98 % Details »
Hide « Lyon v Bayern München
Manchester Utd v AaB (19:45GMT) 1.27 6.60 15.00 100.56 % Details »
Hide « Manchester Utd v AaB
Real Madrid v Zenit (19:45GMT) 2.06 3.65 4.33 99.02 % Details »
Hide « Real Madrid v Zenit
Steaua v Fiorentina (19:45GMT) 2.96 3.45 2.65 100.51 % Details »

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FC Porto vs Arsenal Wenger has kept a few of the first team regulars out in England and I just get the feeling he may be underestimating Porto a little here. Both teams have qualified but for Porto this is actually quite a big match as the expectations for a possible 1st place finish are quite high. Porto were humbled in London in September marking the beginning of a rather sombre period for the side where they seemed to slip at every opportunity... They have come some since then though and look more consistent. Still far from a top European side but they've had more than a couple very good displays already this season and enough talent to dispose of even a quality side as Arsenal and particularly playing at home. No injuries for the Portuguese bar Sapunaru. I get the feeling Wenger is confident he can contain Porto here a settle a draw, he may well be right but honestly at these odds I think there's a bit of value on Porto. I would back them above 5/4, small stakes. Disclose: I am a Porto supporter.

Re: Champions League - Matchday 6 - Wednesday 10th December I think Man U. will win tonight. Aab is allready on to the next round of the UEFA Cup and Man. U is the same in CL. The young reserves from Man. U will prove something and Aab season in Denmark is finish and I think that Aab just want the game to be finish as quickly as possible so they can have their holiday break. :)

Re: Champions League - Matchday 6 - Wednesday 10th December

I think Man U. will win tonight. Aab is allready on to the next round of the UEFA Cup and Man. U is the same in CL. The young reserves from Man. U will prove something and Aab season in Denmark is finish and I think that Aab just want the game to be finish as quickly as possible so they can have their holiday break. :)
While I agree that Man Utd will probably win, I think you're dead wrong concerning AaB's motivations for this match. For a lot of the players, this may well be the match of their lives, and I can guarantee you that all as one will do their very best to not get run over like previous Danish teams that have visited the Theatre of Dreams (Brøndby lost by six goals to nil, FC Copenhagen by tree goals to nil). They will be as motivated as ever, especially because this is a unique chance to showcase their talent on the international stage. On a sidenote, if SAF fields a very weakened team, we might just see the upset. AaB is very much in form at the moment. The team hasn't lost in the 11 games it has played under current manager Allan Kuhn who took over from Bruce Rioch who was sacked after the 3-6 defeat at El Madrigal to Villarreal. They have also won their last 5 matches in a row. This is Kuhn's last game as manager as he is being replaced by GAIS Stockholm coach Magnus Pehrsson after the winter break, and that will also fuel the motivation of the AaB players. Lastly, it is worth noting that AaB's influential attacking midfielder Andreas Johansson is suspended for this match. Anyway, I think the 1X2 is a no bet for me, subject to whatever side SAF puts out. If he fields a strong team I might go for Man Utd -1,5AH, or Man Utd to win to nil. If he fields purely reserves, I'll probably just take something like Nani to score anytime.

Re: Champions League - Matchday 6 - Wednesday 10th December Steaua - Fiorentina Today, 20:45 Soccer - Champions L Pick: Under 2.5 Result: Pending Stake: 10/10 Odds: 1.80 Bookmaker: Nordicbet vCash: Yes A match for the protocol only. Fiorentina have been relegated to the UEFA Cup and we haven't seen anything from Steaua this season. Good luck and god bless TuttiFooty.Com Footy Stats

Re: Champions League - Matchday 6 - Wednesday 10th December Real Madrid v Zenit (19:45GMT) Zenit are good team ( good defending and attacking ), but too sad zenit do not qualify Champ league. Although madrid have a new coach (ramos), i think that he does not make big different of madrid team because of little time to make a new strategy. so zenit will not lose tonight. AH +0.5 @1.75 :hope

While I agree that Man Utd will probably win, I think you're dead wrong concerning AaB's motivations for this match. For a lot of the players, this may well be the match of their lives, and I can guarantee you that all as one will do their very best to not get run over like previous Danish teams that have visited the Theatre of Dreams (Brøndby lost by six goals to nil, FC Copenhagen by tree goals to nil). They will be as motivated as ever, especially because this is a unique chance to showcase their talent on the international stage. On a sidenote, if SAF fields a very weakened team, we might just see the upset. AaB is very much in form at the moment. The team hasn't lost in the 11 games it has played under current manager Allan Kuhn who took over from Bruce Rioch who was sacked after the 3-6 defeat at El Madrigal to Villarreal. They have also won their last 5 matches in a row. This is Kuhn's last game as manager as he is being replaced by GAIS Stockholm coach Magnus Pehrsson after the winter break, and that will also fuel the motivation of the AaB players. Lastly, it is worth noting that AaB's influential attacking midfielder Andreas Johansson is suspended for this match. Anyway, I think the 1X2 is a no bet for me, subject to whatever side SAF puts out. If he fields a strong team I might go for Man Utd -1,5AH, or Man Utd to win to nil. If he fields purely reserves, I'll probably just take something like Nani to score anytime.
Well, ofcourse the Aab players are motivated for the game, no doubt about that, every team that comes to Old Trafford is motivated. But even if SAF plays with his 3rd team they will still win. The difference between PL and SAS Liga is very very big! I allready think that many of the Aab players has been spotted due to the draw against Villaral and Celtic and the win over Celtic aswell. Even if Man. U score the first girl after 5 min they will think, okay, let try again.. We are allready in the UEFA Cup and got holiday after this match:beer Nah, on how motivated they are, is hard for me to see.. :)

I Reckon Arsenal ( along with Utd ) will be keen top there group' date= with chelsea sitting as a potential opponents, any of the teams with a chance to put the section to bed as winners will do so tonight.
possible Gunners XI will be fielded among these players: Almunia; Fabianski; Hoyte; Gibbs; Silvestre; Gallas; Djourou; Denilson; Song; Eboue; Ramsey; Randall; Merida; Diaby; Wilshere; Vela; Bendtner; Simpson. Looks like Arsenal B or C Teram tonight. Hmmmm...

possible Gunners XI will be fielded among these players: Almunia; Fabianski; Hoyte; Gibbs; Silvestre; Gallas; Djourou; Denilson; Song; Eboue; Ramsey; Randall; Merida; Diaby; Wilshere; Vela; Bendtner; Simpson. Looks like Arsenal B or C Teram tonight. Hmmmm...
If Arsenal field youngsters the above 2.64 on Porto looks attractive. I don't think they will though!

Well, ofcourse the Aab players are motivated for the game, no doubt about that, every team that comes to Old Trafford is motivated. But even if SAF plays with his 3rd team they will still win. The difference between PL and SAS Liga is very very big! I allready think that many of the Aab players has been spotted due to the draw against Villaral and Celtic and the win over Celtic aswell. Even if Man. U score the first girl after 5 min they will think, okay, let try again.. We are allready in the UEFA Cup and got holiday after this match:beer Nah, on how motivated they are, is hard for me to see.. :)
I can't really figure out what you actually think. In your first paragraph you state that "of course they are motivated", yet at the end you say that you cannot see how motivated they would be... What do you actually think, are they motivated or not? In any case, you cannot have been watching a whole lot of TV the past few days. Multiple AaB players have been interviewed and everyone tells the same story: they are all buzzing about going to play at Old Trafford, how it's going to be a fantastic experience, and how they want to do their best to provide resistance to Man Utd. In my book, that screams motivation. Besides, unless you know something I don't, the only AaB player to have been linked with foreign clubs thus far is Michael Jakobsen being linked to Karlsruhe. I would think the other 17 players in the squad would like to be linked to foreign clubs as well (read: give a good impression when given the opportunity on the international stage). Bottom line, I think you're wrong :) You're entitled to your opinion of course, but as long as you base your assessment on your own hunch, I have a hard time taking it very seriously.

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventJuventus vs Bate
SelectionJuventus
Strength10/10
Date10/12/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.49 (Back)
ReasoningA nothing game really. Juventus aleady qualified as group winner and Bate eliminated from European football. Bate have been training in Italy because there season finished last month. Juventus will know that although they are crownded winners of the group the fans will not want anything less of a win at home, especially after there dissappointing 2-2 with Bate in the reverse fixture. Juventus welcome back Del Pierro or this fixture and the small italian can whilst up some of his champions league magic then the italians will win this comfortably. Home advantage for Juventus,they have world class players against Bate's average squad and a motive for Juventus (2-2 draw in reverse game), Everything points to a juventus win

EventManchester United vs Aalborg
SelectionManchester United
Strength10/10
Date10/12/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Boylesports @ 1.25 (Back)
ReasoningManchester United want to win to make sure they qualify as group winners. Aalborg have already qualified for the Uefa Cup and cannot qualify for the Champions League. Manchester United with a motive to beat a much lesser team at home is a no brainer in who's going to win this. Manchester United won the reverse fixture in Denmark 3-0. Manchester Utd will play with a weakened team but will still be to good for the team sitting 6th in the danish league.

I Reckon Arsenal ( along with Utd ) will be keen top there group' date=' with chelsea sitting as a potential opponents, any of the teams with a chance to put the section to bed as winners will do so tonight.[/quote'] I'm pretty sure you can't face a team from the same country in the second round mate

Re: Champions League - Matchday 6 - Wednesday 10th December Juve sidelined few first teams although cloudio is focussing on this game he still have the fear this weekend clash wit ac milan.i'll take [email protected] arsenal is focussing on weekend game wit man city and arsene wenger have left half of the first team in london...porto is good at home so i take [email protected] and my last bet is with [email protected]

Re: Champions League - Matchday 6 - Wednesday 10th December think porto are looking good for the win tonight arsene will play his kids tonight id think just to give them the experience i also think he realises he needs to bring some thru a bit quicker as they dont seem to have too many options with the current squad even if arsenal were at full strength i still think they would struggle tonight, they might sneak a draw but in reality theyve got no chance porto just dont lose many at home against teams especially english teams youve also got to think porto are gonna want a bit of revenge after their away defeat to arsenal porto win ht ft the other one ive backed tonight is zenit, madrid can only be thinknig of barca and after all their injuries those players are just going to want to regain match fitness yes theyve got to impress the new boss but that will be done against barca, i can see their being a few goals cos zenit should open the scoring madrid know juve arent going to lose to bate so their is hardly any incentive for them to start that well i imagine their injury problems mean the squad to face barca will already be known, if zenit can start well and lets face it theyre going to be bang up for this madrid could be 2 goals down before their players bother to understand whats happenning then typical madrid style start playing well and make it a high scoring game but i think we will see zenit scoring when their not defending hopefully zenit score 1st zenit win ht ft over 3.5 goals

The aalborg players will NOT get spotted by anyone. They are without question the worst sides I've ever seen in the champions league and the fact that they amassed 4 points in their two games aghainst us is a disgrace. Not looked at their matches against Villarreal so can only comment on the games against Celtic. Anyone who watched either Celtic game will claim that it was a freak result which prevented Celtic from collecting all 3 points on both occassions. End of discussion

Re: Champions League - Matchday 6 - Wednesday 10th December I fancy a celtic win tonight, and I must say I find the price to be rather tempting. I expect Strachan to field a full strangth side tonight and that imo would have been enough to take care of Villarreal at Parkhead no matter who they put out. The fact that the Villarreal manager has been quoted in the press as saying he will send out a weakened side to gain ex[perince only enhances my belief that Celtic can get the win tonight. Admittedley we have nothing to play for, I can see Parkhead being far from full (I wont be able to attend because of a fecking essay due for tomorrow, GOD I HATE UNI!!) but this team imo OWES the fans a solid performance in Europe and I think we'll get one from them tonight. If you can get the 2.38 quoted above snap it up as I think once the weakened Villarreal side is confirmed that price will fall closer to evens if not odds on. Gd luck to all MON THE HOOPS!!

Re: Champions League - Matchday 6 - Wednesday 10th December I don't think Aalborg, BATE, Zenith are going to play just for the protocol, imo all these teams will be out to impress/prove a point. A reminder to those who love the expression ''nothing to play for'' must have been the Chelsea game last night, everyone here was on Chelsea -1,75 AH or higher, including myself. AND Shakhtar also had ''nothing to play for'', right ??? What I expect is both Juventus and Manchester Utd to field weaker teams as of their weekend games - whoever plays is still top class, but this fact will increase the chances of the visitors to impress, as both BATE and Aalborg players might wait for another 10 years or more for a chance to play at those grounds - it is these teams that HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE. True, the class gap is massive, so it was at Stamford Bridge last night. I will settle for a betfair double of HWins here, medium stake, but I am also adding Over 2,5 goals in Manchester or Over 150 total goal minutes. No singles on the Juve game as this team is the Champion Fixer. A high stake Over in Madrid is my main bet, everybody ( except Recre ) scored at Bernabeu. Ramos loves attacking football - Sevilla with him was 60+ % Over, so was Spurs. Any Manager in his place will need to know where he stands before the Saturday game, odds on Barca win are down to 1,53. As of Zenith, they got players to score anywhere. Another high stake single for me is Over 2,5 cards in Glasgow at 1,85 with bet365 which I find a massive value. For the argument, the line in Lyon is Over 5 cards. With a Spanish team involved 3 cards is a joke, a Swiss ref... Dynamo Kiyv also looks overish to me....

Re: Champions League - Matchday 6 - Wednesday 10th December Steau-Fiore 2 Fiorentina will try to win this just to encourage themselves and I cant see steaua stopping them. Real-Zenit 1 HW coz they need selfconfidence and motivation to face the weekend classico and to start over positive results.

Another high stake single for me is Over 2,5 cards in Glasgow at 1,85 with bet365 which I find a massive value. For the argument, the line in Lyon is Over 5 cards. With a Spanish team involved 3 cards is a joke, a Swiss ref... Dynamo Kiyv also looks overish to me....
Great spot nicko, i'm on that too now, though at the slightly trimmed odds of 1.8. Fingers crossed :hope

Re: Champions League - Matchday 6 - Wednesday 10th December Steaua Bucharest - AC Fiorentina Steaua Bucuresti: Zapata - Golański, M.Radoi, Ghionea, P.Marin - Ov.Petre, Tiago - Nicolita, Dayro Moreno, Toja – Semedo; Lots of important new players missing for Steaua like FW Kapetanas(injured), DF Goian(card accumulation),MF Arthuro(injured),FW Bogdan Stancu added to already big list. Steaua's boss George Becali is having financial difficulty and said a qual. in Uefa wont be repaid.Also there is a dispute between Becali and the fans. Last game against second place U. Urziceni, Steaua struggled at home and was saved by a 90' min goal(FW Kapetanos). Fiorentina missing players in defense but Mutu and Gilardino can make up for that:) No bet for me, but I think draw is the most probable outcome. GL:dude

EventJuventus vs Bate
SelectionJuventus
Strength10/10
Date10/12/2008
may be del piero does not play tonight because at this weekend he plan to play against ac milan, but in the second line juventus still have a good striker Vincenzo Iaquinta. i think Iaquinta will prove it and do the best because his position has lost in starting lineup since amauri come to juve. i think juve will win. GL all :hope

EventPorto v Arsenal
SelectionLay Arsenal (Lay)
Strength6/10
Date10/12/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.70 (Lay)
ReasoningBig rotations in the Arsenal squad and Wenger publically stating that he doesn't mind if Arsenal don't top the group doesn't exactly inspire confidence. For sure Arsenal have some talented fringe/younger players but they will surely be tested tonight. Porto have a great tradition at home in the champions league and will be looking to put behind them the Kiev debacle and exact some revenge for the defeat to Arsenal earlier.

Steaua - Fiorentina Today, 20:45 Soccer - Champions L Pick: Under 2.5 Result: Pending Stake: 10/10 Odds: 1.80 Bookmaker: Nordicbet vCash: Yes A match for the protocol only. Fiorentina have been relegated to the UEFA Cup and we haven't seen anything from Steaua this season. Good luck and god bless TuttiFooty.Com Footy Stats
steaua have one point and fiorentina have three - if steaua win, they will qualify for the uefa.....

Re: Champions League - Matchday 6 - Wednesday 10th December Lets make some noise for the Bhoys! ------------Boruc Hinkle---McManus---Caldwell---Wilson Nakamura--Brown--Hartley--McGeady ------Samaras---Maloney V strong selection, should be good enough if the rumours are true that villarrel are to play a weakened side. Will be taking Celtic if the 11/10 is still available MON THE HOOPS!!

Re: Champions League - Matchday 6 - Wednesday 10th December As predicted Villarreal make 8 changes from the side who defeated Celtic in El Madrigal. If Celtic are interested tonight, this could be a great game, possibly with a gd few goals as well (both defences are pretty shit)

i do fancy man utd -1.5 if a weakend side by them simply means Berbatov' date=' Tevez, Nani. waiting to see actual XI[/quote'] Man Utd: Kuszczak, Neville, Ferdinand, Evans, O'Shea, Nani, Gibson, Anderson, Giggs, Rooney, Tevez. Subs: Foster, Park, Vidic, Scholes, Rafael Da Silva, Fletcher, Possebon. Should be good enough to take care of those danish mugs tonight. Giggs Nani Rooney and tevez will destroy them