** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

What Do All you Tourney Players Think...

Punto Banco

This is the first hand of this weeks Million qualifier.... ***** Hand 1353004499 ***** 10.00/20.00 Texas Hold'em (No Limit) - Monday, 8 December 2008 5:30:17 AM €1 MILLION Weekly (Real/Tournament) Seat 1: Dano551 (2000.00) Seat 2: DocAman (2000.00) Seat 6: RayPenber (2000.00) Seat 3: Rene911 (2000.00) Seat 4: piterek013 (2000.00) Seat 5: Leon512 (2000.00) Seat 7: Unknown (0.00) Seat 8: Unknown (0.00) Seat 9: Unknown (0.00) Seat 10: Unknown (0.00) DocAman post SB 10.00 Rene911 post BB 20.00 ** Deal ** Dano551 [N/A, N/A] DocAman [N/A, N/A] RayPenber [Qd, Qh] Rene911 [N/A, N/A] piterek013 [N/A, N/A] Leon512 [N/A, N/A] *** Bet Round 1 *** piterek013 Fold Leon512 Call 20.00 RayPenber Raise to 90.00 Dano551 Fold DocAman Call 90.00 Rene911 Fold Leon512 Call 90.00 *** Flop(Board): *** : [6d, Qs, 5h] *** Bet Round 2 *** DocAman Check Leon512 Check RayPenber Check *** Turn(Board): *** : [6d, Qs, 5h, 9s] *** Bet Round 3 *** DocAman Check Leon512 Check RayPenber Bet 200.00 DocAman Call 200.00 Leon512 Call 200.00 *** River(Board): *** : [6d, Qs, 5h, 9s, Jd] *** Bet Round 4 *** DocAman Check Leon512 Check RayPenber Bet 500.00 DocAman Raise to 1000.00 Leon512 Fold RayPenber All-in 1710.00 DocAman All-in 1710.00

Re: What Do All you Tourney Players Think... If he has done you with 78 then I can't see how you would have got away really. Agree with size of pre-flop raise. I would have made what looked a standard C-bet of about 200 on the flop, hoping to bring someone along while also building the pot. But if he had 78, then he was probably going to call with an open ended draw.

Re: What Do All you Tourney Players Think... I think k-10 is a distinct possibility. People make stupid calls in the early levels of mtt's knowing they can get to the river without having put in more than 500 chips. Here's a perfect example. It is why it is always dangerous to check a flop you've hit - giving a free card can price someone in further down the line very easily. I agree with Samba, a continuation bet is the play here - the only annoying result is that he will probably fold, and afterall trip q's, no flush draw is a huge hand in this spot. Whatever he had, if you lost the hand you are very unlucky. Hopefully he has q rag!

Re: What Do All you Tourney Players Think... If the guy had 87, I like his play. Hands like this are worth playing now and again, even calling small raises. If you hit you can win a stack, if you miss, you walk away. From your perspective Punto, you couldn't have gotten away from it at all.

Re: What Do All you Tourney Players Think... I would definitely have bet out on the flop, yo're asking for trouble checking there once both had already checked. The way Docman has played the hand I would say he has 78 or K10. Why didn't you flat call his reraise on the river? You might have ruled out K10 but 78 is a very high possibility.

Re: What Do All you Tourney Players Think... Word of advise. I have played thousands of MTTs on Boss and one thing I learned. Your raise pre flop is waaaaay to small. Boss is the worst if it comes to limpers and chasers. In the 1st level of any MTTs on Boss, holding top 3 pairs, I raise, to between 180 and 350, depending on position and limpers already in. Id rather take 100 or punish chasers than be out in that hand. It doesn't matter how hard you hit the flop, checking here is a big mistake. I would over bet the pot on that flop and would be all in on the turn whatever comes up. It seems like very desperate way of playing, but I have lost with monsters to many times at the beginning of tournament. At least I know, I played it right way and I didn't give any chances to suckers at Virgin, Kings or SB. So, very unlucky mate (I think) :unsure.

Re: What Do All you Tourney Players Think... I agree 100% with Hen and that is how I would and do play this sort of hand. Heads up I may give a free card on the flop but not in this coup. I think someone called with draw and hit. KsTs is a possibility, 87 obviously but my money would be T8 (double gutshot). I mean you cannot fold, I think a lot of opponents do the same thing with a lesser set, you just have to pray this is the case. I can't see him having trips on the flop though, I don't think he'd check them twice. Think he'd reraise with JJ preflop (maybe), so if it's trips, it's probably nines. So trips are looking increasingly unlikely. Like I say, it's much more likely he has hit a straight. Just unlucky but nothing you can do at this stage. I probably only call the check-raise though, keep 700 back.

Re: What Do All you Tourney Players Think... Sounds like a K 10 hand. I would definatly not have put the last 700 in on the river. I find that a lot of the time the minimum re-raise on the river is often a sign of one of two things... 1. Massive Strength and wants a call 2. Missed draw and wants to try and take the pot if they put you on nothing. either way if i would have only called the 500 and left myself with 710 to play on with if you have been extreamly unlucky. I may be reading this wrong still getting use to the hand history thing :) Good luck at the tables.

Re: What Do All you Tourney Players Think... I am in partial agreement... I think 100% calling on the river is the go... 700 is not great but at the start of the tourney it is still about 15m so calling is the go... I am otherwise happy about this hand to be honest despite other criticism about bet sizes/ not betting flop... I think both are options depending on personal preference... mine is to check.... if anyone is curious he had 10 8o (A nice call on the SB with 2 to act... including an utg limper... although I guess 1st hand utg limp means nothing)